Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436179 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #2520 on: March 17, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
The good news about this news is that Rod slipped in a comment about a couple South American shows being filmed for a DVD release later this year. I'm pumped for it since I won't be able to go to Florida to see them on this tour.
As long as they Steve Harris away from the editing... He f##king ruined Death On The Road, which contained some of the most gorgeous footage ever shot of the band.
I was watching Maiden England just last night and he did such a terrific job with that show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2521 on: March 17, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »
I think I'll buy that Japan event shirt when they get them back in stock on Wednesday.  Pretty badass shirt AND it supports a good cause!

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2522 on: March 17, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »
Is Somewhere In Time (or rather, its remaster) mastered to be much louder than the other albums from that era, or are my ears deceiving me?
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #2523 on: March 17, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
Don't think so.  It was just the best album Maiden recorded sonically, so it hurts to hear it tarnished.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #2524 on: March 18, 2011, 06:39:38 AM »
I think the new compilation is aimed at younger fans who are new to the band - it's a pretty good follow on from the "Somewhere back in time" album. Maiden have a lot of kids at their shows, and a lot of new fans in other territories, especially India, the Far East and South America. Compilations like this are a good way for new fans to get up to speed.

Tailgunner, Holy Smoke and Man on the Edge were all released as singles, so they should be on here, even if the final selection is a little unbalanced.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #2525 on: April 07, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »
Fantastic news.

IRON MAIDEN's April 8 and April 10 concerts in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile, respectively, will be professionally filmed and recorded for a future DVD release.

In a recent interview with Chile's Futuro 88.9 FM, IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris stated about the DVD upcoming shoot, "We will record two shows. We will use footage from both concerts for the DVD.

"We have amazing supporters in Chile and Argentina and we want to show more of the audiences from those parts of the world. We already filmed some footage there for the 'Flight 666' movie, but only one song per country was used. We will now have a chance to show much more of the crowds in Chile and Argentina.

"Wherever we go, we are always asked what the best audiences in the world are, and we always say that it is South America — Chile, Argentina and Sao Paulo, Brazil. Now we can show it."

When asked if the setlist for the Buenos Aires and Santiago concerts will be the same as the one the band has been playing on the current "Final Frontier World Tour", Harris said, "The setlist that we are playing is basically the same we have been playing on this tour, what you have been able to see on Internet. The sets that we will do in Chile and Argentina will be the same, but for these two special shows that will be recorded, we have prepared more songs and a bigger production. So what you will see in Chile will be a long and big show."

Regarding how many cameras will be used to capture the performances, Harris said, "I think it will be about 10 or 12. I had always been involved in the production and direction of the concert DVDs in the past, but we are now working with a very good company, the guys who made the documentary 'Flight 666'. They are the ones who are responsible for recording these shows, so for me at least it is a great relief."
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2526 on: April 07, 2011, 02:04:02 PM »
Excite.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2527 on: April 07, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »
Awesome!!  :hefdaddy
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2528 on: April 07, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »
Sweet!

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #2529 on: April 07, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »
If anyone here isn't participating in the Maiden survivor, come check it out! :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2530 on: April 07, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »
Very excited to see what is played on the longer setlists for the filming tomorrow night.  It will most likely be songs that were played on the summer tour and I would guess it would be the two songs from AMOLAD.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2531 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:42 AM »
Starblind on DVD would be so fucking epic.  They need to play this song live.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2532 on: April 08, 2011, 05:21:57 AM »

Regarding how many cameras will be used to capture the performances, Harris said, "I think it will be about 10 or 12. I had always been involved in the production and direction of the concert DVDs in the past, but we are now working with a very good company, the guys who made the documentary 'Flight 666'. They are the ones who are responsible for recording these shows, so for me at least it is a great relief."
And THIS is the best news of it all! Keep Harris away from the editing desk.

It will most likely be songs that were played on the summer tour and I would guess it would be the two songs from AMOLAD.
Yeah, I agree. The added songs better NOT include Wrathchild!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2533 on: April 08, 2011, 05:54:11 AM »
It will probably be RTTH and Wrathchild :(

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2534 on: April 08, 2011, 07:08:00 AM »
Great news, I can't wait for this DVD.  :metal :metal :metal

As for the additional songs, I don't think we'll be surprised. Expect some hits, not obscure epics.

Offline Cerebral_Eulogy

« Reply #2535 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:49 AM »
Yeah, I imagine that they will have to pull out some of the HITS for this recording, just to make it marketable to even the modest fans.  I would expect Run to the Hills or 2 Minutes to Midnight or something like that.
I'm Commander Sheppard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2536 on: April 08, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
Two Minutes is already in the set.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2537 on: April 08, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »
So the wife asked me to throw on a couple Iron Maiden cd's on her I-pod for the gym.  Great workout music she said.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2538 on: April 08, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »
So the wife asked me to throw on a couple Iron Maiden cd's on her I-pod for the gym.  Great workout music she said.
Which ones did you pick?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2539 on: April 08, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »

And THIS is the best news of it all! Keep Harris away from the editing desk.

Man, no shit.  That man has no business editing concert footage.  Plus, the guys who did the documentary seemed to be big fans, and these things should always be edited by people who know and love the music. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2540 on: April 08, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »
..and the Sox radio broadcast just came back from commercial to Aces High!! :metal

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2541 on: April 08, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »
Awesome!

Ever since we saw Maiden about a month ago, one of my friends has been getting into them. His favourite songs - Hallowed, The Talisman, and Aces High :D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2542 on: April 09, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
They didn't change the set at all for the Argentina show, and from what I've read on the IM fan club forum, the crowd was insane, but the bands performance was subpar. Bruce also said something along the lines of, "let's go back to 1982 for this one, 2 minutes to midnight" which is odd since it came out in 84.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: April 09, 2011, 09:47:37 PM »
That Argentina set doesn't shout out to me "Buy this DVD!" especially since I have some Maiden on DVD already, and TFF isn't that high on my Maiden album list. . 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #2544 on: April 10, 2011, 02:01:46 AM »
 If you read what Harris said once more he only said the gig in Chile would be a big, long show.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2545 on: April 10, 2011, 07:03:09 AM »
and TFF isn't that high on my Maiden album list. . 
Why not??

Bruce also said something along the lines of, "let's go back to 1982 for this one, 2 minutes to midnight" which is odd since it came out in 84.
:lol He's made this mistake a few times.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2546 on: April 10, 2011, 07:29:48 AM »
Im going to see them Saturday.  Club level seats with free beer and buffet. 
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2547 on: April 10, 2011, 07:57:24 AM »
Im going to see them Saturday.  Club level seats with free beer and buffet. 
Awesome! I've seen them on this tour, its amazing!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2548 on: April 10, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »
Why not??

Honestly, I don't know. I really liked AMoLaD when it first came out, and still rank it pretty high, so maybe TFF is a bit of a letdown for me.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2549 on: April 10, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »
Why not??

Honestly, I don't know. I really liked AMoLaD when it first came out, and still rank it pretty high, so maybe TFF is a bit of a letdown for me.

Well, I love TFF. Honestly, I was expecting a huge step back for the follow up to AMOLAD, which blew me away. So I guess I had low expectations, especially after hearing El Dorado, but TFF is very strong. I find it on par with AMOLAD, but with more color. They are both Top 5 Maiden albums for me.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2550 on: April 10, 2011, 10:55:59 PM »
TFF is in my top 7 or so, its a fantastic album. AMOLAD is definitely better though IMO, its my 2nd fave maiden album.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2551 on: April 11, 2011, 02:33:33 AM »
I have kinda mixed feelings for TFF, on one side the latter half has some really great songs like Starblind and Isle of Avalon, but the first 4 songs or so doesn't really do anything for me.
I would rank the album somewhere in the middle of their discography.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2552 on: April 11, 2011, 03:18:26 AM »
I think theres no bad songs on there, and I love the first 4, though El Dorado is probably the worst on the alnum, but still good.

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #2553 on: April 11, 2011, 06:35:01 AM »
----HUGE SPOILER----

OMG THEY PLAYED ALEXANDER THE GREAT IN CHILE!!!

Nah.. Just kiddin'.. :smiley:
....they didn't play anything new.. No setlist change at all in Chile..  :sadpanda:

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2554 on: April 11, 2011, 01:01:46 PM »
How exciting.. thanks for that