News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

THE Iron Maiden Thread

Started by TAC, April 27, 2009, 08:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlassPrison

Wow, you guys are all over the map with the top 50! Looks like every song got some love, which is a real testament to the diversity of TFF. There's something for everyone.

Anyway, I think that The Talisman is a lock for me personally, and TMWWBK and WTWWB would probably make the cut as well. Isle, Starblind, El Dorado, and Coming Home would all be just outside of that range, but then again I don't have an actual list. I'll need to really work my way through the discography again to see what stands out; one of these days I definitely want to put together my own top 50.

tri.ad

Starblind, The Man Who Would Be King and Coming Home would make my top 50, I guess.

glaurung

The Man Who Would be king is one of my least favorites on the new album. I'm not even sure why I don't like it, it just doesn't grab my attention like the others.

wolfking

Where The Wind Blows - Top 50
The Man Who Would Be King - Top 40
Starblind - Top 15

Birch Boy

"El Dorado" and "Mother Of Mercy" would definitely make my top fifty. Not sure about the others.

sneakyblueberry

Nothing from TFF would make my top 50 atm.  I'm having a hard time trying to get into it. 

Seventh Son

Quote from: sneakyblueberry on October 04, 2010, 02:24:57 PM
Nothing from TFF would make my top 50 atm.  I'm having a hard time trying to get into it. 
El Dorado certainly would, but most of the others wouldn't. They aren't bad song, but they don't really do anything for me. 70-90 range for the most part.

sneakyblueberry

El Dorado is the worst song on the album.  :lol

Seventh Son

Quote from: sneakyblueberry on October 04, 2010, 02:34:23 PM
:|
Its got a bunch of catchy, fun riffs. What's not to like?

Cool Chris

You guys who have ranked all their songs have a lot of time on your hands  :biggrin:

To answer the question: I'd probably put 'Avalon,' 'Coming Home' and maybe 'Talisman' in the top 50. Definitely nothing in the top 25. The album is very middle of the road for me: Nothing ranking very high, nothing ranking very low.

Seventh Son

Quote from: Cool Chris on October 04, 2010, 03:09:50 PM
You guys who have ranked all their songs have a lot of time on your hands  :biggrin:

To answer the question: I'd probably put 'Avalon,' 'Coming Home' and maybe 'Talisman' in the top 50. Definitely nothing in the top 25. The album is very middle of the road for me: Nothing ranking very high, nothing ranking very low.
Unemployment does that to you :p

sneakyblueberry

Quote from: Seventh Son on October 04, 2010, 02:35:39 PM

I dunno, probably haven't listened to it enough to make a fair call.  It pales in comparison to Coming Home and TMWWBK though.

Seventh Son

Children of the Damned is a top 20 Iron Maiden song and I'm ashamed that I've never met anyone that agrees with me. So sad yet so beautiful.

Zook

The Duellists is cool I guess, but the vocal melodies in the verses are identical to those in Where Eagles Dare.

ClairvoyantCat

Quote from: Seventh Son on October 09, 2010, 03:36:25 PM
Children of the Damned is a top 20 Iron Maiden song and I'm ashamed that I've never met anyone that agrees with me. So sad yet so beautiful.

i agree

Seventh Son

Quote from: dtismajesty on October 09, 2010, 03:40:08 PM

i agree
:heart

TAC

Quote from: Seventh Son on October 09, 2010, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: dtismajesty on October 09, 2010, 03:40:08 PM

i agree
:heart

It's a TOP 10 song for me!!!!!!!!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

glaurung

It's pretty good but it's not one of my favorites.

wolfking

Good song, but not top 20 for me.

cramx3

Quote from: wolfking on October 09, 2010, 05:34:27 PM
Good song, but not top 20 for me.

Agreed, however it's pretty awesome on the Early Days DVD.

sneakyblueberry

Quote from: Zook on October 09, 2010, 03:39:58 PM
The Duellists is cool I guess, but the vocal melodies in the verses are identical to those in Where Eagles Dare.

Haha never noticed this.  Not identical but similar.  Maiden have a knack for repeating themselves though...

Plasmastrike

wolfking

That's like my worst nightmare.

Seventh Son

RttH is a good song but goddamn  :facepalm:

MykeHavoc

Live Phantom of the Opera (Beast over Hammersmith) just popped on as I was cruising the forum. Figured I'd pop in and throw up some horns :metal

Birch Boy

sneakyblueberry

Quote from: Seventh Son on October 20, 2010, 03:54:42 PM

Haha.  I guess you could make the same kind of list for a lot of Maiden songs that are 'hits' as well as being live staples though.  Trooper, Hallowed, 2 Mins etc.

Seventh Son

Quote from: sneakyblueberry on October 21, 2010, 04:41:09 AM

Haha.  I guess you could make the same kind of list for a lot of Maiden songs that are 'hits' as well as being live staples though.  Trooper, Hallowed, 2 Mins etc.
Except Hallowed is nothing but perfection in musical form :p

sneakyblueberry

Quote from: Seventh Son on October 21, 2010, 05:13:19 AM
Quote from: sneakyblueberry on October 21, 2010, 04:41:09 AM

Except Hallowed is nothing but perfection in musical form :p

Not going to argue with you there, pal :tup

RobD

Quote from: wolfking on October 20, 2010, 03:23:28 PM
That's like my worst nightmare.

And that's not including the singles either... :lol

AndyDT

Quote from: sneakyblueberry on October 04, 2010, 09:23:06 PM

I dunno, probably haven't listened to it enough to make a fair call.  It pales in comparison to Coming Home and TMWWBK though.

I think it's one of the few songs in recent years where Bruce has to really push his voice.

Seventh Son

Quote from: AndyDT on October 29, 2010, 11:44:45 AM
Quote from: sneakyblueberry on October 04, 2010, 09:23:06 PM

I think it's one of the few songs in recent years where Bruce has to really push his voice.
Eh, his vocals didn't bother me any. Besides I'm not so vocally centered about music as others, I look at the riffs and melodies mostly :P

Birch Boy

I need them to announce more North American dates!

EDIT: https://ironmaiden.com/ I'LL BE REALLY HAPPY OF IT'S MORE NORTH AMERICAN DATES :caffeine: :birch:

GuineaPig

There's going to be two dates in Indonesia: Bali and Jakarta.