Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436434 times)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #1610 on: August 21, 2010, 11:44:43 AM »
The intro has grown on me just a tad, but I still can't help myself from skipping past it more times than actually sitting through it.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1611 on: August 21, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »
I'm probably going to get a bit of shit for this but...Starblind is my least favourite track on the album.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. There's nothing bad about it, it's just the least good.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #1612 on: August 21, 2010, 11:46:46 AM »
7/10 album, listened through it a few times already. Its got some cool moments, but overall just meanders around too much for me.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #1613 on: August 21, 2010, 11:52:53 AM »
I've done a lot of listening, and I've decided it's a great album, but....

Iron Maiden is just not evil enough anymore  :'(

I miss songs about seventh sons and dancing with creatures who ascended from hell and killing the youngborn in the womb and satan and evil rituals and generally evil things.  

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: August 21, 2010, 11:54:54 AM »
The band has "matured" in their song writing, man. It's not about shocking the parents or the 80's.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #1615 on: August 21, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »

Iron Maiden is just not evil enough anymore  :'(

I miss songs about seventh sons and dancing with creatures who ascended from hell and killing the youngborn in the womb and satan and evil rituals and generally evil things. 
Go listen to some black metal then... :tup ;)

I'm loving TFF, it's not only a VERY strong album from them, but also one where they tried new things and succeeded very well in them. I think the most shocking thing is having distorted bass as the very first thing you hear. Steve never changes his tone! :lol
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1616 on: August 21, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »

What are you talking about? Venom is a band with some of the most eloquent and well written songs of all time.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1617 on: August 21, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »
After a half dozen listens, I am floored. I had no idea how they'd follow up the great AMOLAD. This album is easily as good musically, but is shaded a bit lighter in mood. I think it's an incredible, but daunting offering. Tough to digest all at once so give it time. Bruce slays on this album. His performance on Coming Home is his most passionate vocal since Balls To Picasso. Simply stunning.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #1618 on: August 21, 2010, 12:05:26 PM »

What are you talking about? Venom is a band with some of the most eloquent and well written songs of all time.
NP: Venom - Teacher's Pet
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: August 21, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Quick question - Am I the only one here who thinks the production sounds fine? I mean, I see almost no issue with it at all. I can't quite see the problems some are having.

NP: Venom - Teacher's Pet
TEACHER CAUGHT ME MASTURBATING UNDERNEATH THE DESK

Lyrical wordsmiths, they are.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1620 on: August 21, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »
Their records just sound like a good 70's record with a better mic-ing set up.

I agree with this. I love how Kevin Shirley has recorded the.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1621 on: August 21, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
I really like Satellite 15 but I think I would have preferred it as an individual song.
My thoughts exactly. It's not like it even leads in to TFF at all.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #1622 on: August 21, 2010, 08:03:36 PM »
Bruce slays on this album. His performance on Coming Home is his most passionate vocal since Balls To Picasso. Simply stunning.

I have to agree. The most impressive vocal performance from Bruce in a very long time. His range on The Talsiman is almost equal to what he did in the 80's.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1623 on: August 22, 2010, 12:22:44 AM »
After a second listen, "Mother Of Mercy" really clicked! :birch:

Love Bruce's vocals during the chorus.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #1624 on: August 22, 2010, 01:35:19 AM »
After a second listen, "Mother Of Mercy" really clicked! :birch:

Love Bruce's vocals during the chorus.

This. I started by rating this song pretty low, but I realized quickly that it's a real gem. The chorus is so dark and catchy.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1625 on: August 22, 2010, 04:41:40 AM »
I'm probably going to get a bit of shit for this but...Starblind is my least favourite track on the album.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. There's nothing bad about it, it's just the least good.

For me, Starblind is by far the best song on the album.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline moffatt

• Lost fanboi
  • Head & Shoulders > L'oreal
« Reply #1626 on: August 22, 2010, 04:49:19 AM »
Isle of Avalon is easily the best song on the album.
I ranked the title track (on its own not with S15) and El Dorado pretty high as well.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1627 on: August 22, 2010, 04:53:14 AM »
I've decided this album has a shitload of MUSIC WIN!!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1628 on: August 22, 2010, 07:51:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm really baffled why the fanbase is this lukewarm about TFF. I don't remember that being the issue when the other reunion albums were released, though I may be wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1629 on: August 22, 2010, 11:30:22 AM »
Just Got the new CD.  First listen in and it sounds great.  I want to soak it in a little more before I say anything else.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #1630 on: August 22, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »
The Final Frontier is officially #1 in the UK album charts! :D

Now, if they don't do a proper UK tour they have no excuses. 4 years has been quite long. :tup
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1631 on: August 22, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »
Kind of unexpectd but El Dorado sounds better and more fun everytime I hear it.  The Talisman may be my favorite on the album.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1632 on: August 22, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »
So Mother of Mercy's chorus really clicked with me on the ride to FU yesterday.  Still not big on TMWWBK and TFF though.

This just in: The Talisman is still incredibly fucking awesome.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1633 on: August 23, 2010, 06:23:35 AM »
COMING HOME FAR AWAY
AS THEIR VAPOR TRAILS ALIGN

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #1634 on: August 23, 2010, 11:40:52 PM »
https://www.sporcle.com/games/Scard/everyironmaiden

I made this game on Sporcle without realizing there were a few others already made. In any case, play it. Takes about 10 minutes.

**For those who aren't familiar with Sporcle, it's just a site of fun quizzes you can take of virtually any topic and when you're done you can see statistics on the least chosen answers, etc. Fun Stuff!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: August 24, 2010, 12:17:02 AM »

I made this game on Sporcle without realizing there were a few others already made. In any case, play it. Takes about 10 minutes.

**For those who aren't familiar with Sporcle, it's just a site of fun quizzes you can take of virtually any topic and when you're done you can see statistics on the least chosen answers, etc. Fun Stuff!

Will try this when I'm not a work.  Looks like fun.  I think the hardest part will be the time limit.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #1636 on: August 24, 2010, 12:23:41 AM »

Will try this when I'm not a work.  Looks like fun.  I think the hardest part will be the time limit.

Yeahhh.I got 126/144 in 10 minutes. I had around 40 seconds at the end where I just sat around because I just couldn't think of anymore! i think I'ma up to time limit to 12 minutes

Offline moffatt

• Lost fanboi
  • Head & Shoulders > L'oreal
« Reply #1637 on: August 24, 2010, 03:46:24 AM »
The Final Frontier is officially #1 in the UK album charts! :D

Now, if they don't do a proper UK tour they have no excuses. 4 years has been quite long. :tup
They must do one next year. Or I won't be happy :(

Although I did see them at sonisphere :p

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1638 on: August 24, 2010, 04:13:03 AM »
https://www.studio51.se/blog/music/review-final-frontier-iron-maiden/ My review on the album. Awesome, I especially dig The Isle Of Avalon.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1639 on: August 24, 2010, 06:04:21 AM »

Yeahhh.I got 126/144 in 10 minutes. I had around 40 seconds at the end where I just sat around because I just couldn't think of anymore! i think I'ma up to time limit to 12 minutes

I got 142/144 in 12 minutes.

I missed Como Estais Amigos simply because I couldn't spell it right.  The only song I completely couldn't remember was Iron Maiden....I can't believe it!!!  I'm staring at that space in the middle of the first album with 45 seconds to spare and I could not think of it!! LOL.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1640 on: August 25, 2010, 12:12:03 AM »
https://www.studio51.se/blog/music/review-final-frontier-iron-maiden/ My review on the album. Awesome, I especially dig The Isle Of Avalon.
:tup

Will try this when I'm not a work.  Looks like fun.  I think the hardest part will be the time limit.

I missed Como Estais Amigos simply because I couldn't spell it right.  The only song I completely couldn't remember was Iron Maiden....I can't believe it!!!  I'm staring at that space in the middle of the first album with 45 seconds to spare and I could not think of it!! LOL.
:lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm:

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1641 on: August 25, 2010, 04:15:59 AM »
Hahaha cool.  I think Zydar posted something similar earlier in the thread.  Or maybe it was pre-crash.  Either way its damn cool.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1642 on: August 25, 2010, 04:43:39 AM »
:tup

Will try this when I'm not a work.  Looks like fun.  I think the hardest part will be the time limit.

I missed Como Estais Amigos simply because I couldn't spell it right.  The only song I completely couldn't remember was Iron Maiden....I can't believe it!!!  I'm staring at that space in the middle of the first album with 45 seconds to spare and I could not think of it!! LOL.
:lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm: :dammitamanda: :lolpalm:

Don't worry, I'm still kicking my own ass!!  :rollin

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1643 on: August 25, 2010, 04:59:14 AM »
Hahaha cool.  I think Zydar posted something similar earlier in the thread.  Or maybe it was pre-crash.  Either way its damn cool.

Yeah I remember posting something like this. I have posted a quiz about all DT songs, but I could also have done it for Maiden too.  :smiley:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1644 on: August 25, 2010, 05:01:32 AM »
I remember the DT one, but not a Iron Maiden one.  (Not saying it hasn't been done though)