Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436006 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #910 on: June 16, 2010, 02:21:15 PM »
Finally!!!
https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=308878
Which one is it?  There was a SNAFU when setting up my account so my password is v897435hifg98yyq35bugaet7 or something similarly unrememberable.  Consequently, I've never used their site beyond the one thing I joined to get.   

San Antonio. Apparently also includes Pull Me Under. It's over 7Gs. I don't have dual layer, and it doesn't seem to be 2 DVDs. I wonder if DVD Shrink will screw it up too much. I may need some technical assistance to get this on a disc at some point.
You can also use DVD shrink to split it over 2 disks.  That's what I do when I don't want to compress something.

Personally, I want a Dallas show.  Brighter really was one of the highlights for me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #911 on: June 16, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »
Here's the DVD shrink homepage, but I can't see where to download it. It wants to do a scan, but I'm skeptikal to have them scan my computer. Is this needed to d/l it?
https://www.dvdshrink.org/
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #912 on: June 20, 2010, 08:32:59 AM »
Just listened to El Dorado from the Phoenix show. This is a much better song live.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline InstrumentalFiasco

« Reply #913 on: June 24, 2010, 02:49:50 AM »
I gotta say...El Dorado Stinks on ice. That's the worst song from the '00s so far. Totally boring with an uninspired solo section.  I'm still thrilled for a new Maiden album though, AMOLAD was really to long, I still don't understand why every song had to be an epic. The epic on Maiden's albums used to be a treat at the end or middle of albums, now we get a whole album of slow, building songs which turned many folks off.

I'm hoping for a Dance of Death type album Meets 7th Son. So basically Brave new World 2.
Sig removed for being too tall.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #914 on: June 24, 2010, 04:32:41 AM »
I don't think so. I knew maiden songs back since i remember. AMOLAD was the new maiden when i really got into them, so I bought that then piece of mind. I still know all the maiden classics, which is why i was bummed i missed the last tour but was still happy I still got to see em. i have never heard paschendale until that concert and now it's officially my favorite maiden song
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #915 on: June 24, 2010, 06:13:53 AM »
The contest for worst song in the post-reunion era should be won handily by "New Frontier."
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #916 on: June 24, 2010, 06:16:37 AM »
..or Wildest Dreams

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #917 on: June 24, 2010, 06:33:11 AM »
..or Wildest Dreams

lolno, "Nomad" or the filler tracks on Dance of Death (Face in the Sand, Age of Innocence, Gates of Tomorrow, New Frontier) are all worse than that.  Probably some more AMOLAD and BNW songs too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #918 on: June 24, 2010, 06:39:51 AM »
As you mentioned..lots of filler on Dance Of Death, so yes, you can pick any one. I happened to pick Wildest Dreams..

But Nomad is awesome!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #919 on: June 24, 2010, 06:58:45 AM »
..or Wildest Dreams
Wildest dreams is actually my favorite from the last 10 years. Optimistic, melodic, catchy, nice lyrics - fabulous song in every way, nothing to dislike about it.

My lesser favorites in the reunion era include The Thin line between love and hate, No more lies and These colors don't run.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #920 on: June 24, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
New Frontier is awesome.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #921 on: June 24, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
..or Wildest Dreams

lolno, "Nomad" or the filler tracks on Dance of Death (Face in the Sand, Age of Innocence, Gates of Tomorrow, New Frontier) are all worse than that.  Probably some more AMOLAD and BNW songs too.
Nomad was the weakest track on Brave New World, but it is better than a number of tracks on Dance of Death.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #922 on: June 24, 2010, 10:54:10 AM »
One of the very best crowds I've seen in ages.  On numerous occasions, absolutely deafening.  Also, a surprisingly high number of DT shirts. 

It was very similar here in Phx a week ago.  Lot's of DT support and the sound was great.  Of course Maiden was awesome as usual with their stage presence, sound and props.  My only small compaint would the Maiden setlist.  I realize they are promoting a new album yet to be released, but they didn't play anything from Piece of Mind, Seventh Son or Somewhere in Time. :( 

Still a great show.   :)
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #923 on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »
@Dublagent66 and anyone else who complains:
IF YOU HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH MAIDEN NEWS AT ALL YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE PLAYING SONGS FROM THEIR REUNION ALBUMS AND VERY FEW "CLASSICS."  I AM SICK OF THE SETLIST BITCHING.  YOU GOT A BUNCH OF GREAT SONGS FROM BRAVE NEW WORLD AND EITHER PASCHENDALE OR DANCE OF DEATH, ALL OF WHICH TROUNCE ANY SONG ON SEVENTH SONG AND MOST OF SOMEWHERE IN TIME.  PLUS YOU GOT TO SEE IRON FUCKING MAIDEN.

*ahem*
And one song hardly counts as a promotion for the new album.  I think this is more like a chance to bring all these new songs to America which, if I recall, got a bit screwed over on their tours.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #924 on: June 24, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
IF YOU HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH MAIDEN NEWS AT ALL YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE PLAYING SONGS FROM THEIR REUNION ALBUMS AND VERY FEW "CLASSICS."  I AM SICK OF THE SETLIST BITCHING.  YOU GOT A BUNCH OF GREAT SONGS FROM BRAVE NEW WORLD AND EITHER PASCHENDALE OR DANCE OF DEATH, ALL OF WHICH TROUNCE ANY SONG ON SEVENTH SONG AND MOST OF SOMEWHERE IN TIME.  PLUS YOU GOT TO SEE IRON FUCKING MAIDEN.

Totally agree.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: June 24, 2010, 09:59:18 PM »
I think Maiden's last good song, written recently, and that feels done in the 80s, is "The Mercenary".

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #926 on: June 25, 2010, 02:35:48 AM »
Fun fact: The Mercenary was written during the Blaze Bayley era.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #927 on: June 25, 2010, 02:36:39 AM »

As was Dream Of Mirrors - Blaze actually co-wrote the song.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #928 on: June 25, 2010, 03:38:00 AM »
I dunno, plenty of songs from BNW sound like re-worked leftovers from the Blaze era. Especially Blood brothers, I can even imagine Blaze singing the tune.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #929 on: June 25, 2010, 05:59:59 AM »
..or Wildest Dreams
Wildest dreams is actually my favorite from the last 10 years. Optimistic, melodic, catchy, nice lyrics - fabulous song in every way, nothing to dislike about it.

My lesser favorites in the reunion era include The Thin line between love and hate, No more lies and These colors don't run.
Oh M, The Thin Line is awesome. What a great and original (for Maiden) ending.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #930 on: June 25, 2010, 06:25:28 AM »

No it wasn't.  Janick wrote it in the early '80s.  It was just retooled during the Blaze era.

There were four songs written (or retooled) in the Blaze era that ended up on Maiden albums.  They are Dream of Mirrors, The Nomad, The Mercenary, and a mysterious fourth, which many believe ended up on Dance of Death.  The rumour is it is No More Lies.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: June 25, 2010, 06:31:59 AM »

I just saw this post.  I can agree that No More Lies needs a better chorus, but These Colors don't Run is awesome, and The Thin Line is my favorite song on BNW!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #932 on: June 25, 2010, 06:48:19 AM »
I believe most of BNW were Blaze era leftovers.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #933 on: June 25, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »

As was Dream Of Mirrors - Blaze actually co-wrote the song.

Oh you're right triad.. I'm starting to think it was only Mirrors and not Mercenary that was written with Blaze.

EDIT: I've been corrected. :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:44:03 AM by Plasmastrike »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #934 on: June 25, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »

No it wasn't.  Janick wrote it in the early '80s.  It was just retooled during the Blaze era.

There were four songs written (or retooled) in the Blaze era that ended up on Maiden albums.  They are Dream of Mirrors, The Nomad, The Mercenary, and a mysterious fourth, which many believe ended up on Dance of Death.  The rumour is it is No More Lies.

That would make sense seeing as how freaking repetitive the song is.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: June 25, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
No it wasn't. Janick wrote it in the early '80s. It was just retooled during the Blaze era.
That explains why.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #936 on: June 25, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
IF YOU HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH MAIDEN NEWS AT ALL YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE PLAYING SONGS FROM THEIR REUNION ALBUMS AND VERY FEW "CLASSICS."  I AM SICK OF THE SETLIST BITCHING.  YOU GOT A BUNCH OF GREAT SONGS FROM BRAVE NEW WORLD AND EITHER PASCHENDALE OR DANCE OF DEATH, ALL OF WHICH TROUNCE ANY SONG ON SEVENTH SONG AND MOST OF SOMEWHERE IN TIME.  PLUS YOU GOT TO SEE IRON FUCKING MAIDEN.

*ahem*
And one song hardly counts as a promotion for the new album.  I think this is more like a chance to bring all these new songs to America which, if I recall, got a bit screwed over on their tours.

Hey, why don't you take it easy.  I wasn't bitching even in the least ok?  I knew what the setlist was before I went to the concert.  It was great.  I just wanted to hear a couple of my favorite songs that they didn't play.  No big deal.  You actually made a bigger deal out of it than I did.   :chill
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: June 25, 2010, 12:33:30 PM »
I was more incited by reading youtube comments, followed by reading your post that led me to rage. 

Offline Bandit Manatee

« Reply #938 on: June 26, 2010, 12:43:45 AM »
I went to the auburn show and loved every second of it as it was my first time seeing Maiden.  I think some fans were disappointed since there was an interview I think where harriss claimed that the songs would be from all eras of Maiden which was a bit misleading.  I for one would of liked a couple more 80s songs thrown in the set list especially since a lot of the reunion songs tend to follow a similar formula :open softly, get heavy, have slightly repetitive chorus, close softly.  Still the band played super tight, and Dickinson was a amazing frontman so it was great.

On a side note, someday I want to form a Maiden tribute band... this is going to be our first set list

Caught Somewhere in Time
Die With Your Boots On
No More Lies
Flash of Blades
Infinite Dreams
22 Accacia Avenue
Remember Tomorrow
The Trooper
Lord of The Flies
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Fear of The Dark
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

---Encore---
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Wicker Man
Run to the Hills

Offline UnutterableSquid

• Squiddus Maximus
  • Eddie, what took you so long?
« Reply #939 on: June 26, 2010, 12:48:55 AM »
I believe most of BNW were Blaze era leftovers.

I can picture Blaze's voice on almost every single track off that album, now that you mention it.

Of course, I've always been one who thought that Blaze got the raw end of the stick, since he's actually a pretty decent vocalist and the two albums with him weren't that bad to begin with.

That, and BNW is one of Maiden's better albums.

The Final Frontier - August 16th, 2010

Offline Bandit Manatee

« Reply #940 on: June 26, 2010, 12:54:17 AM »
I think out of the reunion albums I would rank them like this

1. Brave New World
2. A Matter of Life and Death
3. Dance of Death

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #941 on: June 27, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »
Adrian recently falling over (spoilers for current tour):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtINeO2XtLQ&feature=player_embedded

:rollin
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #942 on: June 27, 2010, 06:17:46 PM »
Loved the single myself. It was more of a fun, laid back type of song, even though I've seen a lot of backlash for it. Excited and pumped for the new album though!
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2010, 01:41:55 AM »

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: June 28, 2010, 07:56:02 AM »
Caught Somewhere in Time
Die With Your Boots On
No More Lies
Flash of Blades
Infinite Dreams
22 Accacia Avenue
Remember Tomorrow
The Trooper
Lord of The Flies
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Fear of The Dark
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

---Encore---
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Wicker Man
Run to the Hills

Replace NML with Powerslave and SSoaSS with Paschendale and I'd see you guys.