Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436187 times)

Offline aurorablind

Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #875 on: June 10, 2010, 08:50:38 AM »
Yeah, i would kill for the DOD-songs. We got the AMOLAD-show (best show evah!), but on DOD they ditched Norway....bastards...and this time i won't be able to go either..
Anyway, i hope they come back for a full Final Frontier-tour, with a bunch of new stuff!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #876 on: June 10, 2010, 09:02:21 AM »
Ahhhh I so want to keep participating in this thread, but want to have a little mystery going in to the June 22 show.

I don't mind a 2000-2010 heavy show, as two years ago we got the Somewhere Back in Time tour (or at least some of us did) for an awesome pre-Blaze era show.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #877 on: June 10, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
Some pretty interesting house music before Maiden.  After the obligatory Dio, they played something from Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt 1.  Took me a while to figure out what the hell it was, since I haven't heard that album since it was new.  Also played some old Anthrax, I think from State of Euphoria. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #878 on: June 10, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »
It is a very good set. One that I never would have predicted. I bet Blood Brothers was awesome. That was completely unexpected.

I am not a fan of Wildest Dreams though...and I am not that nuts about The Wicker Man either.

But Pachendale I did expect, and I would love to see it live.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #879 on: June 10, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
This would be a perfect pre-encore set if they ditched No More Lies in favor of New Frontier, a song that could obviously find a home in the theme.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #880 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:33 AM »
This would be a perfect pre-encore set if they ditched No More Lies in favor of New Frontier, a song that could obviously find a home in the theme.

New Frontier is unremittingly awful, and does not even deserve to come within a light year of being played live.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #881 on: June 10, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »
Is El Dorado the only new one they're playing?

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #882 on: June 10, 2010, 11:19:06 AM »
I myself wouldn't complain, but I know that that set is gonna piss off a lot of people. The more casual fans.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #883 on: June 10, 2010, 11:29:20 AM »
Is El Dorado the only new one they're playing?
The only song from the new album.  It was alright, but it's placement was a real downer, right in the middle of an otherwise spectacular onslaught.  

Edit:  so are we through hiding spoilers now.  Everybody's mentioning specific songs all of a sudden. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #884 on: June 10, 2010, 11:57:55 AM »
I'm extremely happy with the setlist. I've seen Early Days, AMOLAD, and SBIT, so basically I've seen classic material...and AMOLAD top to bottom, nothing else. Now I can finally see stuff from BNW and DoD, as well as El Dorado and 3 of my favourite AMOLAD songs. I'm really happy I'm not seeing all classics again, but that being said, a FEW more classics that haven't been played in the past 5 years would have been nice.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #885 on: June 10, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
The thing a lot of you overlook is that Maiden is NEVER going to play a lot of those other songs. Look at the Somewhere Back in Time tour, with the exception of Moonchild the tour was as generic as it could possibly be.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #886 on: June 10, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »
I'm glad Iron Maiden are doin this. Good for a band to play more lesser known songs while keeping 2-3 well known songs.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #887 on: June 10, 2010, 12:44:13 PM »
@El Barto: What was the crowd's reaction to DT opening?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #888 on: June 10, 2010, 02:31:50 PM »
@El Barto: What was the crowd's reaction to DT opening?
DT was very nicely supported.  Saw plenty of people with DT shirts on, and the shed was pretty full when they played.  Didn't get the impression that many were board or skipping the opener as is so often the case. 
E.F. Benson

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #889 on: June 10, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
Cool. :tup

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #890 on: June 10, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »
I'll be rockin' out about a week from right now.  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #891 on: June 12, 2010, 07:21:40 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen...well, probably mostly gentlemen, here's a setlist:

SPOILERS

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Wrathchild
El Dorado
Dance Of Death
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
Encore:
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

I wish Wrathchild replaced a Wildest Dreams instead of Brighter than a Thousand Sons.  Wonder if they'll change it like this night-to-night or if we're going to see more changes..

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #892 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:17 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen...well, probably mostly gentlemen, here's a setlist:

SPOILERS

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Wrathchild
El Dorado
Dance Of Death
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
Encore:
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

I wish Wrathchild replaced a Wildest Dreams instead of Brighter than a Thousand Sons.  Wonder if they'll change it like this night-to-night or if we're going to see more changes..

Nice move taking out BTATS and putting in DOD.  Couple more older classics and I think all of us will be happy.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #893 on: June 12, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »
They don't need any more older songs. As far as I'm concerned if they took out Running Free and The Number of the Beast and replaced them with reunion material I'd probably be happy.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #894 on: June 12, 2010, 10:08:10 AM »
Ugh. Replacing Paschendale with Dance Of Death was a pretty bad move imo; Paschendale is so much better.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #895 on: June 12, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »
Don't think the one is replacing the other.  Apparently they both have unique backdrops.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #896 on: June 12, 2010, 10:14:29 AM »
I hope the change ain't permanent, they should rotate those songs. That way, there's still chance for me to see Paschendale and Brighter than a thousand suns.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #897 on: June 12, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »
Don't think the one is replacing the other.  Apparently they both have unique backdrops.
This is correct.  Personally, I preferred the A setlist to the B one, but I'm absolutely fucking thrilled to have gotten to see them both.  Seeing both Paschendale and Dance of Death beats out seeing Paschendale twice.

One of the very best crowds I've seen in ages.  On numerous occasions, absolutely deafening.  Also, a surprisingly high number of DT shirts. 

Maiden sounded real good and loud, as well.  Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the opening music is Mars, The Bringer of War from Holst's The Planets,  and between the PA and the crowd,  it was Earth shattering. 
E.F. Benson

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #898 on: June 12, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »
Yeah, you got lucky Barto.  You must've been shocked when they busted out those two, considering the last time Maiden switched setlists mid-tour was at the start of the Dance of Death tour (which also doesn't really count, seeing as they added a song rather than switched it).  Before that, it was the BNW tour that they were messing around with The Mercenary, The Fallen Angel, and Out of the Silent Planet.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #899 on: June 12, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »
Mr. El Barto, was DT audible. Most opening bands really aren't.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #900 on: June 12, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
Audible?  Are you serious?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #901 on: June 12, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »
Yeah, you got lucky Barto.  You must've been shocked when they busted out those two, considering the last time Maiden switched setlists mid-tour was at the start of the Dance of Death tour (which also doesn't really count, seeing as they added a song rather than switched it).  Before that, it was the BNW tour that they were messing around with The Mercenary, The Fallen Angel, and Out of the Silent Planet.
Lucky, yes.  I was disappointed when we got Wrathchild instead of Brighter, but absolutely thrilled when we got DoD.  I thought Paschendale was much better Wednesday night, but seeing both was the better outcome.

Mr. El Barto, was DT audible. Most opening bands really aren't.
DT sounded better here in Dallas.  The only problem in Houston was a noticeable lack of JMX, but then we've all come to expect that anyway. 

Consider that many times you're unfamiliar with the music of opening bands.  Most times, I think openers sound like shit but it's because I don't already know what the hell they're playing.  The fact that we're quite familiar with all of DT's material can overcome a lot of sound troubles.  JMX is low in the mix, but I know what he's playing and I have eyes, so it's not a problem to hear what he's playing; it just requires a bit more thought. 
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #902 on: June 15, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
Some nice clips here from the Dallas show:
https://www.bravewords.com/news/140886
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #903 on: June 15, 2010, 01:39:13 PM »
I made a playlist with the setlist minus the new track and I have a new appreciation for some post reunion stuff I never listen to. No More Lies still has the most annoying chorus ever, but the rest of the song is great. Iron Maiden suffers from two major flaws: repeated one line choruses and the Fear of the Dark format they use for so many of their songs nowadays.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #904 on: June 16, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: June 16, 2010, 01:21:40 PM »
I made a playlist with the setlist minus the new track and I have a new appreciation for some post reunion stuff I never listen to. No More Lies still has the most annoying chorus ever, but the rest of the song is great. Iron Maiden suffers from two major flaws: repeated one line choruses and the Fear of the Dark format they use for so many of their songs nowadays.

The one line choruses are hit or miss. You're right though, No More Lies' chorus is terrible.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #906 on: June 16, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »
Finally!!!
https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=308878
Which one is it?  There was a SNAFU when setting up my account so my password is v897435hifg98yyq35bugaet7 or something similarly unrememberable.  Consequently, I've never used their site beyond the one thing I joined to get.   
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #907 on: June 16, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »
Finally!!!
https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=308878
Which one is it?  There was a SNAFU when setting up my account so my password is v897435hifg98yyq35bugaet7 or something similarly unrememberable.  Consequently, I've never used their site beyond the one thing I joined to get.   

San Antonio. Apparently also includes Pull Me Under. It's over 7Gs. I don't have dual layer, and it doesn't seem to be 2 DVDs. I wonder if DVD Shrink will screw it up too much. I may need some technical assistance to get this on a disc at some point.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #908 on: June 16, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »
Looking forward to seeing something pro-shot from this tour...and seeing it myself. Wish I had time for audience boots, just don't these days.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #909 on: June 16, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
I finally have me one of those ring tone thingys on my new phone....the beginning to Where Eagles Dare! :metal :metal