Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436248 times)

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #770 on: June 07, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #771 on: June 07, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »
Holy fucking goddamn piece of hell! I think i just came!!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #772 on: June 07, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »
Track listing requires a second link: https://www.ironmaiden.com/thebigbang_2.html

Links for El Dorado download:

non-US: https://www.ironmaiden.com/download/index.html
US: https://www.ironmaiden.com/usdownload/index.html

I haven't gotten to either, yet.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #773 on: June 07, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »

1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40
2. El Dorado  6:49
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20
4. Coming Home 5:52
5. The Alchemist  4:29
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06
7. Starblind 7:48
8. The Talisman 9:03
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59

Go here to download El Dorado (US only, I think)

https://ironmaiden.com/usdownload/index.html
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #774 on: June 07, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
Comic book era Maiden makes a return

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #775 on: June 07, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »
Ok, my heart pretty much stopped. This is so exciting!! :metal

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #776 on: June 07, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
Has anyone heard it yet? I can't fucking download it! STUPID SERVERFUCK

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #777 on: June 07, 2010, 05:14:28 PM »
Someone want to paste the tracklisting for those of us who can't access the site?

1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40
2. El Dorado 6:49
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20
4. Coming Home 5:52
5. The Alchemist 4:29
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06
7. Starblind 7:48
8. The Talisman 9:03
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #778 on: June 07, 2010, 05:15:07 PM »
5. The Alchemist  4:29

How sweet would it be if this was the Chemical Wedding song.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #779 on: June 07, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
I would not be happy by a cover from Bruce's solo on a Maiden album.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #780 on: June 07, 2010, 05:17:18 PM »
I would not be happy by a cover from Bruce's solo on a Maiden album.

It'd still be interesting to hear.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #781 on: June 07, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »
:2metal: :2metal: :2metal: :2metal: :2metal: :2metal: :2metal:

The artwork is outstanding! :metal:
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #782 on: June 07, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
The Bruce song is over 6 minutes long though...

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #783 on: June 07, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
The release date for IRON MAIDEN’S new studio album THE FINAL FRONTIER is now confirmed for  Monday 16th August. The new album pictured here features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track 'EL DORADO' to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect. ...

Singer Bruce Dickinson explains ‘El Dorado is a preview of the forthcoming studio album. As we will be including it in the set of our Final Frontier World Tour (which opens in Dallas On 9th June - full dates below) we thought it would be great to thank all our fans and get them into The Final Frontier mood by giving them this song up front of the tour and album release’

The band reunited with long-time Maiden producer Kevin “Caveman” Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to LA to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the Piece Of Mind (’83), Powerslave (’84) and Somewhere In Time (’86) albums.

Bruce comments “The studio had the same vibe and  it was EXACTLY as it had been in 1983, NOTHING had changed! Even down to the broken shutter in the corner...same carpet....everything... It was really quite spooky.  But we felt very relaxed in such a familiar and well-trodden environment and I think this shows in the playing and the atmosphere of the album”

Thirty years on from their eponymous debut album in April 1980, The Final Frontier will be Maiden’s 15th studio album, making a remarkable average of a new album every two years for 30 years and totalling over 80 million album sales during this period.

The Final Frontier World Tour begins in Dallas on June 9th with 25 shows in major cities across the USA and Canada, playing to an expected 350,000 fans or more. Following this the tour will ship over to Europe starting in Dublin on July 30 and playing a few selected major festivals and stadiums , finishing in Valencia, Spain, on Aug 21 and including a concert in Transylvania.

Says bass player and founder member Steve Harris “We’re hugely excited about this tour. I think the fans will really like the brand new stage production and lights and we will also be debuting one of the new album tracks , El Dorado. Our Texan fans will be the very first people anywhere to hear it live, so it will be interesting to see their reaction and how it goes down with the crowd on the night! Eddie has changed a bit  for this tour but is possibly the most outrageous one to date... I can’t say too much about him as don’t want to spoil the surprise but I guarantee he will scare the hell out of you!”

Offline Fuzzboy

« Reply #784 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:10 PM »
It's really pissin me off that I can't hear the new song >:(
women cops are a joke

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #785 on: June 07, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »
If anyone has it...can tehy post it on an alternate site?

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #786 on: June 07, 2010, 05:31:07 PM »
I'm goin' out on a limb and saying that this is Maiden's best if not one of the best album covers they've ever had.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #787 on: June 07, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »
I'm goin' out on a limb and saying that this is Maiden's best if not one of the best album covers they've ever had.

I think its one of the worst.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #788 on: June 07, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »
Listening to El Dorado now. It's pretty fucking rockin' :2metal:

Artwork for the single is awesome too.
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline Fuzzboy

« Reply #789 on: June 07, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »
OH
MY
GOD

El Dorado is fucking AWESOME
women cops are a joke

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #790 on: June 07, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »
El Dorado is pretty good.  Anyone else think that the verses' music sounds like something DT would've written for BC&SL?

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #791 on: June 07, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »
Google has it all over now, folks.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #792 on: June 07, 2010, 05:59:02 PM »
I still can't figure out how to download it off Maiden's site but it's a damn good song!
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #793 on: June 07, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »
I'm torn on whether or not I want to wait to hear it till they play it live or not...
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #794 on: June 07, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
I downloaded it from someplace else, it's all over the internet now.

I dislike all Iron Maiden cover arts, but the new song is pretty cool.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #795 on: June 07, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
I'm torn on whether or not I want to wait to hear it till they play it live or not...
If you just listen to it there will be nothing to be torn over.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #796 on: June 07, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »
Youtube has it.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

First gallop-y riff sounds like the beginning of Barracuda by Heart lol

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #797 on: June 07, 2010, 06:27:06 PM »
"El Dorado" = :birch:. I think it's gonna be awesome live.

I'm definitely getting the special edition CD, but I might also get the picture disc vinyl, depending on how much it costs.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #798 on: June 07, 2010, 06:31:27 PM »
I'm definitely getting the special edition CD, but I might also get the picture disc vinyl, depending on how much it costs.

I'm thinking I'll do this too.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #799 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:09 PM »
Cool riff. Sounds very Maiden-ish, but still fresh and not something old and recycled. Not an extraordinary song, but an enjoyable listen. Will look forward to seeing it live.

The cover art is a cool idea, but how it was executed doesn't impress me too much.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline The Ugliest Unicorn

• More than a horse
« Reply #800 on: June 07, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #801 on: June 07, 2010, 08:15:49 PM »
That's a really cool single cov-wait.

The Ugliest Unicorn has returned?

Oh.

My.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #802 on: June 07, 2010, 08:54:52 PM »
First impression: incredible start, end, and middle instrumental.  Not sold so far on the rest, but should be good live.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #803 on: June 07, 2010, 09:11:06 PM »
First off, I'm kind of tired of Maiden's crappy-ass server.  Yeah well, thank goodness for Youtube.

Musically I think the songs badass.  Haven't heard that kind of gallop out of them in quite a while.  The vocals I'm not crazy about.  The chorus is fine, but the kind of spoken word verses remind me a lot of FotD and NPftD; both of which I hated. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #804 on: June 07, 2010, 09:12:33 PM »
It's running fine for me.

EDIT: Somehow stumbled upon this from MySpace:

10 Reasons Why Iron Maiden Is The Worst Band Of All-Time

1. The Eddie "concept" is incredibly gay.

Because what better way is there for a band to burnish their credentials as serious artists than to put an over-sized cartoon zombie on all of their album covers and then pay a man in a rubber zombie suit to prance all over the stage during their live shows? It sure has helped them to capture the prized "10-year olds with Down's Syndrome" demographic, though. Gimmick bands are by definition terrible, and Maiden's gimmick is perhaps the most threadbare of them all.

2. Their lyrics appeal only to 12 year old boys or Dungeons & Dragons-playing losers.

How many songs can one band write about elves and hobbits? Well, if the band in question is Iron Maiden, then the answer is apparently never too many. Still, whenever they run out of lyrical themes to steal directly from Tolkein, they can always rely on their own imaginations to create songs with interesting and thought-provoking themes like killing people and worshipping Satan.

3. They need three - that's right, THREE - guitarists.

Funny how Black Sabbath managed to get by perfectly OK with just one, isn't it? But I guess that's because Tony Iommi actually had talent. Not content with mangling their own tunes through their two original and profoundly untalented guitarists, they were later forced to draft in Janick Gers, whose sole qualifications for the position appeared to be his ability to throw his guitar into the air periodically and to horribly botch every solo that he has ever attempted.

4. The lead singer sounds like a castrated chipmunk.

Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but I'd always been under the impression that a metal vocalist was supposed to have a powerful voice. Indeed, the harsh and aggressive nature of the music tends to lend itself perfectly to the brutal vocal stylings of artists such as Slayer's Tom Araya or Killswitch's Howard Jones. Bruce Dickinson's vocals, on the other hand, are about as brutal as a Carebears Christmas Special. Put him in a dress and he could be Julie Andrews in The Sound Of Music. Perhaps when his balls finally decide to drop he might become a decent metal vocalist, but until that day arrives he will remain an embarrassment to the genre.

5. They only have one song.

Galloping riff. Second galloping riff. Bruce screeches for a bit. Twin guitar solo. Bruce screeches some more. Another galloping riff. Rinse and repeat.

6. The Blaze Bayley era.

When Bruce Dickinson mercifully decided that even he could stand the band no longer, there was a chance that Maiden might at last hire a real singer and work on actually becoming a decent band. Instead, they chose perhaps the only vocalist in the world who was less talented than Bruce. Blaze Bayley had a voice that only a mother could love. His range was one-sixteenth of an octave, and his vocals were so grating that even Fran Drescher couldn't bear to listen to them.

7. Nicko McBrain is a Christian.

It's one thing for a band to sing juvenile tripe about their dark lord Satan if they actually believe in all that nonsense, but the fact that Maiden's drummer just happens to be a Bible Bashing fundie makes the hypocrisy of the whole situation simply beyond belief (no pun intended!) Perhaps he could pray to Jesus to find himself a more talented band to play with.

8. The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner.

Only a band as uniquely awful as Iron Maiden could take one of the classics of 19th century literature and transform it into a yawn-inducing 15 minute composition of stagnant, mindless torpor. This song moves at the pace of an arthritic snail, and is about as interesting as attending a lecture on the rise of feminism in post-colonial societies. And if you want to know just how bad Maiden's songwriting can get, there is actually a period in the middle of this song which is essentially nothing but two minutes of silence... I guess we should be thankful for small mercies.

9. They should have retired 20 years ago.

As laughable as the material that supposedly comprises Maiden's "Golden Years" truly is, compared to their more recent vomitings-forth they were no doubt a veritable El Dorado. I'll say this for Maiden: it takes a lot of nerve to blatantly recycle riffs that were no good even the first time round. Still, at least their newest album "A Matter Of Life And Death" finally shows some form of progression from the band: their songs are now both twice as long AND twice as boring.

10. They're the biggest sellouts in music.

Surely nothing could be more hilarious than hearing deluded Maiden fans blabbering on about how their band have "stayed true" and "always been about the music", while at the same time handing over their latest unemployment cheque in order to buy Maiden's five zillionth "Best-Of" compilation CD. That's of course on top of all the Maiden lunchboxes, Maiden figurines, Maiden playing cards, and even Maiden wines (!) that they own. Gene Simmons has nothing on Iron Maiden, but then at least KISS fans have always realized that their band is a joke.
:rollin :rollin :rollin
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:20:00 PM by Birch Boy »