Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 435938 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
NORTH AMERICA BEWARE
https://ironmaiden.com/
:caffeine: :caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine:
Don't know what it's for, album, tour, but I LITERALLY almost fell off my chair after my heart skipped a beat, no joke.
:birch:

It has to be tour dates, otherwise they wouldn't have made it geographically specific. In any case, I am excited. :D
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2010, 02:28:40 PM »
Damn.  I'd really like a Colorado date sometime in the late summer. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
:birch: So excited, I must also mention, that is the coolest emote on here.
gone

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm hearing speculation on May/June NA tour dates from the IM fan club board.  That would make the most sense.  Can't wait to see them for the 5th time in the NYC/NJ area.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »
:birch: So excited, I must also mention, that is the coolest emote on here.
I would say thank you but it was bosk that bestowed it upon me  :)
*squeals like a little girl*
i just shat everywhere
I am excited. :D
I second all of theses thoughts/actions x10000
My heart literally skipped a beat when I read it on the website and I HAD to post it here

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
I've never seen them before, but I've vowed to see them at least once before they get too old.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #461 on: February 26, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
I guess I'll have to go see them.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »
I've never seen them before, but I've vowed to see them at least once before they get too old.
Which is never. Seriously.
I guess I'll have to go see them.
:lol He speaks the truth

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #463 on: February 26, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »
Holy fuck :metal

Too bad I'll be in a Hospital at that time :angry:

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: February 26, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
Damn, here's hoping for a NA date that's during a non-busy time for me!

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #465 on: February 26, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
Damn, here's hoping for a NA date that's during a non-busy time for me!
When IRON MAIDEN comes to town you MAKE time! That means missing a birth, wedding, funeral, even 1 Vs. 100 live primetime!

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #466 on: February 26, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »

hospital ruins so many good concerts. I missed DTs only NZ show because of hospital. Hope everything is okay with you though bro.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: February 26, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »

hospital ruins so many good concerts. I missed DTs only NZ show because of hospital. Hope everything is okay with you though bro.

I was referring to the announcement of whatever it is itself, but it's just a day of testing I have to go through; nothing serious

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #468 on: February 26, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
Well, best of luck anywhoo.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2010, 12:32:45 PM »
:caffeine:

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #471 on: February 27, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »
lol yeah, this is my second one since I've been a member here, thought the Meshuggah one was starting to get a bit stale :lol

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #472 on: February 27, 2010, 09:29:59 PM »
For me, profile pics is how I remember the user, and when somebody changes it it's a big deal for my memory  :D

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #473 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
Hey Nickeh if you still have my number, send me a text message with the news if it's relevant to me.  I'll be without a computer for the next few days...

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »
So my band (well, a band in which I'm filling in for the guitarist) is covering Invaders.  :biggrin: Should be fun.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #475 on: March 03, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »
So my band (well, a band in which I'm filling in for the guitarist) is covering Invaders.  :biggrin: Should be fun.
InvaAAAdeerrrrrrrs!

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #476 on: March 03, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »
Add the solo they forgot.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »
Invaders was one of the first songs I learned how to play on the guitar. Took a really long time for me to nail down, but I suppose that's what I get for trying to tackle Maiden right off the bat.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #478 on: March 03, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »
I learned Hallowed be thy Name as my first bass song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYPvVE6f4GU
gone

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #479 on: March 03, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
Hey Nickeh if you still have my number, send me a text message with the news if it's relevant to me.  I'll be without a computer for the next few days...

I can't send texts, so you're out of luck on this one.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #480 on: March 04, 2010, 04:24:32 AM »
Invaders was one of the first songs that got me into Maiden.  Could this song be the beginning of battle/viking metal??
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #481 on: March 04, 2010, 09:21:36 AM »
Invaders was one of the first songs that got me into Maiden.  Could this song be the beginning of battle/viking metal??

That's a pretty good bet.  And the precursor to Invaders, even though it's technically not metal, is Immigrant Song by Zeppelin. 
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #482 on: March 04, 2010, 12:38:52 PM »
Maiden's site is closed for updating  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #483 on: March 04, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »
:dangerwillrobinson:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
They're late, God dammit.

Edit:  Everybody refreshing the page is screwing their server up.  :rollin
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2010, 01:04:08 PM »
HOLY FUCK A TOUR WITH DREAM THEATER

EDIT: SON OF A BITCH THE FARTHEST SOUTH THEY'RE GOING IS DC

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #486 on: March 04, 2010, 01:10:47 PM »
FINAL FRONTIER TOUR WITH DREAM THEATER!!!!!!! I'M smileING!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #487 on: March 04, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »
I hope to hell that they'll come back for a proper UK tour - the line up and price of Sonisphere isn't something I particularly like... :(

BUT OMFG NEW MAIDEN ALBUM!!!!! :letam: :2metal: :metal:
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT NOW! THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME SUMMER!
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #488 on: March 04, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #489 on: March 04, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »
:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
THAT IS NOT NEARLY ENOUGH EMOTES TO DESCRIBE HOW METAL THIS IS  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal This plus yours is more like it  :tup