Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436195 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #4340 on: May 07, 2014, 04:23:45 AM »
Bruce is possibly the greatest man alive.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #4341 on: May 07, 2014, 07:06:33 AM »

He´s the quintessential renaissance man!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4342 on: May 07, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
He really is looking to navigate the seas of the sun

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #4343 on: May 07, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »
Bruce Dickinson status: still the man.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4344 on: May 07, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »
Personally I'd like to see a new Iron Maiden album.

Not sure what happened to Bruce: The Singer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4345 on: May 07, 2014, 09:18:51 AM »
Any news of a new album?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4346 on: May 07, 2014, 09:27:19 AM »

I think we can all agree on this, id also love another Bruce solo album if the rest of IM isnt up to doing another album yet.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4347 on: May 07, 2014, 09:28:33 AM »
That'd be fine by me as well.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #4348 on: May 07, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
So when is this internet stream of him flying over stuff happening?

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #4349 on: May 07, 2014, 12:45:11 PM »

I'd agree to that! :metal

As for when a new solo album is happening, apparently Bruce already recorded one last year with Roy Z. According to Roy, Iron Maiden's management or the like is holding the album back, because it's "too good" or something like that.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #4350 on: May 07, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »
How is that possible? Sounds fishy.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4351 on: May 07, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »
Suggesting that Arry's was so bad that it just didn't matter.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4352 on: May 07, 2014, 02:29:48 PM »

As for when a new solo album is happening, apparently Bruce already recorded one last year with Roy Z. According to Roy, Iron Maiden's management or the like is holding the album back, because it's "too good" or something like that.

Ummm...source??

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #4353 on: May 07, 2014, 02:53:06 PM »

Ummm...source??

Scroll down the page a bit, but I heard about it at the link below. Apparently Roy Z was hinting at it on Facebook awhile back. 

https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/bruce-dickinson.11858/page-22

Could be bullshit, who knows? But that's what I heard awhile back.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4354 on: May 07, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »
It sure seems that that is what he is getting at.  It's weird that he would post stuff like that on FB, but I guess no one knows what's really going on.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #4355 on: May 07, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »
It sure seems that that is what he is getting at.  It's weird that he would post stuff like that on FB, but I guess no one knows what's really going on.

Yeah, I thought it was weird too.

On the one hand, if Steve and/or the management were preventing Bruce from releasing a solo album while waiting to make the last Iron Maiden album, I think that would be a bad sign for the last Maiden album and tour. On the other, if Bruce is choosing to hold it back himself (perhaps waiting to put it out after Maiden is finished, so he can properly tour the album), I have no idea why Roy is really angry.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4356 on: May 07, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
Wow that is some news to me.  And if its "too good" then I am really excited for it and sad that its not getting released yet.  I would also hope that Arry's poor solo attempt vs. Bruce's amazing solo career dont cause a rift in the band.  They made it this far, id hope something like this wouldnt prevent IM from moving on in the future.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4357 on: May 07, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
I'm pretty much at the point where I'm not expecting another Maiden album. I know they will pout one out at some point, but the time between albums is really beyond a fan's expected wait time. They fucking milked this Maiden England thing for so long.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4358 on: May 07, 2014, 08:37:38 PM »
I'm pretty much at the point where I'm not expecting another Maiden album. I know they will pout one out at some point, but the time between albums is really beyond a fan's expected wait time. They fucking milked this Maiden England thing for so long.

Im kind of on your boat.  I do expect another album because the band said they had another one in them, but I am not sitting here anxiously awaiting one because Id just end up disappointed since I don't think its coming out anytime soon.  They definitely milked Maiden England for way too long and that's sad.  They are still my favorite band (just a slight edge over DT) so I still love them and I understand they are getting older and have interests outside of IM which I can respect.  I just hope I can see them live again and more than one more time.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4359 on: May 08, 2014, 01:48:05 AM »

I think we can all agree on this, id also love another Bruce solo album if the rest of IM isnt up to doing another album yet.
I'd be more interested in a new solo album actually, I love Bruce's stuff.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4360 on: May 08, 2014, 04:51:05 AM »

I'd be more interested in a new solo album actually, I love Bruce's stuff.
Would love a new Bruce album and tour. Bruce have in my opinion done some of his best vocal works outside of Maiden.
This whole "too good" from the managment, I don't believe that for a sec though. You don't manage a band in the caliber like Maiden and say their future album won't be strong enough and worry it won't hold up to some other album. You just don't say such a thing to Steve Harris.  :lol It's not like Bruce album would outsell Maiden anyway, I have a hard time believing that. I love his solo work don't get me wrong. The name Iron Maiden is just a bigger trademark then Bruce Dickinson alone could ever be or any other IM member for that matter.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:03:02 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4361 on: May 08, 2014, 04:59:37 AM »
MrBoom makes a good point there.

Yeah, I thought it was weird too.

On the one hand, if Steve and/or the management were preventing Bruce from releasing a solo album while waiting to make the last Iron Maiden album, I think that would be a bad sign for the last Maiden album and tour. On the other, if Bruce is choosing to hold it back himself (perhaps waiting to put it out after Maiden is finished, so he can properly tour the album), I have no idea why Roy is really angry.

Going back to this, if it was Bruce's decision, I doubt Roy would post stuff like this.

Anyway, I had no idea Bruce was doing another album, so if there is something there waiting to go, that makes it even more frustrating for us fans.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4362 on: May 08, 2014, 11:35:39 AM »
Yea I agree that it doesn't seem right that IM would hold Bruce back, but maybe it's the record company and it's more complicated than "it's too good" If there really is a Bruce album waiting in the shadows I'll be really pissed that something is holding it back.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4363 on: May 16, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
So I go on these Maiden spurts on and off and right now in the middle of one and listened to the 2nd Bruce era albums in reverse chronological order and have to say it was such a joy to listen to them. For some weird reason I thought I didn't care for Frontier and AMOLAD in total. I mean I liked a few songs but listening to them again after a while I was wrong I loved them both warts and all.

Now I'm digging up my DVDs and watching the concerts, even with the million versions of the staple hit songs I think I still cant stop watching and listening to them over and over again. Might have to upgrade my en vivo and flight 666 DVDs to blurays soon.

And that also reminds me I need to pick up the Maiden England DVD set.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4364 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:04 PM »
I'd much rather a new Maiden album over a Bruce solo album. Maiden has been doing some really interesting stuff on their last few albums. BNW and DoD sounded polished and crisp, which i love. But the last two have more of that 'classic' Maiden sound and feeling to them, except still part of this new rejuvenated Maiden they've been since the reunion, with the longer, progressive songs. I would much much rather to see Maiden do more new material.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4365 on: June 03, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
https://ironmaiden.com/aces-high.html

That sounds really cool for anyone who is going to that Sonisphere.

Im also very dissapointed (although not surprised) about the few changes to the Maiden England setlist.  No excuse for the band not to pull a few different songs out considering this tour has been like 3 years long.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4366 on: June 03, 2014, 12:38:39 PM »
https://www.greatwardisplayteam.com/the-team-pilots.html

I started actually flying at the ripe old age of 30. 7000 hours later I finished up as a Boeing 757 Captain and 737  instructor. Luckily the aircraft design I fly is still older than me, but the gap is closing. In my spare time I sing a bit, own a company that fixes airliners and am trying to bring airships back into our skies. Actually, I should have been born in1898, not 1958. C'est la vie.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4367 on: June 03, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »
I guess the singing a bit is true nowadays it seems.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4368 on: June 03, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »
Man, this tour needs to stop, enough already.  A new album probably won't come until 2016, maybe 2017.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4369 on: June 03, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »
Man, this tour needs to stop, enough already.  A new album probably won't come until 2016, maybe 2017.

As much as I love Iron Maiden, they can certainly do some frustrating things. The fact that they are still doing the Maiden England set is embarrassing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4370 on: June 03, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »

As much as I love Iron Maiden, they can certainly do some frustrating things. The fact that they are still doing the Maiden England set is embarrassing.

The song replacements this time around make the embarrassment worse.  They had like a year off and the replacements are to add songs like Wrathchild and Revelations and Sanctuary into the set.  I mean seriously.  The fan base deserves better.  If you are going to tour the same tour over and over again and then say when they come back for the last leg of the tour with some setlist shake up, I would expect Infinite Dreams at least.  They had plenty of time to rehearse.  If they played Infinite Dreams and that was the only changed song I think Id be happy.  Doing the same songs is really disrespectful for the fans.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4371 on: June 03, 2014, 05:38:07 PM »
Right. Adding Wrathchild and Sanctuary IS A JOKE!

Infinite Dreams would be great. A three part harmony coming out of the music break would be awesome.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4372 on: June 03, 2014, 06:22:59 PM »
Not including Still Life is crazy too IMO.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #4373 on: June 03, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »
Not including Still Life is crazy too IMO.

Oh god, I'd kill to see Still Life and Infinite Dreams played live. :hefdaddy
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4374 on: June 03, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »
Out of the original Maiden England set, they are probably the two I'd like to see the most, along with 7th Son.