Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436249 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #4305 on: January 31, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
I googled The Monkey, The Prophet, And The Idol too.  :rollin

Then my work is done.  :loneranger:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #4306 on: January 31, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »
 :rollin
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4307 on: January 31, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »
I google fit as well lol

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4308 on: February 01, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »
Dude I can't tell who plays what with the new Maiden stuff. How do they decide who plays what? I'm surprised they don't experiment more into other styles of music and metal considering how many talented musicians are in the band.

I'v always been curious what it would be like if Steve Harris picked up a regular guitar. I'm sure he plays, he writes so many of their songs.

Offline Cerebral_Eulogy

« Reply #4309 on: April 02, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »
Hopefully there is a new album later this year!  I would love to see some Maiden dates here in the States, but I don't think it's going to happen until next summer.
I'm Commander Sheppard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4310 on: April 02, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
Hopefully there is a new album later this year!

I was actually just thinking about Maiden this morning and when we might see another albums.  Weird.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #4311 on: April 02, 2014, 11:06:45 PM »
I was always under the assumption (possibly because of the title of the last album) that it was going to be their final studio effort. I would be thrilled to be wrong about that. Has anyone heard any news about them working on new material?
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #4312 on: April 03, 2014, 12:27:49 AM »
Well, I've seen news links around saying the usual, "We've been writing stuff, here and there, and when we are good and ready, we'll make and release this album."  Hopefully, they can release it this year, but I highly doubt that.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4313 on: April 03, 2014, 04:54:46 AM »
Yeah, the final album thing was tossed around a bit, but I think it was mainly Steve thinking aloud really.  They since have been doing things here and there to indicate another studio album.

I think we'll get one more Maiden studio album and that's it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4314 on: April 03, 2014, 08:00:57 AM »
Yea I think a year or so ago they stated they they thought another album was likely, but theres no timetable for it.  Unless we get some news in the next month or so, I doubt to see any release this year.  If they are serious about another album, next year would seem likely followed by a world tour, maybe hitting the states in the spring before doing the normal summer festivals in Europe.  Just my guess. The guys are getting up there in age and are just taking it easy obviously since they are practically not doing IM for this year besides some summer shows.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #4315 on: April 03, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
I remember that way back (late 80's or early 90's, though I could be wrong), one of the guys said that they'd probably go up to 15 albums, and now that #15 dropped with TFF, maybe some fans took those words to heart.

I like the idea of When the Wild Wind Blows being their swan song; it's one of my favorites from the album. That in no way means I don't wanna hear some more from these guys. I mean, this if fuckin' Maiden. They probably contributed the most to my sense of music as it stands today. As far as I see, I think another album is likely, and anything beyond that is up for debate. If they had intended for TFF to be their final album, I think we would have heard them make a pretty clear note about it, and it would have been a pretty big deal.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4316 on: April 03, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »
I remember that way back (late 80's or early 90's, though I could be wrong), one of the guys said that they'd probably go up to 15 albums, and now that #15 dropped with TFF, maybe some fans took those words to heart.

I like the idea of When the Wild Wind Blows being their swan song; it's one of my favorites from the album. That in no way means I don't wanna hear some more from these guys. I mean, this if fuckin' Maiden. They probably contributed the most to my sense of music as it stands today. As far as I see, I think another album is likely, and anything beyond that is up for debate. If they had intended for TFF to be their final album, I think we would have heard them make a pretty clear note about it, and it would have been a pretty big deal.

The 15 album mark was said even in the 2000s I believe by Steve. I dont think 15 was an end all, but a goal.  But the lyrics in the song TFF make you think it could be the last album.  I think they made it thinking that it was possibly the last one, but since the fan base is so huge and insane for IM and as long as they feel up to it and have the musical ideas flowing, then they would do another album which seems likely.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4317 on: April 03, 2014, 01:03:38 PM »
But the lyrics in the song TFF make you think it could be the last album. 

I highly doubt that that is what the lyrics are meant to convey.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #4318 on: April 03, 2014, 01:14:28 PM »

It is not.  That is 100% made up.

The band has acknowledged in interviews that they have no intention of stopping now anyway.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4319 on: April 03, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »

Probably true, but doesnt mean they dont give you that feeling.  If it wasnt thier 15th album, I dont think youd get that feeling from the lyrics.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4320 on: April 03, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we saw a $ummer tour this year. Run around and do some greatest hits stuff and a couple of the festivals. Part of a package deal. They seem to have gotten away from that what with all of the historical tours and such, but they seem to like to play and keep themselves relevant. Not sure what middle tier bands there are ready to tour right now, since Queensryche or whatever project Dio was doing were favorites for IM package tours, but I'm sure there's some band out there that'd draw a few people in.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4321 on: April 03, 2014, 04:23:28 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we saw a $ummer tour this year. Run around and do some greatest hits stuff and a couple of the festivals. Part of a package deal. They seem to have gotten away from that what with all of the historical tours and such, but they seem to like to play and keep themselves relevant. Not sure what middle tier bands there are ready to tour right now, since Queensryche or whatever project Dio was doing were favorites for IM package tours, but I'm sure there's some band out there that'd draw a few people in.

They are touring Europe again for round 3 of Maiden England this summer.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #4322 on: April 03, 2014, 06:46:52 PM »
The guys in Maiden are some of the healthiest 50+ year olds out there. I don't think age is a factor in them calling it quits.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4323 on: April 03, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »
The guys in Maiden are some of the healthiest 50+ year olds out there. I don't think age is a factor in them calling it quits.

I was thinking this too.  Especially when you look at bands like The Rolling Stones, Maiden can't pull the age card.  Bruce could go on performing forever, he is by far the fittest.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4324 on: April 03, 2014, 07:29:17 PM »
bah  -  Keef wins.  :metal   I'd like to see Bruce Dickinson fall out of a coconut tree without the fag even dropping from his lips

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #4325 on: April 03, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »
Not only would he fall out of the tree without dropping his candy cigarette, he would be swinging around the tree on the way down while singing and not missing a note.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4326 on: April 03, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
Richards is a miracle man, he defies everything that we believe humans shouldn't do or be able to live through.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #4327 on: April 03, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
I was referring to Dickinson, not the zombie.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #4328 on: April 03, 2014, 07:55:03 PM »

I'd say that's the case for everyone... except for Nicko. He seems to be in decent shape, but he's got the most physically demanding job in the whole band and he's also the oldest member of the band in age. So while I could totally see the rest of the band going at it for quite awhile longer if age wasn't a factor, I could see them calling it quits once it's too much for Nicko. I don't think they'd want to continue as Iron Maiden without him at this point.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4329 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »
bah  -  Keef wins.  :metal   I'd like to see Bruce Dickinson fall out of a coconut tree without the fag even dropping from his lips

Nah, Lemmy wins hands down. He's roughly the same age (2 years younger), still lives like a wild man and still looks bad ass. Keith looks like he died 20 years ago, which is probably about the time he toned down his act.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #4330 on: April 03, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »
Biologically, I think Ozzy is a nice contender. Yeah, he doesn't like the crazy life like he used to, and he's not necessarily "healthy" per se, but the guy is genetically immune to drugs. I can't help but think of how amazing it is that if it were anyone else, he would have died a long time ago. Unfair advantage, I know. :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4331 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
I don't think Ozzy's immune to drugs, though. For one thing he was pretty honest about being completely smashed all the time. From what I can tell Lemmy and Keith were both pretty functional. He also admits it's why he's now a vegetable. Also, he sought treatment numerous times, which the other two guys were never interested in. Lastly, Ozzy was mostly a drunk. I'm sure he's done plenty of every drug under the sun, but his primary vice was ethanol. Lemmy has always been a speed-freak, and Keith was (I believe) a junkie. If Ozzy had a fondness for opiates he wouldn't be alive now.
E.F. Benson

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #4332 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Well I don't mean total immunity to drugs, but he has a pretty high resistance from the stories that I've heard, such as him being difficult to put out with anesthetics for surgeries. He did get pretty smashed, no doubt there, but all things considered, if his body didn't work the way it did, he'd be in much worse condition, if he were around at all.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4333 on: April 04, 2014, 02:15:25 AM »
I'd say that's the case for everyone... except for Nicko. He seems to be in decent shape, but he's got the most physically demanding job in the whole band and he's also the oldest member of the band in age. So while I could totally see the rest of the band going at it for quite awhile longer if age wasn't a factor, I could see them calling it quits once it's too much for Nicko. I don't think they'd want to continue as Iron Maiden without him at this point.
All of this.

I'd still love them to do an album, tour and a farewell tour, though, which seems realistic.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4334 on: April 04, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »
All of this.

I'd still love them to do an album, tour and a farewell tour, though, which seems realistic.

Yea Nicko can be the guy that holds the band back from another 10 years.  Sad but its the reality.  And while the guys are in great shape, Bruce's vocals have been deteriorating and eventually the guys wont be able to run around on stage like they do now and that could be a reason for them to stop even if they are in great shape.  Time will tell.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4335 on: April 04, 2014, 11:40:31 AM »
It was only on this last tour that I noticed any drop off in Bruce's singing, but it was definitely there and noticeable. The dude's really done a tremendous job of taking care of himself if it took this long for their to be any real depreciation.

That really applies to all of them, though. My guess is that it won't be age that takes them out, but different interests. Bruce and Nicko both have various outside hobbies. Ari seems to enjoy doing non-Maiden music. Janick seems to be the one guy who wouldn't mind just retiring and enjoying down time. Wouldn't surprise me if they just decided that they wouldn't mind spending a chunk of their lives not being in Maiden which has now been for the majority of their years.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4336 on: April 04, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »
It was only on this last tour that I noticed any drop off in Bruce's singing, but it was definitely there and noticeable. The dude's really done a tremendous job of taking care of himself if it took this long for their to be any real depreciation.

That really applies to all of them, though. My guess is that it won't be age that takes them out, but different interests. Bruce and Nicko both have various outside hobbies. Ari seems to enjoy doing non-Maiden music. Janick seems to be the one guy who wouldn't mind just retiring and enjoying down time. Wouldn't surprise me if they just decided that they wouldn't mind spending a chunk of their lives not being in Maiden which has now been for the majority of their years.

This year kind of shows that they may already be at that point, spend most of the time doing their own thing and then do IM for the summer. And the summer tour is one thats been done for 2 years now so its not like that requires much additional work besides doing the actual tour.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4337 on: April 06, 2014, 11:43:33 AM »
I just can't believe the Maiden England tour has lasted so freaking long.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4338 on: April 06, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
Yeah I know, it'll be like 3 years!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4339 on: May 07, 2014, 02:48:25 AM »
So I was thinking, hmm haven't heard any Bruce news lately. He's always up to something between tours. Ohhh I see....

All of which will be welcome news to one of the project's high-profile investors, Bruce Dickinson. He is one of those people who can't stop achieving stuff.

As if being the lead singer of one of the world's most successful and enduring rock bands, Iron Maiden, was not enough, he is also an airline pilot, businessman, and is investing in this project.

The airship has always been with us, it's just been waiting for the technology to catch up” "It's a game changer, in terms of things we can have in the air and things we can do," he says.

He wants to sell them and he'll be very good at it. As we chat in the hangar, he goes through its credentials. It is 70% greener than a cargo plane, he says. It doesn't need a runway, just two crew. And it can plonk 50 tonnes anywhere in the world you like, which is 50 times more than a helicopter.

He wants to drum up publicity with the kind of trip Richard Branson would dream up. A non-stop flight around the world - twice. "It seizes my imagination. I want to get in this thing and fly it pole to pole," he says.

"We'll fly over the Amazon at 20ft, over some of the world's greatest cities and stream the whole thing on the internet."

www.airlander.co.uk
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-26337673

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls