Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436095 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #4060 on: December 11, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »
It sure is a great album. This Maiden England tour has gone on a bit long.

I can think of $everal rea$on$ why, you know what I'm $aying?  ;)

I think it's a bit of a shame that they got to tour like that with the setlist they are playing.  Phenomenal tracks, for sure, and they are playing them with tremendous quality, but the albums that they've made ever since Bruce and Adrian came back were acclaimed to be top-notch stuff, especially Brave New World, so Maiden still has a lot to offer in terms of new quality stuff.  Too bad, the general audience does not see it like that, at times.

To be fair, when Maiden tours for their new albums, they have the tendency to go overboard with supporting their newer stuff.  They played the entire damn album on the ADTOE tour, and the North American leg of the Final Frontier Tour was almost entirely post-reunion stuff (in spite of the fact that the album hadn't even been released yet at the time they were touring).  It seems like the new Maiden model is

1. Record
2. Tour for a year or two supporting new record; focus on newer stuff
3. Do a history tour for as long as the public will allow

You can see why they'd stick with this formula:  Maiden fans are obviously eating these history tours up.  (My dad and I saw two shows on the Maiden England tour.  No regrets; they were some of the best shows I've ever been to.)  Having said that,  I wonder if they're going to keep up the pattern (assuming, of course that the band stays active, which might not be the case given their age).  I'm not sure Maiden fans are aching for a history tour based on the Fear of the Dark tour.  Where do you go from here?
Well, they didn't even tour AMoLaD here in the states, but I'd have loved to see the entire album. That's a whole lot of good music I'm not likely to hear other than the oddball tours. For that reason I thought the "all post-reunion" tour was spectacular; one of my favorites of many, many Maiden shows.

You also have to consider that they're touring for two very different markets. Most of the world gets off pretty hard on the new stuff and wants to hear it live. At the same time, Americans want to hear Trooper and Number for the ten thousandth time. They play Talisman down here in Dallas and that's when everybody will sit down or go to get a hot, overpriced beer.

As for the historical tours, my only complaint is that they're not. They still play some of the same stuff they always do. They just dust off a few oddballs, which is what every band does.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #4061 on: December 11, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
Whoops, wrote "ADTOE" when I meant AMOLAD, heh.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #4062 on: December 11, 2013, 04:05:08 PM »
Well, they didn't even tour AMoLaD here in the states, but I'd have loved to see the entire album. That's a whole lot of good music I'm not likely to hear other than the oddball tours. For that reason I thought the "all post-reunion" tour was spectacular; one of my favorites of many, many Maiden shows.

You also have to consider that they're touring for two very different markets. Most of the world gets off pretty hard on the new stuff and wants to hear it live. At the same time, Americans want to hear Trooper and Number for the ten thousandth time. They play Talisman down here in Dallas and that's when everybody will sit down or go to get a hot, overpriced beer.

As for the historical tours, my only complaint is that they're not. They still play some of the same stuff they always do. They just dust off a few oddballs, which is what every band does.

What do you mean about them not touring AMOLAD in the states?  They definitely did.  I saw the Chicago show.

Totally agree about the setlist choices.  The Maiden England tour's setlist differs from Somewhere Back in Time's by only a few songs.  All the songs that were actually on the Maiden England album that are in any way interesting weren't played (Infinite Dreams, Die With your Boots On, et al).  Same thing with Rush's Time Machine tour:  they played all of Moving Pictures, but the majority of the songs on Moving Pictures are played on every Rush tour since the 80's anyway.  There are the tours which focus primarily on post-reunion stuff, which are nice, but I'd like it if Maiden played deep cuts.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4063 on: December 11, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
Maiden fans are obviously eating these history tours up.  (My dad and I saw two shows on the Maiden England tour.  No regrets; they were some of the best shows I've ever been to.)  Having said that,  I wonder if they're going to keep up the pattern (assuming, of course that the band stays active, which might not be the case given their age).  I'm not sure Maiden fans are aching for a history tour based on the Fear of the Dark tour.  Where do you go from here?

Go back and start from the beginning again.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4064 on: December 11, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »
I saw the AMoLaD tour in NJ so they definitely hit up the states for that tour, but I think it was relatively unsuccessful as the NY show was half empty after the NJ show in which I saw many people upset they didn't play any classics. That was pretty dissapointing to see. They also played tons of reunion songs during the FF tour in the US which seamed to go overmuch better.

As for where they go, they could do aanother history tour that includes sign of the cross, the clansman, and other reunionsongs that were played dduring g the album tours. That would be sick and even more blaze songs would be awesome but I think that's unrealistic.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4065 on: December 11, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »
What do you mean about them not touring AMOLAD in the states?  They definitely did.  I saw the Chicago show.
Eight shows total, and 5 of them were in the Boston/New York/Penn area. Hardly a US tour by most standards, and not one by Maiden's.

We also didn't get a Final Frontier tour, but the post-reunion show referred to earlier. This was actually a big improvement, though.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4066 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:34 PM »
It seems like the new Maiden model is

1. Record
2. Tour for a year or two supporting new record; focus on newer stuff
3. Do a history tour for as long as the public will allow
Which is perfect, as far as I'm concerned. They're doing the new stuff and touring with it heavily, which is something I love to see, being that the highlights on The Final Frontier tour were easily the new songs. But I still appreciate the history tours, since they give the younger fans the opportunity to see something that was so huge and important back in the day. The younger fans constantly wish that they were born 20 years earlier and were able to see a show like World slavery tour or whatever. And they fulfill that dream for us.

And also, this way nobody can complain about the band doing too much of the new stuff or too much of the old stuff.

Someone call the Gendarmes!
:clap:

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4067 on: December 12, 2013, 12:00:37 AM »
I don't know about nobody complaining about the band doing too much new stuff.  I think I've heard a few amount of complaints (Then again, those are the people that probably missed the Somewhere Back in Time Tour and does not really care much about Iron Maiden testing themselves forward, so whatevs.) during the Final Frontier tour, although the comments in this article were pretty pro for Iron Maiden going in the direction that they did.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/why_maiden_arent_playing_what_you_want.html ,

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4068 on: December 12, 2013, 04:32:45 AM »
Eight shows total, and 5 of them were in the Boston/New York/Penn area. Hardly a US tour by most standards, and not one by Maiden's.

We also didn't get a Final Frontier tour, but the post-reunion show referred to earlier. This was actually a big improvement, though.

I guess my memory of that tour was off since I knew I saw them and just figured they did a full US tour. Sucks you guys missed out, but I think IM knows the US in general favors the history tours and not the new tours. Wasn't the DoD tour very short too in the US? This would all make sense as to why they did the version of the FF tour which was more of a best of reunion songs (not really but their version of it).

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4069 on: December 15, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »

I guess my memory of that tour was off since I knew I saw them and just figured they did a full US tour. Sucks you guys missed out, but I think IM knows the US in general favors the history tours and not the new tours. Wasn't the DoD tour very short too in the US? This would all make sense as to why they did the version of the FF tour which was more of a best of reunion songs (not really but their version of it).

I wouldn't call playing one song off the album a tour for the album... even though it was technically called the FF tour : /
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4070 on: December 15, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »

They've been pretty upfront about their opinion of American fans. They actually got blasted somewhat for calling Americans out, although as I recall a big part of their complaint was directed at the corporate mentality that goes on here with lots of the closest seats going to VIP cocksuckers. Still, at most American Maiden shows you're going to have a 50/50 mix of diehard fans who want to hear DoD and casual fans who heard about the show while driving home from work and ran out there to see them play Number and Trooper.

As for DoD, I don't think we got a tour at all. Their MO for a while has been to play a greatest hits show with an upcoming single thrown in. I know down here we got three greatest hits shows with Wildest Dreams, Different World and El Dorado thrown in respectively; all before their actual releases. Fortunately one of those shows was the "all post reunion" shows which was awesome, but people complained about that, too.
E.F. Benson

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4071 on: December 17, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »
Kids these days, they sit in front of one of the most influental rock drummers and all they do is look at the damn mobile screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whIWatPSxZE

Nicko is the man!  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #4072 on: December 18, 2013, 03:43:29 AM »
Seems like Maiden are trying to please everyone and ending up pleasing no one. The first leg of the FF tour hit the US prior to the release of the album, and was therefore a post-reunion best of show. The second leg onwards featured the En Vivo! setlist. While it was a great show, I'd have loved to see stuff like Benjamin Breeg stay in the setlist for the entire tour. I think Maiden get it about right, alternating a new album tour with a nostalgia tour. Will be interesting to see how the 2014 Maiden England setlist changes.

And yeah, idiots with phones at gigs. Enough already - it's enough to make me stop going to see bands live, and it's why I hate people.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4073 on: December 24, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »
https://www.citeworld.com/consumerization/22803/iron-maiden-musicmetric

Rather than send in the lawyers, Maiden sent itself in. The band has focused extensively on South American tours in recent years, one of which was filmed for the documentary "Flight 666." After all, fans can't download a concert or t-shirts. The result was massive sellouts. The Săo Paolo show alone grossed Ł1.58 million (US$2.58 million) alone.
That's some clever marketing by the IM camp and infact I'm not very surprised at all.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4074 on: December 26, 2013, 06:47:09 AM »
https://www.citeworld.com/consumerization/22803/iron-maiden-musicmetric

Rather than send in the lawyers, Maiden sent itself in. The band has focused extensively on South American tours in recent years, one of which was filmed for the documentary "Flight 666." After all, fans can't download a concert or t-shirts. The result was massive sellouts. The Săo Paolo show alone grossed Ł1.58 million (US$2.58 million) alone.
That's some clever marketing by the IM camp and infact I'm not very surprised at all.

Ninja'd!

I was just about to post this.
https://torrentfreak.com/iron-maiden-tracks-down-pirates-and-gives-them-concerts-131224/

:facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4075 on: December 26, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
That's pretty cool and really makes me dislike Lars and his view on pirating.  It really makes sense though, kind of how HBO's Game of Thrones gets pirated so much, but they don't mind because it leads to a lot of Blu-Ray/DVD sales and interest in the show.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4076 on: December 26, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
That's pretty cool and really makes me dislike Lars and his view on pirating.  It really makes sense though, kind of how HBO's Game of Thrones gets pirated so much, but they don't mind because it leads to a lot of Blu-Ray/DVD sales and interest in the show.
Lars was certainly shortsighted, and he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that was before people really started to see how to work these sorts of things. I don't think it was an asshole thing to do in as much as a foolish attempt to deal with a developing situation.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4077 on: December 26, 2013, 06:53:09 PM »
Lars was certainly shortsighted, and he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that was before people really started to see how to work these sorts of things. I don't think it was an asshole thing to do in as much as a foolish attempt to deal with a developing situation.

Sure in hindsight it was dumb, but considering how much money Metallica was making bad at that time, they really had very little right to complain compared to the rest of the bands who didn't make a big deal about Napster.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4078 on: December 26, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
Principle matters. Personally, I prefer Maiden's principled approach, but 15 years ago Lars probably (and quite stupidly) figured that was the best way to exercise theirs. Furthermore, he might well have believed himself to be sticking up for the bands that didn't have their resources. After all, how many bands could afford to alienate a big chunk of their fan base. Hell, they were already using that ability with their "artistic freedom" which alienated plenty of their fans. If they could strike an honest blow, I can see how they felt justified. Also worth noting is that by looking like such a ginormous douche he might well have prevented others from attempting to do what they did. Like I said, it was a new paradigm back then and Metallica's was one of the (thankfully) failed experiments.
E.F. Benson

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4079 on: December 29, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
Would anyon agree with the opinion that With Brave New World, and ever since, Maiden's music has been a lot heavier? They have a newer, more evolved sound now. It started with Virtual X1, not as big a part. Probably due to the style of music they did with Blaze. But part of it may have been production. Sounded fuller. (btw I love Virtual x1. So many great songs. Educated Fool? Lightning strikes twice? Angel and Gambler? Got me into Maiden! Tell me what you don't like about it!)

But yea with BNW and ever since, their music has sounded heavier. I mean, 3 guitarist; it's no surprise that'll make it heavier. Since BNW they have sounded more 'metal', whereas earlier stuff sounded more 'rock' (maiden rock, of course ;)

So of course with 3 awesome guitarists, things will be heavier. But it's more then just that. The production sounds are crisper and crunchier. They're produced more like metal albums now, as opposed to rock albums. I notice the same thing happened with DTs music; with Scenes from a Memory till now till now, they're albums sound heavier and crunchier and more full. Before that, with Awake etc.....well, you see what I'm saying. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4080 on: December 29, 2013, 02:32:30 PM »
There's really only one reason to hate VXI.     GOD AWFUL REPETITION!!! 

Especially during Angel and the Gambler, it's hard to believe SOMEONE didn't turn to Steve and say, "Say Arry, don't you think I could WRING YOUR FREAKIN NECK IF YOU MAKE BLAZE SING THAT LINE ONE MORE FREAKIN TIME????!!!!"

IMO, Iron Maiden's choruses started to get lazy with Somewhere In Time.   That was really the first album where you had multiple songs that only sang a single phrase 3 to 4 times (sometimes more) as the chorus.   But over time, it just got worse and worse....and it really came to a head on VXI.   I honestly cannot listen to that album just because over half that album sounds like a record skipping. 

What's amazing to me (we're blood brothers) is that (we're blood brothers) it didn't (we're blood brothers) get much better (we're blood brothers) after Bruce (we're blood brothers) came back.     

(a nod to KNH for originating the blood brothers joke)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Ruba

« Reply #4081 on: December 29, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
There's really only one reason to hate VXI.     GOD AWFUL REPETITION!!! 

Especially during Angel and the Gambler, it's hard to believe SOMEONE didn't turn to Steve and say, "Say Arry, don't you think I could WRING YOUR FREAKIN NECK IF YOU MAKE BLAZE SING THAT LINE ONE MORE FREAKIN TIME????!!!!"

IMO, Iron Maiden's choruses started to get lazy with Somewhere In Time.   That was really the first album where you had multiple songs that only sang a single phrase 3 to 4 times (sometimes more) as the chorus.   But over time, it just got worse and worse....and it really came to a head on VXI.   I honestly cannot listen to that album just because over half that album sounds like a record skipping.

Yup. But I don't mind repetition as long as the repeated part is good. I don't mind The Angel and the Gambler or Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger, weirdly enough. Or Blood Brothers.

I pretty much dislike the four latest albums. Dance of Death is the best of them, but far from flawless. Why? They seem to write lengthy songs just for the sake of them being lengthy. Usually the songs have a good riff or two, but end up in a senseless spiral of repetition. I wish they'd make an album with eight 4-6 minute songs and one epic over ten minutes.

Want me to elaborate? Brave New World's main melody is fantastic, but the chorus is utterly boring and eats up probably a third of the song. The Longest Day has really cool verses, but I don't like pre-chorus or the chorus, and those both are repeated unnecessarily many times. When the Wild Wind Blows has parts the makes me have goosebumps, but the music doesn't support the story as well as it could and is very repetitive.

Another thing I'd like to change is clean intros. It started on The X Factor, on which 9 of 11 songs (+ I Live My Way) start with clean guitar. They sort of fitted on the mood of the album, but they're getting boring. God, I wish they'd leave their comfort zone. They're kind of AC/DC of heavy metal now (nothing wrong with AC/DC, I do like their formula better than the post-Blaze Maiden albums).

But they still have written some good material. The Thin Line Between Love & Hate is excellent to my mind, I love the tranquil parts. The first three minutes of Dance of Death are arguably the best three minutes on their whole discography. The remaining song is good still, but has some terribly rushed vocal melodies. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns and Lord of Light are probably their two heaviest songs on their whole discography. And Mother of Mercy is the most fresh-sounding Maiden song since, uhmmm, The Unbeliever (maybe their most experimental song).

I'm ready for shitstorm.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4082 on: December 31, 2013, 02:40:57 AM »
I'v yet to hear the new album unfortunately. I wont listen to it anywhere until i buy the actual CD.

I love Angel And The Gambler. Did i mention it was actually the song that got me into Maiden? odd, some may think. I actually like the way Maiden will repeat thing in their songs. The way in which they repeat the chorus' sometimes just have such a big almost emotional impact on me. And with Blaze the music i found had a certain emotional quality lacking in non-Blaze stuff tbh. Xfactor was so somber and dark. Such a beautiful vibe i get from the album.

And actually when i think of Blood Brother, i could very easily see Blaze doing it. A lot of BNWs songs actually i could see that with. With Blaze they did something great, but compared to everything before, there is no way it would work in a way the public would find successful. Too bad though. But i will say that Blaze is nowhere as vocally talented as Bruce, especially live. No one matches Bruce's energy. But of course with Blaze's stuff, the onstage energy wouldn't make sense...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4083 on: December 31, 2013, 06:13:01 AM »
I am dumbfounded . IM are my favorite band but tAatG is one of the worst songs I have ever heard from any band. Glad you became of afan though.  :metal

Offline Ruba

« Reply #4084 on: December 31, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »
And actually when i think of Blood Brother, i could very easily see Blaze doing it. A lot of BNWs songs actually i could see that with.

Three songs (The Mercenary, Dream of Mirrors, The Nomad) from BNW were written around VXI era. There was a fourth one too.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-guitarist-admits-band-used-leftover-ideas/

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4085 on: December 31, 2013, 07:34:53 AM »
I think the fourth was No More Lies

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4086 on: December 31, 2013, 09:23:44 AM »
I wanted to reiterate for the record that I actually really liked Blaze.   

He couldn't do the old stuff, so consequently he wasn't a great choice for Maiden.   But TXF is just an amazing album, and possibly the most overlooked and underrated album in their entire catalog.   Going from that to the dreck that was VXI is just baffling. 

But I noticed that Judas Priest (IMO) followed a nearly identical path.   New lead singer (except that in JP's case, he could at least sing the old stuff decently), put out a really solid, respectable record that everyone tends to overlook because "it's not Rob/Bruce" (Jugulator/TXF)....but it's good enough to get a following of its own.    Follow up the good album with a complete STINKER (Demolition/VXI)....everyone blames the singer even though it was the songwriting itself that was really terrible.   Use that as an excuse to re-hire old lead singer.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4087 on: December 31, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »
I agreewjth everything you say in regards to IM. TXF is a really awesome album IMO.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4088 on: December 31, 2013, 01:51:53 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Jugulator actually. Love it. Havn't heard Demolition though. Ripper was a great replacement. I think he sounds a lot like Halford. Kinda like Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. Guess they got Ripper so he could do the old stuff, and keep it sounding like Priest (like ac/dc), but they wanted to do something else musically with those albums.

Dream of Mirrors, Nomad, Mercenary. All great songs. I wonder why they wern't put of Virtual X1. And I'd believe if this was the case for No More Lies; great song, such an typical Maiden song ;) Which is good!

I heard that when Ripper joined Priest, they're popularity went downhill. I heard they went from playing giant stadiums to small clubs with Ripper. When Maiden was with Blaze, did their crowds change? Did they suffer and play smaller venues?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4089 on: December 31, 2013, 02:11:05 PM »
Absolutely.   Maybe not as much in Europe, but the TXFactour was definitely playing clubs and smallish theaters in the states...whereas they had been playing arenas before.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4090 on: December 31, 2013, 03:16:18 PM »
They played a club for the X Factor tour, but went back to a shed with VXI (albeit as part of a package tour). The best part of it was that once Bruce returned they continued with the smaller venues for a while, so some of us old farts got to see the modern lineup in tiny theaters.
E.F. Benson

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4091 on: January 01, 2014, 01:06:40 PM »
But i assume both Priest and Maiden are back to play big arena's?

I love BNW because it sounds and feels so glorious. Part of this is knowing it's return to asskicking, and also the fact that it kick's ass. It' has so much energy. I'm not that big of a Priest fan because I just havn't listened to very much of them other then the popular radio songs, parts of Painkiller, and Jugulator. I'm wondering, does anyone feel that way about Angel of Retribution? It's their return like BNW was for Maiden. I think of Angel of Retribution for Priest in the same way BNW is for Maiden.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4092 on: January 01, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »
Priest were playing midsized venues; 5k or so and they weren't selling them out. Last time I saw them in a shed was part of a package deal with H&H and Motörhead (awesome show). Maiden are packing sheds in this country and stadiums elsewhere.
E.F. Benson

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4093 on: January 02, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »
When AMOLAD came out and i heard the they were playing the album entirely at their shows, i thought that was so awesome. I'd love to see that. I have no problem with then playing a new album entirely, especially if it's while on a tour supporting the album. AMOLAD is a really, really great album. I'd say it's one of if not their best albums. Seeing them play it start to finish would be amazing. I'm tired of hearing Run To The Hills and would rather see them play a new song instead.

And does anyone know if Lord of Light has anything to do with the book Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny? I wouldn't be surprised considering it's Maiden. But does anyone know?

And since i'v yet to hear Final Frontier, i have a question based on the album cover. Do any science-fiction themes have anything to do with the songs on Final Frontier?

Offline Ruba

« Reply #4094 on: January 03, 2014, 02:57:03 AM »
I'm tired of hearing Run To The Hills and would rather see them play a new song instead.

Me too, but instead of new songs, I'd like to hear stuff like Remember Tomorrow, Innocent Exile, Killers, 22 Acacia Acenue, To Tame a Land, The Duellists, Alexander the Great (356-323 B.C.), The Prophecy, The Clairvoyant...

And since i'v yet to hear Final Frontier, i have a question based on the album cover. Do any science-fiction themes have anything to do with the songs on Final Frontier?

No, I don't think so.