Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436043 times)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #3745 on: March 18, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »
Creepy ;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3746 on: March 18, 2013, 09:35:18 AM »
Took a ski trip with the kids on Friday and Saturday.  Just as we were driving through the town of El Dorado on Friday morning...the song El Dorado starts playing on my CD player.  :omg:

this exact thing has happened to me driving by China Grove, NC and the Doobie Bros song had just started.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #3747 on: March 18, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »
Iron Maiden is in Zagreb on 31st July :) Can't wait, it's going to be my first IM show.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3748 on: March 18, 2013, 12:09:41 PM »
Wherever, whoever, whatever you are....
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3749 on: March 18, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
Iron Maiden is in Zagreb on 31st July :) Can't wait, it's going to be my first IM show.
Have a great time, man. It's funny how they're circling around Serbia this time around, while playing Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria. Oh well, I'll still catch them wherever I can.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #3750 on: March 18, 2013, 02:51:45 PM »
Have a great time, man. It's funny how they're circling around Serbia this time around, while playing Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria. Oh well, I'll still catch them wherever I can.
Thanks, I will ;)
I noticed many bands this year are going to Slovenia but not in Croatia or Serbia :/ I hope DT will come.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline philmcson

« Reply #3751 on: March 18, 2013, 06:31:08 PM »
Thanks, I will ;)
I noticed many bands this year are going to Slovenia but not in Croatia or Serbia :/ I hope DT will come.

DT still has to announce the summer festivals they'll be playing.... I'd expect a headliner tour after releasing the new album, which would be in November, December, January?! Right?!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3752 on: March 18, 2013, 06:33:49 PM »
I would think it would be a little earlier than that depening on how the process goes.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #3753 on: March 22, 2013, 03:28:12 AM »
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3754 on: March 22, 2013, 04:23:22 AM »
Thanks, I will ;)

DT still has to announce the summer festivals they'll be playing.... I'd expect a headliner tour after releasing the new album, which would be in November, December, January?! Right?!
They said they're on the same schedule as ADTOE, and it came out in September.

I would really like to catch them both on the festival tour and on the regular Euro tour, but that depends on how much money I'll have and my Uni schedule.

In other news, there's an acoustic Anathema concert in Belgrade at the end of April, and I think I'll be going; Riverside also confirmed June 4 and Leprous + Orkenkjott might be coming back so, uhm, HAPPY PROG YEAR FOR ME :dangerwillrobinson:

Edit: LOL this is not the concert thread
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:07:56 AM by MoraWintersoul »

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3755 on: March 22, 2013, 07:47:16 AM »
Can I Play With Madness from the upcoming 'Maiden England' release - due out on Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WPwrSuTc4

Offline philmcson

« Reply #3756 on: March 22, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
Thanks, I will ;)

They said they're on the same schedule as ADTOE, and it came out in September.

I would really like to catch them both on the festival tour and on the regular Euro tour, but that depends on how much money I'll have and my Uni schedule.

In other news, there's an acoustic Anathema concert in Belgrade at the end of April, and I think I'll be going; Riverside also confirmed June 4 and Leprous + Orkenkjott might be coming back so, uhm, HAPPY PROG YEAR FOR ME :dangerwillrobinson:

Edit: LOL this is not the concert thread

Nevermind the offtopic, I appreciate that you'll be going to awesome concerts....  :metal and if Mladen and you happen to go to the Maiden concert in Zagreb, I'll say a warm hello from the stands!  ;D

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #3757 on: March 22, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
Can I Play With Madness from the upcoming 'Maiden England' release - due out on Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WPwrSuTc4

Not available in my country. Stupid Vevo  :censored
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3758 on: March 24, 2013, 07:23:40 AM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3759 on: March 24, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
The Maiden England DVD is incredible, the quality is awesome.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #3760 on: March 24, 2013, 09:41:15 PM »
Yea, it's fucking fantastic. The performance is top notch, setlist only has a few leftovers from Live After Death and besides the SIT and Seventh Son material, Die With Your Boots On and Still Life are two songs we haven't seen in this history set yet. Quite a few songs that haven't been seen on DVD yet, so that's pretty cool. I think it's better than Live After Death.

The 2nd disc doesn't have as much as the past two installments, but that's OK. The doc is awesome though kinda short, but it gives some good information on the 2 albums. Also ends with "to be continued" which means we'll most certainly get Donnington 1991 on DVD.  :metal
The 12 Wasted Years is good too but it has a lot of stuff from the past two DVDs.

A worthy addition to the Maiden DVD catalog overall
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3761 on: March 25, 2013, 05:02:54 AM »
Man, watching the concert brought back so many memories watching that VHS every day after school. The extra songs is really nice although Bruce is really fucked by the end of it.  That performance of Run to the Hills could be the worst Bruce live performance ever captured, it terrible.

Can't wait to watch 12 Wasted Years again, that was a great VHS too.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3762 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:32 AM »
Adrian's mullet  :facepalm:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3763 on: March 25, 2013, 06:19:26 AM »
That's the coolest part.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3764 on: March 25, 2013, 08:55:49 AM »
Per ordered it through amazon. Hopefully I get it soon

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3765 on: March 25, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »
I'll order it tonight. The DVD. Not the mullet.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #3766 on: March 26, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
Should be in my mailbox when I get home from work. :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3767 on: March 26, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »
Won't get a chance to get to the store until Thursday.

Zydar, you should get the mullet too. "Adrian's Mullet" would make a great photoshop thread.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #3768 on: March 26, 2013, 10:27:58 AM »
Just picked mine up from Best Buy, will watch later this evening when I'm a little less busy.  :metal
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3769 on: March 26, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
Just went to FYE during lunch and picked up En Vivo and Maiden England 88. Saturday will be epic.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3770 on: March 26, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »
So, not sure when I am going to get this. I was initially pumped about it, but have become less so after actually seeing some clips on line. The show seems to compare poorly with LiD in terms of sound, directing, performances, and energy. So I don’t know. I’ll definitely still get it, especially for the documentary, but I have no idea when. Probably next month. I’m kinda maxed-out on March’s music budget, anyway.

BTW, WTF is up with the CD being priced higher than the DVD? Seriously? I was interested in getting both, but now I’m most definitely only be picking up the DVD. 

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3771 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:06 AM »
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3772 on: March 27, 2013, 03:20:04 AM »

Not to mention his jacket :facepalm:

:lol
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3773 on: March 27, 2013, 04:38:49 AM »
So, not sure when I am going to get this. I was initially pumped about it, but have become less so after actually seeing some clips on line. The show seems to compare poorly with LiD in terms of sound, directing, performances, and energy. So I don’t know. I’ll definitely still get it, especially for the documentary, but I have no idea when. Probably next month. I’m kinda maxed-out on March’s music budget, anyway.

BTW, WTF is up with the CD being priced higher than the DVD? Seriously? I was interested in getting both, but now I’m most definitely only be picking up the DVD.

I'd take Maiden England over LAD, mainly for the setlist.  For me the cd was 3 dollars cheaper than the DVD.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3774 on: March 27, 2013, 06:48:55 AM »
Because I like IM's music so much, I sometimes overlook Bruce's singing. On the way to work today I popped Piece of Mind in and just focused on the vocals. 3 or 4 of Bruce's greatest performances are on this record.  :omg: I've owned it for 30 years but just felt the need to re-iterate how great the vocals are.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3775 on: March 27, 2013, 07:13:24 AM »
Looking forward to what you guys have to say about the new DVD.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #3776 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »

First time the camera went to Adrian and I saw the mullet, I said "welcome to the 80s."  :lol

I only got to Seventh Son before I stopped watching-been fighting off a cold for a while, and the cold won-but thus far I'm loving it. True, it isn't Live After Death, but let's face it, that's a high water mark for concert films. It's a great, energetic performance by Maiden, and with the benefit of hindsight, can be seen as a document of the end of an era, since it wasn't long after this that the band started falling downward. Going to finish it up and watch the next part of the history documentary today.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #3777 on: March 27, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
I would be giving my thoughts, but the only store that carries Maiden DVD's in town hasn't got it in stock yet, checking their website I see that the rest of the HMV's in canada have numerous copies and we don't have any  >:( Off to Amazon to order like I should've in the first place :\
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3778 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:45 AM »
Just got the DVD and I´m almost done watching the history of IM part 3.
(I love watching the documentaries first). The stories about the clothing and sponsorship are priceless!!  :rollin

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3779 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »
Just got the DVD and I´m almost done watching the history of IM part 3.
(I love watching the documentaries first). The stories about the clothing and sponsorship are priceless!!  :rollin
Do they really get into why Adrian left?