Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436479 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #3325 on: January 09, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »
You guys.......... :hefdaddy
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Ruba

« Reply #3326 on: January 10, 2013, 01:58:05 AM »
Ahh ok, i thoughts so. Then it have to be:

old maiden > new maiden

I like BNW but i'm sorry, i haven't really been hooked on any of their latest albums. When we're talking about the golden era of Maiden, nothing can beat the albums they released during the 80s and no future album will.

:tup, except I don't care about BNW. Dance of Death is the best reunion album IMO.

And yeah...

You guys.......... :hefdaddy

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3327 on: January 10, 2013, 01:09:53 PM »
They're touring the Maiden England show through the summer festivals and then I believe they will turn their attention to a new album. I think we're looking at a mid 2014 release date IMO.

I think their reunion era albums are every bit as strong as the Classic era, save for NOTB.

you may want to check out the Maiden facebook page they just posted the Steve is taking his solo band on a 14 country / 24 city european tour and taking a temporary leave from his Iron Maiden duties (whatever that means)
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3328 on: January 10, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
Nothing to worry about, it's only during Feb and Mar. The 29th of may they start the Euro leg of MET!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline philmcson

« Reply #3329 on: January 10, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »
Right, then there are lots of gigs in Europe.

Own a ticket for Seerock Festival in Graz, Austria with Maiden as first headlines. Finally, 5 years after my last Maiden gig!  :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3330 on: January 10, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
They're touring the Maiden England show through the summer festivals and then I believe they will turn their attention to a new album. I think we're looking at a mid 2014 release date IMO.

I think their reunion era albums are every bit as strong as the Classic era, save for NOTB.

you may want to check out the Maiden facebook page they just posted the Steve is taking his solo band on a 14 country / 24 city european tour and taking a temporary leave from his Iron Maiden duties (whatever that means)

Yeah, I saw that earlier today.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3331 on: January 15, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »
Looks like Bruce has gone and joined the public speaking circuit. Seems a decent match, as he's obviously a pretty interesting bloke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtMmwwtDhII

"What's changed?  All that's changed now is that the music's free and the T-shirt costs you a hundred bucks."   :lol

I really like the "call a poet" idea.  This was a different section of the speech, and obviously a previous one, but I put it here because he provides a real life example of that concept.  And it appears that he's also in the airship business now. Last I heard he was working the flight services idea. Dude seems to get around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4mq-2QyFjI
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3332 on: January 16, 2013, 06:34:59 AM »
I don't think you can find a better role model in rock music. He's definitely not the typical rock star.

The creativity speech was amazing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3333 on: January 16, 2013, 06:52:45 AM »

"What's changed?  All that's changed now is that the music's free and the T-shirt costs you a hundred bucks."   :lol
Great line.

The more I watched that video, the more he looked like Pat Sajak! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3334 on: January 16, 2013, 07:14:51 AM »
Weird , for some reason, I'm not getting any sound.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3335 on: January 16, 2013, 07:48:39 AM »
I don't think you can find a better role model in rock music. He's definitely not the typical rock star.

So true in so many ways.

I loved the video, Bruce is a genius.  :hefdaddy

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3336 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »
never mind, had the wrong plug in.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3337 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:42 AM »

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3338 on: January 17, 2013, 06:30:38 AM »
What the hell is the deal with someone yelling out "Bruce Dickinson" at a Paul Di'Anno show? :facepalm:

Offline philmcson

« Reply #3339 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:50 AM »
What the hell is the deal with someone yelling out "Bruce Dickinson" at a Paul Di'Anno show? :facepalm:

They maybe think that Bruce would make a better Di'Anno solo gig than Paul himself  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3340 on: January 17, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
And now for the opposite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brBtb5ykIoI

Why would you go to his show just to heckle him and yell Bruce Dickinson.  You can hear the guy shit himself by his silence once Dianno confronts him.  :lol

2:56 "I love you"  :lol   "NO, NO"  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3341 on: January 17, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »
And now for the opposite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brBtb5ykIoI

Why would you go to his show just to heckle him and yell Bruce Dickinson.  You can hear the guy shit himself by his silence once Dianno confronts him.  :lol

2:56 "I love you"  :lol   "NO, NO"  :lol
Yea man Dianno just floors him and gets triggerd when he gets silenced.  :lol

I have no idea why he yelled Bruce but i actually don't think he meant anything by it, just bad english.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3342 on: January 17, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »
Damn, that's just a mess all the way around. I agree that the guy probably didn't mean anything by it; bad English and cheap vodka. PD actually seemed reasonably good natured about it at first, but then he really lost it. Add to that, he looks and sounds truly pathetic. I'm pretty fond of the guy, so I really hope he's still getting IM money and doing club gigs for fun and tail.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #3343 on: January 18, 2013, 04:17:37 AM »
I forgot how great Brave New World is. It would certainly make my top 50.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3344 on: January 18, 2013, 04:22:00 AM »

One of Maiden's best IMO.

Also, going back to the vid on Dianno, I didn't know Running Free was the song that made the band famous?  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3345 on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:54 AM »
Yea it's good, the best of the "new" era albums with Bruce if you ask me.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3346 on: January 18, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »
I'd say AMOLAD is the best reunion album.
I used to love BNW when I was younger, but that album is way too repetitive for me now. At least half of the songs have choruses that are repeated way too many times.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3347 on: January 18, 2013, 06:41:38 AM »
Damn, that's just a mess all the way around. I agree that the guy probably didn't mean anything by it; bad English and cheap vodka. PD actually seemed reasonably good natured about it at first, but then he really lost it. Add to that, he looks and sounds truly pathetic. I'm pretty fond of the guy, so I really hope he's still getting IM money and doing club gigs for fun and tail.

love the D'ianno albums but guys is a complete mess now...read his Biography all its about is Drugs,sex and fighting and him padding his own ego ablout how good he is at all 3

Saw him in late 2009 or 2010 (don't remember) he played a club in NJ about 20 people were there...he ran through his set (which consisted of mostly Maiden tunes) and than just scowered around the bar looking for someone to hook him up with coke
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3348 on: February 03, 2013, 07:04:07 AM »
Anyone else gonna see Maiden on the European leg? 10/7 Malmö Stadium, Sweden!  :metal

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #3349 on: February 03, 2013, 07:06:08 AM »
I'd say AMOLAD is the best reunion album.
I used to love BNW when I was younger, but that album is way too repetitive for me now. At least half of the songs have choruses that are repeated way too many times.

Those repetitive choruses do drag a lot of their stuff down a bit, even some of the classic-era material suffers from it.

AMOLAD is also my favorite reunion album  :hat

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3350 on: February 03, 2013, 07:07:03 AM »
Anyone else gonna see Maiden on the European leg? 10/7 Malmö Stadium, Sweden!  :metal
I certainly will. The plan is to travel to Austria or Slovakia, I only have to sort things out with my exams first. But there's no way I'm missing Maiden this year.  :metal

Offline philmcson

« Reply #3351 on: February 03, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
I certainly will. The plan is to travel to Austria or Slovakia, I only have to sort things out with my exams first. But there's no way I'm missing Maiden this year.  :metal

Yup, 21st June in Graz, Austria  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3352 on: February 03, 2013, 10:59:57 AM »
Enjoy the shows Europeans! It was a great show when I saw them in New Jersey.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3353 on: February 06, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »
Just found this awesome site:

https://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3354 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »

Yup, that's been around a while.
Great site!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3355 on: February 06, 2013, 04:44:39 PM »
For instance there were apparently a band in the 70s called Iron Maiden before Iron Maiden. Now called Bolton Iron Maiden.   :omg:

Offline 425

« Reply #3356 on: February 06, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »
For instance there were apparently a band in the 70s called Iron Maiden before Iron Maiden. Now called Bolton Iron Maiden.   :omg:

Actually, according to Maverick they essentially disbanded before 'Arry's boys got famous; "Bolton" is only to specify the difference between that Iron Maiden and the famous one (Bolton being where that band was formed). The album he talks about there was released years after the band disbanded (following the death of one of the members). Basically, the other Iron Maiden is not a currently active band and was only active simultaneously with the famous Iron Maiden for a very brief time in 1976.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #3357 on: February 06, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »
So this has been my relationship with AMOLAD:

Purchase day: Eh, it's okay, but some of the songs are kind of long and plodding.

Two years later: What the hell, let's listen to AMOLAD...wow, this is better than I remembered.

Last year, on a long trip: Man, AMOLAD is even BETTER than I remembered.

Last night, working through the post re-union albums: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING.

Talk about a grower.  :rollin
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3358 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:45 AM »

Yup, that's been around a while.
Great site!
Amazing site, it used to be my favorite website back in the day when I was discovering Maiden.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #3359 on: February 07, 2013, 04:34:19 AM »
So this has been my relationship with AMOLAD:

Purchase day: Eh, it's okay, but some of the songs are kind of long and plodding.

Two years later: What the hell, let's listen to AMOLAD...wow, this is better than I remembered.

Last year, on a long trip: Man, AMOLAD is even BETTER than I remembered.

Last night, working through the post re-union albums: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING.

Talk about a grower.  :rollin

Have you heard the soundboard bootleg from the third (I think) Stockholm date on the AMOLAD tour?  They're the definitive version of the album for me.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."