Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436459 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #3220 on: July 25, 2012, 05:42:07 AM »
IM will be on the new deep purple tribute album along with Metallica and others. IM did Space Truckin. I believe they actually recorded this back when they did AMOLAD

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #3221 on: July 26, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
I just met Nicko! There's a walk way to dressing rooms right beside me and he came and chilled by me to watch Coheed (who put on a wicked show BTW) and I shook his hand and talked to him a bit. I just about cried with tears of joy because it was so spontaneous and he's one of my reasons to start drumming so I'm totally in awe and amazement.  :hefdaddy Maidens on in a few minutes, I can't wait! Up the Irons DTF  :metal
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #3222 on: July 26, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
That's pretty fucking awesome  :metal
Enjoy Maiden!  :tup
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #3223 on: July 26, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »
Awesome story!!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3224 on: July 27, 2012, 03:43:39 AM »
That's cool! I would love to have a chat with Nicko!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #3225 on: July 27, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
So a day later and I'm still in awe about last night! It was a shit show getting to the venue and getting through with paperless tickets but once we did and I bought my merch and settled in for Coheed I felt better. Then when I met Nicko my mood just went sky high! This is one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. The songs were spot on! Great job Maiden  :tup :hefdaddy :metal

Edit: Now that I'm on a desktop I can give a bit more insight to last nights show. Coheed was amazing. No World For Tomorrow was an awesome set opener for them, Heaven and Hell was a wicked cover, and Welcome Home just got the crowd so pumped for Maiden, Claudio's over the head solo on his 12 string was unreal. Maiden had an amazing set. I never expected Phantom of the Opera and Afraid to Shoot Strangers . I actually really liked seeing the Trooper live. I've never seen it live before so it was a treat and had very good live energy. Moonchild was a wicked opener! Can I Play With Madness had a good energy live. I absolutely love the Prisoner so that was a huge highlight for me. Run To The Hills is such a classic so it works so well, and the Eddie for that song was really cool, it had lots of funny actions! Seventh Son was probably the highlight of the set for me. It was so EPIC. The theatrics of the performance and the overall amazingness of the song made that so cool for me! It was actually nice to see a Maiden show with Pyro, It added so much more to the explosive ending to the song. Aces High was so well done and probably my second favourite behind Seventh Son. When the plane motors started up and Churchill chimed in the whole crowd went fucking wild. The Energy of that song is by far the most contagious of any song they have I think.

Overall an 11/10 performance by Britains best metal band, so much better than the 2010 FF North American Tour. Lets hope this gets a DVD :metal
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:09:01 PM by YtseCullen »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3226 on: July 28, 2012, 07:09:29 AM »
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3227 on: August 07, 2012, 01:52:55 AM »

I found this on my computer under the name "themanwhowouldbeking.jpg" - thing is, I don't remember where I got it from. Is it anything official or something? A quick Google search yielded no results.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #3228 on: August 07, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
I remember seeing that on ironmaidenwallpaper.com
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3229 on: August 07, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
Yeah, that's right!

Thanks, mosh.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3230 on: August 16, 2012, 07:29:27 AM »
I'm seeing Iron Maiden tomorrow. So excited I can barely sit still. :caffeine:

Will anyone from DTF be joining me in Dallas?
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3231 on: August 16, 2012, 07:57:27 AM »

I'll be out there. What are you doing in Dallas?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3232 on: August 16, 2012, 08:00:49 AM »
It's a 4 1/2 hour drive for us, and we have to be back home on Saturday, so we won't be doing anything except going to the show.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3233 on: August 16, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »
It's a 4 1/2 hour drive for us, and we have to be back home on Saturday, so we won't be doing anything except going to the show.

Your gonna have a blast.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #3234 on: August 16, 2012, 11:41:21 PM »

Have a blast dude! I can honestly say this was one of the best experiences of my life. Coheed was wicked! Maiden's set was wicked, the stage set was wicked, every thing was fucking EPIC! Let us know how it went!

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #3235 on: August 16, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »

Have a blast dude! I can honestly say this was one of the best experiences of my life. Coheed was wicked! Maiden's set was wicked, the stage set was wicked, every thing was fucking EPIC! Let us know how it went!

+1

I enjoyed the hell out of the Charlotte show, opening night.  Great performance and awesome experience all around. Definitely made me an even bigger fan. Hope you have a great time too!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3236 on: August 17, 2012, 12:07:35 AM »
Maiden never disappoints live. Hope you had a great time.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3237 on: August 17, 2012, 12:58:33 AM »
Ooohhh i'm eagerly awaiting for the European dates....should be an announcement around the corner of aug/sept.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3238 on: August 17, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »
Well...tonight was the best night of my life. That was easily the best show I've ever been to. I don't know what else to say. I'm still in shock, I guess. :lol :metal

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3239 on: August 17, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »
I thought it was alright.  They never play their best game at Dallas (and understandably, Dallas really sucks for their shows), and Bruce was really sounding like it was the penultimate night of the tour, but they're never less that great to watch.  SSoaSS was just wonderful.  Worth the price of admission by itself. 

I'd love to see the Houston show tomorrow.  Houston's a much better Maiden town, and it always shows in their concerts. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #3240 on: August 18, 2012, 03:09:53 AM »
Well...tonight was the best night of my life. That was easily the best show I've ever been to. I don't know what else to say. I'm still in shock, I guess. :lol :metal

Exactly my thoughts after my Maiden show in Calgary! Glad you had fun dude!  :tup

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3241 on: August 18, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
.  SSoaSS was just wonderful.  Worth the price of admission alone.

it was...that song was beyond epic
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3242 on: August 18, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
Starting to wonder if the years haven't caught up to Bruce.  I thought he sounded tired last night, which is pretty common for him at the end of tours.  I went back and compared some videos from the beginning of this tour and he didn't sound much different, though. 

Here's Wasted Years from last night.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW20-ewvHdY
Listen to it 3 years ago and there's just no comparison.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNvPT8hT2Aw

I'm certainly willing to consider that it's more a function of playing to a shitload of crazy Chileans instead of weak Americans, but I've never really known Bruce to take a piss. 

I want to be very clear that I thought he still did a fine job.  He very definitely brought his A game for RttH last night.  It was just a noticeably lesser performance than what I've seen in the past. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3243 on: August 18, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
PotO was fuking amazing. That and SSoaSS were my faves of the show

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3244 on: August 18, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »
The only complaint I have about the show is the inclusion of Afraid to Shoot Strangers. The crowd reaction before, during, and after that song was pretty funny.

2 Minutes to Midnight crowd response: :2metal:

Afraid to Shoot Strangers: ...... :| ......

The Trooper: :2metal:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3245 on: August 18, 2012, 04:06:53 PM »
The only complaint I have about the show is the inclusion of Afraid to Shoot Strangers. The crowd reaction before, during, and after that song was pretty funny.

2 Minutes to Midnight crowd response: :2metal:

Afraid to Shoot Strangers: ...... :| ......

The Trooper: :2metal:
Ahh that's too bad, i like that song. Weird in a way when the song hasn't been played since 98', you'd have thought the response would have been better!  :-\

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3246 on: August 18, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
The mistake wasn't Maiden's for playing it, but the crowd's for not knowing it.  I bet 6k of the 11k there had never heard it before.  Shame, since it's a much better song than FotD, which everybody knows by now. 
E.F. Benson

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3247 on: August 18, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »
Saw the Denver show on Monday, and I'd never really listened to the Seventh Son album, but that song live was one of the best live moments I've experienced, especially the middle section with the synth.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3248 on: August 18, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »
Saw the Denver show on Monday, and I'd never really listened to the Seventh Son album, but that song live was one of the best live moments I've experienced, especially the middle section with the synth.

Hell Yeah, that's the best when Bruce comes in.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3249 on: August 18, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
Freakin LOVE AtSS....

I've never seen Maiden...always wanted to see Maiden.    But the tour I wish I would have seen the most is the one where they played AMOLAD.   Just because they played an awesome new album all the way through and rattled a bunch of cages in the process.   I love it when a band pisses off their audience.  (well...not all the time.  When they do it in a good way like Maiden did.)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #3250 on: August 18, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
Yeah ATSS is the best thing about the setlist!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3251 on: August 31, 2012, 08:56:57 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3252 on: August 31, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
Iron Maiden 1985 Interview

Those glasses!  :metal
Awesome! I've seen that before.
Love the UFO mention!!!

You could tell even back then that Steve Harris was the coolest motherfuc#er in hard rock.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3253 on: September 14, 2012, 06:16:47 AM »
Iron Maiden 1985 Interview

Those glasses!  :metal
Awesome! I've seen that before.
Love the UFO mention!!!

You could tell even back then that Steve Harris was the coolest motherfuc#er in hard rock.

I'll second that, with the possible exception of Hetfield. Het was a monster at that time.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3254 on: September 21, 2012, 03:27:37 AM »

Now we're talking!  :metal