Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436247 times)

Offline Mladen

Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #2940 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »
I'd pay for that show just to hear Bruce sing Futureal and Man on the edge.  :metal

Offline Ruba

« Reply #2941 on: May 21, 2012, 08:10:20 AM »
I'd pay for that show just to hear Bruce sing Futureal and Man on the edge.  :metal

They should bring back some Blaze era songs, even Bruce doesn't sing them as well as Blaze, they're still good.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2942 on: May 21, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »
Future al live with Bruce is on eddies archive and its pretty sweet. I think its better suited for blazes voice but Bruce does it well. I don't know where I got it, but I have man on the edge with Bruce as well. I also got aces high and power slave from somewhere I can't remember. Also wasted years was on eddies archive as well.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2943 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »
What was great about the EH tour was that it was small theaters that they were playing, the Orpheum here.

snip

This was probably the hottest show I've ever been to. It was July and the AC was not working in the Orpheum. No ventilation at all.
Exactly the same with us.  Small venue and no AC. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2944 on: May 30, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
Bruce got himself a new job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JicKozYHj18&feature=player_embedded

I want his energy stored in a bottle!  ;D
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2945 on: May 30, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
It's so weird seeing him in a suit for some reason. :|
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #2946 on: May 30, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »
No idea what he's talking about (what exactly is Cardiff Aviation?) but the video was still cool to watch. Bruce is such an admirable guy; his careers are so varied, and yet he seems to have had great success. Cool stuff.

I think I might have a man-crush on him.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2947 on: May 30, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »

Even with those teeth?

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #2948 on: May 30, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF THE TEETH

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2949 on: May 30, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
hahahahaha that's gross but whatever rustles your jimmies

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #2950 on: May 31, 2012, 08:34:01 AM »
No idea what he's talking about (what exactly is Cardiff Aviation?) but the video was still cool to watch. Bruce is such an admirable guy; his careers are so varied, and yet he seems to have had great success. Cool stuff.

It's an aviation business (repairs, storage, building, etc) based about 20 miles from Cardiff in Wales. And literally just down the road from the small town where I grew up. Typical that the second I move away from there to the big city, the frontman from one of my all time favourite bands ever starts a business there. :lol
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline The Ugliest Unicorn

• More than a horse
« Reply #2951 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »
Bruce got himself a new job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JicKozYHj18&feature=player_embedded

Once I notice one 'Uhhh...' I can't help anticipate the next. Spoilt the video for myself.  :facepalm:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2952 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how that business model works out.  I gather that he's just leasing facilities to people.  So someone who owns a couple of bizjets would base out of his facilities, and they'd have access to everything required to operate as a shuttle service, including maintenance.  What I'm hazy on is whether or not he employs all of the tech guys that are required for such an operation.

Many moon ago, I worked in such a facility for a while and what I recall is that it takes a shitload of people, each with fairly specific skill sets to operate such a place.  Some on payroll and some contractors.  In such a setup, you're essentially just a repair shop; albeit one that can handle every aspect of the maintenance, such as painting and avionics.  Based on his marketing pitch, I suspect he's trying to bring in people for other services as well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #2953 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how that business model works out.  I gather that he's just leasing facilities to people.  So someone who owns a couple of bizjets would base out of his facilities, and they'd have access to everything required to operate as a shuttle service, including maintenance.  What I'm hazy on is whether or not he employs all of the tech guys that are required for such an operation.

Many moon ago, I worked in such a facility for a while and what I recall is that it takes a shitload of people, each with fairly specific skill sets to operate such a place.  Some on payroll and some contractors.  In such a setup, you're essentially just a repair shop; albeit one that can handle every aspect of the maintenance, such as painting and avionics.  Based on his marketing pitch, I suspect he's trying to bring in people for other services as well.

Judging by local news, they are looking for a workforce there. They said it should create 1000 or more jobs locally, and as the hangers were just lying there after the MoD decided they didn't want them, I don't really see much downside if there's a demand for it.
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2954 on: May 31, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »
Wow Bruce looks like he will be quite busy. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end of maiden.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2955 on: May 31, 2012, 01:04:47 PM »
Dunno if Bruce has any kids, but this is the sort of thing that people like to do to build a legacy for their children. 

It's also true that he's always had countless outside interests, and this doesn't seem any different.  He founded the fencing supply company ages ago.  My guess is that he sold it off once it was successful, and Cardiff might go the same way. 

Edit: at least one son, and he seems to have sold his interest in Duelist Fencing.  Apparently the quality tanked shortly thereafter and it's now kind of a joke.  Shame. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:16:23 PM by El Barto »
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2956 on: June 12, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
I just saw Behind the Beast from En Vivo. It was really interesting to follow the crew and have a look at the logistic and administrative nightmare that goes along with a monster tour like that!

And it strikes me every time how freakin big this band is around the world!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2957 on: June 12, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
I just watched En Vivo and while I think that the performance is really good, I'm getting kinda annoyed that every Maiden live release features 2MTM, FotD, IM, NOTB and HBTN.

Don't get me wrong, they're great songs, but they don't need to be present on every. fucking. live. release. Anyone with me there?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2958 on: June 12, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »
Their setlists are a major legit complaint, especially when it comes to the live albums. I mean on En Vivo, why include Blood Brothers and The Wicker Man when they are already represented on a live release, but not any AMOLAD tracks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2959 on: June 12, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »
Dunno if Bruce has any kids, but this is the sort of thing that people like to do to build a legacy for their children. 

It's also true that he's always had countless outside interests, and this doesn't seem any different.  He founded the fencing supply company ages ago.  My guess is that he sold it off once it was successful, and Cardiff might go the same way. 

Edit: at least one son, and he seems to have sold his interest in Duelist Fencing.  Apparently the quality tanked shortly thereafter and it's now kind of a joke.  Shame.

He has two kids I think.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2960 on: June 12, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »

He has two kids I think.
One is of course Austin Dickinson from Rise to Remain!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2961 on: June 12, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »
Their setlists are a major legit complaint, especially when it comes to the live albums. I mean on En Vivo, why include Blood Brothers and The Wicker Man when they are already represented on a live release, but not any AMOLAD tracks.

This is a really good observation.  I was looking forward to a DVD of the AMOLAD where they performed the full album live, yet it never happened, and now you are right, we get more versions of songs that were on RIR.  Plus they performed Dance of Death when we got that on the DOTR DVD.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2962 on: June 12, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
They don't base their setlists on what they want on an upcoming DVD.  They don't mix their sets up and they always play songs that Arry thinks are staples, so we're pretty much stuck with FotD and IM.  The problem here is that they didn't release a DVD for the MoLaD tour, not what they did for TFF DVD.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2963 on: June 12, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
As a Lurker and occasional poster on the IM fanclub messageboardi can say that the fan base as a whole is not happy that nothing from amolad has made it to a DVD. However there has always been a big rumor that they recorded the donibgton showfor DVD but never released it. I'm pretty sure Kevin Shirley even mixed it. That donning ton show was after the tour where they played all of amolad, they played half of it and half of TNOtb.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #2964 on: June 12, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
Not a rumor, it was recorded and mixed. There have been rumors as to why it hasn't been released. One being all of the flags blocking the view of the stage.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2965 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:27 PM »
AMoLaD is an album whose songs need to be played live more. I want to hear Longest Day, and The Legacy
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2966 on: June 12, 2012, 08:28:23 PM »
Not a rumor, it was recorded and mixed. There have been rumors as to why it hasn't been released. One being all of the flags blocking the view of the stage.
Watched a bit of it on YT and the flags weren't as much of a problem as Bruce's voice was.  I'm sure part of it was just the soundboard quality, but he didn't sound like his normal powerful self. 
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2967 on: June 12, 2012, 08:56:44 PM »
Watched a bit of it on YT and the flags weren't as much of a problem as Bruce's voice was.  I'm sure part of it was just the soundboard quality, but he didn't sound like his normal powerful self.

I also believe they didnt release it due to a performance not up to thier standard. I like to think they are just holding this in thier back pocket for when they retire to keep some cash flow.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2968 on: June 12, 2012, 10:33:54 PM »

I also believe they didnt release it due to a performance not up to thier standard. I like to think they are just holding this in thier back pocket for when they retire to keep some cash flow.
They're right, it's not. 

As for cash flow, none of those guys have any problem at all in that regard. 
E.F. Benson

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #2969 on: June 13, 2012, 03:58:54 AM »

Maybe he got winded from this ;) :
https://youtu.be/BmuYuF-KVY8?t=1m52s
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2970 on: June 13, 2012, 04:01:19 AM »
I'm checking out the full concert right now as I have never seen it.  Bruce seems okay so far, it's 'Arry during Different World which is a worry.  :lol

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #2971 on: June 17, 2012, 12:38:11 PM »
I've listened to most of the bootlegs from that tour, and Donington was definitely the worst performance I heard.

People should download the soundboard bootleg from one of the Stockholm shows, though.  They were cracking there.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #2972 on: June 18, 2012, 08:39:03 AM »

I think they failed to diversify out of 6x4 panelling and that's what killed it.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #2973 on: June 18, 2012, 08:41:52 AM »

Looks like the Man of Sorrows video in a suit!!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2974 on: June 19, 2012, 06:58:32 AM »
The new Maiden United album "Across The Seventh Sea" to be released in September:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M02A-5HcvYE&feature=player_embedded

I thought they did a pretty good job with the piece of mind album, the songs really worked well in that style so it should be interesting (or terrifying) to see what they do with the mighty 7th one!  :)