Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436265 times)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #2835 on: March 03, 2012, 11:09:21 AM »
I just double checked to see if it was the same story at White River Ampitheater in Washington, El Barto. But no, everything has gone on sale to the general public, but the best sections are all sold out save for about 12 seats scattered throughout said sections.

I personally am very glad I jumped on the tickets that I did last night. I'm going with my dad and best friend (surprised my dad by showing him the ticket last night, it's his birthday present. So glad I could actually get him something worth getting this year) and I preferred that we all sat together. If I did it today, we would have been scattered throughout section 102.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline TL

« Reply #2836 on: March 03, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
A friend of mine got us floor seats for the Montreal show this summer. So psyched!
Also, it will actually be my second time seeing Alice Cooper; I saw him when he headlined here in Halifax a few years ago.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2837 on: March 03, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »
I just double checked to see if it was the same story at White River Ampitheater in Washington, El Barto. But no, everything has gone on sale to the general public, but the best sections are all sold out save for about 12 seats scattered throughout said sections.

I personally am very glad I jumped on the tickets that I did last night. I'm going with my dad and best friend (surprised my dad by showing him the ticket last night, it's his birthday present. So glad I could actually get him something worth getting this year) and I preferred that we all sat together. If I did it today, we would have been scattered throughout section 102.

You're not kvlt enough for the pit, like I am.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #2838 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »
Girl, don't be telling me how kvlt you are. My dad is the un-kvlt one. If I wasn't so keen on making sure he doesn't miss this show, I would have gotten Rhiannon and I pit tickets.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #2839 on: March 03, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
Got my tickets for Toronto. My first time seeing Alice Cooper! and my 5th time seeing Maiden. Always a great time. I've been in the pit 4 times already (and even caught Steve Harris' wristband on the AMOLAD tour!), so this time I decided I wanted to experience it from further back.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2840 on: March 13, 2012, 06:50:20 AM »
I got my tickets for the Rock. It's going to be an epic way to start the summer vacation.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2841 on: March 13, 2012, 04:59:01 PM »
Making a trip with some friends to the Chicago show. Got the tickets.  :metal

Offline adace

« Reply #2842 on: March 13, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2843 on: March 13, 2012, 05:35:11 PM »
Pretty cool. Looks like Steve Harris found an alternative to his seizure inducing edits.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2844 on: March 14, 2012, 06:01:53 AM »
Pretty cool. Looks like Steve Harris found an alternative to his seizure inducing edits.
Yes, much better editing on this. At least I know I can watch this.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2845 on: March 14, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »
I had no problem with their other live DVDs. The split-screens on this DVD are gonna be a bit dull, but everything else about it looks great.  :smiley:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2846 on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:05 AM »
It's somewhat better, but still annoying as hell.  While not as rapid, and there are actual fades now, there are still so many cuts as to be chaotic as hell.  As for the split screens, they don't help here.  When DT's got some big unison thing happening, it's nice to see them all up close.  No benefit here, especially in places where a wide shot would work better (the background vocals).

edit: credit to the man for listening to the fans, though.  I got the impression he really liked that seizure inducing style.  I'd like to see him go further away from it, but plenty of people wouldn't have budged.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2847 on: March 14, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
Looks pretty awesome to me.  Cant wait to get this in a couple weeks on Blu Ray.  It should look and sound awesome.  The multiple shots on one screen will work on a nice big screen TV.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2848 on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
Good clip.  Not a fan of the split screen stuff, but it's produced differently for Maiden so I'm happy with that, even though I've never really had a problem with any of their concerts before.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2849 on: March 14, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »
Anything is better than what Steve had been doing, but this still isn't great.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2850 on: March 14, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
I do like that it is different.  When you have so many concerts on DVD, I think its a good idea to at least make the view points different, especially when all thier DVDs have mostly the same songs.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2851 on: March 14, 2012, 04:46:39 PM »
Yeah, exactly.  We have to have some variety in the concerts, and since we don't get that in setlists, the footage is the next best thing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2852 on: March 15, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »
Yeah after watching it more closely, the edits are still fairly quick, though better than Death On The Road. Was it in fact Steve that edited this too?

Also, I'm not a fan of that "foot of the stage" shot. It was fine looking accrioss the stage at Dave standing over the crowd, but the ones where it looks almost straight up stinks. Also how many "helicoptor shots" are we going to be subjected to? It fine for a back cover or an album gatefold, but it's not a nessecary shot throughout each song. Looks like some decent footage of Nicko. They've still never really gotten that right, though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2853 on: March 15, 2012, 09:40:04 AM »
Yeah after watching it more closely, the edits are still fairly quick, though better than Death On The Road. Was it in fact Steve that edited this too?

Also, I'm not a fan of that "foot of the stage" shot. It was fine looking accrioss the stage at Dave standing over the crowd, but the ones where it looks almost straight up stinks. Also how many "helicoptor shots" are we going to be subjected to? It fine for a back cover or an album gatefold, but it's not a nessecary shot throughout each song. Looks like some decent footage of Nicko. They've still never really gotten that right, though.

Yes, I just checked both my DVDs and Rock in Rio and Death on the Road are both editted by Steve Harris. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2854 on: March 15, 2012, 10:05:17 AM »
For a band of Maiden's standard, I found the video to be pretty dull. I mean, there's nothing wrong musically ofc, but the editing and the double-screens just feels a bit underwhelming to me.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2855 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:49 AM »
Mmmm...

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2856 on: March 15, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »
WANT!  :hefdaddy

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2857 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »
Now that's album art
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2858 on: March 15, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
looks good to me!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2859 on: March 15, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
Reading the article on it, it appears that the guys responsible for FLight 666 filmed this.  Why couldn't SH let them direct the thing, FFS.  F666 was infinitely more watchable than any of Ari's last videos, and this one doesn't appear to be an exception.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #2860 on: March 22, 2012, 08:16:48 AM »
On this day, thirty years ago, The Number of the Beast was released.  :metal

If you don't mind me, I'm going to be over here feeling REALLY DAMN OLD.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2861 on: March 22, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #2862 on: March 22, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »
Coincidentally only have Number of the Beast left to get on vinyl. I really want a good copy of that :D

Finally bought Piece of Mind on vinyl yesterday. I love how much better the original releases sound over the remastered CDs. I also forgot how hilarious the first line of Quest For Fire is :metalol:
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2863 on: March 22, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
In a time when dinosaurs ruled the earth!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2864 on: March 23, 2012, 09:32:25 AM »
In a time when dinosaurs ruled the earth!

..when the land was swamp and caves were home!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2865 on: March 23, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »
Quest For Fire is a song I enjoy by maiden, even though it's simple it's fun. Also, it's fun to  play this and then put The Power Rangers.theme in the middle or after last chorus, I call it...Quest For The Power Rangers.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2866 on: March 23, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
The way Bruce sings is kind of funny.  Its an enjoyable song, but I cant really take it seriously.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2867 on: March 23, 2012, 04:57:59 PM »
Quest For Fire is a song I enjoy by maiden, even though it's simple it's fun. Also, it's fun to  play this and then put The Power Rangers.theme in the middle or after last chorus, I call it...Quest For The Power Rangers.

Still, it's better than Gangland.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2868 on: March 23, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »

I Love Gangland!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2869 on: March 23, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »

Both Gangland and Quest for Fire have Bruce's highest notes ever.

Gonna pick up the DVD this weekend.  It's sad, because I'm normally so excited for a Maiden release, and this DVD to me is just....meh.  Just buying it because it's Maiden, don't see myself playing it more than a couple of times.