Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436088 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #2695 on: January 18, 2012, 04:24:28 PM »
Yup.  I'd be happy never hearing FotD again.  That's why I loved the last Maiden tour so much.  Down here,  we only get greatest hits tours out of them.  They never come to Texas for the album tours.  On the Maiden/DT tour,  they played quite a few songs that I didn't expect to get to see played live.  Personally,  I'd like to have seen that tour get a DVD release.
What would be great is if they had done a DVD from each leg and released them together.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2696 on: January 29, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
Last night I watched Seventh Son of a Seventh Son from Maiden England and that song is a monster.  The stage show to go with it is spectacular, particularly the lighting with the snow background.  Also, Nicko's drumming is awesome on this song.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2697 on: January 30, 2012, 03:12:00 AM »
A very underrated track IMO.  Great instrumental section at the end too.  The Maiden England version is indeed killer.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2698 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:16 AM »
MAIDEN ON THE CHARGE

Iron Maiden announce "Maiden England World Tour" with extensive dates in North America this summer

Very Special Guest Alice Cooper to July 21, Coheed and Cambria after July 21.

Following the massively successful Final Frontier World Tour 2010-11, IRON MAIDEN are back on the road this summer with a series of Arena, Amphitheatre and Festival shows in the U.S.A. and Canada, opening in Charlotte, NC, U.S.A. on June 21, and finishing in Houston, TX, on Aug 18 (dates listed below), to be followed by further dates around the World in 2013. The MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR will closely mirror, in terms of production and content, the original 1988 concert video of the same name, shot on the “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour”. This opening section of the World Tour is the band’s most extensive visit to North America for many years and includes a number of cities the band have not played in a very long time, such as Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Salt Lake City.

In most venues, tickets will go on sale on March 2 and 3 but watch this site or check local venue information for fuller details. Fan Club members should check out ironmaiden.com for exclusive first day ticket presales and contest to be ‘First To The Barrier’.

MAIDEN ENGLAND marks the third chapter in the History of Iron Maiden, a journey which began in 2004 with The Early Days DVD and subsequent 2005 Early Days Tour. Part Two followed in 2008 with the Live After Death DVD - the seminal 1984 concert recorded at Long Beach Arena (L.A) during the World Slavery Tour - and the band embarking on their groundbreaking Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008/9, which saw them play to over two million fans in almost 40 countries.

Comments vocalist Bruce Dickinson, “We have great fun playing the History of Maiden Tours because it gives us an opportunity between new albums to go out and play songs from our earlier catalogue. It’s always fantastic seeing the crowd reaction from a new generation of fans who have never experienced some of these tracks performed live before, and of course we know our longstanding fans will enjoy seeing the original Seventh Son Tour re-visited - with many other surprises! Our intention is to play about two thirds of the original track list of Maiden England (shown below*), including some songs we have not played live in a very,very long time, plus other favourites we just know the fans are going to want to hear! We always try to give our fans a great show musically, but we have always tried to make it as entertaining and memorable an experience as we can visually. And we all feel this show is going to do that splendidly! We can't wait to get started in Charlotte”.

Iron Maiden are delighted to announce that the extraordinary and legendary Alice Cooper will be their Very Special Guest on all shows up to July 21. After that date, Special Guest will be Coheed and Cambria, the inspiring, cutting edge band from New York.

Iron Maiden continue to be actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have full access to the best possible tickets in the fairest possible way. Manager Rod Smallwood comments:

“We are trying to ensure that our fans get the tickets they want in the prime positions without paying over the odds to ticket scalpers. Maiden get infuriated with the way fans sometimes have to pay more than the ticket price to get good positions at our shows. So we will, wherever possible (Festivals excluded), with the assistance of the Promoters, arrange a paperless ticketing system at least for the front sections to try to eliminate as much of the ticket scalping and exchanges as we can. We put this into practice on our North American Tour in 2010; it worked well and we received many positive comments back from our fans, so we intend to increase this where feasible. With paperless ticketing, only those who actually pay initially for the tickets will get into the show so scalping is generally avoided (please see the comments from Ticketmaster below). We are also doing everything we can to avoid any drain of prime tickets going to the Secondary Ticketing sites which we feel make unfair profits from music fans.

As we consider all our fans to be VIPs, no tickets will be held specifically for VIP use. At some venues, the Promoter may provide the option for fans to pay extra for “VIP Parking”, early access, access to “VIP Bar” etc. But these will be purely optional for ticket holders only and will not be tied to ticket locations – the ability to get the best tickets should be the same for everybody outside of the usual presales.

Finally, we are of course once again arranging exclusive ticket pre-sales for our fan club members so they can be quick off the mark for great tickets and will also continue to run the contest in appropriate venues for fan club members so they can be ‘First To The Barrier’ prior to the show. We hope that these measures will help our fans as much as possible and ask that they keep checking for details on our website.”

TICKETMASTER comments:
Where possible the North American Iron Maiden shows will operate a paperless ticket policy. Select tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster’s Paperless Ticket delivery, which means fans will not receive a physical concert ticket for their entry into the event. Buying paperless helps ensure fans have secure and convenient access to event tickets at the intended original sale price. On the day of show, concert goers just need to bring the credit card they used for the ticket purchase and a government-issued photo ID to the concert. All members of the ticket purchaser's party must be present at the same time to enter the venue. The venue’s ticket usher will swipe their credit card upon entry and present each person in their party with seat locator slips for quick access into the show. To purchase paperless tickets or for more information, fans should visit www.ticketmaster.com/paperless or call the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone number at 1-800-745-3000.

*Maiden England 1988 Longform Video VHS Tracklisting
Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, The Prisoner, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams, Killers, Can I Play With Madness, Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years, The Clairvoyant, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden.

MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012 TOUR DATES:

21st June - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
23rd June - Atlanta, GA - Aarons Amphitheatre
26th June - Boston, MA - Comcast Center
27th June - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach
29th June - Philadelphia, PI - Susquehanna Bank Center
30th June - Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
2nd July - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
5th July - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank
8th July - Quebec, QC - Colisee Pepsi Arena
11th July - Montreal, QC - Bell Center
13th July - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
14th July - Sarnia, ON - Bayfest
16th July - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
18th July - Detroit, MI - DTE Music Theatre
19th July - Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Music Centre
24th July - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center
26th July - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
27th July - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
29th July - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
30th July - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
1st August - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre
3rd August - San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
6th August - Phoenix, AZ - Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
9th August - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
12th August - Albuquerque. NM - Hard Rock Pavilion
13th August - Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
15th August - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
17th August - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
18th August - Houston, TX - The Woodlands

Oh god I am so excite.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #2699 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »
YES. YES. YES.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2700 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
I might have to pass on this one, I blew my concert wad last year for DT, DT/IM, and Roger Waters. And most of my disposible income now goes to my 9 month old girl.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #2701 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »
I came

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2702 on: February 15, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »
Oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Oh MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

INFINITE DREAMS I can't deny them!!!!!!!! :metal :metal
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:55:47 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2703 on: February 15, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »
I'll either go to the Camden or Newark show.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2704 on: February 15, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »
That's real cool.  I've really enjoyed the historical tours.  I'd normally be in for Dallas and Houston, but mid-August is a pretty rotten time to camp down there.

The ticketmaster rant is bullshit, but I'll take that up in the appropriate thread.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2705 on: February 15, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »
Yes!!!!

I am definitely going and we get coheed...hooray for me
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2706 on: February 15, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »
I will do everything in my power to go to this.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2707 on: February 15, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »
This is too much to bear!! :omg:

My favourite Maiden album and they gonna replicate The 7th Tour of a 7th Tour!!! :hefdaddy

:metal :metal :metal :metal :corn :metal :metal :metal :metal

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:57:10 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2708 on: February 15, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »
I will do everything in my power to go to this.

This, even though SSoaSS is far from my favorite Maiden album, the Charlotte and Atlanta shows are a HUGE deal.  Wish Coheed was supporting for the whole tour though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2709 on: February 15, 2012, 02:52:05 PM »
HOLY SHIT!!!!  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2710 on: February 15, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
Yep, my buddy texted me about this today. We are going to try to drive out to the Denver show  :biggrin:

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #2711 on: February 15, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »

Camden you iain.

Offline CrimsonE

« Reply #2712 on: February 15, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
This is great news.  I was living in Knoxville when Maiden was on the Somewhere Back on Tour gigs, and they didn't come anywhere in the south, and thus I missed it.  I caught them in Cleveland on the early leg of the Final Frontier tour, where they focused heavily on the comeback material, and it was a great show.  But to have them right in Atlanta where I'm now living is a godsend.  I'm THERE without a doubt. 
In the heart of your most solemn barren night
When your souls turn inside out
Have you questioned all the madness you invite?
What your life is all about

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2713 on: February 15, 2012, 07:57:04 PM »
Jones Beach or Newark..with the wife!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2714 on: February 15, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
I'm so PUMPED. I cannot wait. I'll be at the Newark show, and it's time to rejoin the fan club to get the best tickets.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2715 on: February 16, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »
great news, what sucks is that Alice Cooper is finishing up the tour just before Maiden hits my area.  Oh well, always awesome to see IM regardless.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #2716 on: February 16, 2012, 04:02:06 AM »
Awesome! Hopefully they come to Aus!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2717 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21:56 AM »
This news blew my mind. I can't wait for the European dates.  :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2718 on: February 16, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »
great news, what sucks is that Alice Cooper is finishing up the tour just before Maiden hits my area.  Oh well, always awesome to see IM regardless.
I still cannot believe this anouncement. Unfortunately Maiden and DT did not play around here in 2010 but this is the next best thing. I'm probably DTF's biggest Alice fan. I cannot wait for this show.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2719 on: February 16, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »

Camden you iain.

That is the more likely of the options.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2720 on: February 16, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »
Based on the press release, I really like how much work they're putting into keeping the tickets off the second-hand market.
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2721 on: February 16, 2012, 06:39:06 PM »
It's nice in principle, but it doesn't work at all. Sure, some tickets end up being ticketless, but those are a pain in the ass for those who get them, and it only means that the tickets that do end up in the hands of scalpers end up going for more than they typically would. The market works itself out in the end and all you've done is created extra hassle.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2722 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »
You show up with credit card in hand...end of story.  How is that a pain in the ass??
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2723 on: February 16, 2012, 08:16:56 PM »
Because people often don't remember to have the card they purchased the ticket with on them, or they bring the wrong card, or they bring an ID not realizing that's not enough. I realize that's all partially due to their own stupidity, but I've seen all of this happening. And if there is a problem in a line when gates open, people get screwed because some lines will move and others will not. I had a friend who waited all day, being one of the first in line get screwed in this manner and end up 5th row in the pit behind people who had been waiting an hour.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2724 on: February 16, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »
People just aren't used to the paperless system because it's not as widely used. It's great if you actually know how to use it.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2725 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
Or if their credit card expires between now and the show 6 months from now.  Or if it's stolen and renumbered.  Or if they end up sick and want to get their ticket to their mother.  Or if one of their group has to go to the show late because of work. 

And in the end, none of it will make a damn bit of difference since they won't be selling any of the good seats to the general public anyway.  Those will be held back and released closer to the show as normal tickets, which the scalpers will snag as soon as they hit the open market.  Scalpers are only interested in two kinds of tickets. Good seats that will fetch a premium, and any seat in an event that'll be a fast sell out.  The onsale and presale dates won't have either.

I'd like to believe that they're going to step it up for the fans, but it's not going to happen.  Like I said in a different thread, if they don't understand what the problem is, they can't do anything to rectify it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #2726 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:48 AM »
Why would an expired card matter? I mean, just bring the expired card that you ALREADY PAID FULL PRICE with.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #2727 on: February 17, 2012, 01:07:50 AM »
Going to both the Calgary and Edmonton shows  :metal I'll be 18 by then and thats the legal drinking age in Alberta. This will be a good way for me to celebrate my highschool grad  :metal
May The Force Be With You.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #2728 on: February 17, 2012, 01:47:35 AM »
Will most likely spring for this. Haven't been to a big show in well over a year, so I think I'm overdue. Plus Cooper opening is a nice perk.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2729 on: February 17, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
I can tell you that the best tickets get sold out in the moment the fan club presale happens. I know this because thats how I twice gotten almost to the front barrier (you need to win the fan club contest to be on the barrier). Ive done this twice and once was 15 minutes late and couldnt get floor tickets. Im sure they hold some back, but I think maiden is good at getting the best tickets to thier dedicated fans.