Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 436414 times)

Offline Ruba

Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #2660 on: December 16, 2011, 03:51:25 AM »
Bruce, Ian Anderson, Justin Haywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfN-woMpD04

Jerusalem.  This is one of the most amazing vocal performances ever.  GuineaPig will love this.  Bruce hasn't lost anything.  Amazing he can sing like this still, yet Kevin made him sound old weak and tired on TFF.  I thought he was losing his voice when I listend to TFF, this proves that wrong.

WONDERFUL!!!  :heart :heart :heart

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #2661 on: January 02, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
So apparently Adrian Smith and Mikee Goodman from SikTh are doing a project together and the album is getting released in February. I think this was posted somewhere in this thread, but I'm too lazy to look for it. :D

https://www.primalrockrebellion.com/

There's even a track up already. Seems interesting, a lot more straightforward than the little SikTh I've heard. Pretty damn good solo though.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2662 on: January 02, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
What a random collab. Could be cool.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline GunsOfThePatriots

« Reply #2663 on: January 08, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2664 on: January 08, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »
EPIC SONG  =====>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Inyg70V-QI&ob=av3e
I LOVE the Death On The Road version. In fact, Death On The Road is probably my favorite Maiden live album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2665 on: January 08, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »
I found a copy of the original Powerslave that isn't defective! WOOOOOOOOOO

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #2666 on: January 09, 2012, 04:53:01 AM »
NEW SONG FROM THE NEW ADRIAN SMITH SIDE-PROJECT

From https://www.primalrockrebellion.com/

Iron Maiden guitarist Adrian Smith and former SikTh front-man Mikee Goodman have joined forces for a brand new studio project called Primal Rock Rebellion.

The forthcoming album fuses together two very different approaches to music - Mikee's unique vocal tones and dark, yet colourful lyrics, and Adrian's instantly recognisable guitar melodies and song writing prowess. Adrian also plays bass throughout the album! All songs were co-written by Adrian and Mikee as individual pieces of work and recorded in creative windows of opportunity.

Adrian comments "It was interesting doing this album with Mikee not least because we have quite different influences. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. It has a really fresh feel to it."

Mikee explains "This album takes you on a really deep and colourful journey, lyrically and musically. Adrian and I were both very open to experimenting with each others' musical styles and influences, which we feel created something new and exciting."

Session musicians who also contributed to this forthcoming album include Abi Fry of Bat For Lashes, plus original SikTh member Dan 'Loord' Foord on drums, amongst others. The resulting album, is due for simultaneous worldwide release on Spinefarm Records on 27th February 2012.

Go to the website to listen to the song. Pretty different for Adrian!

EDIT: Opps.. somebody have allready linked to it.. My bad..  :)

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #2667 on: January 09, 2012, 05:49:58 AM »
Sounds cool and interesting!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2668 on: January 10, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
Getting my daughter on the right path early:

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2669 on: January 10, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »
:metal
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2670 on: January 10, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »
:clap:
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2671 on: January 10, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2672 on: January 10, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »
:2metal:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2673 on: January 17, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
Awesome pic Chris!

I can't link with my phone, but Maiden just announced a live CD/DVD due in late March!
I hope Steve Harris did NOT edit this!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2675 on: January 17, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »
Another tour, another live release. But hey, I'm not complaining.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2676 on: January 17, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
This is gonna be awesome. South American audiences are always brilliant, and it was a great tour, saw them twice on it and I'm really happy to have it on live DVD.  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2677 on: January 17, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »
Ive been waiting for this announcement since they recorded the chile and argentina shows. Color me excited.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2678 on: January 17, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
Awesome news, I'm always down for a Maiden DVD.  What was the band's performance like on this day?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2679 on: January 17, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
DVD DISC ONE "LIVE AT ESTADIO NACIONAL, SANTIAGO" (approx running time 120 mins)
1. Satellite 15
2. The Final Frontier
3. El Dorado
4. 2 Minutes To Midnight
5. The Talisman
6. Coming Home
7. Dance Of Death
8. The Trooper
9. The Wicker Man
10.Blood Brothers
11.When The Wild Wind Blows
12.The Evil That Men Do
13.Fear Of The Dark
14.Iron Maiden
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Running Free

BONUS DISC - DVD DISC TWO "BEHIND THE BEAST" (approx running time 102 mins)
1.Behind The Beast documentary
2.Satellite 15...The Final Frontier promo video (director's cut)
3.The Making of Satellite 15...The Final Frontier promo
4.The Final Frontier World Tour Show Intro

I think I am good on IM DVDs for a while, not to mention a serious lack of free time at home, and that setlist isn't enough for me to buy this. Though I am really intrigued by the documentary. I like watching behind the scenes type stuff like that.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2680 on: January 17, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »
The Lovely Mrs. TAC has informed me that my On Board Flight 666 book has arrived and will be waiting for me when I get home from work! :metal

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2681 on: January 17, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »
That's an ordinary setlist and beside Wild Wind, a poor selection of songs from the new album IMO.  I will still get this though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2682 on: January 17, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »
Well, it has The Talisman and Coming Home,my two favorite songs on TFF. My only complaint is that there are no AMOLAD tracks, the only album of the Reunion Era where we didn't get a live album after the tour!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2683 on: January 17, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
I would have loved to see The Alchemist, Starblind and Isle of Avalon over these.

I really wanted a live DVD from the AMOLAD tour.  I thought there were plans to release a DVD of a show where they performed the whole album.  That would have been fucking killer!

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2684 on: January 17, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »
I would have loved to see The Alchemist, Starblind and Isle of Avalon over these.

I really wanted a live DVD from the AMOLAD tour.  I thought there were plans to release a DVD of a show where they performed the whole album.  That would have been fucking killer!
Yeah, agreed Wolf. AMOLAD is my fave Maiden album.

I'm pretty happy with the TFF songs chosen for that tour but I would swap out El Dorado for Mother of Mercy or Isle of Avalon.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: January 17, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
Yeah, El Dorado is easily the weakest on the album.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2686 on: January 17, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
Yeah, El Dorado is easily the weakest on the album.

So weak it won a grammy  ;D

I do wish they got some AMOLAD songs on video/cd.  I was lucky enough to see them during the AMOLAD tour as well as the summer tour before TFF tour so I got to see all the songs plus a few more twice, but out of all the reuinion albums, that one deserves the concert dvd/cd treatment the most.

While I will buy this up and love it (IM fanboy), I do wish they would sneak in a few more gems in place of the same ole same ole songs. I know IM well enough that they don't stick in gems for certain shows, but a man can dream.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #2687 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:15 PM »
All the non-Final Frontier songs on this album have already been featured on one or more live albums in the past, right? What's the point?

Offline Ruba

« Reply #2688 on: January 18, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »
What's the point?

£££.

Setlist is boring. I saw them once live and that's enough. And Satellite 15... The Final Frontier is the shittiest opener ever. First they play the great Doctor Doctor through PA, I start to be very enthusiastic, and then comes fucking long stupid intro, that kills the momentum very effectively.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #2689 on: January 18, 2012, 12:45:37 AM »
whoops

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: January 18, 2012, 12:50:17 AM »
Great to see we're getting Coming Home on an official release. It's one of my favourites from the latest album. Would have loved to see The Alchemist too though.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2691 on: January 18, 2012, 11:57:38 AM »
I always hoped that Maiden would do a tour and play nothing but the most obscure tracks from their history.  Then release a DVD/CD of that.  Regardless, like usual, I will buy this one lol.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2692 on: January 18, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »
I always hoped that Maiden would do a tour and play nothing but the most obscure tracks from their history.  Then release a DVD/CD of that.  Regardless, like usual, I will buy this one lol.
Yeah, I agree. I remember when I was a kid, I'd wish a band would release a live album from every tour. Why wait so long between them? I realize Maiden plays many of the same somgs each tour, but like Rush, they always have a strong dose of new material.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2693 on: January 18, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
Yeah, I agree. I remember when I was a kid, I'd wish a band would release a live album from every tour. Why wait so long between them? I realize Maiden plays many of the same somgs each tour, but like Rush, they always have a strong dose of new material.

Us old fogies who've seen multiple tour want to see the new songs and obscure stuff.  We've heard Tom Saywer & Run To The Hills a thousand times.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2694 on: January 18, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
Yup.  I'd be happy never hearing FotD again.  That's why I loved the last Maiden tour so much.  Down here,  we only get greatest hits tours out of them.  They never come to Texas for the album tours.  On the Maiden/DT tour,  they played quite a few songs that I didn't expect to get to see played live.  Personally,  I'd like to have seen that tour get a DVD release. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson