Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 432534 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 02:35:40 PM »
Saw Flight 666 last night.  Oh Boy.....

I was smiling in my pants right from the opening punch of Aces High! Hi-Def made it so you could see the sweat dripping off the heads of everyone involved.  So crisp and clear!  So powah!  So energy!!  I HIGHLY reccomend any Maiden fan to check this out, theres only a 1-week run in my city so i'm gonna have to go again in the next week.  Anyone else seen it?  Glorious!
We only got a 1 day run down here.  Regardless, since I was at one of the shows I feel obligated to actually buy this DVD, so that's where my $13 will go; not to Cinemarke.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:15 PM »
Yeah i'll definately be getting the DVD, hopefully there'll be a plethora of extras to enjoy.  But just to experience seeing Maiden on the big screen just seems like such an achievement for the band and not to mention the pure awesome of having your face melted with some awesome music in a place usually reserved soppy romance and cheesy action movies.  But its different for me seeing how slim my chances are of seeing them live on a regular basis.   >:(

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »
Well, I think all that's confirmed is disc 1 documentary, disc 2 show.  So I don't know whether there will be extras or not.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 02:53:57 PM »
Well, even if its just the setlist on the second disc i'll be a happy man.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 03:49:12 PM »
I just listened to Brighter Than A Thousand Suns live second night at Stockholm (FM boot).  It is an incredibly amazing song, and even better live.  Does anybody else have that version?
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 03:57:03 PM »
I've got the download festival boot, its pretty amazing on that.  One of the best songs on that album.  Did anyone see the live at abbey road broadcast?  That was pretty sweet. H's whammy ftw

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 03:58:14 PM »
I've got the download festival boot, its pretty amazing on that.  One of the best songs on that album.  Did anyone see the live at abbey road broadcast?  That was pretty sweet. H's whammy ftw

It's WAAAAY better than the Download festival performance.  Look it up, it shouldn't be too hard.

AMOLAD live + 5 other great songs + very high quality FM boot + Sweden + amazing performance = Awesome

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »
Sweetabix, will definately have to.

(FLIGHT 666 SPOILERS AHEAD!!!)

Hey did anyone notice the mixing session with Kevin and Steve on Flight 666?  AMOLAD had already been released and they were mixing a song off that (cant remember what it was) Maybe theres a live album on the way?  One can dream...

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »
I thought someone said it was editing of Longest Day and For the Greater Good of God.

And btw, here are rapidshare links to that boot.  Mods, this is OK right, as its not official?

https://rapidshare.com/files/181166298/Stockholm_18.11.2006_clean.part1.rar
https://rapidshare.com/files/180830339/Stockholm_18.11.2006_clean.part2.rar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
GP, is this with the DJ's removed or not? I have it, but the DJ's are still on it. I know there was a version available without them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »
Removed.  I wouldn't set anybody up with bad links!

P.S. If you don't believe me, it says "clean" in the rapidshare link

P.P.S.  Absolutely cracking version of Lord of Light

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
I thought someone said it was editing of Longest Day and For the Greater Good of God.

And btw, here are rapidshare links to that boot.  Mods, this is OK right, as its not official?

thanks GP.  And i thought the album had been released waay before the tour.  So maybe editing live footage?  I'm gonna watch it again this week, i'll keep a closer eye.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »

thanks GP.  And i thought the album had been released waay before the tour.  So maybe editing live footage?  I'm gonna watch it again this week, i'll keep a closer eye.
Yeah, that's what I heard.  Live editing of Longest Day and FTGGOG.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »
P.S. If you don't believe me, it says "clean" in the rapidshare link

Then I'll grab the upgrade. Thank you!!!!

...and why wouldn't I believe you?? Your word is good here!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »

Yeah, that's what I heard.  Live editing of Longest Day and FTGGOG.

Ah sorry dude.

Hope it is!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »
These pics were in the old forum, so I'll get them back in this thread.

I want to dedicate this pic taken at The Ritz on June 8th, 1992 (about an hour after DT played on the same stage!) to Guinea Pig for being so nice to post the link to the Sweden show!

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 05:01:14 PM »
If you think that'd make me feel good, you're wrong because now I'm dead set on murdering you out of jealousy  ;D

P.S. Lock your doors

P.P.S. thanks, I like Steve's shirt!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

I was smiling in my pants right from the opening punch of Aces High! Hi-Def made it so you could see the sweat dripping off the heads of everyone involved.  So crisp and clear!  So powah!  So energy!!  I HIGHLY reccomend any Maiden fan to check this out, theres only a 1-week run in my city so i'm gonna have to go again in the next week.  Anyone else seen it?  Glorious!

I saw it last week in NYC.  Great documentary and as you say, the picture is stunning, the sound is superb (thanks Caveman), and the interviews are great.  I may be buying a blu-ray player for this release.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 05:25:59 PM »
If you think that'd make me feel good, you're wrong because now I'm dead set on murdering you out of jealousy  ;D

P.S. Lock your doors

P.P.S. thanks, I like Steve's shirt!

Yes!  The Zappa shirt.  Awesome.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 11:14:37 PM »
Top 5 albums:

The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden (self-titled)
Piece of Mind
Killers
Seventh Son of A Seventh Son

Concerts:

July 21/82, with Scorpions (headliners)/Girlschool
June 29/83, with Saxon/Fastway
December 9/84, with Twisted Sister
April 26/87, with Waysted
May 30/88, with Guns N Roses
September 20/00, with Queensryche/Halford
June 3/08, with the Lauren Harris Band

All of the above shows were at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2009, 04:11:12 AM »
That would have been Dickinson then with QR and Halford would it? Pity they never did the "Trinity" thing as obviously they're still in touch.

Offline Wrath42147

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2009, 04:34:24 PM »
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
The Number of the Beast
Brave New World
A Matter of Life and Death
 Dance of Death
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
The X Factor
Iron Maiden
Killers
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:31:09 PM by Wrath42147 »

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2009, 05:40:20 PM »

I saw it last week in NYC.  Great documentary and as you say, the picture is stunning, the sound is superb (thanks Caveman), and the interviews are great.  I may be buying a blu-ray player for this release.

I'm gonna get a PS3 instead so i can watch Flight 666 and play Ed Hunter at the same time :neverusethis:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:55 AM »
Top 5 albums:

The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden (self-titled)
Piece of Mind
Killers
Seventh Son of A Seventh Son

Concerts:

July 21/82, with Scorpions (headliners)/Girlschool
June 29/83, with Saxon/Fastway
December 9/84, with Twisted Sister
April 26/87, with Waysted
May 30/88, with Guns N Roses
September 20/00, with Queensryche/Halford
June 3/08, with the Lauren Harris Band

All of the above shows were at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver

Wow, that 82 show must've been great. Scorps on the Blackout out tour to boot!
Some great shows listed!!

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »
I still can't get into anything outside of Powerslave, Number of the Beast and Brave New World...

Any ideas? :(

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »
I still can't get into anything outside of Powerslave, Number of the Beast and Brave New World...

Well those three albums have three sort of different sounds to them which is suprising that you don't like the other albums that sound like the ones you listed.

Number of the Beast is similar to Piece of Mind
Powerslave is similar to Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (minus the addition of synths)
Brave New World is similar to Dance of Death and A Matter of Life in Death

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »

Stop sucking so hard and appreciate the best metal band in the history of the world  ;D

Well, seriously, try listening to a live release.  I'd suggest Rock in Rio.  Maiden live are far better than what they are in studio, because there's just so much more energy in their songs live.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
Watch Live After Death and make sure you have a pair of clean underwear nearby :metal
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

Stop sucking so hard and appreciate the best metal band in the history of the world  ;D

Well, seriously, try listening to a live release.  I'd suggest Rock in Rio.  Maiden live are far better than what they are in studio, because there's just so much more energy in their songs live.

Oh wait, I love that too :D

And is that avatar Dickinson ripping up a sign saying play classics?  :lol

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »

Oh wait, I love that too :D

And is that avatar Dickinson ripping up a sign saying play classics?  :lol

Yes it is.  ;D Setting someone straight on the A Matter Of Life And Death tour.

Speaking of which, I'd also suggest downloading the bootleg I linked to above.  It showcases Maiden's most recent (and in my opinion, one of their best) album live in its entirety as well as some other great songs.  Also, it shows how awesome an "average" Maiden show is.

As far as studio albums, if you like DT, you should love Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.  Very progressive.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »
Is it new album year 2009?

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »
Is it new album year 2009?

No, summer 2010

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 04:59:27 AM »
I hope the next album will be something really special.. AMOLAD was amazing! A top notch album! But kind of kept the same formula as BNW and DOD (The first song is a single.. some rockers, some epics and something a bit different at the end..)
I love that, but i hope they will blow me away so hard that i can't listen to another album for months.. Kind of like when i first picked up Powerslave and Number of the beast..
This next album may be their last! (Steve said that in the past they have said that their 15th album would be their last..) So, i hope they do something so spectacular that it'll leave everyone speachless! (I know they can do it, so i'll hope for this..)
However, if the next album is only as half as good as AMOLAD, it will be good, and i won't be completely dissapointed..
Up the irons! :metal

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2009, 10:19:26 PM »
Read somewhere that Adrian is keen for at least a few more albums after the 15th.  He could do a solo album of him shredding backstage and i would buy it

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2009, 07:12:54 AM »
I heard H musing about another album with Bruce.  I'll see if I can find the link