Author Topic: Riverside - New album ID.Entity out January 20 2023  (Read 133752 times)

Offline frogprog

Re: Riverside (merged thread)
« Reply #980 on: December 06, 2020, 01:54:25 PM »
Lost and Found arrived in the mail yesterday and it's really good. I watched a few songs on the DVD and had chills watching Piotr play. Sad, but awesome at the same time. What a great band.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #981 on: December 14, 2020, 08:36:02 PM »
My copy just arrived today. The sound on this is excellent. Listening to Egoist Hedonist now. The mix on this is really good.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #982 on: January 11, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »
The band have provided an update for 2021 and forward:

Greetings,

We haven't yet had a chance to say hello officially in 2021, so let us do it now. We hope that this year, even though here and there it didn't start very well, will mark the beginning of a return to normality, which we wish from to all of us the bottom of our hearts.

What was 2020 like? Apart from what we all know?

We managed to survive it, and we owe it to your support and trust. In March, we somehow made it to 9 concerts from the "With the Sun Tour". Obviously, for the known reasons, we didn't get everywhere we'd planned to go :( We still hope that, at the first opportunity, we will be able to catch up on playing in front of live audiences but we don't know when that might be.

In December, we released two live albums. One is the official reissue of the "Lost and Found" show from 2015, enhanced with a DVD, and released this time on Inside Out. The other is an unofficial collection of different live performances from "Wasteland Tour 2018-2020". The latter was distributed in exchange for tickets to the cancelled shows in Poland, but please note that from this year, you can get this release if you are a member of our fan club. So we encourage you to sign up for "Shelter of Mine" :)

Most of all though, 2020 was the year of individual work for us:
Piotr focused on his shop, "Vintage Vinyl" (thanks to which, among others, our concert Box was released).
Michał shared his first solo track, "Breathe", followed by a few keyboard improvisations ("Sessions"), and then he let all the impatient fans know that he had finally finished working on his debut album, which will be released in 2021.
Maciej, who finally became the fourth member of Riverside at the beginning of 2020, also finished working on his album and released it straightaway. "Zenith" was out in September to many  favourable reviews.
Mariusz, in turn, presented his first solo songs released under his name: "The Song of a Dying Memory" and "Are You Ready for the Sun", then his first solo experimental-electronic album, "Lockdown Spaces", and finished with "Through Shaded Woods", the seventh (double!) album of Lunatic Soul.

As you can see, 2020 was quite busy in the Riverside Universum. Looks like all we need to do is stop playing concerts ;)

What will 2021 be like? Apart from what we all think?

First of all, Riverside are returning to the rehearsal room! And that's where we will definitely start preparing for our... attention: 20th anniversary! Yes, we find it hard to believe as well, but Riverside is 20 years old in 2021! So what does it mean? How to reconcile our anniversary celebrations with the pandemic? We will definitely come up with something interesting :)

Apart from that, it is our pleasure to let you know that we will also be working on the successor to "Wasteland". It's hard to tell at the moment what the new sounds will be like, but after a decade of melancholy, we would surely like to go back to heavier and more intense music. Out eighth release will definitely be heavier. What we don't know yet is the shape of the third release with "in my head" in its title, which will be out before the full album :)

So these are our plans: we're going back to the rehearsal room, we're going to work on new material for one or two releases, think and plan our anniversary, and, obviously, let you know about everything on our social media.

Thank you for being with us last year, thank you for being with us now, we hope you will stay with us in the future. Together, it will definitely be easier to survive another difficult hear. Let's hope everything will go in the right direction!
Take care of yourselves, be strong, be healthy and stay in touch. And once again, all the best for the new year!

Your Riverside
https://www.facebook.com/100044566470597/posts/247729076722640/

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #983 on: January 11, 2021, 01:26:00 PM »
Hoping the new "in my head" release is along the lines of Memories In My Head. That's one of my favorite Riverside releases.

Also, very excited for the heavier direction. Bring it on!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline faizoff

« Reply #984 on: January 11, 2021, 01:28:32 PM »
Nice update! Still need to order the live album, been slacking.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #985 on: January 11, 2021, 09:45:13 PM »
Hoping the new "in my head" release is along the lines of Memories In My Head. That's one of my favorite Riverside releases.

You summed up everything I was thinking! Especially happy to hear about the heavier direction. ADHD remains my favorite album of theirs, and a return to that direction would be warmly welcomed!
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #986 on: January 12, 2021, 01:26:11 AM »

You summed up everything I was thinking! Especially happy to hear about the heavier direction. ADHD remains my favorite album of theirs, and a return to that direction would be warmly welcomed!

Exactly this. I Like Riverside (though I'm not the biggest fan of them) but I always thought they could have made more out of the heavier style they introduced in ADHD. It's definitely my favourite album of the band.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #987 on: February 12, 2021, 07:59:33 AM »
Polish progressive rock masters RIVERSIDE are releasing their legendary “Out Of Myself” debut-album from 2003 for the first time ever via InsideOutMusic worldwide (Outside of Poland!) today.
In order to promote the much overdue re-issue and at the same time remind about the recent “Lost’n’Found - Live in Tilburg” release, the live-version of “The Same River” - the epic opening track of “Out Of Myself” - from said retrospective live-album is being launched today.

Check out the live-clip for “The Same River (Live in Tilburg)” here: https://youtu.be/nfEq4w_Cuco

Offline pfillion

« Reply #988 on: April 19, 2021, 06:22:26 PM »

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #989 on: April 25, 2021, 10:35:01 AM »
I listened to Lunatic Soul's Through Shaded Woods for the first time on Friday on my 5h drive home. After I finished, I listened to it again, and then I listened to it two more times. During the same trip  :lol Since then, I have heard it three more times. Needless to say, I absolutely loved it and absolutely did not expect it to be SO good. I think this somber folklore/slightly slavic, acoustic style of arrangement and instrumentation suits Mariusz' melodies and voice VERY well. Along with Anno Domini, this might be my favorite album out of all the ones I know from the Riverside universe (don't know all of them yet). Blown away!
any rock can be made to roll

Offline pfillion

« Reply #990 on: May 28, 2021, 02:38:11 PM »
New Michał Łapaj song (feat. Mick Moss from Antimatter)

https://youtu.be/GtJbcQIqBIc

Offline pfillion

« Reply #991 on: July 16, 2021, 09:39:08 AM »
Michal Lapaj - "Are You There" is out today

Offline pfillion

« Reply #992 on: July 23, 2021, 08:20:38 AM »
Excellent review of the new Michal Lapaj album

https://theprogmind.com/2021/07/23/michal-lapaj-are-you-there/

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #993 on: October 07, 2021, 12:55:48 PM »
Hello! We already have the title, the cover (made by Travis Smith) and the release date of the new Riverside single!

"Story of My Dream" is the first studio song we recorded in the new line-up with Maciej Meller and will be out in 4 weeks, on October 27th.

More info soon! :)

Znamy już tytuł, okładkę (autorstwa Travisa Smitha) i datę premiery nowego singla Riverside. Premiera "Story of My Dream" już za cztery tygodnie - 27 października.

Będzie to pierwsze nagranie studyjne nagrane w nowym składzie z Maciejem Mellerem.

Więcej informacji wkrótce! :)

https://www.facebook.com/100044566470597/posts/415625409933005/

New single coming soon! Very exciting news!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #994 on: October 07, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »
Hello! We already have the title, the cover (made by Travis Smith) and the release date of the new Riverside single!

"Story of My Dream" is the first studio song we recorded in the new line-up with Maciej Meller and will be out in 4 weeks, on October 27th.

More info soon! :)

Znamy już tytuł, okładkę (autorstwa Travisa Smitha) i datę premiery nowego singla Riverside. Premiera "Story of My Dream" już za cztery tygodnie - 27 października.

Będzie to pierwsze nagranie studyjne nagrane w nowym składzie z Maciejem Mellerem.

Więcej informacji wkrótce! :)

https://www.facebook.com/100044566470597/posts/415625409933005/

New single coming soon! Very exciting news!

-Marc.

:tup

Offline Lethean

« Reply #995 on: October 07, 2021, 06:03:23 PM »
Looking forward to it!  Pretty much everything Riverside does is great.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #996 on: October 08, 2021, 06:42:43 AM »
Great stuff! I too have never been disappointed by any album from this band. In fact I think I love their new direction a lot more than the initial offerings.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline pfillion

« Reply #997 on: October 08, 2021, 09:27:22 AM »
They have played the new song live a few weeks ago

https://youtu.be/61-bBo33t3M

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #998 on: October 08, 2021, 09:59:11 AM »
They have played the new song live a few weeks ago

https://youtu.be/61-bBo33t3M

That sounds good, can't wait to hear the studio version
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #999 on: October 18, 2021, 01:03:42 PM »
Hi Everyone! Next wednesday (27.10.2021) you will hear the new Riverside song "Story of My Dream"

"Story of My Dream" is a composition prepared especially for our 20th Anniversary. We wanted it to contain all the characteristic elements of our style, and to combine Riverside from the first decade, when we sounded a bit "heavier", and Riverside from the second decade, the more melancholic-song-oriented one. The lyrics contain direct quotes and references to many of our previous song titles. To reflect that, the cover of the single, prepared by Travis Smith, also contains fragments of our past covers and graphic designs.

"Story of My Dream" is the first song we recorded in the new line-up, with Maciej Meller (as an official member). It's also, in a way, a taste of the way we're going to sound on our new, eighth album (scheduled for 2022). Although the single itself is not going to be on it, it will be the opening track of THIS YEAR'S RELEASE - "RIVERSIDE 20", containing remastered versions of some of our past compositions.

More info soon!

Witajcie! Już w następna środę (27.10.2021) usłyszycie nasz najnowszy utwór "Story of My Dream".

"Story of My Dream" to kompozycja przygotowana specjalnie na nasze 20-lecie. Chcieliśmy, żeby zawierała wszystkie elementy charakterystyczne dla naszego stylu i była połączeniem Riverside z pierwszej dekady, gdzie graliśmy "ostrzej", i Riverside z drugiej dekady, tej bardziej melancholijno-piosenkowej. Warstwa liryczna zawiera cytaty, wersy i odniesienia do wielu tytułów naszych wcześniejszych utworów. Okładka singla, przygotowana przez Travisa Smitha również zawiera fragmenty naszych dawnych okładek i grafik.

"Story of My Dream" to pierwszy utwór powstały w nowym czteroosobowym składzie, z Maciejem Mellerem jako oficjalnym członkiem. To również - w pewnym sensie - zwiastun brzmienia, które pojawi się na nowym, ósmym albumie zespołu (2022). I chociaż sam singiel się na nim nie znajdzie, będzie za to pieśnią otwarcia NOWEGO TEGOROCZNEGO WYDAWNICTWA - "RIVERSIDE 20" zawierającego na nowo zremasterowane wersje wybranych utworów zespołu.

Więcej informacji niebawem!

So we are getting a compilation this year (with the new single on it), and then next year, their 8th album! Very exciting stuff!

-Marc.

Offline pfillion

« Reply #1000 on: October 26, 2021, 05:16:04 PM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 06:17:28 PM by pfillion »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1001 on: October 27, 2021, 07:26:31 AM »
The new single came up on my Spotify this morning.

I really liked it.  Tasty.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1002 on: October 27, 2021, 07:32:44 AM »
Yeah I listened to it on my lunch break. I like it.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline pfillion

« Reply #1003 on: October 27, 2021, 07:52:22 AM »

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1004 on: October 27, 2021, 08:10:09 AM »
Love all the lyrical references to previous songs in their catalog.  Reminds me of Megadeth's "Victory" from Youthanasia.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1005 on: October 27, 2021, 08:44:04 AM »
Wonder if we are still getting another 'in my head' release. They mentioned that in January but no mention in the latest note.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #1006 on: October 27, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1007 on: October 27, 2021, 09:58:10 AM »
Just what I needed this morning, great song.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Riverside
« Reply #1008 on: October 27, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »
The thread became merged on October 1, 2009.

Surely it's OK with everyone if I remove "(merged thread)" from the thread title?

I mean, I hope so, because I did.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1009 on: October 27, 2021, 01:44:30 PM »

Surely it's OK with everyone if I remove "(merged thread)" from the thread title?

Sure, but maybe also put something about them celebrating 20 years with a compilation and a new album in 2022.

As for the new single, I liked it! I'm actually wearing my Riverside t-shirt today by mere coincidence and am now in the mood to listen to some Riverside as a break from the storm of DT I've been spinning for the last week+.

-Marc.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1010 on: October 27, 2021, 01:48:05 PM »

Sure, but maybe also put something about them celebrating 20 years with a compilation and a new album in 2022.
How's that?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1011 on: October 27, 2021, 02:12:46 PM »

How's that?

-Marc.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Riverside - something about them celebrating 20 years etc etc
« Reply #1012 on: October 28, 2021, 12:04:12 AM »
:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline pfillion

« Reply #1013 on: December 07, 2021, 03:02:16 PM »
Riverside 2022 North American Tour

April 2 Hell at The Masquerade, Atlanta, GA

April 3 Exit / In, Nashville, TN

April 5 Amplified Live, Dallas, TX

April 6 Come And Take It Live, Austin, TX

April 8 The Nile Theater, Phoenix, AZ

April 9 The Glass House, Pomona, CA

April 10 Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA

April 12 Hawthorne Theatre, Portland, OR

April 13 Neumos, Seattle, WA

April 15 The State Room, Salt Lake City, UT

April 16 Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO

April 18 Amsterdam Bar and Hall, St. Paul, MN

April 19 Bottom Lounge, Chicago, IL

April 20 Magic Stick, Detroit, MI

April 22 The Opera House, Toronto, ON

April 23 Corona Theatre, Montreal, QC

April 24 Imperial Bell, Quebec City, QC

April 25 The Sinclair, Cambridge, MA

April 27 Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY

April 28 Toad’s Place, New Haven, CT

April 29 World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA

April 30 Baltimore SoundStage, Baltimore, MD

May 2-7 Cruise to the Edge, Port Canaveral, FL

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1014 on: December 07, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »
Why do people hate coming to Seattle on a weekend?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude