Author Topic: Riverside - New album ID.Entity out January 20 2023  (Read 134150 times)

Offline DTwwbwMP

Re: Riverside - something about them celebrating 20 years etc etc
« Reply #1015 on: December 07, 2021, 03:52:01 PM »
Riverside 2022 North American Tour

April 29 World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1016 on: December 08, 2021, 11:08:47 AM »
Why do people hate coming to Seattle on a weekend?
What do you mean, "on a weekend"?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1017 on: December 08, 2021, 11:13:50 AM »

I think this is the fourth or fifth band that has announced a tour recently and when they come to my local area they’re coming on a work night. It’s starting to get irritating.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1018 on: December 08, 2021, 11:20:57 AM »
Would love to see them, but none of those dates work for me  :natalieportman:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1019 on: December 08, 2021, 11:24:59 AM »
In my area the Monday after Easter, not the best scenario.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1020 on: December 08, 2021, 11:41:48 AM »
I'm going to Morsefest a day after the Boston show so I don't think I can go.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #1021 on: December 08, 2021, 11:58:14 AM »
FFS stop the whinging about blah blah blah and be thankful that Riverside are playing in your town/city and find a way to go:biggrin:
I'll never get a chance like this to see them close to me, it's an overseas trip and would cost me thousands.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1022 on: December 08, 2021, 12:56:32 PM »

I think this is the fourth or fifth band that has announced a tour recently and when they come to my local area they’re coming on a work night. It’s starting to get irritating.

It's almost like there's 5 work nights and only 2 weekend nights. :neverusethis:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #1023 on: December 08, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »
FFS stop the whinging about blah blah blah and be thankful that Riverside are playing in your town/city and find a way to go:biggrin:

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1024 on: December 08, 2021, 03:20:10 PM »
I'll probably grab a ticket. My biggest issue the last time I saw them was that there were a handful of songs in the set that they only played a fraction of instead of the whole thing, which was such a cocktease. Hopefully that'll be avoided this time around.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline pfillion

« Reply #1025 on: December 08, 2021, 03:56:25 PM »
MARIUSZ DUDA - "RACING THOUGHTS". Taken from the album "INTERIOR DRAWINGS", out December 10th, 2021.

https://youtu.be/j-EnI3albj8

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1026 on: December 08, 2021, 03:58:40 PM »
I'll never get a chance like this to see them close to me, it's an overseas trip and would cost me thousands.

YOU KNOW WHAT? you are right, I'm gonna try and make the NYC show. After what has been going on for almost 2 years now, I should take advantage of the opportunity of seeing a band o have been wanting to see for more than 5 years now, and haven't yet.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1027 on: December 08, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »
Man, I LOVE seeing a proper Riverside show, and they were amazing at World Cafe Live in Philly last time around, but I'll be at MorseFest at that time, so will have to miss that.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1028 on: December 09, 2021, 10:24:24 AM »
Maybe this will be the time I finally give them a chance.

Offline frogprog

« Reply #1029 on: December 10, 2021, 06:17:49 AM »
I definitely want to see Riverside (again) at The World Cafe Live in Philly. Last time was such a great show ( except for being locked out of the parking garage after the show!!)
I am a bit gun shy at purchasing tickets now, having been canceled or postponed on a few recent shows. The venue was GA and not nearly full so I think I will wait until spring to see which way the covid winds are blowing.

Offline Pettor

« Reply #1030 on: January 11, 2022, 10:48:27 PM »
Spotify just notified me about a new Riverside single called Creektrip. I imagine it's from their coming album this time (compared to Story of My Life) so excitement is ofc through the roof!

Edit: Haha omg this was just Spotify being Spotify. So it was some other electronic band that made this song. What a disappointment but also funny 😁 Damn you Spotify for hyping me. Also strange that Spotify though it would notify me about this other band that I obviously never listened to just based on them sharing the same name. Well well 😅
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:00:47 AM by Pettor »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1031 on: March 01, 2022, 03:49:38 PM »
TOUR DATES INCLUDING RECENTLY ANNOUNCED SOUTH AMERICAN DATES:

RIVERSIDE – North American Tour 2022
With special guests Keith Semple of The Cyberiam (for USA dates) & Randy McStine (for Canada dates)

April 2 Atlanta, GA - Hell at The Masquerade
April 3 Nashville, TN - Exit / In
April 5 Dallas, TX - Amplified Live
April 6 Austin, TX - Come And Take It Live
April 8 Phoenix, AZ - The Nile Theater
April 9 Pomona, CA - The Glass House
April 10 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
April 12 Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
April 13 Seattle, WA - Neumos
April 15 Salt Lake City, UT - The State Room
April 16 Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre
April 18 St. Paul, MN - Amsterdam Bar and Hall
April 19 Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
April 20 Detroit, MI - Magic Stick
April 22 Toronto, ON - The Opera House
April 23 Montreal, QC - Corona Theatre
April 24 Quebec City, QC - Imperial Bell
April 25 Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair
April 27 New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
April 28 New Haven, CT - Toad’s Place
April 29 Philadelphia, PA - World Cafe Live
April 30 Baltimore, MD - Baltimore SoundStage

May 2-7 Port Canaveral, FL - Cruise to the Edge
https://cruisetotheedge.com

RIVERSIDE – Latin American Tour 2022
May 8 Mexico City, Mexico - Auditorio Blackberry
May 10 Guadalajara, Mexico - C3
May 13 Santiago, Chile - Teatro Teleton
May 15 São Paulo, Brasil - Carioca Club

Ticket info for all shows can be found here: https://riversideband.pl/en/gigs/riverside-20

Stay tuned for more special, international anniversary shows to be announce soon…

RIVERSIDE – Launch special new single/video “Story of My Dream” to celebrate their 20th band-anniversary; Two “best of” compilations to be released!
Polish rock masters RIVERSIDE are celebrating their 20th band-anniversary in 2021 and have decided to record a very special new song entitled “Story of My Dream” to enhance the celebration. .

RIVERSIDE’s Mariusz Duda checked in to comment about the new track as follows:

“Story of My Dream” is a composition prepared especially for our 20th anniversary. We wanted it to contain all the characteristic elements of our style, and to combine Riverside from the first decade, when we sounded a bit “heavier”, and Riverside from the second decade, the more melancholic-song-oriented one. The lyrics contain direct quotes and references to many of our previous song titles. To reflect that, the cover of the single, prepared by Travis Smith, also contains fragments of our past covers and graphic designs.

“Story of My Dream” is the first song we recorded in the new line-up, with Maciej Meller. It's also, in a way, a taste of the way we're going to sound on our new, eighth album (scheduled for 2022). Although the single itself is not going to be on it, it will be the opening track of this year's release, “Riverside 20”, containing remastered versions of some of our past compositions.

In times of “retromania”, playlists, and all sorts of compilations, we thought it wouldn't be the worst idea to mark our 20th anniversary with this kind of release. The compilation will be split into two parts called “The Shorts” and “The Longs”, and will showcase our career to date, summarising what we've done so far and preparing us all for the upcoming new album, which will open another music chapter for Riverside.

What will the new album be like? You can find out in the lyrics to the new single, “Story of My Dream” :)

“Story of My Dream” is released today worldwide as Digital Single featuring artwork by Travis Smith (Opeth, Katatonia, etc.) and can be also checked out in a video clip directed by Tomasz Pulsakowski / Sightsphere here: https://youtu.be/-s7fedFOP88

And you can stream/download the song from your favourite online store here:
https://riverside.lnk.to/Riverside20

“Story of My Dream” was recorded and mixed at The Boogie Town Studio in Otwock, Poland during two days in July and five days in September 2021, engineered and mixed by Paweł Marciniak as well as mastered by Paweł Marciniak at Manximum Records in Łódź, Poland.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1032 on: March 01, 2022, 11:52:18 PM »
Just bought the new song. This is more like it. If this is an indication of the next album, count me in.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1033 on: March 02, 2022, 06:12:33 AM »
Have no idea how I missed that new track release back in Oct last year. It was fantastic and now can't wait for the new album. Will have to check out if that remastered compilation is much different from what we already got with previous albums.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1034 on: April 25, 2022, 09:15:34 PM »
Very glad I decided to go to the show in Cambridge tonight. The second half of the set was stellar.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1035 on: April 26, 2022, 06:23:24 AM »
I saw them in Toronto on Friday. So good!!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1036 on: April 26, 2022, 06:51:05 AM »
Very glad I decided to go to the show in Cambridge tonight. The second half of the set was stellar.

I wanted to go to the show but we are leaving this Thursday for Morsefest.  I love that venue.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1037 on: April 26, 2022, 12:46:35 PM »
I'm going to the Connecticut show on Thursday.  I figured it would be a little less crowded than the NYC show on Wednesday and I'd be able to get closer to the stage, etc.  I love Riverside so much and I'm pumped.  Out of my top 100 albums, Mariusz appears on 10 on them (7 Riverside and 3 Lunatic Soul).  The only artist with more appearances in my top 100 is Ray Alder with 11 (6 Fates Warning and 5 Redemption).  Kevin Moore and Mike Portnoy come in third with nine appearances each, lol. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1038 on: April 26, 2022, 12:55:01 PM »

I wanted to go to the show but we are leaving this Thursday for Morsefest.  I love that venue.

I was right up front initially but I realized after a few songs I'd be better off closer to the back, the sound was much better in front of the PA and with how elevated the stage is I could see everyone better further back, rather than staring at Mariusz's feet the whole show. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1039 on: April 26, 2022, 02:44:07 PM »

I was right up front initially but I realized after a few songs I'd be better off closer to the back, the sound was much better in front of the PA and with how elevated the stage is I could see everyone better further back, rather than staring at Mariusz's feet the whole show. :lol

If you get lucky go upstairs.  What a view.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1040 on: April 27, 2022, 12:05:23 AM »
"Get lucky" at a Riverside concert?

:zydar:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1041 on: April 27, 2022, 12:29:21 PM »
I'm going to the Connecticut show on Thursday.  I figured it would be a little less crowded than the NYC show on Wednesday and I'd be able to get closer to the stage, etc.  I love Riverside so much and I'm pumped.  Out of my top 100 albums, Mariusz appears on 10 on them (7 Riverside and 3 Lunatic Soul).  The only artist with more appearances in my top 100 is Ray Alder with 11 (6 Fates Warning and 5 Redemption).  Kevin Moore and Mike Portnoy come in third with nine appearances each, lol.

I've been listening to a lot of Riverside lately.  Every single album and I'd probably even say every song is really good.  They have a fantastic live show as well.

I haven't done a top 100 albums or anything but Mariucz would definitely be on a lot of them. All of the Lunatic Soul stuff is great as well.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1042 on: April 27, 2022, 12:48:50 PM »
I haven't done a top 100 albums or anything

Of course not, last time I checked Katatonia only had 12 albums! :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1043 on: April 27, 2022, 01:05:04 PM »
I haven't done a top 100 albums or anything

Of course not, last time I checked Katatonia only had 12 albums! :lol

11. And not all of them would make the list. :P

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1044 on: April 28, 2022, 06:50:21 AM »
Finally, after many years of wanting to see this band live, I got to see them yesterday and they were great.

Bad thing, I didn't realize the show was starting later than usual (Doors at 8pm, opener at 9pm and Riverside was on stage at 10pm). I ended up leaving a little early and didn't get to see them play my favorite song from them (Second Life Syndrome), because the parking lot where I parked was closing at midnight and I didn't want to get locked out. Regardless, everything that I did get to see, was great. The entire band sounded great and their music translate to a live setting so perfectly. Left Out and Escalator Shrine were highlights for me.

Hope to catch them again at some point.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1045 on: April 28, 2022, 01:26:48 PM »
Glad you got to see them!  Their setlist on this tour is amazing imo.

Offline frogprog

« Reply #1046 on: April 29, 2022, 02:02:55 PM »
Riverside in a few hours in Philly....can't wait!

Offline pfillion

« Reply #1047 on: April 29, 2022, 02:34:33 PM »
I saw them in Montreal last week, this was one of the best show I've seen in a long time.  Maciej Meller is such a great guitarist.   

They said that they will go back to the studio after the tour to complete the recording of the new album.   

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #1048 on: April 29, 2022, 02:38:18 PM »
Saw them last Friday in Toronto. As always great show. First show since Pandemic started. Last 2 shows before pandemic I saw were in 2019, Dream Theater and Tool the next day. 3 of my top 5 bands. Kinda neat.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: April 29, 2022, 03:00:22 PM »
I saw them last night in New Haven, CT.  They performed flawlessly, and the new guitarist Maciej Meller fits the band perfectly.  The crowd was a bit small, but that was expected since the band had already played Boston and NYC and this venue was between those two cities.  Mariusz said the band plans to release a new album in January or so and would likely be revisiting the U.S. again in February or March 2023.  Very cool! 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):