General > General Music Discussion

Anvil! The Story of Anvil on TV 10/3

<< < (2/3) > >>

Samsara:
I watched about 3/4 of it. I fell asleep during the last part (watched it at night). I liked the movie. Don't really dig the band (they didn't succeed, because frankly, they suck, lol). Eventually I'll pick up the film and finish watching it, or catch it again on VH-1.

Dr. DTVT:
I agree they aren't the greatest band...but damn I wish I was as passionate about anything as those guys are to their music.

PixelDream:
Just watched it after reading this thread.

It's really one of the most moving films I have ever seen. I was a bit surprised seeing guys like Lars Ulrich and Slash talk about Anvil with so much respect. I mean, I never even heard of them. I can only say I'm really glad for those guys that things are picking up for them. They really did it on their own, and every other band would have given up a hundred times already.

wkiml:
they just announced a 30 city tour for the US so the coverage from the film is obviously helping them

Samsara,  Anvil was a staple of the Thrash scene with their first 3 albums the problem I saw with them was they didn't take themselves very seriously at least from a lyrical sense as well as some of Lips's stage antics, but they wrote some incredible thrash riffs and Rob was a incredibly talented drummer for his time. By the time they realized that their content was not being taken seriously they had already missed the boat.

TAC:
I have Metal On Metal on Picture disc!
March Of The Crabs :metal :metal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version