Author Topic: Welcome To BuddyhunterKart! (Roulette v6) - ROUND 4 RESULTS  (Read 9777 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Welcome To BuddyhunterKart! (Roulette v6) - ROUND 2 SONG RESULTS
« Reply #350 on: May 25, 2024, 06:07:00 PM »
Wow, I'm sucking it big time. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #351 on: May 25, 2024, 06:19:19 PM »
damb, i liked my song way more than the abstract void one but tastes :corn

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2024, 06:23:47 PM »
God damn it. I guess I didn't pay attention in the way you did, as I didn't pick up on most of your complaints about Aquilus. Fair score based on your feelings though.

Got some stuff lined up that may such even harder. Do we get dice rolls for the items now?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2024, 06:29:32 PM »
I'll probably shoot myself with my bullet.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2024, 06:43:02 PM »
And now for the fun part...

---ROUND 2 ITEM RESULTS---

Firstly, a reminder of the current items:

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies (1st): Coin

King Postwhore (2nd): Star

Crow (3rd): Green Shell

LithoJazzoSphere (4th): Triple Mushroom

lonestar (5th): Mushroom

twosuitsluke (6th): Bob-omb

Metro (7th): Triple Green Shell

ReaperKK (8th): Triple Mushroom

Sacul (9th): Lightning

Ariich (10th): Triple Mushroom

TAC (11th): Bullet Bill

Elite (12th): Bullet Bill

---

Metro opts to SAVE his Triple Green Shell, which he will bring into the next item and not get a new item to replace it. The gambit may have paid off, as he did manage to climb quite a few rankings this round!

---

King PROTECTS with his Star, making him completely invincible for this round!

---

TAC and Elite, heading up the rear of the pack, both USE their Bullet Bills! TAC shoots up to Ariich's position, and Elite, right behind him, shoots up to Sacul's position!

TAC + 7 POINTS
Elite + 9 POINTS

---

Things are already heating up, but what's that Sacul has in his hand?

BZZZZZZRRRRRRRRT!!! Sacul USES his Lightning to strike everyone ahead of him! King is protected by his Star and does not lose any points, but nobody else is so lucky!

Puppies - 1 POINT
LithoJazzoSphere - 1 POINT
Metro - 1 POINT
Crow - 1 POINT
lonestar - 1 POINT
Ariich - 1 POINT

---

Crow opts to THROW her Green Shell at the current leader, Puppies! She shoots, and HITS! Take that, Puppies!

Puppies - 0.75 POINTS

---

Crow shouldn't get too comfortable though, because from behind, twosuitsluke THROWS a Bob-omb right at her! It explodes, not only catching her in the blast, but King and lonestar as well! King is once again protected by his Star, but Crow and lonestar both lose points!

Crow - 0.75 POINTS
lonestar - 0.75 POINTS

---

Finally, everyone who has Coins, Mushrooms, or Triple Mushrooms uses them to make up some lost ground!

Puppies + 0.2 POINTS
LithoJazzoSphere + 3 POINTS
lonestar + 1 POINT
Ariich + 3 POINTS
ReaperKK + 3 POINTS

---

And with that, we have our updated standings!

CURRENT STANDINGS

1: King Puppies And The Acid Guppies - 27.45
2: LithoJazzoSphere - 26
3: Metro - 23
4: King Postwhore - 23
5: Ariich - 21
6: lonestar - 20.25
7: Crow - 19.25
8: TAC - 19
9: Sacul -18
10: Elite - 18
11: twosuitsluke - 16
12: ReaperKK - 15

As you can see, it's still anyone's game! Puppies and Litho have massive targets on their backs, though... :corn
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
...AND WE'RE NOT DONE YET! Because here are your next batch of items!

King Puppies And The Acid Guppies (1st): Banana

LithoJazzoSphere (2nd): Coin

Metro (3rd): Triple Green Shell (kept from previous round)

King Postwhore (4th): Red Shell

Ariich (5th): Red Shell

lonestar (6th): Triple Green Shell

Crow (7th): Bob-omb

TAC (8th): Red Shell

Sacul (9th): Triple Mushrooms

Elite (10th): Lightning

twosuitsluke (11th): Triple Mushrooms

ReaperKK (12th): Triple Mushrooms

Now this is more like it! Get ready for some absolute carnage next round... I don't know if I'll have enough popcorn. :corn :corn :corn
Remember, to anyone with Green or Red Shells, you can either attack a specific player ahead of you (up to THREE standings), or protect yourself from anyone who may be throwing shells at you!

Round 3 is an open round, so send whatever you like! As long as it doesn't suck and blow. I'm gonna go back to playing The Thousand Year Door.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
So glad you dug Allegeaon, they're such an amazing band.

Gonna think hard about this going forward since I haven't fucked myself out if the gates lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Ouch......at least no one has a blue shell going into round 3... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So, I have a red shell which I can chuck at anyone? Might as well shoot for #1, right? Does my score have to beat them for me to overtake Puppies with my red shell?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
So, I have a red shell which I can chuck at anyone? Might as well shoot for #1, right? Does my score have to beat them for me to overtake Puppies with my red shell?

- You can only target up to three spots ahead of you, which in your case is Ariich. King is just out of your range, sadly.
- No overtake / score-based shit, red shells are guaranteed to hit unless the person you target uses an item to protect from it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So if I target Ariich, but he targets someone ahead of him with his Red Shell, do I knock him out so he can't reach the person he targets, or if he moves up, is he now out of reach for me?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
So if I target Ariich, but he targets someone ahead of him with his Red Shell, do I knock him out so he can't reach the person he targets, or if he moves up, is he now out of reach for me?

He won't move out of reach, regardless of how well your songs score this round. Whoever you target now, that's locked in, even if with the next song results your standings drift further apart!

Also PM me who you're gonna target, don't post it here. :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i love getting screwed by game mechanics  :lol (i don't but that's why i'm not further game-ifying my next roulette just pure Songination there)

• DTF.org Member
By the way, I might be changing my round 3 song.....

If nothing changes on the playlist by the morning just assume I'm sticking with what's there.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

• DTF.org Member
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth of Wall Street
Oh shit wow hey glad you liked it! Red Fang reminds me of Baroness at times, so I thought it might be good pick for you. If you like that, you'll like pretty much everything else they've done.

Even though I swapped them out, I still recommend Clutch. I probably won't submit them again in the rest of the game.

Ouch......at least no one has a blue shell going into round 3... :corn

:corn

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

I'll make this easy for you: throw it at either Ariich, lonestar, or Crow. They'll (probably) lose points. :neverusethis:

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
7 spots ahead of Sacul?  This ain't gonna last.   :corn

Of course, I already found out you don't like this genre fusion in your roulette, so I had to retry it.  :p

4th Place: LithoJazzoSphere (+12 Points)
Abstract Void - Forever

First Impression: Ah yes, the second black metal song of the roulette. Absolutely nothing else out of the ordinary here.

Blackgaze mixed with synthwave… a match made in heaven? That’d be hyperbolic, but it does work surprisingly well here. I’ve already mentioned that this cleaner, glossier type of synthwave usually isn’t all that interesting to me, but it turns out layering it on top of some heavier drums and guitars provides just enough grit and texture to make me enjoy it. And I definitely still appreciate the synths here. They’re very pretty. The song also has that somewhat fantastical, soaring atmosphere in the melodies and chords that you get in a lot of good atmospheric black metal, which helps sell the fusion more. What does feel like a clumsy implementation is the black metal screams - they’re completely pointless here. They’re mixed so low yet they still feel completely out of place with the sound, and they’re used so sparingly that I’m left wondering why they’re there at all. I also wouldn’t say the song is super impactful as a whole - it’s certainly not background music, but it never really commands attention either. But it’s quite nice while it’s on.
Hmm, I guess there's a spectrum to that sort of synthwave, I can definitely think of much lighter, fluffier sounds, but maybe I can slowly hone in on what you're looking for.  For the vocals I think that's a characteristic of a lot of atmo BM anyway, the vocals aren't meant to dominate the mix, just to inject some aggression and intensity. 

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2024, 08:20:34 PM »

I liked yours more too at first, Litho's grew on me though.

i love getting screwed by game mechanics  :lol (i don't but that's why i'm not further game-ifying my next roulette just pure Songination there)

Well, I'M having fun. :lol

For the vocals I think that's a characteristic of a lot of atmo BM anyway, the vocals aren't meant to dominate the mix, just to inject some aggression and intensity. 

I agree, but here they don't even do that well.

• DTF.org Member
I guess I need to start doing poorly so I can get some good items  :corn .......this is most likely what will happen, it's inevitable.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Nice, I'll take it. I do recommend that album, as it's fairly short and intense.

• DTF.org Member
Hey Buddy, what's your take on Hip-Hop? :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Hey Buddy, what's your take on Hip-Hop? :corn

I don’t listen to it much, but there’s no guarantee it’d do poorly.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I foresee red and green shell chaos around the bend. 

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sent

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Hrmm so what I'm hearing is that you do like drops.... :lol

I'll try and get some thing out today, if not today then definitely tomorrow. I have some out of town family over.

By the way, I totally love this gameplay mechanic Buddy.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Hrmm so what I'm hearing is that you do like drops.... :lol

Kind of! Pendulum's The Island and BT's Tomahawk - Original Mix are two examples of songs I really like where they're used really effectively.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Is the order of items being played going from last place to first place?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Is the order of items being played going from last place to first place?

There isn't really an order to them. Is there a specific interaction you're confused about?

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
No, I was just wondering how the items get played, but the order they get played matters especially when there's point steals or overtakes taking place. I can imagine you do any item that give immunity first, and then go from back to front  - or front to back, doesn't really matter as long as everybody knows so they can anticipate how to play their items.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
No, I was just wondering how the items get played, but the order they get played matters especially when there's point steals or overtakes taking place. I can imagine you do any item that give immunity first, and then go from back to front  - or front to back, doesn't really matter as long as everybody knows so they can anticipate how to play their items.

Most items just add / subtract by a flat amount, so the order of them doesn't matter, but there are a couple where it does. Here's the exact order, for full transparency:

1. Update standings
2. Use Boo
3. Use any protection items
4. Use bullet bills
5. Use all other items except for Blue Shell
6. Update standings
7. Use Blue Shell
8. Update standings

The standings don't get updated until the very end so that the point additions / subtractions aren't constantly moving around who's in range of stuff like Bob-ombs or Lightning.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I see, thanks for clarifying!
Squ

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Sent.