Author Topic: Doc's Roulette 4.0 Stock Shenanigans Round 1 results - Submit, buy and sell  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
The spreadsheet[/size]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11p38Kghw56doh-uBfYBN1-Ucxbb89HdC_8FKWtXJJGw/edit#gid=0

Welcome to Doc's Stock Shenanigans Roulette

Who are you and what are you doing here?

I used to post here a lot until about 2016, when life started tossing me beanballs instead of fastballs down the pike.  For some reason I felt this past holiday was the time to re-integrate here.  I invented quite a few roulette shenanigans back in the day, and much like how my last one incorporated my love of board games, this one will too.  However, my tastes in board games has changed.  The mid-weight Euro has been replaced by the ultra-dense economic genre.  And that's what we are doing here.

Why are doing this?

To discover new music.  Also, because of the epic clusterfuck that was jingle's hangman roulette, I felt the need to re-invent the genre.  I wanted to keep some gamesmanship in the game, but I also want quality submissions, and I think I figured out a way to do it.  Each player acts as a company, and each company has a stock holding.  As the game progresses, you will be buying and selling stock in the other player’s companies.  Stocks pay dividends, which are used to buy more stock.  Songs are score in two ways 1) A stack scoring that affects the stock value of the company that submitted the song, and 2) a dividend that is paid out which depends on several factors, includung the how much I like the song, how much I want to continue to check out the band, how likely I would be to discover the band otherwise, and some other factors that may come into play like making me re-evaluate my stance on the band submitted.

This sounds complicated.

Have you ever met me?  Of course it is needlessly complex.  If you've gotten a SS gift from me, you know what I'm talking about.  Chino couldn't even follow the instructions.

What am I about to get myself into?

Each player is the president of a corporation that is going to send me one song each round.  A company consists of 20 shares.  The president has 10 shares of their company that cannot be sold, the other 10 shares are available for trading by all players, including the company president.  The shares available for trade may be acquired by any player, provided they have the funds to purchase. 

The game will start with an initial stock phase, where you can choose to buy one share of three different players.  You will probably want to choose the players who you think are going to do well, although you will have a chance to dispose of those shares later if you feel you made a poor choice OR if you need to trash your opponent’s stock value (more on that later)

In each round, there will be three phases: The submission phase/stock round, The operating phase, and the dividends & stock price movement phase.

Phase 1: Submission/stock round In the submission phase, you will send a song.  You may also buy stock in a company if you have the funds and there are shares available, as well as sell shares in companies that you think may have peaked.  When you sell shares, you collect the money of the current stock price, and then the stock price is potentially lowered, possibly hurting the player and other players owning that stock.  Be warned, if you sell stock in a player, you cannot knowingly (more on that in a second) buy that player's stock in the current stock round (no arbitrage), so be wary as you might get out of a stock that is going to pay a high dividend.  Songs should be submitted to me PRIVATELY, however this is a public trading floor, and buying and selling stock is done by posting in the thread.  Selling stock causes the share price to fall by $3 per share sold.  All price adjustments are made when the floor closes.  If one player buys shares of a company, and another player sells shares, the purchase price will be the price after the adjustment, so the timing of announcing share purchases and sales does not matter

Phase 2: Operations Once I have all the submissions, I will post the songs submitted without stating who sent which song.  Now the fun part happens - while I am listening to the songs, you may choose to augment someone else's submission.  If you think it is an artist I will dig, you may choose to buy a share of that company and optionally send me a different song from the same artist that becomes part of the submission.  This is done by POSTING IN THIS THREAD.  No more than two people can buy a share of the song, and you may only net a one share gain in an operating phase.  You can also sell or short sell a song if you think I won't like a song relative to the other submissions, or if you think maybe that one song is the only good one an artist has.  You can simply say you are shorting the submission, or if you really want to drive the point home you can tell me you are shorting the song AND send another song by the same artist which reinforces your point that the band is trash (in your opinion).  If a song is submitted in the short, it is considered part of the submission.  I will talk about how you pay and get paid for these transactions in a moment.

In brief, during the operations phase, you will do one of the following: A) buy as share of the song (which will be a share of a company, but you won't know which company it was until the next phase) B) short a share of one song/company, and optionally buy up to two shares) C) nothing, probably because you don't like fun or profit.  You are no Ferengi.

If you buy a share, you will need to pay for it.  After dividends are paid, you will have to use your balance plus what you earned in dividends to pay for the share(s) you bought.  The purchase price is the price is before it is adjusted for performance.  If you sell a share and you already own a share of that company, you sell the share for the price it was in the previous phase, and the stock price is decreased due to the sale.  But, what if you don't have a share of the company you sold?  That's called a short sale.  You still get the money you would for the sale and the stock price is adjusted, but you now effectively own a negative share in that company and create another share available.  When it pays dividends, you pay that dividend share instead of getting paid the dividend share.  You may close a short in a future stock phase by purchasing one.  However, there must be one available to buy.  If there isn't, you are experiencing what is called a "short squeeze".  This is a very real thing in real life – it's what caused the GameStop stock to skyrocket.  If you short a poor performing song, and use that money to buy two good shares, you are coming out ahead though, so it is a risk that might be worth taking.

Phase 3: Dividends paid and stock movement:  This is where I judge the songs.  Dividends will be paid based on how much I enjoyed the song, bringing awareness to an artist I was not familiar with, making me reconsider an artist I had largely written off, and other minor factors that strike my fancy.  Dividends are $, and $ buys you shares - or if you are an 80s Wall St. tycoon cocaine and hookers.  Then, your stock price is adjusted based on a stack ranking.  It is possible for a song I rank lower than another song to pay a higher dividend, but it won't be a common occurrence. 

Best song of the round - $10 share increase
2nd +$8 increase
3rd +$6 increase
4th +$4 increase
5th +$2 increase
6th no change
7th -$2 decrease
8th -$4 decrease
9th -$6 decrease
10th -$8 decrease
last -$10 decrease

Each share sold decreases the price by $3 per share

I expect dividends to be between $3 and $7 per share

So, who's going to be the shrewdest, wiliest, and greediest Wall St. shark on DTF?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 12:20:27 PM by Dr. DTVT »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Doc's Roulette 4.0 Stock Shenanigans and NO HANGMAN GAMES
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 08:13:37 PM »
BE WARNED - I have left some bands I have some albums of off the banned list.  Tread carefully.

BANNED LIST

ANY band/artist who received significant airplay before 2000

The Aaron Clift Project
Abel Ganz
An Abstract Illusion
Ad Infinitium
Advent Horizon
AEON ZEN
Aephanemer
Affector
After Forever
Agalloch
Alan Parsons Project
Alcest
Allen-Lande
Altura
Amaran’s Plight
Amesoeurs
Amorphis
AmuZeum
THE ANABASIS
Anathema
Anciients
Antrhiel
Anubus Gate
Aquilus
Arch/Matheos
Archon Angel
Arena
Anything by Arjen Lucassen
Audioplastik
Author & Punisher
Avantasia
Barock Project
Baroness
Be’lakor
Beardfish
Beautiful Sin
Before The Dawn
Believe
Ben Folds
Ben Folds Five
Between The Buried And Me
Beyond Fear
Beyond The Bridge
Big Ass Truck
Big Big Train
Bigelf
The Biscuit Merchant
Black Anvil
Blackfield
Blackfinger
Blind Guardian
Borealis
Box Of Shamans
Bozzio Levin Stevens
Bruce Dickinson
Burning Point
Byzantine
Cairo
Cake
Caligula's Horse
Car Bomb
Cell 15
Chain
Charlie Griffiths
Charred Walls Of The Damned
Children Of Bodom
Chroma Key
Church Of The Cosmic Skull
Circle II Circle
Circus Maximus
Clive Nolan & Oliver Wakeman
Clockwork
Cloudkicker
Cloudscape
Communic
The Contorionist
Crown Lands
The Cyberiam
Cyborg Octopus
Cynic
Cynthesis
D.C. Cooper
Dali's Dilemma
Damian Wilson
Dan Swano
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Dark Tranquility
Darkane
Darkwater
Darwin's Radio
Days Between Stations
Deafheaven
The Dear Hunter
Dec Burke
Demons & Wizards
Dethklok
Devin Townsend & Project
Dimension Act
Dimmu Borgir
Discipline
Disillusion
District 97
Divine Ascension
Doctor Butcher
Dominici
Dorian Gray
Dream The Electric Sleep
Dream Theater
Dredg
Earthside
Echoes
Eden's Curse
Edge of Reality
Edison's Children
Effloresce
Electric Callboy
Enchant
Enslaved
Entransient
Epica
Epysode
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Eternity X
Eumeria
Evergrey
Evership
The Explorer's Club
Fair To Midland
Faith No More
Falconer
Fanticide
Fates Warning
Figure of Speechless
Filter
Fires In The Distance
Firewind
Fish
Flaming Row
Flor De Loto
Flying Colors
For My Pain...
Forgotten Suns
Frameshift
The Fringe
Frost*
Gazpacho
Ghost
Ghost Ship Octavius
Giant Squid
Giraffe
Gloryhammer
Gojira
Gordian Knot
Gorguts
Graveshadow
Grayceon
Green Carnation
Greyfeather
Haggard
Haken
The Halo Effect
Hammers of Misfortune
Headspace
Heart Healer
Heliopolis
Henning Pauly
Holter
HYVMINE
Ice Age
Iced Earth
IGNEA
Ihsahn
In Continuum
In Flames
In The Presence of Wolves
Intronaut
IQ
Iris Divine
Iron Maiden
It Bites
James LaBrie
Jellyfish
Joey Frevola
John Arch
John Petrucci
Jolly
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Jordan Rudess
Jorn
Kaddisfly
Kamelot
Kardashev
Karmakanic
Karnivool
Kevin Gilbert
Khemmis
The Kindred
Kino
The Kite Experiment
Klone
Knifeworld
Kyros
Lalu
Lee Abraham
Legacy Pilots
Lemur Voice
Leprous
Lines In The Sky
Liquid Tension Experiment
Little Atlas
Live
Lo-Fi Resistance
Local H
Lonely Robot
Lorna Shore
Lotus Thief
Lunatic Soul
Magellan
Magic Pie
Marillion
Masterplan
Mastodon
Matthew Parmenter
Maudlin Of The Well
Mayan
McStine & Minnemann
Mechanical Poet
Megadeth
Metallica
Mike Lepond
Mile Marker Zero
MindMaze
Mob Rules
Moon Safari
Mouth of the Architect
Mullmuzzler
Muse
My Soliloquy
Myrath
Mystery
Native Construct
NDV
Ne Obliviscaris
Neal Morse
Neal Morse Band
Nevermore
Nightingale
Nightwish
No More Pain
Nospun
A Notion of Silence
Nova Collective
Novena
Oblivion Protocol
The Ocean Collective
Oceans of Slumber
Odd Dimension
Odin's Court
OK Goodnight
Once Human
Opeth
Orbit Culture
Orden Ogan
Orphaned Land
OSI
Ostura
Ozzy Osbourne
Pagan's Mind
Pain of Salvation
Paladin
Pattern Seeking Animals
Pendragon
Perfect Beings
Peter Gabriel
Phideaux
The Pineapple Thief
Pinnacle
Platypus
Poets of the Fall
Porcupine Tree
Powerworld
Protest The Hero
Prymary
Psychic For Radio
Punky Bruster
Pyramaze
Pyramid Theorem
Queensryche
REM
Radiohead
Rainbow
Ray Alder
Red Fang
Redemption
Reverend Horton Heat
Rhapsody of Fire
Rikard Sjoblom's Gungfly
Rivers of Nihil
Riverside
Riverwood
Rollins Band
Ross Jennings
Roswell Six
Royal Hunt
RPWL
Rush
Saga
Sanhedron
Savatage
Scale The Summit
Scar Symmetry
Scardust
The Sea Within
Semblant
Serenity
Seventh Wonder
Shadow Gallery
Shineback
Sieges Even
Sigh
Silent Force
Silent Memorial
The Silent Rage
Sleep
Sleep Token
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Slough Feg
Soen
Soilwork
Solution .45
Sonata Arctica
Sons of Apollo
Sonus Umbra
Sorrow & The Spire
Sound of Contact
A Sound of Thunder
Soundgarden
Southern Empire
Speaking to Stones
Spiral Architect
Spock's Beard
Stabbing Westward
Star One
Steel Protector
Steven Wilson
Storm Corrosion
Strapping Young Lad
Stratovarius
Strattman
Subsignal
Sun Caged
Swallow The Sun
Symphony X
Synaesthesia
The Tangent
Tardegrade Inferno
Tarja Turunen
Ted Leonard
TEMIC
Teramaze
Tetrafusion
Thank You Scientist
Theocracy
THEORY
Therion
Thomas Giles
Thought Chamber
Thoughts Factory
Threshold
Tiles
Tim Ripper Owens
Time Machine
Tony MacAlpine
Tool
Toy Matinee
Transatlantic
Tribe of Names
Triosphere
Trivium
Turisas
United Progressive Fraternity
Unitopia
Unleash The Archers
The Urbane
Valdez
Valley of The Sun
Vanden Plas
Vanishing Point
Vast Conduit
Vetrar Draugurinn
Vintersea
Visions Of Atlantis
Vonassi
Warrel Dane
We Came From Space
Weird Al Yankovic
White Zombie
Wilton & Akerstache
Winter Rose
Wintersun
Witherscape
Wolverine
Worlds
Wuthering Heights
Xen
Yogi Lang
Zeal and Ardor
Zero Hour
3rd Degree
41Point9
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:01:30 PM by Dr. DTVT »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 08:13:48 PM »
Other important things:

*All rounds are open except the last one, which is reserved for a long song (over 10 minutes), and the last round will count 1.5.  You may submit your last round song at any time and it will reserve that band for you.  If someone else wants to use that band, you will be given right of refusal.

*Going Concern & Liquidations
   If a band that is submitted is REALLY off the mark, I will declare the company (player) a Going Concern.  This is a warning that another very poor submission will result in your company being liquidated, and you will not be allowed to submit more songs.  I don't want to use this, but if someone wants to send crap, I have my out.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:24:55 PM by Dr. DTVT »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 08:14:00 PM »
Player - Corp name
Litho
King Acid
King Postwhore
Lonestar - West-East Enterprise Band (WEEB)
Jingle
Evermind
Ariich
TAC
Lonk
Stadler
Wolfking
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 05:24:37 PM by Dr. DTVT »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Re: Doc's Roulette 4.0 Stock Shenanigans and NO HANGMAN GAMES signups
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 08:18:09 PM »
I haven't read the rules yet, but I'm in.  Don't know you that well and I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but you're stuck with me. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 08:18:17 PM »
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 08:25:08 PM »
I need to brush up on the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 08:27:39 PM »
Hey lover. How could I say no?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 08:39:02 PM »
The OP makes zero fucking sense to me.... But it still screams for 8 rounds of Jmetal.

I'm in.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 08:53:16 PM »
Ok, just read the OP, will probably have to do so again a couple times tomorrow to start parsing this.

I used to post here a lot until about 2016, when life started tossing me beanballs instead of fastballs down the pike.  For some reason I felt this past holiday was the time to re-integrate here.

Huh, maybe we do have more in common.  This is basically me, but replace "2016" with "late 00s", and "this past holiday" with "August '21". 

I invented quite a few roulette shenanigans back in the day, and much like how my last one incorporated my love of board games, this one will too.  However, my tastes in board games has changed.  The mid-weight Euro has been replaced by the ultra-dense economic genre.

Wow, I used to really be into Eurogames myself.  By ultra-dense are we talking like the 18xx series, that sort of thing?  I never really got into the deep end of gaming like that, so I'm probably at no significant advantage, but I appreciate the idea of porting the concept into a roulette. 

So, who's going to be the shrewdest, wiliest, and greediest Wall St. shark on DTF?

I might be a shark right now, but these will be less familiar waters...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 09:02:26 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2024, 09:27:37 PM »
Reserved
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 10:03:39 PM »

Wow, I used to really be into Eurogames myself.  By ultra-dense are we talking like the 18xx series, that sort of thing?

Yes, I go to 18xx conventions and tournaments.  That is exactly the inspiration.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2024, 10:14:53 PM »
I'm into board games but I don't really like Euro-style games and ultra-heavy economic games. :lol

That being said, I'm curious to try this one out. I especially like the option to short a song by sending another shitty song by the same band. :)

Also, given how complex this one seems, I'm glad my upcoming roulette will be relatively simple and straightforward.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2024, 12:31:05 AM »
Sounds way too complicated, so obviously I'm in.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2024, 03:20:25 AM »
What in the fuck?

No competitive Hangman time zone clusterfucks.
No Eliminations...

I'm in!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2024, 04:28:48 AM »
because of the epic clusterfuck that was jingle's hangman roulette,

As a reminder, even without the hangman scores, you finished 5th.   :biggrin:

Now to read the OP over my morning coffee.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2024, 04:43:17 AM »
Just to grind Tim's gears, I have some questions. 

Do we get to pick a stock symbol?
So, we all start with 20 shares of our own company?
Do we all start with the same share price?
Do we start with any $$$?
How many rounds?  RJ references 8, but maybe I missed the official declaration.
Last round is 10+ minutes, does that imply that all other rounds must be <10 mins?

The mechanics of this are complex and confusing - I'm hoping a few more sips of coffee will bring enlightenment.  I got a feeling the first couple of rounds will be a feeling out process.

What in the fuck?

No competitive Hangman time zone clusterfucks.
No Eliminations...

I'm in!

You may want to check the "going concern" condition.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2024, 04:58:25 AM »
I’ll reread the OP when I have a computer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2024, 05:03:16 AM »
I’ll reread the OP when I have a computer.

Do you need us to start you a GoFundMe campaign??  :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2024, 05:21:16 AM »
I still have no fucking clue what's going on

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2024, 05:52:20 AM »
Man, not a lot of wiggle room in that ban list for me, you even got Tardigrade Inferno up there.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2024, 06:04:31 AM »
Man, not a lot of wiggle room in that ban list for me, you even got Tardigrade Inferno up there.

I'm afraid to even look at it.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2024, 06:06:46 AM »
It's not that extensive at all, I see tons of your favorites missing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2024, 06:07:47 AM »
Vetrar Draugurinn

I'm impressed, this is not a band I would have ever expected to see on a DTFer's ban list. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2024, 06:09:09 AM »
I'm into board games but I don't really like Euro-style games and ultra-heavy economic games. :lol

What are you into?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2024, 06:11:55 AM »
It's not that extensive at all, I see tons of your favorites missing.

Me or Jingle? I mean, yeah all my Japanese/Asian stuff is wide open, but Mason and I's standard list is almost identical. The long round will be tough for sure.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2024, 06:13:55 AM »
Both of you.  Honestly it's pretty standard DTF stuff, with a few twists here and there, and some missing areas that could either be gold mines or traps. 

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2024, 06:17:05 AM »
If you want to name your Corp and pick a stock symbol, sure.  As for the going concern / liquidation, just don’t send obvious misses as joke submissions and you’ll be fine.  If the worst song of a round is still in the ball park, it will be fine.  What I don’t want is stupid shit that gets points because of hangman.  And I’ve tried to make something where timing won’t matter because major updates will likely come in the evening EDT.

I haven’t announced a length because I want to see how many players there are first.

You can submit longer songs in the earlier rounds, but I’m giving people a chance to save their best for last when it counts. 

You start with 10 shares of your own company, and there are 10 shares that are available for purchase by all players.  All players start with a share price of $50.  If this was more like 18xx I would have people pick a par price and you would get shares based on that but I don’t want something that is completely new to players to be too complicated.  Maybe for roulette 5 in the year 2031.

Everyone will start with $175, enough to buy three shares and have some money incase they have a disastrous first round.

I’ll put these and other clarifications / FAQs up at the top when I get to my computer after work.  It will all make sense in the end.  Trust me, I’m a professional.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2024, 06:17:37 AM »
I'm afraid to even look at it.

That’s what she said

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2024, 06:22:39 AM »
Is there a secret Santa component to this roulette?

I would like to register my company if there is any open slots  :corn
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2024, 07:09:47 AM »
but I don’t want something that is completely new to players to be too complicated.

It will all make sense in the end.  Trust me, I’m a professional.

Yeah, well... we're all a bunch of plebeians.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2024, 08:44:32 AM »
Ok... business name will be West/East Enterprise Brand

Stock ticker will be WEEB

:biggrin:

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2024, 08:49:33 AM »
What are you into?

I'm mostly into co-op games (Gloomhaven, Arkham Horror board game, Dead of Winter), word/discussion games (Wavelength, Codenames, Alias), games where role-playing or storytelling can really enhance the experience (Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Once Upon a Time, Gloom), simpler deck builders with a beautiful theme (Everdell, Wingspan), and I enjoy some not-too-heavy games like Takenoko, Lords of Waterdeep or Five Tribes. Very light card games (Love Letter, Coup) are also fine.

Stuff like Brass, no thanks.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2024, 08:58:26 AM »
I'm mostly into co-op games (Gloomhaven, Arkham Horror board game, Dead of Winter), word/discussion games (Wavelength, Codenames, Alias), games where role-playing or storytelling can really enhance the experience (Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Once Upon a Time, Gloom), simpler deck builders with a beautiful theme (Everdell, Wingspan), and I enjoy some not-too-heavy games like Takenoko, Lords of Waterdeep or Five Tribes. Very light card games (Love Letter, Coup) are also fine.

Stuff like Brass, no thanks.
Wingspan is amazing!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2024, 08:59:48 AM »
Consider this my filing of "Certificate of Incorporation".  I'm in if you'll have me!