Poll

Given the pressures of the industry, do you think DT will turn to crowdfunding or kickstarter to pay for the new album?

Yes
4 (9.5%)
No
34 (81%)
It Depends, and I will elaborate further in a reply
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 08, 2024, 02:57:40 PM

Author Topic: Will DT need to crowdfund for the new album?  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Skeever

Re: Will DT need to crowdfund for the new album?
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2024, 02:27:17 PM »
Oh shit lmao

Rip in rest, HoJo

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2024, 02:27:35 PM »
:bringmethehammer:

Ha ha oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2024, 02:28:27 PM »
:bringmethehammer:

I've defended HoJo before now... but this was straight up trolling. Deserves what's coming his way, I'm afraid :biggrin:
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2024, 02:29:29 PM »
Wait, what if he found that picture on that Discord place he's always getting those silly rumors from?  Maybe he's innocent? :biggrin:

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2024, 02:30:33 PM »
He said it was on Bluesky hence why I asked for a link to James's profile because I couldn't find it.

As my mum would say, "he's cooked his goose now!" :biggrin: (Dunno if that saying travels outside the UK. She's a Londoner.)
Paul
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2024, 02:32:30 PM »
I've defended HoJo before now... but this was straight up trolling. Deserves what's coming his way, I'm afraid :biggrin:

What, more ostracism? More embarrassment? Who here hasn't put their foot in their own mouth before? Who here hasn't made a bad joke and had it fall flat? Give him a break. Your next move will show what you're made of.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2024, 02:33:00 PM »
He said it was on Bluesky hence why I asked for a link to James's profile because I couldn't find it.

I was joking around. I don't really think he's innocent. I admit I was never quite sure whether or not he was a True Troll but this thread pretty much confirms it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2024, 02:34:06 PM »
Well whatever happens in this thread, I still want a James plushie ✨✨🤭

Yeah,  you and me both.  I would offer you an action figurrrrrr, but apparently the video no longer exists.   :-[
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2024, 02:45:59 PM »

What, more ostracism? More embarrassment? Who here hasn't put their foot in their own mouth before? Who here hasn't made a bad joke and had it fall flat? Give him a break. Your next move will show what you're made of.

I gave him plenty of breaks. Go back and read. You and I were the only ones defending him.

Regarding the emboldened part, sorry what?
Paul
Leicestershire, UK

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2024, 02:50:40 PM »

Yeah,  you and me both.  I would offer you an action figurrrrrr, but apparently the video no longer exists.   :-[
it doesn't? That's a pity. I remember seeing that during the intermission during the tour in 2014.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2024, 02:54:26 PM »
Why does everyone assume that's whiskey or some other form of alcohol? Can't think that would be the best choice for JL even if he's not singing that day. I'd imagine he'd want to have a clear head while in the studio. Couldn't that be iced tea, assuming this is actually not just some random image that HoJo decided to post?
Is there some other brown liquid that people drink in 2 OZ portions from tumblers full of ice? Yeah I guess it could be iced tea or apple juice but the idea of somebody drinking it like that is pretty funny to me!
Not that it matters since we've now established HoJo is a no go, but for argument's sake, why couldn't the person who took the picture just have drunk a portion of whatever that is? In fact, I would argue that if that was whiskey or some other alcoholic beverage, it would not have been put in such a tall glass in the first place.   ;)

Oh and HoJo, buh-bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.   :loser:

Crystal, looks like you get to be the "fun committee president" now!   :lol
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2024, 02:56:38 PM »

I gave him plenty of breaks. Go back and read. You and I were the only ones defending him.

Regarding the emboldened part, sorry what?

That was not directed at you. It was general. Apologies

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2024, 02:57:00 PM »

As my mum would say, "he's cooked his goose now!" :biggrin: (Dunno if that saying travels outside the UK. She's a Londoner.)

Your goose is cooked, or his goose is cooked travelled, though I haven't heard it in a long time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2024, 02:59:11 PM »

Wait, what?!?!? This actually once existed?!?!?!! 😱😭

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2024, 03:04:13 PM »
Videos did for several of the band members, created by one of the guys who used to frequent this message board regularly (and may still visit the non-DT parts, I think). Looks like Blob took down most of the videos on his YT channel, but fortunately JR still has his action figurrrr on his YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFefLdd1HI
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2024, 03:05:12 PM »
Yeah this is the one I remember seeing
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2024, 03:19:27 PM »
Yeah, I knew Jordan re-posted the Jordan one on his channel.  It's a shame the James and JP ones are no longer around.  I might be able to email Robert and ask him to either re-post them or send the files to me to re-post.  I'll see what I can do. 

It's an even bigger shame the world never got to see ones for JM and MP.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2024, 03:23:33 PM »
And there you go.

Can't believe no-one thought to ask for the Bluesky link as evidence :lol

Well...

I also doubt you have inside info about what JLB eats every day (for all I know, the picture is just something you came up with from a Google image search).

My suspicion appears now to have been confirmed.

Why does everyone assume that's whiskey or some other form of alcohol? Can't think that would be the best choice for JL even if he's not singing that day. I'd imagine he'd want to have a clear head while in the studio. Couldn't that be iced tea, assuming this is actually not just some random image that HoJo decided to post?
Is there some other brown liquid that people drink in 2 OZ portions from tumblers full of ice? Yeah I guess it could be iced tea or apple juice but the idea of somebody drinking it like that is pretty funny to me!

Isn't it possible that, at some point prior to the picture being taken, the glass was full?

Videos did for several of the band members, created by one of the guys who used to frequent this message board regularly (and may still visit the non-DT parts, I think). Looks like Blob took down most of the videos on his YT channel, but fortunately JR still has his action figurrrr on his YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFefLdd1HI

The Petrucci video can be viewed here:  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1070790529662954  The * disclaimers are absolutely hilarious.

The JLB video appears to be gone, and I don't think he ever did JM or MP.  I was really looking forward to what he might have done with JM.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2024, 03:29:45 PM »
I wonder if it can be found through wayback machine.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2024, 03:36:01 PM »
I wonder if it can be found through wayback machine.
You can try but I haven't had much luck with finding any old videos actually archived, although the pages themselves have been.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2024, 03:39:19 PM »
Not that it matters since we've now established HoJo is a no go, but for argument's sake, why couldn't the person who took the picture just have drunk a portion of whatever that is? In fact, I would argue that if that was whiskey or some other alcoholic beverage, it would not have been put in such a tall glass in the first place.   ;)

Even if it's whiskey of some sort, would it really have that much of a negative impact on his vocals?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2024, 03:42:11 PM »
Would love for DT to do some sort of crowdfunding with some extras  like what Marillion does with their crowdfunding campaigns. Maybe throw a signed guitar or signed drumheads or rare memorabilia as a reward, etc.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2024, 03:56:49 PM »
RIP HoSoJo

You were a real AI Generated one

Offline Skeever

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2024, 04:50:02 PM »
Oh and HoJo, buh-bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.   :loser:

I hope he finds his way back to us.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2024, 05:10:15 PM »

I hope he finds his way back to us.
Please no.  :facepalm:

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2024, 06:03:11 PM »

I was legitimately starting to wonder if that's what he was. This place has seen its fair share of nutcases in its time but that guy was off the charts. Say what you like about Wildranger's (to me endearing) eccentricity, he never started welcoming people with over 50,000 posts to the forum.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2024, 06:11:43 PM »

I was legitimately starting to wonder if that's what he was. This place has seen its fair share of nutcases in its time but that guy was off the charts. Say what you like about Wildranger's (to me endearing) eccentricity, he never started welcoming people with over 50,000 posts to the forum.

He may not have been an AI bot, but he was certainly using AI to write his nonsensical posts...and he was probably 3 or 4 accounts at the same time. I'm all for a little trolling, but some of what I've read over the last few months is next level.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2024, 06:20:44 PM »
I'm not sure I believe that, but even so, I looked at his posts like a random number generator for the day's discussion. Even when he was being ridiculous it led to some pretty entertaining discourse.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2024, 06:51:54 PM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2024, 07:04:02 PM »
I'm not sure I believe that, but even so, I looked at his posts like a random number generator for the day's discussion. Even when he was being ridiculous it led to some pretty entertaining discourse.

Oh, for sure. Entertaining as hell, if nothing else.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2024, 07:06:20 PM »
Anyone remember chaossytem?

PERHAPS this will jog your MEMORY.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2024, 07:14:17 PM »

2.  I have no idea why you think the record label is paying for James' burger.  That is a really silly assumption.

:lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2024, 07:24:23 PM »

He may not have been an AI bot, but he was certainly using AI to write his nonsensical posts...and he was probably 3 or 4 accounts at the same time. I'm all for a little trolling, but some of what I've read over the last few months is next level.

What do you mean about the accounts? Were there other members who exhibited that same strange behavior?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2024, 07:25:41 PM »
The Great Ape, who I think was banned as well

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2024, 07:26:39 PM »
Has no one ever noticed this in HoJo's sig?

RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.