Author Topic: If YOU were writing the set list for the next DT tour...  (Read 10487 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
If YOU were writing the set list for the next DT tour...
« on: March 05, 2024, 02:34:30 PM »
To clarify exactly what this thread is about:  As I have occasionally done in the past, I am compiling a "top 10" list of what all of you want to see played next tour, and will send it to my contacts on the inside of the Dream Theater machine.  I cannot guarantee that anything from the ultimate list will ever get played.  But in the past, those with a say in such matters have appreciated knowing what we would look forward to hearing the most.  So, that being said, post your top-10 list ranked from 1 to 10.  After a little while, I will tally the results, compile the top 10 based on scoring, and send that along to Dream Theater.  With any luck, we might see some of those songs pop up in sets in the not-too-distant future. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: If YOU were writing the set list for the next DT tour...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 02:45:03 PM »
Oh, and feel free to write WHY you want to hear certain songs, or post anything else related as well.

My personal list:

1.  Octavarium:  Top 3 DT song for me, and I've never seen it.
2.  S2N:  Top song from d/t that has never been played, and I think it would slay live.
3.  In the Name of God:  Haven't seen this done since the TOT tour and have long hoped for a comeback.
4.  The Glass Prison:  I think this is a long shot, but I'm hoping I get to see it at some point.
5.  Take Away My Pain:  Has always been a favorite of mine and one that I connect deeply with.
6.  Misunderstood:  Have been hoping for this one for awhile.  It seemed to go over very well live back when it was a mainstay.
7.  Lie:  I can't remember whether I've never heard this live or if it's been a really long time, but either way...
8.  Stream of Consciousness:  The only instrumental I have a strong preference for seeing.
9.  Learning To Live:  I'm okay with most of Images getting a long break, but this one would be nice to have return.
10.  Fall Into The Light:  Just a banger live.  Wouldn't mind seeing it come back.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 02:52:02 PM »
1. Surrender to Reason - One of their best songs from the last 5 albums, not played live yet.
2. Blind Faith - A favorite from SDOIT
3. Glass Prison - A top "yet to see it live" track.
4. Panic Attack - Favorite from 8V
5. S2N - Not played live yet, I think the energy of this song would translate very nicely to a live setting.
6. Stream of Consciousness - Top 5 DT track, and favorite instrumental.
7. Peruvian Skies - A top "yet to see it live" track.
8. Afterlife - Would be nice to represent this album.
9. Moment of Betrayal - Would be nice to represent this album. Great track.
10. In the Presence of Enemies (Pt.1 & Pt.2) - I felt teased when they only played Pt. 1 in the 2019 tour.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 02:58:54 PM »
I really love most of your list.  Not crazy about Blind Faith, but wouldn't overly mind if they played it.  Otherwise, the only two I wouldn't want are Afterlife (just don't like it) and ITPOE (which I DO like, but just wouldn't want to see it played at the expense of possibly getting Octavarium, and they wouldn't include two songs that long in a set). 

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 03:05:50 PM »
1. Space-Dye Vest
2. A Change of Seasons
3. Surrounded (with or without the Marillion bridge like they did in 07/08)
4. Take Away My Pain
5. Raise The Knife
6. Blind Faith
7. Beyond This Life
8. Ytse Jam
9. The Root Of All Evil
10. Misunderstood

almost all of those i haven't seen them do before, or they hardly/rarely, if ever play. but i love all of them a lot
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 03:11:22 PM »
1: Octavarium - Self explanatory I think, long overdue for a comeback and the return of MP upcoming twentieth anniversary makes this an opportune time

2: The Glass Prison - Similar to the above, long overdue for a comeback and the timing feels right.

3: Surrender to Reason - Please keep the Mangini era songs coming and don't let them go unplayed! This is my top pick for anything off the Mangini albums that hasn't been played live before.

4: Stream of Consciousness - Was always a big fan of this instrumental.

5: Blind Faith - One of my favorite Six Degrees tracks, also feel like it wouldn't be too hard on LaBrie.

6: Voices - Awake has gotten a lot of love in recent years but this one hasn't been heard in quite some time so it would be nice to see it dusted off.

7: The Best of Times - Would be great to finally hear DT perform this one

8: Bridges in the Sky - Total riff fest. I know they played it fairly recently but it's just such a great track and I would love to hear MP's take on the drum parts. IMO it's a Mangini era song that he could really bring a lot to the table on.

9: Illumination Theory - Just a big fan of this epic, hope 2014 wasn't its only moment.

10: Behind the Veil - Similarly since this was only played on a limited summer run, only a few fans have gotten to experience this great track live. Another one where I would love to hear MP's take on the heavier riffing sections.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 03:24:35 PM »
This is a combination of songs I haven't yet seen live and a few other things:

1. Wither
2. Something from WDADU (Light Fuse and Get Away or Afterlife)
3. Stream of Consciousness
4. Anna Lee
5. Octavarium
6. S2N
7. Viper King
8. Transcending Time
9. Behind the Veil
10. Surrender to Reason

Also, FWIW, I have ZERO interest in any of the 12SS (other than TGP and I especially don't want to see Repentance), any of the FII reject tracks, and TBOT.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 03:30:20 PM »
Some great ones listed so far.

1. The Great Debate - my favorite MP drum song
2. Surrender to Reason - for reasons already stated
3. In the Name of God - epic live and ripe for a comeback
4. Misunderstood - Six Degrees disc 1 is severely underrepresented on DVDs
5. Blind Faith - see #4
6. S2N - one of my faves from DoT
7. Octavarium - 20th (ish) anniversary
8. Breaking all Illusions - I don’t get sick of this one
9. The Alien - didn’t attend the tour that they played this on
10. Any other epic they want to

1, 3, 7, and 8 are four of my wife’s favorites so she would be thrilled with any of these. Thanks Bosk.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 03:56:20 PM »
1. The Best of Times - I'm sure everybody would want to see this if Mike felt like it was something he was ready to do

2. The Dark Eternal Night - a super fun live song that just has not been the same since Mike left

3. Octavarium - imo, the crowning achievement of the reformed lineup

4. A surprise cover - even if integrated into a song like Surrounded-Sugar Mice, or on its own like Camera Eye. This is a twist in their format that seemed to die with Mike and I'd like it back.

5 - 10. This goes without saying, but whatever new that they are working on.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 03:58:53 PM »
1. Surrender to Reason. It's due.
2. The Answer Lies Within. Great live vibe.
3. Hell's Kitchen to Lines in the Sand. Never got the whole deal live.
4. Viper King. My favourite DT song in the last 5 years, potentially a monster jam, Deep Purple style
5. The Best of Times. It's time.
6. Stream of Consciousness. The only time I got it, the keyboards broke down mid-song.
7. The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun. For Charlie.
8. Solitary Shell. Should be mandatory.
9. ITPOE. The whole thing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 04:10:48 PM »
1. Stream of Consciousness - My favorite instrumental which I have yet to see. Was hoping for it with Mangini, but now is a great time to bring it out on tour.

2. Surrender to Reason - This song deserves to be played live at least once. It would be fantastic to have it in the setlist for their first leg or the album tour. I also think it'd sound cool with MP's backing vocals during the "Restless Angels" part.

3. Blind Faith - One I was again hoping to hear with Mangini. One of my favorites from 6DOIT, and this song is a reason why 6DOIT is my favorite DT album.

4. Misunderstood - Same reason as Blind Faith. I would like to see this one live, and I feel it's a song JLB can definitely do well.

5. The Bigger Picture - This was an amazing song live, and it'd be great to hear this one again. I think MP would sound awesome on this song.

6. Scarred - My all-time favorite DT song that I have yet to see. I hope they bring this back sometime in the future, just so I can at least see it one time.  :biggrin:

7. Octavarium - Of all the epics, this is one I really want to see live. Mainly getting to hear Medicate, and the build-up of Intervals.

8. At Wit's End - There are songs I hope the band continues to play from the Mangini era and this is one of them.

9. Transcending Time - I was expecting this to be played on the DreamSonic Tour. Since it wasn't, I think it'd be a good song for them to play. To me, this one is a good fit for Portnoy's style.

10. These Walls - I put this here because it's a song I want to see live. Here's hoping it appears at a show I am attending if they go the rotating setlist route.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gborland

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 04:27:31 PM »
Not a set list, but some general requests to the powers-that-be when planning a tour. I have no idea how else to get this kind of feedback to anyone who might be able to do something about it.  ;D

• Not everybody wants to sit down in a seat at a metal gig. Please pick venues that have standing areas so die-hard fans can properly rock out without being pounced on by security. (This is particularly important in Europe/UK!)
  • Atmosphere and energy are more important than huge video screens. We want to watch a live prog metal performance, not a bunch of amateurish cartoons on a screen. Five guys + instruments + some basic lighting is all we need! Please pick venues accordingly.
  • A sold-out gig in a smaller venue will always be better than a half-empty arena.
  • Mix up the set list at least a little bit from night to night.
  • Don't charge almost £100 for tickets. Just fucking don't.
Graham Borland

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 04:51:48 PM »
Good points, but sorry--those are all well above my pay grade.  :lol 

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 05:08:18 PM »
1. Octavarium
2. Only A Matter of Time
3. A Change of Seasons
4. In the Name of God
5. Erotomania
6. Voices
7. Take Away My Pain
8. Overture 1928/Strange Deja Vu
9. The Glass Prison
10. Raw Dog

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2024, 05:08:52 PM »
1. Stream of Consciousness - My favorite instrumental which I have yet to see. Was hoping for it with Mangini, but now is a great time to bring it out on tour.

2. Surrender to Reason - This song deserves to be played live at least once. It would be fantastic to have it in the setlist for their first leg or the album tour. I also think it'd sound cool with MP's backing vocals during the "Restless Angels" part.

3. Blind Faith - One I was again hoping to hear with Mangini. One of my favorites from 6DOIT, and this song is a reason why 6DOIT is my favorite DT album.

4. Misunderstood - Same reason as Blind Faith. I would like to see this one live, and I feel it's a song JLB can definitely do well.

5. The Bigger Picture - This was an amazing song live, and it'd be great to hear this one again. I think MP would sound awesome on this song.

6. Scarred - My all-time favorite DT song that I have yet to see. I hope they bring this back sometime in the future, just so I can at least see it one time.  :biggrin:

7. Octavarium - Of all the epics, this is one I really want to see live. Mainly getting to hear Medicate, and the build-up of Intervals.

8. At Wit's End - There are songs I hope the band continues to play from the Mangini era and this is one of them.

9. Transcending Time - I was expecting this to be played on the DreamSonic Tour. Since it wasn't, I think it'd be a good song for them to play. To me, this one is a good fit for Portnoy's style.

10. These Walls - I put this here because it's a song I want to see live. Here's hoping it appears at a show I am attending if they go the rotating setlist route.

Pretty good list! These Walls killed live in 2011! I didn't care for that song much until then. Now it's probably my second favorite behind TROAE from 8V

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2024, 05:11:05 PM »
Yeah, it was great live.  If they did it, it might make sense to have it paired in the set with another song with the baritone guitar, but I'm not sure how many of those they have for that tuning.  Is it just BMU/BMD, or was Panic Attack also on baritone?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2024, 06:52:01 PM »
BMU, BMD is on 7 string

Baritone songs are:

Blind Faith
These Walls
Panic Attack
Wither
Raw Dog (Maybe)
Paralyzed
Out of Reach

To answer the OP

1. Afterlife
2. Lines in the Sand
3. Beyond this Life (w/ the big jam section in the middle)
4. The Way it Used to Be
5. In the Name of God
6. Octavarium
7. Behind the Veil
8. Breaking All Illusions
9. S2N
10. Awaken the Master
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 07:03:01 PM by Metro »

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2024, 07:10:03 PM »
1: Octavarium
2: The Glass Prison
3: Blind Faith
4: Honor Thy Father
5: In The Presence Of Enemies Part 2 (or both parts)
6: Lines In The Sand
7: Panic Attack
8: This Dying Soul
9: Trial Of Tears
10: Hollow Years

The only songs on that list I've seen them play live before are Panic Attack, Trial Of Tears, and Hollow Years, but it's been a long time and I'd love for them to be brought back. The rest is all some of my favorite songs that I've never seen them play. I know Petrucci struggles with some guitar lines in The Glass Prison and Blind Faith, but if that's the only reason they don't play them I'd rather they just simplify those parts and play them anyways.

BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline krands85

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024, 07:33:09 PM »
1. Octavarium - bit of a travesty that such a fan favourite hasn't been played since 2006! Tough to fit it in to setlists of course, but I was stunned they managed to fit in two 'epics' on the 2022 tour and Octavarium wasn't one of them. It's also my #3 DT song and I've seen the 2 above it.
2. In the Name of God - It hasn't been played since 2010 and it's another of my favourites that I haven't seen - it's my #5.
3. The Glass Prison - Like Octavarium, it hasn't made an appearance since 2006. I'd love to see this one, but I'm not holding out much hope. I seem to recall people suggesting it's possibly too difficult to play well, perhaps the chance to play it was with MM and a click track, at the regular album tempo?
4. Sacrificed Sons - Always loved this song and felt it was a bit underrated, but I haven't seen it live. They haven't played it since 2010, so definitely due a comeback.
5. Lines in the Sand - another I haven't seen that hasn't seen the light of day for over 15 years, it looks like 2008 was its last outing.
6. Endless Sacrifice - one of my favourites since I first started listening to the band, but I've never caught it live. A bit further down my list though as they played it much more recently than the others.
7. The Ministry of Lost Souls - similar story to Endless Sacrifice
8. At Wit's End - one of my favourites from their most recent albums. The last time they played it was actually in Glasgow, so I would have seen it, but I didn't go to that tour.
9. In the Presence of Enemies - Another one of my favourites, I don't think they've played this in full since 2008. Understandable with it's length, so I don't foresee it coming back and I'd much rather see Octavarium for a song of this length.
10. Surrender to Reason - not one of my absolute favourites, but it deserves to be played live at some point.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2024, 08:15:32 PM »
01: Octavarium
02: The Glass Prison
03: Stream of Consciousness
04: The Best of Times
05: Only a Matter of Time
06: Lines in the Sand
07: Panic Attack
08: Constant Motion
09: Blind Faith
10: Afterlife
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 08:43:38 PM »
1. S2N – love this song, gives JM the chance to shine, would be great with MP and JP trading vocals with JL
2. Surrender to Reason – great song that has yet to see the light of day
3. Light Fuse and Get Away – personal favorite from WDaDU that hasn’t been played enough
4. Raw Dog – an instrumental I really like and would love to see live
5. You or Me – about time the proper version of this song gets an airing
6. The Way It Used to Be – forgotten “outtake” from FII that deserves to be played again
7. Behind the Veil – great song that only got played a handful of times
8. Don’t Look Past Me – forgotten “outtake” from IaW that didn’t get enough chances to be heard
9. The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun – second favorite from WDaDU that needs to be played again
10. Wither – great song that only got played a handful of times

bonus: 12SS – would love to see this finally happen with the band

As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 09:24:10 PM »
Well, its an easy start.
1. Octavarium. My #1 song of any band.
Now there's more flexibility.

2. Surrender to Reason or Behind the Veil - I like BtV more but I would be happy with the never-played-live StR

3. The Glass Prision - what a high energy rocker that would be!

4. Something from FII. Peruvian Skies, although played many times, is a top song for me I'd love see . Trial of Tears or Just Let Me Breathe I'd also dig.

5. Disappear. My heart moves every time

6. While we're there, The Best of Times. My heart will be tender for this, perfect time to see it.

7. Breaking All Illusions. Because this just has to be played more and I havent seen it.  :biggrin:

7. The Mirror/Lie. I know they played it fairly recently but its a great pair. (Or 1 song ;))

8. Surrounded

9. Sacrificed Sons. It's such a cool and epic song.

10. A Rite of Passage. I want to see that middle part.

And...room in the songs for JP to do some extra Fire Guitar! They seemed to do that more in the early days.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM »
1. Octavarium
2. Outcry
3. Forsaken
4. Wither
5. Moment of Betrayal
6. Out of Reach
7. Breaking All Illusions
8. Space Dye Vest
9. These Walls
10. At Wit's End

BAI is the only one I've heard live on this list, and I hope they keep it around. The others are all bucket list. 💙

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2024, 10:30:27 PM »
Disappear

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2024, 10:51:14 PM »
Edit number two....fine, I ranked them.
1. You Not Me (seriously)

2. Light Fuse and Get Away

3. Take Away My Pain (album version, not Kenny G version)

4. Raw Dog (seriously)

5.Misunderstood

6.Disappear

7.This Is The Life

8.S2N

9.Out of Reach

And hell, I don't even like the song (and I don't hate it) but just play

10. Surrender to Reason

Edit: autocorrect doesn't like me saying hell but to hell with it

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 12:06:18 PM by Madman Shepherd »

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2024, 11:05:46 PM »
In no particular order:

Light Fuse and Get Away

You Not Me (seriously)

Take Away My Pain (album version, not Kenny G version)

Raw Dog (seriously)

Misunderstood

Disappear

This Is The Life

S2N

Out of Reach

And he'll, I don't even like the song (and I don't hate it) but just play Surrender to Reason

Ooh, I forgot about This is the Life. Can I have a #11? 😁

Offline lovethedrake

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 11:20:00 PM »
1. Glass Prison - Killer song, would be killer to see live again.

2. At Wit's End - my favorite song of the Mangini era and I didn't get to see it live.

3. Fatal Tragedy - Because its amazing!

4. Learning to live - Because its amazing!

5. Dance with Eternity - just incredible musicianship and would be awesome to see it played with the classic lineup again.

6. Metropolis - Because its amazing!

7. Home - Labrie always slays this song

8. The Great Debate - Unique, would be fun to hear live again.

9. Scarred - Would love to hear an Awake song that isn't Caught in the Web or 6:00.

10.  A view from the top of the world - never saw it live and would love to hear Portnoy's take on it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 11:44:30 PM »
1-9: Disappear
10: Octavarium
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2024, 12:17:52 AM »
I've been lucky enough to see Octavarium on several occasions but it's obvious the fan base as a whole is clamouring for it and I'd love to see it again, too. Anyway, in no particular order:

Octavarium
Trial of Tears
These Walls
The Glass Prison
Blind Faith (with non-improvised piano break this time, Jordan!)
The Answer Lies Within
Vacant
Stream of Consciousness
The Best of Times (zero chance. MP said again recently that he struggles to even listen to it)
Take Away My Pain

I've actually seen them play all those bar the last two, I think.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2024, 01:37:20 AM »
Pale Blue Dot
The Alien
Surrender To Reason
Home
Scarred
Lie
Lines in The Sand
The Glass Prison
Honor Thy Father
Panic Attack

I'd love to see the first third of "A View..." again, but I figure that's a longer shot than the other Mangini tracks on my list.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2024, 02:08:24 AM »
1. Octavarium. Long overdue and a great way to remember the days of a glorious past.
2. A Change of Seasons. This is an alternative for Octavarium, at least a bigass epic should be there for a reunion tour especially special.
3. The Glass Prison. Another fan favorite long overdue.
4. These Walls. Octavarium was criminally underrated in the Mangini era. Change that with a short, concise and beautiful song.
5. The Mirror. Being self serving here, I love the song. Now that MP is back he can do backing vocals again. "HYPOCRITE!!!!". "RrrrrrreeeesisTANCE!".
6. Trail of Tears. Masterpiece. I actually had written Peruvian Skies with FII in mind but then I realized this song is even better and probably James could sing it very good.
7. Wither. Never heard it live and it can be a nice cooling down moment.
8. Forsaken. Same as above, never heard it live and I reckon it was played only in Mangini's welcome tour.
9. Trascending Time. It's not unheard of that a band pays homage to an album by playing a song that was actually skipped in the tour for that album.
10. The Bigger Picture. Best song off the self titled.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2024, 02:11:28 AM »
You Not Me (seriously)

I've been blessed with seeing DT many times since 1999, and I heard everything I wanted to hear. 5 minutes dedicated to a song I never heard live (like most of us) and that I never really disliked would be fine for me.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2024, 03:56:56 AM »
I was thinking of which of my favorite songs I haven't seen live, but I'm pretty sure I've seem almost all of them. Also, I haven't seen DT since the self titled album tour, so I'd probably be happy with anything, but let's play along

1. Blind Faith - My favorite DT song. No need to explain this one
2. Lifting shadows off a dream - One of the most underrated songs from their catalogue IMO. Just a beautiful peace of music that I don't think I've seen live yet.
3. Goodnight Kiss - Another beautiful song that I haven't seen live.
4. The best of times - MP is back in the band and this should be on the menu. Another song I believe is very underated and beautiful.
5. Bridges in the sky - This song is one of the few that I really love from the MM era and I'd love to hear MP's take on the drums
6. Barstool Warrior - Another of the songs from the MM era that I really like and haven't had a chance to see live
7. The way it used to be - Maybe a bit hard for James, but a hidden gem in their catalogue.
8. Only a matter of time - I know this is not going to happen and that I'm in the minority, but this song is just amazing. If WDADU is represented I think this is the song that should do it.
9. Ocatvarium - I'll jump on this train. I got to see this one the first time I attended a DT concert and it was amazing. I wouldn't mind witnessing it yet again
10. Take away my pain - Same as #3
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2024, 04:01:58 AM »
I'd love to see the first third of "A View..." again

Oh, me too! 💖 And the title song (ok, this whole thing is my #11 and 12). In fact anything from this album, regardless of it being so soon.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2024, 04:03:17 AM »
Octavarium.

That's it.