Author Topic: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 2 album listening commenced  (Read 46177 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 5 Bizarro Kipman is up!
« Reply #1785 on: April 06, 2024, 04:11:03 PM »
But the Skunkworks artist was Storm Thurgeson. :P

And that's definitely Stadler.

:facepalm:  Yes.

Still need the song.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Can't believe I stumped you all, okay here's some hints that should really help.

Round 5 Bizarro Kipman!!

For some of these, each part of the hint represents a word in the song/band title, but in others both parts of the hint can both represent a single name entry.

1. to cut/Bloodletting - number/Judas Priest song (hint: Greek meaning - Sad Wings)
2. Aquaman connection/Corn - Political term (hint: very very close intimate connection - alliance)
3. Cough/Adrian - hitting the ton/asshole who loves themselves - SikTh - Century of the Narcissist - (romdrums)
4. Shark nickname/Yes  -  Propel with force/Anselmo (hint: Aussie sport/guitar - meaning/band)
5. Australian sportswear/Sea Edge  -  Acute or referred/Not leaving - Lorna Shore - Pain Remains Part 2 (Lonk)
6. Alter or modify/non clear food wrap  -  Building outline/GTFO room - Amendfoil - Skyline Escape - (TAC)
7. 3 letter Acronym/Don't do this  -  Number close to 100/miserable human (hint: American rock band - number is in the 90's) - CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings
8. Extended word that's not actually a word?/Things that will necessarily happen in the future -  Do not want/Betrayal (Word starts with D from France, metal - another word for both)
9. Stadler - Martin ADP album artist/Boss - Trivium song/Up  -  (hint: google for the first part for the album/blatantly obvious nickname - Growl less Trivium) - Bruce Springsteen (TAC)
10. Joe Surfer/Claw - Pushback/5 years from now - (hint: Think of a Joe that had a song about a surfer/Literally 5 years from now) - Silver Talon - Resistance 2029 (TAC)
11. Cough/Adrian - Joker/Collective humans - SikTh - Riddles of Humanity - (romdrums/ariich)
12. Trio of Subordinates  -  Before me/Year (hint: Lead by a punk icon - A year well before I was born)
13. Expressing movement or action/Large Gap  - Never got this far in a book/out of the packet/the way we look at things
14. We Want ...?.../Open area  -  of play/get to one place to another (hint: Live album - word that fits before 'of play'
15. Smith/Dickinson credit  -  Athena/Your dream crush is - Darkest Hour -   TAC
16. Mentally unsound/triple dance  -  evil being/kind being - Psychotic Waltz - Devils and Angels (Evermind)
17. Egypt horizon/another word for P in certain organization name found a certain somewhere - DT ballad - (hint: Egyptian word for the horizon/My organization - Mid career DT)
18. Maximum/Minimum -  Metal does this to you/kind of measurement of time - (value of a function - it makes you what?/Eternity

Go!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1787 on: April 06, 2024, 04:18:55 PM »
:facepalm:  Yes.

Still need the song.

I'm not fucking scrolling though Bruce Springsteen's discography! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1788 on: April 06, 2024, 04:22:20 PM »
Mirrormaze-Ice 7 or Prisoner?

Chad!

I thought of Mirrormaze actually but I had no clue how Mirror related to Aquaman. I figured it out..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1789 on: April 06, 2024, 04:22:52 PM »
I'm not fucking scrolling though Bruce Springsteen's discography! :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1790 on: April 06, 2024, 04:23:53 PM »

Chad!

I thought of Mirrormaze actually but I had no clue how Mirror related to Aquaman. I figured it out..

It's not Mirrormaze.

Looks at the hints. 

Aquaman - very very close intimate connection

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1791 on: April 06, 2024, 04:24:29 PM »
I should add if it wasn't obvious, the first part of the new hints relates to the first part of the original (artist) and the second part the second (song).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1792 on: April 07, 2024, 04:47:02 AM »
Looks like I won't be trying bizarro hangman again. :lol

Anyway, here's who sent the song relating to the hints.  Will reveal in the morning and share the playlist;

Round 5 Bizarro Kipman!!

For some of these, each part of the hint represents a word in the song/band title, but in others both parts of the hint can both represent a single name entry.

1. TAC - to cut/Bloodletting - number/Judas Priest song (hint: Greek meaning to cut - Sad Wings)
2. lonestar - Aquaman connection/Corn - Political term (hint: very very close intimate connection like........sleeps with - alliance)
3. Shadow Ninja - Cough/Adrian - hitting the ton/asshole who loves themselves - SikTh - Century of the Narcissist - (romdrums)
4. Lonk - Shark nickname/Yes  -  Propel with force/Anselmo (hint: Aussie sporting great/guitar - meaning/band) - Greg Howe - Throwdown - (TAC)
5. Dr. DTVT - Australian sportswear/Sea Edge  -  Acute or referred/Not leaving - Lorna Shore - Pain Remains Part 2 (Lonk)
6. Crow - Alter or modify/non clear food wrap  -  Building outline/GTFO room - Amendfoil - Skyline Escape - (TAC)
7. Reaper - 3 letter Acronym/Don't do this  -  Number close to 100/miserable human (hint: American rock band - number is in the 90's) - CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings
8. Evermind - Extended word that's not actually a word?/Things that will necessarily happen in the future -  Do not want/Betrayal (Word starts with D from France, metal - another word for both) - Destinity - Reject the Deceit (TAC)
9. Stadler - Martin ADP album artist/Boss - Trivium song/Up  -  (hint: google for the first part for the album/blatantly obvious nickname - Growl less Trivium) - Bruce Springsteen - The Rising (TAC)
10. Litho - Joe Surfer/Claw - Pushback/5 years from now - (hint: Think of a Joe that had a song about a surfer/Literally 5 years from now) - Silver Talon - Resistance 2029 (TAC)
11. romdrums - Cough/Adrian - Joker/Collective humans - SikTh - Riddles of Humanity - (romdrums/ariich)
12. Sacul - Trio of Subordinates  -  Before me/Year (hint: Lead by a punk icon - A year well before I was born)
13. Jingle - Expressing movement or action/Large Gap  - Never got this far in a book/out of the packet/the way we look at things
14. King - We Want ...?.../Open area  -  of play/get to one place to another (hint: Live album from guitar great - word that fits before 'of play' - The Moor (TAC)
15. Puppies - Smith/Dickinson credit  -  Athena/Your dream crush is - Darkest Hour -   (TAC)
16. ariich - Mentally unsound/triple dance  -  evil being/kind being - Psychotic Waltz - Devils and Angels (Evermind)
17. twosuitluke - Egypt horizon/another word for P in certain organization name found a certain somewhere - DT ballad - (hint: Egyptian word for the horizon/My organization - Mid career DT)
18. Indi - Maximum/Minimum -  Metal does this to you/kind of measurement of time - (value of a function - it makes you what?/another word for Eternity

Go!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 06:08:21 PM by wolfking »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1793 on: April 07, 2024, 04:48:16 AM »

Chad!

Who the fuck is Mirrormaze?  I guess if "maze" or "project" is in the band name, you automatically assume me??  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1794 on: April 07, 2024, 05:37:17 AM »
I think because Mirrormaze sounds like a wussy generic prog metal band.  ;D

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1795 on: April 07, 2024, 07:36:43 AM »

:lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1796 on: April 07, 2024, 07:55:58 AM »

Laugh it up... that "wussy generic prog metal" is what helped me win your last roulette!  :P
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1797 on: April 07, 2024, 02:26:11 PM »
Who the fuck is Mirrormaze?  I guess if "maze" or "project" is in the band name, you automatically assume me??  :lol

I thought you turned me on to Mirrormaze. You'd like them. I'm shocked you've never heard of them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1798 on: April 07, 2024, 02:43:22 PM »

Laugh it up... that "wussy generic prog metal" is what helped me win your last roulette!  :P
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1799 on: April 07, 2024, 03:26:19 PM »
No other answers?  Even with the added hints?.  Jeez, I didn't think these were that hard.  :lol

Might do a regular hangman to finish this off in a couple hours.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1800 on: April 07, 2024, 03:40:49 PM »
It's also the weekend dude...I mean I'm fucking clueless, but maybe the more clever peeps just ain't around

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1801 on: April 07, 2024, 03:44:17 PM »
I haven't had a chance to really work on it today. Work-nap-and now my wife is home.  :lol
Gotta go to the airport tonight too!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1802 on: April 07, 2024, 04:45:07 PM »
The We Want is obviously Moore, or More..Morefield.?Morland?

Fieldfly? Fielddrive?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1803 on: April 07, 2024, 04:53:29 PM »
It's also the weekend dude...I mean I'm fucking clueless, but maybe the more clever peeps just ain't around

True.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1804 on: April 07, 2024, 04:55:05 PM »
The We Want is obviously Moore, or More..Morefield.?Morland?

Fieldfly? Fielddrive?

I'll give that to you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1805 on: April 07, 2024, 05:13:57 PM »
Round 5 Bizarro Kipman!!

1. TAC - to cut/Bloodletting - number/Judas Priest song (hint: Greek meaning to cut - Sad Wings)

Melodic death metal from France who are now split up.

2. lonestar - Aquaman connection/Corn - Political term (hint: very very close intimate connection like........sleeps with - alliance)

who in your life are you very intimate with?  Just noticed this band only had one EP in 2014 and this single in 2020.  Yeah, no wonder no one is getting it

8. Evermind - Extended word that's not actually a word?/Things that will necessarily happen in the future -  Do not want/Betrayal (Word starts with D from France, metal - another word for both)

I am destined to finish this hangman man, it will be solved.  Band has 9 albums in total, first in 1999 last in 2021

12. Sacul - Trio of Subordinates  -  Before me/Year (hint: Lead by a punk icon - A year well before I was born)

Another word for subordinates.  Singer doesn't like shirts.

13. Jingle - Expressing movement or action/Large Gap  - Never got this far in a book/out of the packet/the way we look at things

Instrumental.  Large gap can also be called a great .......?

14. King - We Want ...?.../Open area  -  of play/get to one place to another (hint: Live album from guitar great - word that fits before 'of play' - The Moor TAC

That was a wonder ....... of play.

15. Puppies - Smith/Dickinson credit  -  Athena/Your dream crush is - Darkest Hour -   TAC

Goddess was almost right.

17. twosuitluke - Egypt horizon/another word for P in certain organization name found a certain somewhere - DT ballad - (hint: Egyptian word for the horizon/My organization - Mid career DT)

Progressive black metal from UK.  Formed in 1997.  Egyptian first part of the band name also means 'lion's torso'.  Second part can also be a surname.  Can also mean rooster.

18. Indi - Maximum/Minimum -  Metal does this to you/kind of measurement of time - (value of a function - it makes you what?/another word for Eternity

Minimum to maximum is like one ......... to another, but chuck an a on there.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 06:08:57 PM by wolfking »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1806 on: April 07, 2024, 05:16:36 PM »

This has me thinking.  I didn't really think about where the games fall in the week.  Obviously they go over my weekend too, but this one was later than normal.  I'm just strict to stay on schedule, but I'll post results Wed/Thu, get submissions and then will post the hangman game Tuesday morning my time, then lead into results Friday morning my time.  that might work a little better for the last few rounds.

I often forgot sometimes sitting here Monday morning it's still Sunday for most of you.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1807 on: April 07, 2024, 05:28:57 PM »
And we could all submit now to speed up the interim times....

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1808 on: April 07, 2024, 05:35:57 PM »

I'm actually not sure what I'm going with next round. I'll probably use my Wild Card.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1809 on: April 07, 2024, 05:40:11 PM »

I think that's a reason that has me thinking pushing everything back a couple of days.  I didn't get all submissions so I couldn't post the game until Friday evening my time, which obviously leads into the weekend.  Giving people the weekend to submit may help.  Submitting now probably wouldn't help because it's Monday morning here, I'd look to have to post the game tomorrow, which won't happen.

First world problems I know and while I'm a creature of habit and routine, might go that route.  I don't see delaying a couple of days will hurt.  Still got first impressions to go for this round so it's not like anything will be majorly behind.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1810 on: April 07, 2024, 05:47:08 PM »
Destinity-Reject the Deceit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1811 on: April 07, 2024, 05:51:26 PM »
Destinity-Reject the Deceit.

Nice.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1812 on: April 07, 2024, 05:54:52 PM »
Greg Howe-Throw Down

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1813 on: April 07, 2024, 06:01:15 PM »
Springsteen song is The Rising. That's a nice tune.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 06:10:55 PM by TAC »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1814 on: April 07, 2024, 06:10:04 PM »
I'm actually not sure what I'm going with next round. I'll probably use my Wild Card.

Good chance you'll win a freebie here anyway.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1815 on: April 07, 2024, 06:11:02 PM »
The Moor song isn't The Road is it?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1816 on: April 07, 2024, 06:19:39 PM »
Manticora-1969 Enigma?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1817 on: April 07, 2024, 06:20:01 PM »
The Moor song isn't The Road is it?

No, but on the right track.

Manticora-1969 Enigma?

Nope.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1818 on: April 07, 2024, 06:21:32 PM »
An extra day or so with these songs may be handy also.  A real mixed bag and a lot of songs that I didn't think much of are really opening up.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1819 on: April 08, 2024, 01:16:52 AM »
I've been super busy over the weekend and consumed with Wrestlemania when not busy parenting and such. I'll see if I can hazard some guesses while I work today.