Author Topic: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 2 album listening commenced  (Read 46275 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
She definitely is. .with you. Lol.

I know. I'm going on 30 years this October.

Ugh...she's now watching The Amazing Race. WTF? And people wonder why I don't watch the shithole that is TV.

Mainstream TV these is just like setting fire to your IQ, it's fucking horrible.

I'm with Tim on all of this (including marrying a woman who's brain was filly formed and thus not swayed by my bullshit!).  More often than not when I come to bed, she's watching some Live Is Blind, or 90 Day Fiance or Married At First Sight and I want to punch these people in the face.  It's "reality TV" but there's nothing "real" about any of it; these are just attention whores.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

Ugh...she's now watching The Amazing Race. WTF? And people wonder why I don't watch the shithole that is TV.

Mainstream TV these is just like setting fire to your IQ, it's fucking horrible.

I'm with Tim on all of this (including marrying a woman who's brain was filly formed and thus not swayed by my bullshit!).  More often than not when I come to bed, she's watching some Live Is Blind, or 90 Day Fiance or Married At First Sight and I want to punch these people in the face.  It's "reality TV" but there's nothing "real" about any of it; these are just attention whores.

I couldn't agree with Stadler more, a rare occurrence. I'm not sure what's worse, the reality shit or what passes for a major network sitcom these days, I haven't been able to handle one since Cheers. My parents are way into Big Bang Theory, and I may get a smile or two per episode.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

I couldn't agree with Stadler more, a rare occurrence. I'm not sure what's worse, the reality shit or what passes for a major network sitcom these days, I haven't been able to handle one since Cheers. My parents are way into Big Bang Theory, and I may get a smile or two per episode.

To continue the love-fest, I'm with you on the sit-coms.   My father-in-law watch a lot of reruns at night and we get the early M*A*S*H, Cheers, Hogan's Heroes, even some older stuff... and it doesn't compare. Everything is so snarky and condescending these days. It's hard to watch.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v3. V. Call Sucal for round 2!!!
« Reply #633 on: March 14, 2024, 08:48:56 AM »
Can I suggest Bill & RJ, 30 Rock or Brooklyn Nine Nine?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #634 on: March 14, 2024, 08:53:31 AM »
You can... I probably won't watch them though. I have zero desire for sitcoms at all, it's all drama and action for me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #635 on: March 14, 2024, 09:19:46 AM »
They really are funny. Try a little Brooklyn Nine Nine and tell me what you think?  2 episodes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #636 on: March 14, 2024, 09:21:55 AM »
A few years ago, a guy begged me at work to try The Big Bang Theory. It couldn’t have been worse unfunnier.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #637 on: March 14, 2024, 09:34:19 AM »
Get on the classic British comedies from the noughties:

Spaced
Peep Show
Black Books
Green Wing
The Mighty Boosh
Father Ted
The League of Gentlemen

OK, those last two were 90s, but still.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #638 on: March 14, 2024, 09:36:27 AM »
A few years ago, a guy begged me at work to try The Big Bang Theory. It couldn’t have been worse unfunnier.

Dude right? Every time I'm stuck watching an episode with my parents, I'm just lost in the unfunny.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #639 on: March 14, 2024, 09:38:51 AM »
I actually didn't mind the first couple of seasons of the Big Bang Theory.

Not sure if it qualifies as a sitcom, but The Good Place is great.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2024, 09:41:39 AM »

Dude right? Every time I'm stuck watching an episode with my parents, I'm just lost in the unfunny.

I'm with you, and it's on - double episodes! - right after the local news, so I get at least a partial dose every day! 

It was okay in the first season when Sheldon was full-on spectrum and Howard was a full-on pig, but like every sit-com they get full of themselves and every character has to be redeemed and they jumped the shark really early.  You can always tell when the cast is feeling themselves; you start to see them laughing on camera at the jokes; Rob Reiner never cracked a smile on All In The Family, and neither did Larry Linville on M*A*S*H. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2024, 09:41:54 AM »
I actually didn't mind the first couple of seasons of the Big Bang Theory.

Not sure if it qualifies as a sitcom, but The Good Place is great.

I'll give you that one.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #642 on: March 14, 2024, 10:04:11 AM »
Last major network sitcom's I endured thru were Modern Family, and The Goldbergs.  They were great to start, but really tailed off over the final 2-3 seasons.  Mrs.jingle watches Abbott Elementary nowadays, but I'm not feeling it.

Schitt's Creek was A+ start to finish.  They knew when to call it quits, and go out on a high.

Streaming, there have been a few comedies we've watched (Maisel), but nothing I'd call a traditional sitcom.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #643 on: March 14, 2024, 10:06:14 AM »
Schitt's Creek was A+ start to finish.  They knew when to call it quits, and go out on a high.

100% this.

Also, still running, but What We Do In the Shadows is pretty good.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #644 on: March 14, 2024, 10:11:20 AM »

Not all TV needs to be a thought-provoking drama, sometimes you just want a show to requires little engagement and you can shut your mind off to if you want.

What is the difference between Susie yelling at Larry calling him a fuckfack on Curb'd and a contestant yelling at another contestant on the Bachelor for not being there for "the right reasons".

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2024, 10:24:54 AM »
Obviously It's Always Sunny is the best though. Anyone who disagrees just failed an ocular pat down.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #646 on: March 14, 2024, 11:45:12 AM »

Spaced
Peep Show
Black Books
The Mighty Boosh
Father Ted

Have you met my associate, Kenneth?

Add the Steve Coogan shows Darkplace to the list.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: March 14, 2024, 12:06:01 PM »

Not all TV needs to be a thought-provoking drama, sometimes you just want a show to requires little engagement and you can shut your mind off to if you want.

What is the difference between Susie yelling at Larry calling him a fuckfack on Curb'd and a contestant yelling at another contestant on the Bachelor for not being there for "the right reasons".

Oh, don't assume; I love the mindless as much as the next guy.  I watch every episode of "Curse Of Oak Island", Family Feud with Steve Harvey, and was an Archer watcher to the end!  That's kind of why I DON'T like the reality stuff; every thing IS so serious, and everyone has a story and blah blah blah. It's as predictable as an AC/DC record. Like, I really think those people think they are true celebrities.

As for the last part, I have no sense whatsoever that Susie Essman has any agenda other than trying to make Jeff Garland laugh mid scene.  Those talentless hacks on The Bachelor that take themselves so seriously are 180 degrees from that. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 12:11:36 PM by Stadler »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #648 on: March 14, 2024, 12:10:04 PM »
I'm not much of a comedy or sitcom guy (my sense of humor is pretty dumb and weird), but I loved Bojack Horseman, in particular seasons 4 and 5. The former is so emotionally devastating, the other is hilarious.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #649 on: March 14, 2024, 12:13:31 PM »

Spaced
Peep Show
Black Books
The Mighty Boosh
Father Ted

Have you met my associate, Kenneth?

With how horny this lot are, I've no doubt they're well acquainted.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #650 on: March 14, 2024, 01:47:42 PM »

It's absolute fucking shit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v3. V. Round 2 game soon!
« Reply #651 on: March 14, 2024, 01:49:27 PM »
Seinfeld set the bar too high, everything else after it pales in comparison.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #652 on: March 14, 2024, 01:50:05 PM »

It's so refreshing to see all the negativity towards this show, most of my family loves it and as the biggest nerd in the family I felt like I should but damn it's just so fucking stupid to me. :lol

Seinfeld and Friends did absolutely nothing for me. Cheers was the last good sitcom in my eyes.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: March 14, 2024, 01:52:45 PM »

It's so refreshing to see all the negativity towards this show, most of my family loves it and as the biggest nerd in the family I felt like I should but damn it's just so fucking stupid to me. :lol

Seinfeld and Friends did absolutely nothing for me. Cheers was the last good sitcom in my eyes.

It actually makes me sick how popular Big Bang is.  I can't articulate enough how much I hate it.

Seinfeld I think you love it or hate it.  Friends I agree with you on.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #654 on: March 14, 2024, 01:53:39 PM »
Seinfeld is the best.  180 episodes which I've seen 75-100 times at least.  Around 15,000 views.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: March 14, 2024, 01:54:28 PM »
I’ll pile on with the BBT hate. Absolute tripe.

Friends was good at the time, but it has not aged well.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: March 14, 2024, 01:55:15 PM »
Seinfeld is the best.  180 episodes which I've seen 75-100 times at least.  Around 15,000 views.

I'm in this ballpark too.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: March 14, 2024, 01:55:56 PM »
I’ll pile on with the BBT hate. Absolute tripe.

Friends was good at the time, but it has not aged well.

Actually I think that's a good description when it comes to Friends.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: March 14, 2024, 01:57:35 PM »
I've never once understood the popularity of BBT.  I've tried, but Sheldon isn't funny at all.

Friends is good but definitely hasn't aged well.

Nothing beats Seinfeld.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: March 14, 2024, 02:13:36 PM »
Seinfeld still ages well... even the non-woke topics like the Cigar Store Indian and "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #660 on: March 14, 2024, 02:15:15 PM »
It's a fresh now as it was back then.  Its actually incredible how well it still stands up today.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #661 on: March 14, 2024, 02:23:39 PM »
Oh Hello American Joe, which way to Hamburger/Hotdog stand?  I'm sure it triggers some people, but I find it comedy gold.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: March 14, 2024, 02:27:55 PM »
No I meant cause you're a mailman and would know the area.

Oh...ask honourable Chinaman for location of restaurant.

:lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #663 on: March 14, 2024, 02:30:16 PM »
 :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There's a free to air channel over here at the moment that plays double episodes each weeknight at 7.30!  Fucking perfect!