Author Topic: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 2 album listening commenced  (Read 46081 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i mean yeah i assumed we were still pre-game bcuz it was the same title as pre-game :V
i haven't been very actively paying attention to DTF this week anyways so

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
i didn't even realize hangarang started bcuz the thread title never updated  :lol
not that i'd be trying too hard at it anyways so

This makes me laugh that you would only venture in due to the thread title updating?  :lol

I'll change it now.
:lol

And yes that Hamferð album is excellent, and Ev sent the best song from it. Interested to see what Kade thinks of it.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
i mean yeah i assumed we were still pre-game bcuz it was the same title as pre-game :V
i haven't been very actively paying attention to DTF this week anyways so

Fair point to be honest.  I did say though in my posts during sign up when I was looking to kick off.  I'll try and be more informative.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Kinda feel Puppies deserves something for no one getting either his band, song or him as the sender, fucking impressive.  I'll sleep on that.
:metal :corn

I could have easily won Jingle's last roulette if he actually liked black metal. I've got some obscure stuff.... Although Farsot isn't even that obscure.

You can get a free wildcard song next round too I've decided mate.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
I'd recommend occasionally changing the thread title to completely random things so people have to go search for it.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'd recommend occasionally changing the thread title to completely random things so people have to go search for it.

:lol  you definitely kept us on our toes. Should've titled it the Bassist Countdown Thread, complete with shitpost update :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Kinda feel Puppies deserves something for no one getting either his band, song or him as the sender, fucking impressive.  I'll sleep on that.
:metal :corn

I could have easily won Jingle's last roulette if he actually liked black metal. I've got some obscure stuff.... Although Farsot isn't even that obscure.

You can get a free wildcard song next round too I've decided mate.
:leaveseyes:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Here's the playlist by the way;

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2TIWI46ZdrHLhwpqPAg6Fl?si=d54ce6d04a4d41f1

Might leave first impressions for a day, it's only Saturday, not sure if getting into impressions already would be going a bit too quick.  Especially when Indi is doing his now too.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Luke and Puppies managed to do the :17 thing!

Said that, that's an orgy of bad horny orcs circling jingle's, Stadler's and my song with bad horny intent.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
And there's one song clocking at 7:16. Oof. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And there's one song clocking at 7:16. Oof. :lol

Yep consolation prize there either.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Might leave first impressions for a day, it's only Saturday, not sure if getting into impressions already would be going a bit too quick.  Especially when Indi is doing his now too.

I'm going in.  Pray for me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline twosuitsluke

Just a heads up, anyone adding songs to playlists to send in this roulette, set them to private if you don't want to give stuff away during hangman.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol  You're fucked.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just a heads up, anyone adding songs to playlists to send in this roulette, set them to private if you don't want to give stuff away during hangman.

Did I do something wrong?  Or is there something I should have done with the playlist?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Playlists are public by default, anyone who knows your username can see them on your profile. So unless you set them to private first, any future playlists you make will be visible on there, revealing the songs.

Offline twosuitsluke

Did I do something wrong?  Or is there something I should have done with the playlist?

You didn't do anything wrong, but yea as I know your profile now I could look in any future playlists you make, if they aren't private.

Also, I came across Lonestar's playlist in searching for yours.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol  You're fucked.

It wasn't *all* bad.  Thoughts along with how long I lasted

Crow: Astolat  -  Sisyphus: amazingly, the whole damn thing.  The opening 2 minutes was dope - actually the whole thing was dope musically.  The harsh vocals were actually tolerable.
Indi: Matteo Mancuso  -  Drop D: this has some zhuuje to it. :tup
Lonestar: Kokeshi - Kaiba Ni Shizumu: 8 seconds.  I listened to the whole thing once for RJ, and that was more than enough
King: Nospun - …And Then There Was One:  the whole thing.  This album is dope af, and a strong contender for my 2023 AOTY.  Can’t wait to see them at PPUSA.
TAC: Allegaeon - Biomech - Vals No.666:  55 seconds
Jazzo: The Offering -  Ultraviolence: 2 painful minutes
Lonk: Black Anvil -  Margin For Terror: 56 seconds
Shadow Ninja: Caladan Brood -  Wild Autumn Wind: 40 seconds.  Musically it started ok, but those were some serious Orcs
Dr. DTVT : Charlie Griffiths  -  Arctic Cemetery:  The whole thing. This was suh-weeeeeet!!!  Until the 56 second mark.  Why d’ya have to go an ruin it?!?!?  Still, the growls were manageable.
romdrums: Obsidious -  Iconic: 90 seconds
Stadler: U.K.  -  In The Dead of Night: The whole thing - I should probably explore more UK.
Reaper: Toska (TAC)  -  Illumo: the whole thing - instrumental, but not quite floating my boat
Evermind: Hamferð  -  Evst: 45 seconds
Ariich: Euphoreon -  Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining: the first 1:20 was enjoyable … then the vox kicked in.  I patiently waited to see if there were any cleans, and gave up at 2 minutes.
twosuitluke: Astronoid  -  Up and Atom: I gave up after about 2.5 minutes, given the repeated blasty-blast beats.  Sounds like the female version of Devy
Sacul: Obsidian Kingdom -  Last of the Light: 18 seconds.  Nope.  Just nope.
Puppies: Farsot  -  Thematik: Tod.  I was lulled into a false sense of security.  The first 30 seconds were ok, then it went full on “Puppies”.  Once the “vocals” kicked in, I made it about 8 seconds.  My dogs are more coherent than this.

Now on to Indi's playlist to cleanse my ears.  :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

You didn't do anything wrong, but yea as I know your profile now I could look in any future playlists you make, if they aren't private.

Also, I came across Lonestar's playlist in searching for yours.

So you saw a bunch of unintelligible Japanese translations and some Chinese characters. Congrats lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
~40 seconds if he doesn't mind the heavy guitar riff in the beginning (growls kick in at ~0:40), 5 seconds if he does.

Yeah that was pretty close to my guess. :lol

The chorus is the biggest hook in my song and it's all clean Chad, if you're curious you can skip to 1:17.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->

At risk of quoting the maestro of it, but what is a zhuuje?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
King: Nospun - …And Then There Was One:  the whole thing.  This album is dope af, and a strong contender for my 2023 AOTY.  Can’t wait to see them at PPUSA.
Good thing you rejected me from your roulette when I sent them to you. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

At risk of quoting the maestro of it, but what is a zhuuje?

My quasi-Italian team mate (italian by marriage) uses this term which we still aren't quite sure how to spell (so the above is the best I've come up with).  It's meant to mean imply swagger, strut, confidence, cockiness.  It's a compliment.  ;)

See my comment in the PPUSA thread.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Playlists are public by default, anyone who knows your username can see them on your profile. So unless you set them to private first, any future playlists you make will be visible on there, revealing the songs.

Ah okay, gotcha, when I make them I'll make them private.

Offline twosuitsluke

We getting those sweet first impressions dude?

I listened through the playlist earlier as well, and these songs are stellar (some I knew, some I didn't)...

Crow: Astolat  -  Sisyphus
King: Nospun - …And Then There Was One
TAC: Allegaeon - Biomech - Vals No.666
Shadow Ninja: Caladan Brood -  Wild Autumn Winf
Reaper: Toska -  Illumo
Sacul: Obsidian Kingdom -  Last of the Light

Also, Litho your song felt like a rip off of Surfacing by Slipknot, in places, I wasn't expecting that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 01:31:04 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's Sunday here but I won't be on a PC much til tonight.  I could post them now but won't be around most the day to update, so might wait.

Overall, a bit of a mixed round but mostly all good stuff.  Most of you coming out swinging with the heaviness.

Will easily be on track for results Thursday, might even push it to Wednesday though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
We getting those sweet first impressions dude?

Alright fuck it, I'll do it now before I head out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
First Kipressions

Some of these have already changed a little after a couple of listens but here we go;

Pretty stripped back and raw black metal and nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

Some really nice elements here, but I'm not sure on it just yet.  That solo though....

Quite generic for the style but still solid.

Wow, this is excellent.

Fanastic.  Some awkawrd melodies but love the atmosphere, plus the solo....of course.

Damn, some of these vocals even make me feel uncomfortable!

Pretty safe submission when it comes to my taste here but strong and as expected.

In my OP I said I was looking for unique, interesting music with something different.  Well, you delivered.

If I was bordering on depression before, I certainly have it now.

Jeez, this kind of just dragged the whole way through.

Wasn't sure at first but this has a very cool dark gloomy atmosphere and potential to grow.

Not sure these vocals or the melodies are going to get this across the mark unfortunately

Pretty standard but was a nice enough listen.

Wasn't too wowed by this on first listen, but the guitar playing may change that.

I can hear a lot of different influences here, and when the second half hit...'damn'!!

Fucking hell, talk about testing my limitations straight out of the gates!!

Yeah, not sure about this one.

I know you're high on these guys and I've tried them before, they didn't stick then and not sure if they will now.  Some nice moments though.

Looking at these, after a couple of listens, a few have changed quite a bit.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
This?

Wasn't sure at first but this has a very cool dark gloomy atmosphere and potential to grow.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Wasn't too wowed by this on first listen, but the guitar playing may change that.

^?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
First Kipressions

Wow, this is excellent.

Fanastic.  Some awkawrd melodies but love the atmosphere, plus the solo....of course.

Pretty safe submission when it comes to my taste here but strong and as expected.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
No to all.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i got the jingle seal of approval somehow :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
i got the jingle seal of approval somehow :lol

Cleary not enough growls lol.