Author Topic: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 2 album listening commenced  (Read 41378 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 3 Bizarro Kipman is up!!
« Reply #1330 on: March 26, 2024, 05:40:25 PM »
All revealed impressions;

Round 3 Kipressions!

Now these were first listen impressions a few days ago.  Like usual, some of these have been cemented or changed.

Lonk - More twists and turns than I was expecting, but pretty enjoyable and really enjoyed that second half.  Not sure it's a home run though.

Shadow Ninja - What a fucking interesting submission.  I did find it kinda captivating though, but I think that will turn out to be pure novelty.

Reaper - I thought the band were different to this.  Not sure but that chorus was really quite good.

Sacul - Hmmm....not really my style, but that was okay.  Need another spin.

Crow - Not what I expected but I didn't mind that at all.  Intense atmosphere and the kind of vibe I'm feeling right now, but not sure on the second half.  Could be a grower though.

Dr. DTVT - Wasn't sure at first, but I quite enjoyed it the more it went on.  Not sure it fully hits the mark though.

Jingle - Hmm.......yeah, this is quite okay, as much as I don't want to say it.  Like others though, not sure on the lasting power.

romdrums - Man, I kept drifting off during this.

Indi - I thought this was fucking cool as shit.  Even the solo surprised me.

King - I should hate this type of song, but I found it quite appealing and enjoyable.  Nice performances indeed.

lonestar - Seriously, WTF is this?

Evermind - This gave me a strong 90's vibe, but I enjoyed the rawness and heaviness.

ariich - Yeah, pretty damn strong melodic death metal, nothing new though.

twosuitluke - Pretty cool for what this is, even though it's not really much.

Puppies - Old school and pretty ripping!

Litho - Pretty straightforward melodeath here, nothing stood out but nothing turned me off.  Need another spin.

TAC - Yeah, this was really nice and easy on the ears.

Stadler - The more I listened the more I liked the atmosphere, but probably not gonna stick.

Results in about an hour.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 3 Kipressions are up
« Reply #1331 on: March 26, 2024, 05:45:36 PM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1333 on: March 26, 2024, 06:17:50 PM »
This makes me giddy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1334 on: March 26, 2024, 06:47:19 PM »
Round 3 results!!

lonestar - Ghost Bath - Seraphic

Dude, my impression says it all, seriously, what the fuck is this?  I can't take it seriously with these umm....'vocals' going on here.  The music I guess is okay, but again, I can't take these upbeat melodies seriously with the wailing going on behind it.  I'm sorry, I feel bad to keep kicking you when you're down, but I'm not feeling your style and this for me, was flat out awful.

Score - 3.5

Sacul - Boris - Korosu

So, at first I didn't mind this.  I kinda dig the vibe.  I'm quite partial to a bit of stoner and sludge even though this seemed a bit more modern and even punky but overall this was fine.  I'm generally not a fan of songs in different languages though and it kind of hurt this one for me.  Definitely my issue but I like what I like.  The novelty of it wore out quick quickly too.  I mean, it was fine, just not something I'd reach for at all.

Score - 5.0

Shadow Ninja - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Papa Won't Leave You, Henry

So, I know Nick Cave, he's a pretty big name in the alternate music world over here.  He's very well respected, and I know a couple of his songs, but he's one of those artists, that I never really could understand the appeal of.  I guess, I just never 'got' what he was about and why people thought so highly of him.  This was a really interesting song though.  I was right though after my impression that the novelty wore off after the first listen.  Again, this is just not really something for me.  The chorus is a bit of an earworm I will admit but while I respect Nick for his status over here, he can do his thing, we are just not really a match.

Score - 5.25

romdrums - sleepmakeswaves - Worlds Away

It's funny I've received a few of these longer instrumental type pieces so far in this roulette.  Unfortunately though, this one again didn't really stick with me.  Honestly, the sounds and atmosphere of it are quite nice but I just felt myself drifting and not paying attention throughout the whole thing.  I had to pull myself back in to focus back on the song.  Like some of the others, fine background or study music or whatever but not for me.  A shame cause I see they are from Australia.

Score - 5.25

Stadler - R.E.M. - Feeling Gravity's Pull

This is another band I obviously know but only from their radio hits.  I've always enjoyed their hits though.  Not really a band that would come on the radio and I've wanted to flick it off.  This was an interesting song but had a nice dark, brooding atmosphere and definitely a bit different to what I had heard before from them.  I've always quite enjoyed Stipe's voice too.  Overall, this is a nice song and I liked it each time it came on.  Again, not something really I'd go looking for but cements they are a quality respectable band with good songwriting skills.  The score I guess is a little low but I have to stand by it.  Was a solid song without really blowing me away.

Score - 6.75

twosuitluke - Moonlight Sorcery - The Moonlit Dance of the Twisted Jester's Blood-soaked Rituals

So, I get the sense here you've sent this with some trepidation.  What I mean is I feel you sent me something short, instrumental with elements I would like that sits inside a small box.  Small enough that it wouldn't be overflowing with things I can critique it on.  Well, I guess it worked and it was a tasty 3 minute instrumental so you're right, there's nothing here that really gives me reason to knock it.  However, there's not a lot here either for me to really excel the scoring on it.  I did like the couple of slick key changes in the back half, nice touch.  It's a solid 7, nothing more, nothing less.

Score - 7.0

Reaper - Fair to Midland - Dance of the Manatee

Now, this is totally not what I thought it was going to be.  I thought they were a harsh vocals band but I just realised who I had mixed them up with so this was totally unexpected.  That verse was pretty awful though for me but when the chorus hit, that's pretty damn fucking good.  The contrast between the verses and chorus annoyed me a little cause that chorus is tasty with nice vocals.  I really liked the Faith No More inspired middle section too.  Some Incubus vibes here and there too.  Overall though, what I liked about it outweighed the verses quite a bit.  Would be interested to heard what else these guys do because it's certainly something unique to me.  Maybe there's more to them in other songs?

Score - 7.25

Dr. DTVT. - Orphaned Land - Birth of the Three

Interesting song this one.  It definitely got more interesting as it went on.  I wasn't the biggest fan of the first half, middle eastern flavoured metal normally doesn't really sit all that well with me, but all in all it was fine.  This really didn't get going until the 3 minute mark for me though.  That extra kick up in tempo was most welcomed and pulled me back in with the melodies in that guitar solo really interesting and hooked me in.   I quite liked the harsh vocals in this part too and those key changes worked really nicely too.  I guess the contrast between the first half and second half annoyed me a little, but that second half definitely saved the score and made me take notice of them.  I remember checking them out in the past but not being too impressed so this song definitely changed that and sparked my interest again.

Score - 7.25

ariich - Whispered - Tsukiakari

Now as my impression said, pretty impressive melodic death metal, black metal whatever you want to call it.  You were surprised these guys weren't on the banned list and yes, I've tried them before but I can't fully say why I didn't get into them more.  I think I figured it out, I've heard this before.  The Japanese novelty is cool but all in all, this is pretty good but it didn't fully grab me in.  So I think it's one of those bands you can say, 'yeah, this is cool,' but that's as far as it goes.  I'll go back to this album afterwards but I think the more I listened the more I just thought that, 'yeah, cool,' I'm fine with a band not producing anything new and again while it's quality stuff, it doesn't beat the bands of this style I already know.  However, everything about it was really well done and all super quality.

Score - 7.5

Lonk - Rivers of Nihil - Subtle Change

Something about this round where there is contrasting qualities in the same song.  I've heard these guys before.  I can't recall if I've checked any albums or whatnot, the cover on this one looks familiar, but I knew what I was getting, however, didn't expect so many twists and turns.  The first half once again really didn't do anything for me.  I found it a little disjointed and incoherent and had to keep making myself to pay attention.  The vocals, are okay, not the greatest harsh vocals but get the job done.  The song is made though in that second half.  That section is just wonderful and the saxaphone, just amazing.  This section almost makes me want to check out more of them as they potentially could grow, especially if they were to use sections like this more often.  Again, like others, it was hurt by not grabbing my attention for the full song, but kudos on that second half.  It even made me like the vocals more after this section so we'll see.

Score - 7.75

Jingle - Edge of Forever - Ritual III: Taunting Souls

I really should be deducting points for even offering up Del Vicchio, I really should.  Nevertheless, I went into this one without any judgement and came out feeling positive.  I was so big into melodic rock so many years ago, couldn't get enough but guys like Del Vicchio ruined it, so quite ironic you're trying to get me back into it by sending this plonker to me to listen to.  It was easily the better out of the two with the wildcard submission though.  I listened to the full song and it felt pretty all over the place so you were right to single out this section.  This is quite cool and the midgit has a decent voice on him, he always has.  At first I was kinda meh on it, but it did grow and the melodies and overall pace and groove were very rocking.  The instrumental stuff was cool too.  Again, nothing new here and didn't blow me away so I can't stretch it to an 8, but it's a definite........solid.  Maybe I need to actually listen to some of this though..........

Score - 7.75

King - Miles Marker Zero - Towns To Grow Up In

Now, I should hate this.  The poppy, upbeat style, the nostalgia style lyrics, 'kisses under stars,' 'nights with friends,' fucking give me a break, this sort of shit makes me sick.  Yes, I'm a miserable fuck.  But surprisingly, this really grew on me, I was shocked.  The production and performances are very good, very clean, clear, quite refreshing.  And I do think the pop/neo prog kinda style is refreshing without being too over the top.  Tasty little solo in there too.  I can look past the lyrics as the subject matter is portrayed with the music very cleverly, and really we all can relate to these kinds of lyrics in one way or another I'm just not in the mood for them currently, but it doesn't hurt the score.  Nice songwriting too.  Now, I'm not sure how much replay value this would have, but definitely different to what I'd normally like and who knows if a whole album is something that would do it for me, but this is a good start.  Good stuff.  The band only having a couple of albums will make it easy to dig into and see what they are about too.

Score - 8.0

Litho - The Absence - Deepest Wound

At first this just flew by.  I wrote it off as generic melodeath, and really, that's what it is, but each listen I liked it more and more.  The guitar underneath the chorus was very hooky, and you seem to be having a good knack with that style so far and it's working.  Nothing to write home about but very good and probably something I'd happily listen to a full album of.  The solo section was very cool and close to getting an award.  Reminds me of Trivium but some really cool shit going on in there and a nice groove.  Certainly nothing I haven't heard before, but enough good stuff going on here to interest me.  Can't give it anymore than a flat 8.0 though.

Score - 8.0

Puppies - Scanner - Upright Liar

Off the bat, I was surprised at this.  Didn't expect an old school Metallica inspired tune here but it rips.  Cool riffing and a really catchy chorus.  The vocals are adequate and fit very nicely without being spectacular.  I enjoy the shifts within the song and again the contrast to the chorus is pretty epic.  I see this was released in 1995 and while it shows, I have no issues.  Actually sounds late 80's listening to it.  Being released in 95 definitely wouldn't have helped these guys.  Nevertheless, the length is fine too and I enjoyed it each time I listened to it.  Another one where there's nothing new here to me at all, but one of those instances where that didn't matter.  Will be interested in the rest of the album.

Score - 8.25

Indi - Vandenberg - Fighting Against the World

Bonus - 17 second bonus = 1 point

I honestly really liked this one right off the bat.  I've never heard anything from Adrian Vandenberg and quite frankly have never rated him as a guitarist from the little I have heard.  This song ripped though.  Reminded me of 80's Malmsteen mixed with John Farnham era Little River Band.  Catchy as shit and just good fun.  The solo also was pretty decent too.  It's a bit random and there's actually parts of the solo where it sounds like he fluked something and said, 'holy shit, that kind of worked, how did I do that?'  But nevertheless, great cheesy 80's hard rock, cool shit.  Not to mention the 17 second bonus!!  The only one of the round so you get the full point!

Score - 8.5 + 1.0 = 9.5

Crow - Ancestors - The Warm Glow

At first I was a bit WTF is this, but after repeated listens this hit pretty hard.   Another that's not normally my thing but I think it's pretty well done.  But even though it's not normally my thing, it fits that mold of something unique and different that hits on a certain level that I resonate with.  The intro reminds me of Jon Oliva at certain points truthfully too with the tone of the vocals and mixed with the piano.  Reminds me of the song Back to A Reason.  Once it gets going I really liked it.  Not sure what the go is with the lyrics, are they metaphors or is this like a murder suicide kind of story?  Anyway, it has that unsettling vibe which I don't mind from time to time and definitely is unique as mentioned.  The solo goes full Misunderstood style also which I thought was cool as fuck.  The second half though did take a turn I wasn't sure on, but it's growing and I think fits well.  Turning into more of a major key by the sounds of it at times is really interesting.  Really cool submission and interested in more.

Score - 8.75

Evermind - Need - Mother Madness

Yeah, this definitely again fits the bill of something slightly different and unique.  The riffing at the start was cool as fuck and interesting with the structure how it doesn't really come back until the end to finish it off.  The vocals surprised me.  I get strong 90's alternate vibes going on here, but for me that's fine, the vocals are good and mix nicely with the riffing.  The chorus kept growing too the more I listened.  Liked the half time change going into it too, it makes it distinctive.  Going straight into that quieter solo section again really interests me with the structuring.  Get Pain of Salvation vibes now at times during this part.  it's funny this song is 7 and a half minutes long, feels nowhere near that.  Overall, I liked this more and more and kept wanting to come back to it more than most songs this round.  Interesting, creative, great songwriting, lovely feel and atmosphere.

Score - 9.0

TAC - Words of Farewell - This Shadow My Likeness

Now, after initial listens, I didn't expect to keep wanting to come back to this the most.  It was close with the two below it, but I feel it's the most dependable of the round.  Saying that, I did really like it from the get go.  The song length certainly wasn't an issue so no problem there and the slow intro leading into that lead guitar was really nice.  Really clean buildup and just easy listening.  Once the groove hit it all came together.  Once the main melody hit at 2:30, that was nice going into the verses.  The vocals were as expected I guess and they are really clean harsh vocals.  Articulate and easy to understand and really quite smooth as weird as that sounds.  Lots of changes throughout but the chorus melody is very hooky and really going back to the length, I liked it.  I could play it and just knew I could relax into it for a whole 10 minutes.  Quality melodic death metal.  Funny one, certainly nothing new or different or unique, but just hit the spot perfectly.

Score - 9.25

Round 3 standings

lonestar - 3.5
Sacul - 5.0
Shadow Ninja - 5.25
romdrums - 5.25
Stadler - 6.75
twosuitluke - 7.0
Reaper - 7.25
Dr. DTVT - 7.25
ariich - 7.5
Lonk - 7.75
Jingle - 7.75
King - 8.0
litho - 8.0
Puppies - 8.25
Crow - 8.75
Evermind - 9.0
TAC - 9.25
Indi - 9.50

After 3 rounds;

lonestar - 6.0+5.75+3.5 = 15.25
Reaper - 5.0+4.0+7.25 = 16.25
Shadow Ninja - 4.0+7.0+5.25 = 16.25
romdrums - 5.5+6.25+5.25 = 17.0
twosuitluke - 4.0+6.5+7.0 = 17.5
Lonk - 7.75+4.5+7.75 = 20.0
King - 7.5+5.0+8.0 = 20.5
Stadler - 9.25+5.5+6.75 = 21.5
Sacul - 9.5+8.0+5.0 = 22.5
ariich - 8.5+7.75+7.5 = 23.75
Dr. DTVT - 8.0+8.5+7.25 = 23.75
Jingle - 8.75+8.75+7.75 = 25.25
Litho - 9.0+9.0+8.0 = 26.0
Puppies - 9.0+9.25+8.25 = 26.50
Indiscipline - 9.0+8.25+9.5 = 26.75
TAC - 8.25+9.25+9.25 = 26.75
Crow - 9.5+8.5+8.75 = 26.75
Evermind - 9.0+9.25+9.0 = 27.25

Feel free to check my maths too.

Send your songs for round 4 please. 

I'll look to do a regular style hangman to get it done before Friday.  I'm doing fuck all over the weekend, but with Easter, I won't have too much on the go here as I expected a lot won't be around as much.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Niiiice!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Niiiice!!

A song like that mate would usually get between a 5-6 I reckon at best.  :lol  You hit me with a good one, and definitely something different and refreshing, good shit.  I'll hit one of their albums after the roulette.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
My song did pretty well, but I went from 1st to 5th  :sadpanda: Ouch
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cool! Glad it hit the spot. I also submitted it for Godaar's TACrifice. We'll see. It has a sort of Count Of Tuscany vibe that I hope Indiscipline takes notice of.

Sent my 2024 SOTY for Round 4.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
A song like that mate would usually get between a 5-6 I reckon at best.  :lol  You hit me with a good one, and definitely something different and refreshing, good shit.  I'll hit one of their albums after the roulette.

New album coming out in May. I talk to the whole band all the time. I should send them your review. They'd love it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
My song did pretty well, but I went from 1st to 5th  :sadpanda: Ouch

Standings after round 2 only had 1 point between you and 8th position mate.  Close as fuck.  I expect the top 8-10 to remain pretty close and interchangeable from here on out truthfully.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New album coming out in May. I talk to the whole band all the time. I should send them your review. They'd love it.

King - Miles Marker Zero - Towns To Grow Up In

Now, I should hate this.  The poppy, upbeat style, the nostalgia style lyrics, 'kisses under stars,' 'nights with friends,' fucking give me a break, this sort of shit makes me sick.  Yes, I'm a miserable fuck.  But surprisingly, this really grew on me, I was shocked.  The production and performances are very good, very clean, clear, quite refreshing.  And I do think the pop/neo prog kinda style is refreshing without being too over the top.  Tasty little solo in there too.  I can look past the lyrics as the subject matter is portrayed with the music very cleverly, and really we all can relate to these kinds of lyrics in one way or another I'm just not in the mood for them currently, but it doesn't hurt the score.  Nice songwriting too.  Now, I'm not sure how much replay value this would have, but definitely different to what I'd normally like and who knows if a whole album is something that would do it for me, but this is a good start.  Good stuff.  The band only having a couple of albums will make it easy to dig into and see what they are about too.

Score - 8.0

Oh......really.........you're going to show them this!? Ah.......okay..... :blush

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool, won't be long after this the album comes out also so definitely interested in the rest, as I'm sure all their fans are.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool! Glad it hit the spot. I also submitted it for Godaar's TACrifice. We'll see. It has a sort of Count Of Tuscany vibe that I hope Indiscipline takes notice of.

Sent my 2024 SOTY for Round 4.

Interesting.  I can sorta see that.

Yes, I did get you're round 4 song, apologies if I didn't reply mate.  I try and acknowledge each persons submission each round but some may fall through the cracks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Interesting.  I can sorta see that.

Yes, I did get you're round 4 song, apologies if I didn't reply mate.  I try and acknowledge each persons submission each round but some may fall through the cracks.

You replied. I sent them both at pretty much the same time and you did reply.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I keep getting confused with the ranking order. I see myself close to the top and think I made a huge jump, them I remember everything is upside down in Australia  :lol

Yeah, Where Owls Know My Name is a great album, and I think the song would hit better in the context of the album since it's a concept album.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Oh......really.........you're going to show them this!? Ah.......okay..... :blush

They have a great sense of humor and I'd let them know you're an Uber metalhead.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
They have a great sense of humor and I'd let them know you're an Uber metalhead.

But he doesn't work for Uber.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I keep getting confused with the ranking order. I see myself close to the top and think I made a huge jump, them I remember everything is upside down in Australia  :lol

Yeah, Where Owls Know My Name is a great album, and I think the song would hit better in the context of the album since it's a concept album.

Interesting.  I understand the top to bottom thing, but I think I like going from lowest score to highest score.

Ah...that makes definite sense with the song then.  It was still enjoyable, that saxaphone though...

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I looked at it briefly but I'll need a new car, so said fuck that.  The massive dent in the side of it apparently makes it not a legible vehicle to use, like WTF?!  I mean, it's still a nice Mitsubishi VRX 2014 Lancer for fucks sake.

Anyway, we're getting off track.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You replied. I sent them both at pretty much the same time and you did reply.

Sweet!  :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Uber Uber.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

• DTF.org Member
I need to figure out what I'm sending for this round.... :justjen
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I need to figure out what I'm sending for this round.... :justjen

You didn't send all of the rounds at once??

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah again, if I can have everyone in in 24 hours, we can get hangman out of the way before we hit Friday for you lot.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
While you wait for submissions, check out the title track for the album, and the video is worth watching as well:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBAXZto7uVc&pp=ygUXd2hlcmUgb3dscyBrbm93IG15IG5hbWU%3D

• DTF.org Member
You didn't send all of the rounds at once??
I usually do, but I've been unusually busy for the past couple months.

While you wait for submissions, check out the title track for the album, and the video is worth watching as well:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBAXZto7uVc&pp=ygUXd2hlcmUgb3dscyBrbm93IG15IG5hbWU%3D

That video is a classic  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

lol, wtf?!  Okay, I'll check that out tonight.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
That might be my lowest roulette score ever... I think you hated that more than Chad hated Babymetal  :lol

Gonna pivot away from my playlist and wing it from here on out, really can't do much worse lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Aaaand sent with the freedom of someone who has zero fucking chance of winning  :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
well at least i'm nothing if not consistent so far  :corn

just need evermind to blunder without doing so myself, hmm

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That might be my lowest roulette score ever... I think you hated that more than Chad hated Babymetal  :lol

Gonna pivot away from my playlist and wing it from here on out, really can't do much worse lol

Yeah sorry RJ.  I tried but man I just didn't like that at all.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

You finished 10th place with Babymetal in a stack ranked roulette.  I'd have to go back and find my comments, but it's probably close

Wanna bet?

Sending an attachment, as what I've got ain't on Spotify.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1364 on: March 26, 2024, 09:25:42 PM »
lonestar - Ghost Bath - Seraphic

Dude, my impression says it all, seriously, what the fuck is this?  I can't take it seriously with these umm....'vocals' going on here.  The music I guess is okay, but again, I can't take these upbeat melodies seriously with the wailing going on behind it.  I'm sorry, I feel bad to keep kicking you when you're down, but I'm not feeling your style and this for me, was flat out awful.

He's still got a ways to go to top (bottom??) Puppies' trifecta of The Mars Volta/Novembre/Alkaloid.

As for my 7.75... I'll take it!  Took some brass balls to send an ADV written and fronted tune.  I'm still determined to get you back on the Melodic Rock bandwagon.

But not this round.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion