Author Topic: Metropolis 00 jersey question  (Read 626 times)

Offline TheRich13

Metropolis 00 jersey question
« on: February 15, 2024, 04:00:48 PM »
I have the Black and Silver Metropolis 00 soccer style jersey… It is a size XL and has never been worn … I’m not looking to sell it , but I was told one sold on eBay for 450 dollars some years ago and more recently one was listed on eBay for 250 dollars …Is this shirt incredibly rare or something I’m not aware of ?
I bought it because it wasn’t your typical black concert t shirt …
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Metropolis 00 jersey question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 04:59:22 PM »
I believe the Metropolis 00 jersey was blue and silver, and the black and silver was the escape from the studio tour.  They are both rare in that you can't find them anywhere, but I don't know that there is a particularly high demand for the latter.  I think some collectors would view the Metropolis 00 jersey as kind of a "holy grail" item as far as shirts.  But no idea what the "value" is.

I believe I ordered the last Metropolis 00 jersey in existence from the official merch site back in the day.  But I don't have it.  I gave it to a kid who was just becoming a super fan of the band back then, as I knew it would mean a lot to him.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 06:14:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply !
I did a little looking around and the Metropolis 00 were made in a dark navy blue w/ silver as well as black w/silver  (and were like a soccer style) with the black being in more demand, perhaps because MP wore one, in one of the videos …They are a shiny satiny material… The Escape from the Studio 03 and the Train of Thought 04 were also Jerseys (more like a football style) and were cotton with some mesh …but apparently the Black and Silver 00 is still highly sought after …

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 07:34:56 PM »
I did a little looking around and the Metropolis 00 were made in a dark navy blue w/ silver as well as black w/silver  (and were like a soccer style) with the black being in more demand, perhaps because MP wore one, in one of the videos …They are a shiny satiny material… The Escape from the Studio 03 and the Train of Thought 04 were also Jerseys (more like a football style) and were cotton with some mesh …but apparently the Black and Silver 00 is still highly sought after …
This is what I remember, too. The satin-y soccer style ones were sold in 2000 - IIRC, just during the second half of the tour cycle. But yeah, they were available both in navy/silver (which I had) and black/silver. Both are really nice. The ones sold in 2003 and 2004 are nice too, but nowhere near as nice as the ones from 2000.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 07:26:35 AM »
Yeah, I have the 2003 shirt.  I prefer the soccer jersey.  Wish I had been able to get and hold onto one.  And I didn't know that also came in black. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 07:23:37 AM »
I’m still kicking myself for not getting one in my size when they were sold. I remember Mike wearing one during the LSFNY concert which I attended (near front right center). Several years ago I found one on eBay for about $75 in XL and snatched it up without even caring that it was too big. I swim in it a bit but still wear it sometimes. Hopefully I’ll come across a medium or large someday. Mike used to post some nostalgic stuff on his IG page that showcases some of his massive collection of tour items he’s saved, and once I desperately ask him “Hey, man! Have any of those Metropolis 00 jerseys laying around? I messed up and didn’t pick one up when they were sold.” No response of course lol.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 11:21:43 PM »
As I mentioned in my original post , I have the black n silver in an XL , never worn and in mint condition, not looking to sell (of course everything has its price) ….just cool knowing I have something DT fans consider the holy grail of  DT merch…

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 02:09:58 PM »
i had this jersey too and used to wear it all the time.  unfortunately i was at phish mexico once and got a bad case of montezumas revenge and had to toss it after i got...body fluids all over it on accident at the show

wish i had the foresight to know it'd be considered a holy grail, i would have never worn it to mexico!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!