Author Topic: Marvel Studios' The Fantastic Four arrives in theaters July 25, 2025.  (Read 1895 times)

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: Marvel Studios' The Fantastic Four arrives in theaters July 25, 2025.
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2024, 09:10:08 PM »
Not enough hours in a day, week, or month to watch all the TV that people recommend, or even everything I think looks interesting.  I can't just sit and watch TV for hours like some people.  I'll watch one episode of a show I'm working my way through; a two-hour movie pushes the boundaries of my patience.  Then I'm good for a day or two.  I'd rather be playing games or fucking around on the Internet.  At least it's interactive.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2024, 05:28:27 AM »
You should buy the newest gadget by Apple, then you could watch TV, while surfing the net and also interacting with the real world ALL at the same time.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2024, 07:05:14 AM »
I've tried a few things, like playing on my phone or just checking email while supposedly watching something on TV.  It doesn't work.  If I'm going to commit time to something, it gets my full attention, or it's a waste of time.  My wife does it all the time.  We'll put something on that "we" want to watch, but she'll be on her phone the whole time.  She'll comment once in a while about something on screen, I guess to let me know she's paying attention, but then she'll ask something later that makes it obvious she didn't see something on screen that was very clear and meant to be seen.  TV is a visual medium.  The camera lingered on that thing for a reason.  Or just dialogue.  They discussed something, she did one thing, he did another.  Don't ask me later why; it was all right there, but you were texting with someone and missed it.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2024, 01:10:06 PM »
How cool would it be if, maybe in Secret Wars, they introduce The Council of Reeds, and bring back Ioan Gruffudd, Miles Teller, and John Krasinski to meet Pedro Pascal? Heck, maybe even get Alex Hyde-White if he's game. It'd be neat to see all the cinematic Reeds meet each other, if only briefly.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2024, 09:54:26 AM »
How cool would it be if, maybe in Secret Wars, they introduce The Council of Reeds, and bring back Ioan Gruffudd, Miles Teller, and John Krasinski to meet Pedro Pascal? Heck, maybe even get Alex Hyde-White if he's game. It'd be neat to see all the cinematic Reeds meet each other, if only briefly.

-Marc.
I can only speak for myself, but the council of Kangs is already one council too many.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2024, 09:55:21 AM »

-Marc.
I can only speak for myself, but the council of Kangs is already one council too many.

How would you feel about a council of Black Bolts? They can all just sit around looking at each other silently.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2024, 09:58:50 AM »
:lol

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2024, 10:10:52 AM »

-Marc.

How would you feel about a council of Black Bolts? They can all just sit around looking at each other silently.

Is Black Bolt immune to his own power?  If so, they could actually talk to each other.  ;)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2024, 10:26:56 AM »

-Marc.

Is Black Bolt immune to his own power?  If so, they could actually talk to each other.  ;)

I think Multiverse Of Madness showed us he definitely is NOT immune to his own power.  :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2024, 12:46:42 PM »

-Marc.

Love this
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2024, 08:30:05 PM »

-Marc.

I think Multiverse Of Madness showed us he definitely is NOT immune to his own power.  :lol

-Marc.

Everything in that movie involving the Illuminati, after they are briefly introduced, makes me upset. 
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2024, 05:26:53 PM »
Julia Garner (Ruth from Ozark) cast as the Silver Surfer. Interesting choice

https://deadline.com/2024/04/fantastic-four-julia-garner-silver-surfer-1235873034/

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2024, 05:38:44 PM »

https://deadline.com/2024/04/fantastic-four-julia-garner-silver-surfer-1235873034/

Oh man, I see some glorious memes in the future. :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2024, 06:42:26 PM »

And folks who don't know comics are gonna start raging that "wHy'D yOu MaKe SiLvEr SuRfEr a WOMAN?! MCU, more like M-SHE-U. eyeroll emoji".

All anyone needs to do is take 5 seconds to Google her name and see the top of her wiki article:
Shalla-Bal is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, the immortal Empress of Zenn-La and the lover of Norrin Radd, the Silver Surfer, who becomes the Herald of Galactus in exchange for his planet being spared, separating the lovers for eternity. In the alternate continuity of Earth X/Universe X, Shalla-Bal is depicted as joining Norrin as a second Silver Surfer, both serving as the twin-heralds of the second Galactus.

Since she's already had a couple interesting takes from multiple stories, it'll be interesting to see how they incorporate her into this film. I hope they don't just kill off Norrin Radd, especially off-screen. He's such an integral part of the Marvel Comics that it would be a waste not to have him. Maybe they'll swapped their roles and she'll become SS save their planet, and then maybe Norrin Radd becomes the modern-day SS after Shalla-Bal dies or something. Guess we'll find out!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 09:06:29 PM by The Letter M »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2024, 08:52:01 PM »
And folks who don't know comments are gonna start raging that "wHy'D yOu MaKe SiLvEr SuRfEr a WOMAN?! MCU, more like M-SHE-U. eyeroll emoji".

Just spent a few moments in a thread on FB that was about 99% this exact BS...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2024, 09:07:10 PM »
Just spent a few moments in a thread on FB that was about 99% this exact BS...

Big cringe... gotta love ill-informed knee-jerk reactions.

-Marc.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2024, 09:13:29 PM »
Yeah someone on a forum I’m on made a thread titled "They plan on making the Silver Surfer Lame in F4".

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2024, 06:12:53 AM »
Looked at the works she has been in, and don't recognize any of them, so I hope she does a good job with whatever script she gets.

I have no problem with the MCU using Shalla-Bal instead of silver surfer.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2024, 07:52:03 AM »
I'm not in any way ill-informed, but I don't like it, not one bit.

But at least they got a great actress for it.  *shrugs*

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2024, 07:52:33 AM »
Maybe this is just me?  But generally not keen on The Silver Surfer much, and to be honest I'm not sure design wise it translates well into live action. 

Online Adami

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2024, 07:55:27 AM »
Maybe this is just me?  But generally not keen on The Silver Surfer much, and to be honest I'm not sure design wise it translates well into live action.

I hate you.

Silver Surfer has long been one of my favorites. Not every writer's iteration, but plenty. In fact, when I applied to my doctoral program, I remember making a deal with my girlfriend at the time that if I got rejected, she would track down and buy me Silver Surfer: Requiem, and if I got in, I'd do it. And now it sits happily on my shelf as one of the best comics I've read.

As far as this goes, I'd rather have Norrin but if they have a good idea for having Shalla-Bal as a version of the Silver Surfer, then I'm open to that. Actress is great.

And even though the movie is far from good, I mostly liked how Doug Jones/Laurence Fishburn portrayed the Silver Surfer in the second FF movie.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2024, 08:44:08 AM »
I hate you.

I always knew, unrequited love hurts like bitch :sad: