Author Topic: Marvel Studios' The Fantastic Four arrives in theaters July 25, 2025.  (Read 1893 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Just announced at the MarVEL FB page.

I am intrigued to know what is the cast for this one.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Marvel Studios' The Fantastic Four arrives in theaters July 25, 2025.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 09:19:22 AM »

Well, we know Pedro Pascal at least.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 09:24:35 AM »
It's out, on Instagram at least.

Pedro Pascal (Reed Richards), Vanessa Kirby (Sue Storm), Ebon Moss-Bachrach (Ben Grimm), Joseph Quinn (Johnny Storm)
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 09:25:03 AM »

Well, we know Pedro Pascal at least.

FF is my favorite Marvel franchise from the comic book perspective.  I LOVE the old Jack Kirby books.  I wish the movies so far have done them justice, but alas they have not.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 09:26:22 AM »
Dunno how I feel about Reed and Susan, though I do love Pedro.

But Ebon as Ben and Joseph as Johnny is ace casting right there.

Like Stadler, I just hope they do them justice. Giving them the typical Marvel tone will just feel empty and hollow.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 09:28:35 AM »
I hope they focus on science and family. That's the F4 sauce.

Offline Adami

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 09:36:56 AM »
Reed and Sue are actually pretty complicated characters, and I just hope Marvel doesn't break them down into grumpy scientist who makes a ton of quips, and his devoted wife who is strong but also very quippy.

So yea, I hope they focus on character and less on traditional MCU action scenes and jokes. I have my doubts though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 09:43:16 AM »
The initial title logo is VERY retro feeling. I wonder if this will be a period piece. There was a lot of talk about script ideas in the past where the family would be from the 60s but caught in some temporal mess that would bring them forward to today/modern-day MCU time. It would be neat to explore that era of the MCU and having them disappear would explain why they haven't been around in the MCU to help out with any of the major events that have happened since Iron Man.

Guess we will wait and see, and it looks like the latest casting rumors were true. Looks like Pedro gets to be another fictional daddy for fans to pine after.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 09:57:13 AM »

Like Stadler, I just hope they do them justice. Giving them the typical Marvel tone will just feel empty and hollow.
I think all of the casting is fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 09:59:11 AM »

Four sure.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Adami

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 10:14:20 AM »

I think you're fantastic.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 10:27:40 AM »

Man, in 2 threads your giving love.

Can't wait to see this film.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 10:29:04 AM »
Can't help it. I think Hef if fantastic.

I think you're fantastic 2.

Just need two more people.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 10:38:10 AM »
Pedro is a fine actor, though debuting the character with a near 50 year old seems a bit...weird, given there's a good chance he'll be playing the character for over a decade (and given Sue's actor is in her mid 30s). Can't deny the talent of the cast though so hopefully the script and movie makes good use of them.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jammindude

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 10:39:05 AM »
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 10:57:33 AM »
I have 100% faith that Pedro will nail it, question is who will be the orphan he rescues?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 11:45:06 AM »
I have 100% faith that Pedro will nail it, question is who will be the orphan he rescues?
Last time we saw Spiderman he didn't have anybody.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 11:59:51 AM »

We're one step closer to The Bombastic Bag-Man in live-action...

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 12:01:41 PM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 12:06:59 PM »
I have the greatest kid....so I texted her the above Reed Richards/Orphan Spidey scenario, her response was "lol that's probably what they'll do because Disney has no original ideas lol but no, all comic lore says Reed Richard's is a TERRIBLE mentor"

She out-geeks me at every turn. :heart

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2024, 12:10:59 PM »
I have the greatest kid....so I texted her the above Reed Richards/Orphan Spidey scenario, her response was "lol that's probably what they'll do because Disney has no original ideas lol but no, all comic lore says Reed Richard's is a TERRIBLE mentor"

She out-geeks me at every turn. :heart

They'll probably make Franklin Richards an adopted baby mutant from a dying universe caused by an incursion. Sue and Reed will probably rescue baby Franklin and take him home.

-Marc.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 12:51:14 PM »

I love you so much.

Pedro is a fine actor, though debuting the character with a near 50 year old seems a bit...weird, given there's a good chance he'll be playing the character for over a decade (and given Sue's actor is in her mid 30s). Can't deny the talent of the cast though so hopefully the script and movie makes good use of them.
Does it, though?  As far as I can remember, Reed was always drawn and colored with that lame ass white temple hair, which means he was no spring chicken even back then.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2024, 01:18:03 PM »
Does it, though?  As far as I can remember, Reed was always drawn and colored with that lame ass white temple hair, which means he was no spring chicken even back then.

According to this Reddit thread, seems like folks think Reed is at least a decade older than Sue, and in his mid-to-late 30s when they got their powers. If we're seeing a Fantastic Four who have already had their powers for awhile, casting Reed as the 48 year old Pedro Pascal isn't a big stretch of the imagination. And Sue being a fair bit younger isn't new either. I'm fine with the age gap since it seems reflective of their comic origins anyway. As long as Reed and Ben are close in age, the other two can be any amount younger and I'd be fine with it.

-Marc.

Offline Adami

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2024, 01:24:52 PM »
Yea, an older more experienced Reed is pretty in line with the comics.

Unless you're talking Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I hope they don't go that way. I think they tried with Fant4stick.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2024, 01:35:33 PM »
Yea, an older more experienced Reed is pretty in line with the comics.

Unless you're talking Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I hope they don't go that way. I think they tried with Fant4stick.
They've already taken enough from the Ultimate line, IMO.

Let's go classic.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2024, 01:38:13 PM »
The initial title logo is VERY retro feeling. I wonder if this will be a period piece. There was a lot of talk about script ideas in the past where the family would be from the 60s but caught in some temporal mess that would bring them forward to today/modern-day MCU time.
First, I just saw Marvel's post on Instagram, and I definitely get 60's vibe on it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3VXUyQriuV/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=72945b97-f006-49ea-97c9-1543f2c7ce26

Second, that reminded me of the comment from Dr. Strange MoM, "Didn't you guys chart in the 60's". Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2024, 01:49:47 PM »
The initial title logo is VERY retro feeling. I wonder if this will be a period piece. There was a lot of talk about script ideas in the past where the family would be from the 60s but caught in some temporal mess that would bring them forward to today/modern-day MCU time.
First, I just saw Marvel's post on Instagram, and I definitely get 60's vibe on it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3VXUyQriuV/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=72945b97-f006-49ea-97c9-1543f2c7ce26

Second, that reminded me of the comment from Dr. Strange MoM, "Didn't you guys chart in the 60's". Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

It definitely could've been a tongue-in-cheek reference to those script rumors, but it was also just Strange making fun of the group name and his affinity for music. Either way, Matt Shakman, director of WandaVision, is directing the new FF, and I loved the vibe and feel of those early episodes and with their classic TV settings, so I wonder if he'll bring some of that to The Fantastic Four?

-Marc.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2024, 02:06:06 PM »
Shooting in the dark, here, but maybe it's a best of two worlds thing?

Part of the story - the origin -in the 60's, then a caper in the Quantum Realm (like the Negative Zone from the comics), just to emerge in present day?

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2024, 03:06:21 PM »
I'd prefer if they don't go down the route of Doom as the villain in this first story (or maybe just hints of him).  Doom is one of the greatest marvel villains i think I'd prefer him as a multi story end of phase boss.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2024, 03:49:19 PM »
I'd prefer if they don't go down the route of Doom as the villain in this first story (or maybe just hints of him).  Doom is one of the greatest marvel villains i think I'd prefer him as a multi story end of phase boss.
I agree.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2024, 04:02:57 PM »
I'm familiar with Pedro Pascal and Vanessa Kirby.  Didn't recognize the name Ebon Moss-Bachrach, but it turns out I've seen him a few things.  I thought Skeen was an interesting character, and Lieberman was pretty cool.  Joseph Quinn is the only unknown for me.  His list on IMDb is impressive; it's just all stuff I've never seen.

But as with anything else, what matters most is that it's well-written and well-acted.  We haven't gotten that particular twofer for any Fantastic Four movie yet IMO.  Third, or fourth, or fifth time's the charm?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2024, 04:23:14 PM »
Fair enough, I stand corrected!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jammindude

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2024, 06:46:17 PM »
I'm familiar with Pedro Pascal and Vanessa Kirby.  Didn't recognize the name Ebon Moss-Bachrach, but it turns out I've seen him a few things.  I thought Skeen was an interesting character, and Lieberman was pretty cool.  Joseph Quinn is the only unknown for me.  His list on IMDb is impressive; it's just all stuff I've never seen.

But as with anything else, what matters most is that it's well-written and well-acted.  We haven't gotten that particular twofer for any Fantastic Four movie yet IMO.  Third, or fourth, or fifth time's the charm?

If you haven’t seen Stranger Things, you really need to fix that.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2024, 06:52:19 PM »

I actually completely forgot he was in Punisher. And he didn't get a ton of screen time in Andor, sadly.

If you want to see Ebon as a great actor, check out his episodes of Girls (he plays a horrible person but plays him brilliantly) and as Richie in The Bear.
fanticide.bandcamp.com