Author Topic: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - Sending for Round 8, Vanquishing Dark.  (Read 67734 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Kneel before Zodaar.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Kneel before Zodaar.

Who, in the name of Vulcan's fiery fruits, is Zodaar?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Who, in the name of Vulcan's fiery fruits, is Zodaar?

Cousin of Zoltar.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Sounds like some quasi mythological Kryptonian war deity.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Sounds like some quasi mythological Kryptonian war deity.

He's Big, that's for sure.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
OK, been a real busy day, but will be sending shortly. So I'm sending 2 songs to Podaar right? All growls!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:58:35 PM by twosuitsluke »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cousin of Zoltar.

About 25 years ago, I worked with a guy named Zholt. One day in the lunchroom, he came in with a single roll and a can of sardines. This fucking guy opened his roll and dumped the can of sardines in it and fucking ate it. A sardine sandwich! What in the fuck?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

About 25 years ago, I worked with a guy named Zholt. One day in the lunchroom, he came in with a single roll and a can of sardines. This fucking guy opened his roll and dumped the can of sardines in it and fucking ate it. A sardine sandwich! What in the fuck?

Man, I used to have sardines on toast (with a bit of melted cheese) all the time as a kid. As a Brit, we put anything in a damn sandwich. That sounds delicious to be fair.

I can tell you some sandwich stories.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
OK, been a real busy day, but will be sending shortly. So I'm sending 2 songs to Podaar right? All growls!

Point of order: as much of and as tastefully appropriate (to the music) growls as you believe might induce Indi to like them. My words, not his.

[edit] Oh, and sardine sandwiches are the bomb with finely chopped white onions on them!

Offline twosuitsluke

Point of order: as much of and as tastefully appropriate (to the music) growls as you believe might induce Indi to like them. My words, not his.

Counter offer. Music so good that he'll persevere with the vocals, and learn to love them (however vile they may be) because, well, that music!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey, they're your over-take points...not mine. Maybe he'll like it so much he'll buy you an extra suit!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

[edit] Oh, and sardine sandwiches are the bomb with finely chopped white onions on them!

That...

...is fucking gross. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I am curious why Indi finds harshness in vocals different than say, distortion on a guitar.  I know people who are strictly acoustic or clean only for guitar sounds, and view any noticeable overdrive with distaste.  It seems a rather similar argument to me. 

Offline twosuitsluke

I'd probably prefer to chuck some sriracha and gherkins in with the sardines.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I am curious why Indi finds harshness in vocals different than say, distortion on a guitar.  I know people who are strictly acoustic or clean only for guitar sounds, and view any noticeable overdrive with distaste.  It seems a rather similar argument to me.

There's a huge difference. The vocalist generally is the focal point..generally.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd probably prefer to chuck some sriracha and gherkins in with the sardines.

Mmmmm, sriracha!

:drool:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • żDe qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Isn't Indi a singer? Maybe he's just too old school and used to his ways :P

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->

My pretty simple and possibly banal answer would be distorted guitar sound is incredibly pleasing while harsh vocals is a horrible noise better left to hobgoblins and stuck swine. 

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Isn't Indi a singer? Maybe he's just too old school and used to his ways :P

Fun fact: in my youth I have dubbed for videogames thousands of orcs.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • żDe qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Maybe the real orcs are the friends we made along the way

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
My pretty simple and possibly banal answer would be distorted guitar sound is incredibly pleasing while harsh vocals is a horrible noise better left to hobgoblins and stuck swine. 

I assume even at present there are are certain vocalists that you've found more tolerable than others though, as I can't imagine you being too dissimilar in also finding some distorted guitar tones much more satisfying than others. 

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
I assume even at present there are are certain vocalists that you've found more tolerable than others though, as I can't imagine you being too dissimilar in also finding some distorted guitar tones much more satisfying than others.

You assume right, but harsh vocals aren't "vocalists". To change the previous faulty syllogism with a more correct set of analogies, let's say that I see classical singing as I see acoustic guitar, belting / rock singing as overdriven / distorted guitar, and harsh vocals as a guitar smashed on a fridge.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
That...

...is fucking gross. :lol

The first culinary opinion we agree on. :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
You assume right, but harsh vocals aren't "vocalists".
This I will have to hard disagree with. There is as much technique in doing (proper) harsh vocals as there is in classical/opera singing.

In the end I'm going to say it's just more of a sound issue, in the same way that some people don't like certain foods or food textures.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
This I will have to hard disagree with. There is as much technique in doing (proper) harsh vocals as there is in classical/opera singing.

In the end I'm going to say it's just more of a sound issue, in the same way that some people don't like certain foods or food textures.

A little misunderstanding there. I was criticising Jazzo's analogy (hence the "quotes"), not denying the status of "vocalist" to the growlers. In fact, I deeply respect the technique, creativity, training, and stamina involved, and I fully recognise them as legit artists.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - Phenomenology of the Kobold
« Reply #3841 on: March 26, 2024, 04:19:34 PM »
My throat couldn't last growling.  I wonder how they take care of their throats?

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3842 on: March 26, 2024, 04:34:18 PM »
My throat couldn't last growling.  I wonder how they take care of their throats?

My guess would be mastery of the false cords (the ones we used when we grunted as apes) and focus on the high resonator cavities used in regular singing when doing the “growl” colour.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3843 on: March 26, 2024, 04:36:38 PM »

My guess would be mastery of the false cords (the ones we used when we grunted as apes) and focus on the high resonator cavities used in regular singing when doing the “growl” colour.

Apes? Then Kingshmegland should have no problem.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #3844 on: March 26, 2024, 04:51:10 PM »
Sent

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3845 on: March 26, 2024, 04:55:01 PM »

Apes? Then Kingshmegland should have no problem.

I'm flinging poo at you.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3846 on: March 26, 2024, 05:24:35 PM »
A little misunderstanding there. I was criticising Jazzo's analogy (hence the "quotes"), not denying the status of "vocalist" to the growlers. In fact, I deeply respect the technique, creativity, training, and stamina involved, and I fully recognise them as legit artists.
Ah, fair enough  :tup

This is pretty much it, plus a multitude of other things they are doing, depending on the types of growls or screams they are doing.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3847 on: March 27, 2024, 06:37:58 AM »
Alessandro, Happy World Theater Day!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3848 on: March 27, 2024, 06:41:30 AM »
Alessandro, Happy World Theater Day!

Kiss ass...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3849 on: March 27, 2024, 06:55:47 AM »
Kiss ass...

I'm just a kind and thoughtful person.