Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Deadpool & Wolverine - New Trailer Out Now!(Possible Spoilers!)  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
That's one thing I loved about Loki season 1 and No Way Home.

Always having it be the same actor just feels boring. Sometimes if it's a character we haven't seen in a long time or never in the MCU (like Professor X and Black Bolt in Dr. Strange) then the same actor is fun.

But we already know Hugh is in this, so it would be cool to have a few different actors have a quick cameo as a different Logan. I'd also love different people playing Deadpool. Seems we're getting at least 2 from Ryan and of course a dog. Hoping they have some fun with variants. Richard E Grant was one of my favorite castings of a variant so far. I liked that some of the Loki's were Tom and many more were others. Keeps it interesting.
I read something that the trailer hints that Wanda Wilson (AKA LadyPool) will make an appearance, though that is not confirmed of course.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness

Always having it be the same actor just feels boring. Sometimes if it's a character we haven't seen in a long time or never in the MCU (like Professor X and Black Bolt in Dr. Strange) then the same actor is fun.

But we already know Hugh is in this, so it would be cool to have a few different actors have a quick cameo as a different Logan. I'd also love different people playing Deadpool. Seems we're getting at least 2 from Ryan and of course a dog. Hoping they have some fun with variants. Richard E Grant was one of my favorite castings of a variant so far. I liked that some of the Loki's were Tom and many more were others. Keeps it interesting.
I read something that the trailer hints that Wanda Wilson (AKA LadyPool) will make an appearance, though that is not confirmed of course.

Trailer doesn't hint at it, but it's definitely been rumored. Though every character every on screen has been rumored to be in this movie.

Except Pyro, who actually is in the movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

Trailer doesn't hint at it, but it's definitely been rumored. Though every character every on screen has been rumored to be in this movie.

Except Pyro, who actually is in the movie.

Which is funny because I don't think anyone had heard Pyro would be in the film, which means his scenes were probably shot on a soundstage or an enclosed area, and his casting wasn't leaked to anyone.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
I saw a picture today on the set, and there's a guy that probably will play Bollywood Deadpool  :rollin

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzJRypih_Js

Still my most favorite Deadpool moment:   SUCK A COCK.....!

:rollin

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Let's Fucking Go indeed!

I'm so jacked for this.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
That looks so fucking good. Can't wait :hat :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Online Adami

Digging that a lot.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

Spotted Lady Deathstrike and Azazel in there by the Giant Man helmet. This is gonna be insane!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

Spotted Lady Deathstrike and Azazel in there by the Giant Man helmet. This is gonna be insane!

-Marc.

Missed that! But I wasn’t doing a deep dive. I’m sure someone will post eventually every bit I missed.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't been following any news or spoilers, so I'm assuming that's a variant of The Ancient One?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I haven't been following any news or spoilers, so I'm assuming that's a variant of The Ancient One?

Not sure if you're trying to avoid spoilers or not, but I don't think that's the case.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Adami

Not sure if you're trying to avoid spoilers or not, but I don't think that's the case.

Correct.

I can put who it seemingly is in small font if you’d like. Or you can just go and see it and be like “….who?”
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I can put who it seemingly is in small font if you’d like. Or you can just go and see it and be like “….who?”

Pretty much.  Never heard/knew of that character.  I guess if it's on imdb, it's not much of a spoiler.   ;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I know everyone has their own preferred way of going into movies like this that are based on characters and, sometimes, storylines from other media, but for me, I don't really care too much about character spoilers.  I haven't really read comics in ages, so there have been a number of characters in the MCU that I had no prior knowledge of.  I never really worried about it either way because these films and TV shows, for the most part, don't really rely heavily on prior knowledge of characters from the books.  And I can't really think of a single instance in the MCU where knowing or not knowing a character in advance impacted my enjoyment.

That said, the last word in the above paragraph is the key for me, and I just can't find any reason to be personally interested in this movie.  My interest was already near zero, and, if anything, this trailer moved the needle backward for me. 

EDIT:  And with regard to my last comments, not trying to be a downer, and my desire is not to put down something that others are clearly interested in.  I'm just really disinterested for the following reasons:
1.  I have really disliked the Deadpool films to this point.  Back in the '80s and '90s, I really liked the character.  And I get why this interpretation of him is so edgy, but to me, making him THAT edgy and R-rated as he has been in the films was just trying too hard for something that ultimately just made the character overly juvenile and crass, and just didn't work at all for me.  So I am disappointed him the big screen treatment of the character and in the films in general.
2.  I think the big screen treatment of the X-Men has largely been a debacle as well, although not to the extent as Deadpool.  I used to love the X-Men as a kid, but I have cooled off on them considerably, and the big screen treatment of them has not been kind, IMO.  No desire to see them cross over into the MCU proper (I actually think that how they were attempting to integrate the inhumans through Agents of SHIELD was very well done, and I wish that would have borne more fruit). 
3.  Related to #2, the multiverse saga overall in the MCU has been really hit-and-miss, with more misses than hits for me, especially when they try to retcon in other Marvel properties and films.  That really goes more to my disappointment in the MCU as a whole after phase 3, but that is a factor in this as well.
Those factors all really just leave me not being the least bit excited about this movie, and as far as I'm concerned, the MCU is just taking a break for 2024.  Again, I don't mean to take away from others' enjoyment, but just sharing my own thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:28:01 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I know everyone has their own preferred way of going into movies like this that are based on characters and, sometimes, storylines from other media, but for me, I don't really care too much about character spoilers.  I haven't really read comics in ages, so there have been a number of characters in the MCU that I had no prior knowledge of.  I never really worried about it either way because these films and TV shows, for the most part, don't really rely heavily on prior knowledge of characters from the books.  And I can't really think of a single instance in the MCU where knowing or not knowing a character in advance impacted my enjoyment.

That said, the last word in the above paragraph is the key for me, and I just can't find any reason to be personally interested in this movie.  My interest was already near zero, and, if anything, this trailer moved the needle backward for me. 

Is it the naughty language?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Is it the naughty language?

I just expanded on my thoughts above, but I'll respond to that directly.  I mean, for me, I would prefer if there wasn't any.  But that said, I don't expect movies to cater to my own personal ideal world.*  It would be great if all the MCU movies used only clean language.  But they don't.  It's disappointing to me, but by itself isn't going to kill my enjoyment of a movie too much, as long as it is within reasonable bounds.  And that said, I do think the Deadpool movies cross that line for me in that department.  It's just too constant, too crass, and too...too much, I guess.  That falls within my #1 above, but it isn't the only aspect of #1.

*The sentence I starred can sometimes be context-specific as well though.  For instance, I wouldn't expect Full Metal Jacket to be PG in the language department.  For a movie with the goal of hyper-realism in showing the extreme nature of Marine Corps boot camp during the Vietnam era and the horrors of that war itself, the language is suitable and somewhat necessary for what Kubrick is trying to do.

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And *this* is the Deadpool character.  Marvel was just never able to fully develop it as such in main-stream comic book form.  So if one is to base things on that comparison, and has an issue with vulgarity, then yeah... naturally they're going to be immensely disappointed.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I'm not a fan of gratuitous language especially in music, but I think it just fits in Deadpool's universe. I've never read any Deadpool comics, and I've seen opinions that the movie version is a poor interpretation, but I like that juvenile potty humor. He's supposed to be insane from the cancer so it fits. It can go too far into lame or cringe of course, but I think it's a nice balance for me. I wouldn't mind if Ryan Reynolds played Deadpool exclusively for the rest of his career, because I've seen him in other movies with the same energy and it was not good. Red Notice is a good example of Reynolds doing his shtick and not being funny.  Harsh language works when used to add emphasis or emotion. I think the point of the Deadpool movies is the gratuity. It's outlandish and vulgar, and just crazy like he is. If it was a normal MCU movie, but the characters were swearing up a storm, it would be off-putting for sure.

To use music as an example, swearing in music doesn't bother me if it's used sparingly, but there are some exceptions. I still listen to early Disturbed and Godsmack albums on occasion, and with Godsmack especially, the songs were full of swearing, but the music was heavy and the lyrics were angry. It worked. Now let's go to Taylor Swift's recent output. Maybe I just need to take one of those college classes to fully understand the lyrics, but her songs don't sound angry to me. The cuss words are there just to fill syllables and add nothing. It's lame and cringe. Edgy in the worst way. Her older stuff had angry break up lyrics and she didn't swear then. Now she's older and swearing and it's just dumb.

They could probably make a proper PG-13 Deadpool movie and it would be just as entertaining. The gore would be missed, but as long as the action and comedy was on point, I wouldn't mind.

I agree that the X-Men movies are all over the place in terms of quality. Days of Future Past kinda fixed that, but they went off the rails again. The first 2 movies are pretty fun. I'm expecting the MCU X-Men to be a live action version of the animated series. Everything the Fox movies weren't. It could be amazing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
And *this* is the Deadpool character.  Marvel was just never able to fully develop it as such in main-stream comic book form.  So if one is to base things on that comparison, and has an issue with vulgarity, then yeah... naturally they're going to be immensely disappointed.

Yeah, I mean, I'm NOT saying Deadpool movies shouldn't be made or anything.  Just that I'm not a fan and have no interest personally. 

@Zook, yeah, good points all around.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
They could probably make a proper PG-13 Deadpool movie and it would be just as entertaining. The gore would be missed, but as long as the action and comedy was on point, I wouldn't mind.

Note that there is a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I'm all for gratuitous language and gore....bring it on fuckers  :metal

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Note that there is a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2

That’s why I said proper. One written specifically to be PG13. Not an R rated movie chopped up to be PG13.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
They shot Fred Savage telling the story to his kid like him in The Princess Bride.  It's actually funny.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
They shot Fred Savage telling the story to his kid like him in The Princess Bride.  It's actually funny.

This.  jingle.son and I went to see it in the theater.  It was pretty good.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
So a little thing I just noticed in the trailer that I hope it's just an Easter egg and not a cameo. Small font in case someone doesn't want to know.

The car shown at 1:54 has an Iron-Man hood-ornament, and I believe is the same car from IM1 that tony was working on.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

So a little thing I just noticed in the trailer that I hope it's just an Easter egg and not a cameo. Small font in case someone doesn't want to know.

The car shown at 1:54 has an Iron-Man hood-ornament, and I believe is the same car from IM1 that tony was working on.

Yea, I didn't catch that. But I can't see it being anything more than a nod.
fanticide.bandcamp.com