Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Deadpool & Wolverine - New Trailer Out Now!(Possible Spoilers!)  (Read 2358 times)

Offline The Letter M

I figured I'd get a head-start on this thread for the ONLY MCU Film coming out this year. Funnily enough, Sony has three Marvel films of their own, but they're not (as far as it's known) connected to the MCU. Rumor has it that the first teaser trailer will drop during the Super Bowl next month, and I'm sure it'll be the most viewed film teaser of 2024.

Also, in this thread, if you all would like, you can bring up on-set spoilers that have been shown online, but please preface it with SPOILER space beforehand in case someone doesn't want to see them.

As for the "& More" part of the thread title, I wanted to mention that I plan on re-watching all 18 of the 20th Century Fox produced Marvel Films from 2000 to 2020, including the 13 X-Men related film, 3 Fantastic Four films (yes, even the Josh Trank one), Daredevil and Elektra. I haven't watched some of these in well over 10 years, and a couple not at all (I haven't seen all of The Wolverine, or any of The New Mutants), and I don't think I ever really watched the director's cut of Daredevil, which I heard was much better. I'll also have to watch the Rogue Cut of DOFP as well.

And as for Deadpool 3 itself, I'm most excited for the possible cameos and references it'll have to the soon-to-be-defunct (incursioned?) Fox X-Men timeline(s) as Deadpool screws around. And of course, Hugh Jackman FINALLY in costume.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:39:17 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
As for the "& More" part of the thread title, I wanted to mention that I plan on re-watching all 18 of the 20th Century Fox produced Marvel Films from 2000 to 2020, including the 13 X-Men related film, 3 Fantastic Four films (yes, even the Josh Trank one), Daredevil and Elektra. I haven't watched some of these in well over 10 years, and a couple not at all (I haven't seen all of The Wolverine, or any of The New Mutants), and I don't think I ever really watched the director's cut of Daredevil, which I heard was much better. I'll also have to watch the Rogue Cut of DOFP as well.
*shudders*

Don't do it, man.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
*shudders*

Don't do it, man.

That sounds exhausting honestly. But it would be fun to rewatch some of them.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Still baffled that this will be the only MCU film this year...I mean, I get it as to why, and hopefully we'll all get a fresh perspective from the break in content (especially the production teams lol), but it's just weird not to have something on the immediate horizon.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see DP3 threaten some box office records, based on the popularity of the specific franchise and the lack of other products this year.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
I'm a huge Daredevil fan. My second fav superhero next to Batman and Robin. That film with annoying Affleck is very dated, including the director's cut. The dc IS better, and overall, it's not bad, per se, but I'd rather re-watch the Netflix series again, and again, and again.

Excited for DP3.

My hope is DP3 retains its edge, without jumping the shark. Bringing it into the MCU...yes, but it has to be done in a way that is authentic to how the character really is. So far, so good with DP2, but this will be a big test, IMO. And loving the idea of Hugh Jackman finally in costume. Wolverine is my third fav "super" hero, so all good stuff here for me.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Not just Wolverine in costume, but letting him cut loose in an R-rated movie with Ryan Reynolds.  The trash talking could be absolutely hilarious if Disney lets  Deadpool keep his vulgar mouth. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I'd like an engaging story and great character moments that make me care about more than cameos and Easter eggs.

Though some great cameos and Easter eggs are always welcome on top of that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

I'd like an engaging story and great character moments that make me care about more than cameos and Easter eggs.

Fully agreed. Given how integral Ryan Reynolds has been with the franchise and character thus far, I doubt he'd deliver anything less-than the first two.

Looking at how MCU third-films in a single character franchise have improved over the years (IM3 has its fans but is generally overlooked by most; Civil War is typically a fan favorite though most Cap fans will cite TWS as their favorite of the three; Ragnarok is arguably the best Thor film; No Way Home was a billion-dollar maker, but it had 20 years of Spider-Man cinema under its feet to lift it; and GOTG Vol. 3 is one of the best post-Endgame MCU films), I have high hopes for Deadpool 3 to be one of the best.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin

Fully agreed. Given how integral Ryan Reynolds has been with the franchise and character thus far, I doubt he'd deliver anything less-than the first two.

Looking at how MCU third-films in a single character franchise have improved over the years (IM3 has its fans but is generally overlooked by most; Civil War is typically a fan favorite though most Cap fans will cite TWS as their favorite of the three; Ragnarok is arguably the best Thor film; No Way Home was a billion-dollar maker, but it had 20 years of Spider-Man cinema under its feet to lift it; and GOTG Vol. 3 is one of the best post-Endgame MCU films), I have high hopes for Deadpool 3 to be one of the best.

-Marc.

Quantumania though......

Offline The Letter M

-Marc.

Quantumania though......

Oh.... perhaps I forgot that one on purpose. Let's forget that one ever happened...

-Marc.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Back on the roids
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Reynolds posted on IG with a close up to part of the Deadpool suit

The suit hides blood. Also sweat... But today, with Deadpool wrapping, it's mostly tears. A giant and forever thanks to the cast and crew of our film who battled wind, rain, strikes and @thehughjackman... all under the stalwart leadership of @slevydirect
I got to make a movie with my closest pals and that doesn't happen very often. See ya July 26th... X

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I'm glad he's excited about it, but it's still probably a hard skip for me.  My interest level is only slightly above zero.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

I'm curious about it.

Deadpool 1 was fantastic. Deadpool 2 was good but kind of became too much of a comic book movie for me.

I appreciate that, like Deadpool 1, almost all of the leaked photos have been from one or so scenes. In the first deadpool, it was the highway stuff, and here's the wolverine fight. So I'm curious what the rest of the movie is.

It could be amazing, or could be terrible if they tried to go too comic book movie with it all. But I'm eager for a trailer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I'm curious about it.

Deadpool 1 was fantastic. Deadpool 2 was good but kind of became too much of a comic book movie for me.

I appreciate that, like Deadpool 1, almost all of the leaked photos have been from one or so scenes. In the first deadpool, it was the highway stuff, and here's the wolverine fight. So I'm curious what the rest of the movie is.

It could be amazing, or could be terrible if they tried to go too comic book movie with it all. But I'm eager for a trailer.
Might not need to wait that long since we might get a teaser for the Super Bowl.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
This is the only MCU thing happening that I'm really invested in. The first one is about perfect in my book. The second was good too. Can Marvel still make great movies? I kinda doubt it but I really hope so.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
dammit... beat me to it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

Nice.

Not much there, but I dug the vibe. Action looks.....like I'd expect from the director, but given the over the top character, I'm fine with it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

So according to the closed captions, we've got Agent Paradox with the TVA, as well as PYRO, who I can't be too sure if he's played by the same actor from the earlier X-Men films, but it's fun to see the character again!

I've watched this trailer a dozen times now, and once at .25x speed and saw some fun stuff, especially in the monitors at the TVA, and the thing that grabs a TVA Agent (which definitely looks like Alioth and that they're in the Void from Loki).

-Marc.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Pyro, yes. That's who that was. Yes, that was the same actor.

Marvel Jesus is coming to save the MCU.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

I noticed a a Secret Wars comic when the shadow of Wolverine is almost in front of Deadpool

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Ooof! Can't wait.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
I'm trying to reign in my expectations based on recent Marvel content, but this looks awesome.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:12:05 AM by lordxizor »

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
I love the broken 20th Century Fox Studios logo.   :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Same

Offline kaos2900

This was just the spark I needed to actually go and get caught up on the last few shows/movies.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
I wasn't as big a fan of DP 2 as I was DP 1. But still, love the character. This is going to be epic.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline The Letter M

This was pretty prominently seen in the outdoors filming location that got leaked out last year. It's a very real prop and that whole set was practically done (but will probably also be touched up with VFX). I'm so glad they included it in the trailer, but it was also part of the filming done in the first part of their production, so they've had that footage for awhile now. I think the implication is that the logo, and perhaps the studio/Fox Marvel Universe was all sent to the Void, which is hilarious to me.

I noticed a a Secret Wars comic when the shadow of Wolverine is almost in front of Deadpool

I hope Deadpool remarks about the comic and asks which version of Secret Wars they're going to be in (a la his quip about which version of Professor X he was going to see in the first Deadpool).

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
After seeing the trailer a few times, I'm wondering if we will get to see Gambit in this movie. Since the Channing Tatum movie was cancelled, maybe he plays a cameo (similar to Wolverine Origins).

Offline The Letter M

After seeing the trailer a few times, I'm wondering if we will get to see Gambit in this movie. Since the Channing Tatum movie was cancelled, maybe he plays a cameo (similar to Wolverine Origins).

Lots of folks seem to theorize that he might be the card dealer obscured by who many presume to be Patch, the Madripoor-alter-ego of Wolverine, see in the trailer in a white suit at the card table.

-Marc.

Offline Adami

Lots of folks seem to theorize that he might be the card dealer obscured by who many presume to be Patch, the Madripoor-alter-ego of Wolverine, see in the trailer in a white suit at the card table.

-Marc.

That's not a bad place for a quick Gambit cameo. Hadn't thought of that.

I also wonder if Hugh will play all of the Logan variants or if they will bring in other actors for a few like Patch.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

-Marc.

That's not a bad place for a quick Gambit cameo. Hadn't thought of that.

I also wonder if Hugh will play all of the Logan variants or if they will bring in other actors for a few like Patch.

It would be hilarious to see other actors portray Logan, especially if they follow the often fan-cast actors like Daniel Radcliffe or the like. I mean, if they could get Krasinski to be Reed Richards for 10 minutes in Doctor Strange ITMOM, they maybe non-Hugh Logans are a possibility as well! The logic for variants being different actors or the same hasn't been consistent either (different Spider-Men and Lokis, but Wanda and Strange are the same?).

-Marc.

Offline Adami

That's one thing I loved about Loki season 1 and No Way Home.

Always having it be the same actor just feels boring. Sometimes if it's a character we haven't seen in a long time or never in the MCU (like Professor X and Black Bolt in Dr. Strange) then the same actor is fun.

But we already know Hugh is in this, so it would be cool to have a few different actors have a quick cameo as a different Logan. I'd also love different people playing Deadpool. Seems we're getting at least 2 from Ryan and of course a dog. Hoping they have some fun with variants. Richard E Grant was one of my favorite castings of a variant so far. I liked that some of the Loki's were Tom and many more were others. Keeps it interesting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com