Author Topic: Questions for those who own the Bucharest DVD  (Read 805 times)

Offline JPZealot

Questions for those who own the Bucharest DVD
« on: January 10, 2024, 05:28:09 PM »
So, I finally got my grubby paws on a copy of the long out of print YtseJam Bucharest DVD. It's pretty hard trying to find original copies of some these (as opposed to bootlegs). I *think* this is a legit copy, but I noticed there is a YtseJam Records watermark in the top right corner. I just confirmed that the same watermark is NOT on my copy of When Dream and Day ReUnite DVD. Is this watermark on the legit version, or did I get a counterfeit?

Additionally - the copy I bought was missing the insert. I was hoping to print it out for myself, and looking online it seems that its just a single sided sheet with a tour poster and the credits. Do others find this to be the case as well?

Thanks!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Questions for those who own the Bucharest DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 11:45:17 PM »
Just checked for you. Can confirm there is a watermark present in the top right during the performance. Can also confirm what you said about the insert.

Edit: just watched the first part of The Glass Prison in an obvious attempt at delaying exercise and was surprised to see there isn't a single shot of JP while playing the crazy bit near the start. Bizarre. Lots of close-ups of JM's fingers, though. Guess the director didn't realise what was going on.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 11:50:21 PM by nobloodyname »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 05:56:40 AM »
The YJR watermark in the upper right corner was placed there because whatever channel had broadcast that performance originally had *their* watermark in that location. While I imagine it's much easier to remove that watermark now, back then the decision was made to just use the YJR logo and Majesty symbol to cover it up. The WDaDR was filmed by the band, so that's why there was no need for a watermark to be placed on the WDaDR video.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 06:38:29 AM »
Is it there in the bonus content?
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 07:56:32 PM »
Honestly, I don't remember either way, but whether it is or it isn't won't prove or disprove whether your DVD is legitimate or a counterfeit. Counterfeiters will just rip the original/official released DVD and press their own copies exactly how the original was.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline JPZealot

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 10:26:35 PM »
Thank you nobloodyname and Scotty! It felt like a legit release (I have unfortunately gotten some counterfeits in the past), but just wanted to check. What Scotty said about the watermark totally makes sense, and seems like a reasonable solution to the problem.

As an aside, I had previously seen the JLB fall during TKH, but had completely forgotten about it.  That moment provided a much needed laugh ;D!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 08:24:09 AM »
I had previously seen the JLB fall during TKH, but had completely forgotten about it.  That moment provided a much needed laugh ;D!
Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood, all I need is to remember that "GLKKK!" and I chuckle and replay it in my head as many times as necessary.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 11:10:58 AM »

Yes, a documentary from the Bulgarian TV that filmed the show (July 2002) and the 9 Degrees of Backstage Turbulence (November 2002) (info from Discogs).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2024, 12:05:56 PM »
Edit: just watched the first part of The Glass Prison in an obvious attempt at delaying exercise and was surprised to see there isn't a single shot of JP while playing the crazy bit near the start. Bizarre. Lots of close-ups of JM's fingers, though. Guess the director didn't realise what was going on.

Yeah, I always felt like the camera people were not ready to shoot that first song.  It gets better, but the start is showing the wrong people  :lol

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2024, 01:05:32 PM »
I've had this show on today while idling away on the PC. I'd forgotten how long DT's shows used to be. And they did it night in, night out. Crazy stamina.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2024, 01:36:02 PM »
I really wish they would rerelease this DVD. It's one of my favorite DT live shows and my original copy is scratched beyond repair(my bad, ive had it for years through a couple different moves). I know it exists on youtube in different songs, but I still would really like to have a new copy I can pop in my blu-ray player to watch.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2024, 01:58:34 PM »
I've never heard of this show. Now I need to see it.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP