Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 43787 times)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Nine Inch Nails
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2013, 03:59:14 AM »
I would be up for it.  :tup

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2013, 04:18:21 AM »
Hey! Anyone interested (aside Deb) in NIN survivor?

Grrrr. :angry:

D'ohhhh.... I can't hate on ya. :heart

Offline Ruba

« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2013, 04:54:36 AM »
Sorry, I meant to say that you are already interested  :blush. My English fails me sometimes.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2013, 04:55:19 AM »
It's okay, really - I was giving you shit. :laugh:

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2013, 09:15:10 AM »
Yeah sure.

NIN is the tits up until around the Slip and the Ghost stuff, that I 'm not familiar with as much.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
Ghosts is great for background music. Five years on and I still never got into The Slip, though.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2013, 01:12:52 AM »
OK, I think I'll make a survivor. It just goes to the end of the queue, so it might take some time to get it started.

A few questions though:

-Should I make a miscellanious round?
-Should Physical and Suck be included in Broken, or the possible miscellanious round?
-The Fragile: two discs separately or all songs at once?
-Should Ghosts I-IV be included?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
NIN fans! I have Ghosts, The Slip, and a couple songs off The Downward Spiral and With Teeth each. Between With Teeth and Year Zero, which is a better starting place for beginners?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
The Fragile.

In it's entirety.

In one evening.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »
NIN fans! I have Ghosts, The Slip, and a couple songs off The Downward Spiral and With Teeth each. Between With Teeth and Year Zero, which is a better starting place for beginners?

If it had to be between those 2, I would go with With Teeth, because I don't really like Year Zero. 

But neither of those two albums are going to give you the most accurate taste of NIN. For that I would recommend Broken, Downward Spiral and The Fragile. Then go check out Pretty Hate machine. Those are my favorites.

I would save Year Zero, Ghosts and The slip for last honestly.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2013, 06:33:05 PM »

If it had to be between those 2, I would go with With Teeth, because I don't really like Year Zero. 

But neither of those two albums are going to give you the most accurate taste of NIN. For that I would recommend Broken, Downward Spiral and The Fragile. Then go check out Pretty Hate machine. Those are my favorites.

I would save Year Zero, Ghosts and The slip for last honestly.

Listen to this man. He is right about everything.

In addition to The Slip, Year Zero is the other album that just never gelled with me, unfortunately.  :(

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
My first album was Ghosts actually, followed by The Slip. I liked the first half of both albums.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Ruba

« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2013, 03:37:03 AM »
The Downward Spiral is amazing. With Teeth and Pretty Hate Machine are very good, but I'm not much into Broken. Pinion, Wish and Happiness in Slavery are all great songs, but the three other regular tracks doesn't really work for me. The covers are alright.

I will listen to The Fragile as soon as I have some time for it.

Oh, and I checked their show from Woodstock '94 and it was amazing! Especially Terrible Lie, The Only Time and Help Me I Am In Hell/Happiness in Slavery were awesome! But does anyone know, why they played only three songs from The Downward Spiral?

And I haven't got any response for these. Do I make a survivor of not? Will there be enough participants?

-Should I make a miscellanious round?
-Should Physical and Suck be included in Broken, or the possible miscellanious round?
-The Fragile: two discs separately or all songs at once?
-Should Ghosts I-IV be included?

Offline Ruba

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2013, 02:01:26 AM »
Apparently the Broken movie is now available. I'm not going to watch it though, even reading the plot was disgusting. However, I've seen videos for Pinion and Wish.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Apparently the Broken movie is now available. I'm not going to watch it though, even reading the plot was disgusting. However, I've seen videos for Pinion and Wish.

it's been officially unofficially torrented since 2004 as a proper, restored DVD with all footage. same with Closure (which has extra footage). it was banned from Vimeo within hours, so i'm assuming that'll be the only place to get it from now on!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial?hc_location=stream

So glad that Finck is back. That's really the one piece of the puzzle I felt was missing.

I can't wait for this tour.  :metal

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »
I saw that too - looking forward to possibly seeing NIN again.  Saw them on the [With_Teeth] tour and MAN... I was so sweaty when I walked out of the show! :coolio

Offline Ruba

« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
Good, Robin is awesome.

Offline adace

« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »
 :omg: YESSSSSSSS

“I’ve been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately. For the last year I’ve been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!”

https://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/51585462200/ive-been-less-than-honest-about-what-ive-really

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #229 on: May 28, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
Didn't really enjoy The Slip, but I'm always up for more NIN.  :laugh:

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »
:omg: YESSSSSSSS

“I’ve been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately. For the last year I’ve been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!”

https://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/51585462200/ive-been-less-than-honest-about-what-ive-really

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :squee: :woot:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2013, 03:09:14 AM »
A new NiN will make me so excited.

Offline Vivace

« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2013, 01:01:26 PM »
This news is exciting! Although I was not a fan of Ghosts and thought The Slip was okay... any band can be subject to the mediocre releases. Trent has most definitely proven himself long before Ghosts as I have been a fan since Broken. So definitely can't wait to hear what he's come up with. I'm kinda hoping for a little bit of a return to The Downward Spiral sound.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Offline Metal

« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »

:metal
Don't know where you live, but if your ever in Berkeley, dinner's on me.  Thanks man!!!

Offline Ruba

« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2013, 03:55:13 AM »
Totally looking forward to the new record.

I actually like The Slip quite a bit, it has some of my fav NIN songs like Discipline, Echoplex, Lights In the Sky and Corona Radiata. I'd say it's better than Pretty Hate Machine or Year Zero.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »

:metal

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  :metal

Offline adace

« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
NINE INCH NAILS will release a new single this Thursday (June 6) to radio at 11:30 a.m. PDT.

The new song, titled "Came Back Haunted", "harkens back to early NINE INCH NAILS," says Lisa Worden, Music Director for Los Angeles alternative station KROQ.

"I think it's in line with the first two albums," Worden continues. "It's got a great beat, it's not the experimental material [NINE INCH NAILS mainman] Trent's [Reznor] done in the last five years." Worden indicated the song didn't strike her as angry. Rather the beat is what made an impression. "I wouldn't say that it's dance-y, but it does have a great beat, a groove. Trent really brought it with this song. It's going to sound amazing to new fans and old. It's just cool."
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190830&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Ruba

« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2013, 05:59:41 AM »
FUCK YESSS!  :metal :metal :metal

Offline adace

« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »
OH SHIIIIII  :omg: :omg: :omg:
https://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/06/listen-nine-inch-nails-came-back-haunted/

Amazing song. So dirty and catchy ;D And Trent still sounds awesome. This album can't come soon enough.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:21:29 PM by adace »

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2013, 11:11:45 PM »
New album title is "Hesitation Marks" according to Soundcloud where the song is.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2013, 11:51:12 PM »
NINE INCH NAILS will release a new single this Thursday (June 6) to radio at 11:30 a.m. PDT.

The new song, titled "Came Back Haunted", "harkens back to early NINE INCH NAILS," says Lisa Worden, Music Director for Los Angeles alternative station KROQ.

"I think it's in line with the first two albums," Worden continues. "It's got a great beat, it's not the experimental material [NINE INCH NAILS mainman] Trent's [Reznor] done in the last five years." Worden indicated the song didn't strike her as angry. Rather the beat is what made an impression. "I wouldn't say that it's dance-y, but it does have a great beat, a groove. Trent really brought it with this song. It's going to sound amazing to new fans and old. It's just cool."
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190830&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

OMG HOLY SHITFUCK AWESOMESAUCE!!!! :omg: :metal :hefdaddy

Offline adace

« Reply #241 on: June 06, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »
New album title is "Hesitation Marks" according to Soundcloud where the song is.
Thanks for the catch. Also, the link I posted was the radio edit I think. The Soundcloud one has the full version.
https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails/came-back-haunted-2013

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »
News of this tour is bittersweet, since the Philly date is a part of the Made In America festival, which is $170 for a GA ticket where 34 out of the 36 bands I have no interest in seeing and I already have work that weekend so...

Looks like I'm sitting this one out.  :sadpanda:

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »
ORLANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO