Author Topic: Dream Theater Top 100 countdown - 2024 Version! (#01 Up!)  (Read 59560 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Dream Theater Top 100 countdown - 2024 Version! (#03 Up!)
« Reply #2205 on: February 09, 2024, 04:57:03 AM »
Nope, Untethered Angel was not ranked.

I also wonder if the next update will be the final one? I mean, I can't imagine anyone not realizing which are the two songs missing, so once we know number #2, we damn well know which's number #1.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #2206 on: February 09, 2024, 05:05:49 AM »
I had Three Days at 91 and Lord Nafaryus at 100.

Am I right in saying Untethered Angel wasn't ranked? Well, unless we all get a surprise today or tomorrow. I was wondering if that was the only opening song not to be ranked but there's also the one from The Astonishing, whatever it's called (sorry), and Rite of Passage. And Regression.

Rite of Passage isn't an opener though, and A Nightmare to Remember was actually ranked.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2207 on: February 09, 2024, 05:15:40 AM »
My highest ranked song that didn't end up on the overall list is The Path That Divides, which I had at #53.

I knew it would be a song from The Astonishing.  :lol What I'm most curious about are the songs that ended up between #101 and #110.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2208 on: February 09, 2024, 06:12:41 AM »

Total respect for those that love it, and if it moves you, then I (legit) could not be happier, since that's the whole point of music, to CONNECT.  Probably the two best things I can say about this song is that it DOES connect - and has continued to do so over the years - and the lyrics (arguably Mike's best).   

But...  it just doesn't connect with me. 

My favorite album side epics are, in order, Alive Again, Supper's Ready, and either Octavarium or the live Suite Charlotte Pike medley with the Abbey Road interpolations.  Every one of them has a moment that is chill inducing (the Bill section in AA, the "There's an angel standing in the sun..." section in SR...).  There's just nothing in there that separates like that for me.  It also is sort of symbolic of the Derek-era, which is my least favorite (if you're counting by "keyboard players").  Maybe if it DID appear on an album, in context with other things, it might be different, but it feels like... not a throwaway, but like it's a ship without a port.   I also haven't seen it live, so there's that as well.

Lyrically, though... that's a tour de force.

I applaud you sir. You have expressed your thoughts on a massively popular song that you just don't happen to like as much as others, yet you didn't succumb to the urge to call it "overated".

No.  Look, I totally understand.  My HEAD gets it; people who's musical taste I trust LOVE it, and I can't ignore that.  My HEART (or GUT, or whatever) just hasn't seen fit to follow along.  No need to slag others or the song for what's definitely a "me" problem (to the extent it even is a problem). 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2209 on: February 09, 2024, 06:26:27 AM »
My top ten unranked songs:

1.    Cover My Eyes
12.  Along For The Ride
18.  The Way It Used To Be
22.  Take Away My Pain
39.  The Answer Lies Within

Look, anyone that knows me, KNOWS I love the b-sides and bonus tracks.   "Total Eclipse" by Maiden was number four, and only because I did there what I didn't do here, and that's bow to the pressure of the better known song (NOTB).   Van Halen, "Me Wise Magic" was number 4.  UFO, if I did one, "Heel Of A Stranger", a bonus track/b-side from Mechanix would be in the top three.

I would rank "Cleaning Out The Closet probably no. 6 on my album list, higher than any of the Mangini records.  I LOVE the Director's Cut of FII, and think it's way better than the released album.  Cover My Eyes is just one of those songs that hit me then, and I've never tired of it.  I put it on in the car and sing along - horribly - and love every minute of it's 3:23.  Is it indicative of Dream Theater?  No; nor does it have any of the hallmarks of what we think is quintessential Dream Theater.  That's my number 2, 3 and 10 (which I think will be our overall no. 1).  That's not what this list is; it's not "the top 100 most quintessential Dream Theater songs".  It's our individual "Top 100 Favorite Dream Theater songs" and that's what I did. 

12. I think is just a beautiful song and one of the few Mangini-era songs that isn't inundated with bass drum, plus it has a cool ELP throwback solo from Jordan, and so it's something I go to a fair amount. 

18.  See above, re: Cleaning out the Closet and FII Director's Cut.  Both CME and this song have choruses that stick in my head for day, and I'm a sucker for a good chorus (see my criticism of ACOS).

22.  Fully concede that this is a recent choice and dependent almost solely on my relisten, where I listened to it while driving back from my parents with a car full of their remaining possessions and I pretty much listened to it three times in a row and cried for about 20 minutes after. 

39.  Just a great song.  'nuff said!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2210 on: February 09, 2024, 06:40:22 AM »
I'm a sucker for B-sides and bonus track as well. It goes back to The Beatles, Oasis, The Jam, XTC and other bands who had stellar B-sides. And the stuff from the FII sessions are good to great in quality for me.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Dream Theater Top 100 countdown - 2024 Version! (#02 Up!)
« Reply #2211 on: February 09, 2024, 06:42:46 AM »
Near the end now:

02. Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper
Highest Finish: 1 (Awaken, DTwwbwMP, Jamesman42, lightningbolt, MirrorMask, Mladen, MustActFastToCoverUp, nobloodyname)
Number of Lists appeared on: 65 (Adami, Animal, Awaken, axeman90210, bosk1, CanuckChum, CharlesPL, Cool Chris, Dave_Manchester, devieira73, Dittomist, DragonAttack, Dream Team, DTwwbwMP, energythief, Evermind, Fonzie, geeeemo, hefdaddy42, Indiscipline, Jamesman42, jammindude, jeff_kinsley, JiM-Xtreme, jingle.boy, jonny108, JPZealot, KevShmev, King Puppies and the Acid Guppies, Lethean, lightningbolt, lucasembarbosa, mariner, Metro, MirrorMask, Mladen, MoraWintersoul, Mosh, MustActFastToCoverUp, nobloodyname, NoFred, OpenYourEyes311, Peter Mc, pg1067, PixelDream, Podaar, porcacultor, ReaperKK, ReaPsTA, Revenge319, romdrums, Setlist Scotty, Stadler, SwedishGoose, TAC, The Realm, Toro, Trav86, twosuitsluke, Vmadera00, WardySI, weirdo, Wim Kruithof, wolfking, Zydar)

Not surprised to see it this high. Incredible song but it's worn on me. I tend to skip this track when it comes up, I don't hate it, I've just had too much exposure.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2212 on: February 09, 2024, 06:45:42 AM »
Ah, Metropolis. The quintessential DT song. It has everything that represents their sound. It was my #4 and I totally understand that eight members had it as #1.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2213 on: February 09, 2024, 06:46:13 AM »
Metropolis Pt. 1- My #5, though #s 2-5 are *very* close in my book. It pretty much set the template for the classic Dream Theater sound and song structure. Inventive, rocking, beautiful, top-notch musicianship throughout, and a sublime vocal performance from JLB.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2214 on: February 09, 2024, 06:47:19 AM »
I honestly thought this would be number one.   I love everything about this song.  It was 10 for me, but that just means their catalogue fucking rules. 

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2215 on: February 09, 2024, 06:53:46 AM »
Ah, Metropolis. The quintessential DT song. It has everything that represents their sound. It was my #4 and I totally understand that eight members had it as #1.

I'm one of those 8, and proudly so  :metal

Yeah, Metropolis has to be my favorite DT song. The first times I heard it, still young (1999) and still with my musical taste developing, I had never really heard music so complex but yet so relatable, with such strong vocal melodies. I know it might seem ironic that I complain a lot about long instrumental sections and I call my favorite song the one with a completely insane solo section, but I find it coherent, in line with the mood of the song, hummable at parts, and in all well crafted. And then of course, James' soaring voice in his invincible era, every line of the song is spellbinding and memorable.

Great musicianship + great vocal lines all the way through + amazing singer = match made in musical heaven. Metropolis wins it for me.

The one that will actually win this.... it finished 10th for me.

@Stadler - Cover My Eyes made my list at 77! and it's not even the best ranking non album track for me  :hat
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2216 on: February 09, 2024, 06:54:57 AM »
I had Three Days at 91 and Lord Nafaryus at 100.

Am I right in saying Untethered Angel wasn't ranked? Well, unless we all get a surprise today or tomorrow. I was wondering if that was the only opening song not to be ranked but there's also the one from The Astonishing, whatever it's called (sorry), and Rite of Passage. And Regression.

Rite of Passage isn't an opener though, and A Nightmare to Remember was actually ranked.

That's a fair point :lol
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #2217 on: February 09, 2024, 07:08:05 AM »
I honestly thought this would be number one.   I love everything about this song.  It was 10 for me, but that just means their catalogue fucking rules.
It wasn't last time around, either. And unless by some miracle CME ends up taking the #1 spot  ;) I think it's safe to say the #1 song last time around is the same for this time, too, which makes me very happy as it has been my #1 DT song for as long as I can remember.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2218 on: February 09, 2024, 07:13:48 AM »
I think this was my number 2 as well. Definitely the song that clinched DT for me. I still remember the first time I listened to this song. I had purchased the cassette of Images and Words at a record store in Midway Mall in Elyria, OH in early August, 1992. My walkman had auto reverse, so you didn't have to take the cassette out to flip it over and play side B. I was pretty impressed with side A, but when Met I kicked in, I felt like I was about to go to a whole new level. I remember listening to it on my grandparents' front porch, and I think my jaw was on the floor once the middle section kicked in. I had not heard this level of technicality and musicianship before, and the fact that they hit all of those transitions so smoothly blew my mind. I was instantly hooked!  Just a mind-blowing song from start to finish.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline HOF

« Reply #2219 on: February 09, 2024, 07:16:12 AM »
Metropolis definitely is one of the definitive DT songs. If you want to know what the band is all about, I’d probably suggest this song. And it is a great song, but like Pull Me Under I’ve pretty well worn it out. Still a great song for sure.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2220 on: February 09, 2024, 07:18:42 AM »
Metropolis was my #1. I've only heard a handful of better songs in my lifetime.

And as much as I love the song that's coming up, I was almost confident Metropolis would be the overall number one. But this is still fine.  ;D

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2221 on: February 09, 2024, 07:21:41 AM »
2 Metropolis Pt. 1 - Just a great, great song, and possibly the quintessential Dream Theater track, holding all of the elements that define Dream Theater.  I had it at # 4.

Which means, we now know what song will be # 1.

If anyone cares, here are the Top 10 songs from my list that didn't make the consensus list, along with their rank on my list.

16 Speak To Me
17 Eve
46 Don't Look Past Me
48 The Way It Used To Be
56 Another Hand
57 Cover My Eyes
62 Out of Reach
66 Take Away My Pain
67 Far From Heaven
84 Moment of Betrayal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2222 on: February 09, 2024, 07:32:49 AM »
Uh well, if we're spilling the beans....

My top 10 not ranked songs:

36 A Better Life
40 Ravenskill
41 When Your Time Has Come
52 Speak To Me
59 Astonishing
61 Far From Heaven
64 Three Days
67 Don't Look Past Me
69 Chosen
74 A Savior In The Square

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2223 on: February 09, 2024, 07:44:19 AM »
Metropolis is my #23

Still love the song, just love 22 others more. That intro is iconic, and to this day I still haven’t figured out exactly how to tap out the instrumental section on my steering wheel.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2224 on: February 09, 2024, 07:57:38 AM »

36 A Better Life
40 Ravenskill
52 Speak To Me
59 Astonishing
61 Far From Heaven
64 Three Days
67 Don't Look Past Me
69 Chosen
Wow, you really like The Astonishing!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2225 on: February 09, 2024, 07:58:29 AM »
Nice to see some love for Don't Look Past Me.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2226 on: February 09, 2024, 07:59:32 AM »
I even found room for You Not Me, of course many Astonishing songs, in a top 100 list, found a spot  :D

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #2227 on: February 09, 2024, 08:13:18 AM »
I cannot believe someone left Metropolis pt. I from his list... So, if #1 is on everyones list, then only 3 songs made them all.

My top 3 of songs that didn't make the list are;
- 39 Another Hand
- 35 Bombay Vindaloo
- 32 Another Won
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2228 on: February 09, 2024, 08:14:50 AM »

36 A Better Life
40 Ravenskill
52 Speak To Me
59 Astonishing
61 Far From Heaven
64 Three Days
67 Don't Look Past Me
69 Chosen

Wait until we see Indi's list!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2229 on: February 09, 2024, 08:34:38 AM »

36 A Better Life
40 Ravenskill
52 Speak To Me
59 Astonishing
61 Far From Heaven
64 Three Days
67 Don't Look Past Me
69 Chosen

Wait until we see Indi's list!

I have the list at home so I'm not sure, but I believe M-Mask may have beaten me on the Astonishing tunes love.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2230 on: February 09, 2024, 08:38:26 AM »
I had fourteen songs from The Astonishing in my top 100. Try to beat that.  ;)

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2231 on: February 09, 2024, 08:39:17 AM »

Is 26 enough?

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #2232 on: February 09, 2024, 08:56:27 AM »
SFAM having four songs in the top 20 and six in the top 30 (with another in the low 30s) speaks to what a great album it is. With most concept albums, even great ones, I think there's a sense of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts". It's not rare for a concept album to only have one or two songs that stand out by themselves. By contrast, SFAM has banger after banger, which are enhanced by the overall collection of songs gelling together really well. Just such a phenomenal record!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2233 on: February 09, 2024, 09:05:02 AM »
Metropolis, Pt. 1: the Miracle and the Sleeper was my nr 4. Awesome song that really defines what Dream Theater is all about. Been a favorite since I bought the album in 1992.

My ranking so far

1 Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (9)
2 A Change of Seasons (3)
3 Octavarium (4)
4 Metropolis, Pt. 1: the Miracle and the Sleeper   (2)
5 Take the Time (17)
6 Another Day (38)
7 Space-Dye Vest (30)
8 One Last Time (46)
9 Trial of Tears (6)

11 The Dance of Eternity (33)
12 The Spirit Carries On (26)
13 Surrounded (20)
14 Home (5)
15 Voices (7)
16 Pull Me Under (14)
17 The Mirror (27)
18 Finally Free (19)
19 The Silent Man (66)
20 Illumination Theory (25)
21 Caught In a Web (51)
22 6:00 (34)
24 Scarred  (12)
25 Fatal Tragedy  (13)
27 Wait For Sleep (44t)
28 Through Her Eyes  (74)
32 Awaken the Master (81)
33 Sleeping Giant (85)
35 Beyond This Life (24)
36 Strange Deja Vu (18)
37 Our New World (93)
38 Innocence Faded (42)
40 Lifting Shadows Off a Dream (35)
41 A View from the Top of the World (49t)
44 The Great Debate (53)
45 To Live Forever (76)
46 Under a Glass Moon (16)
47 Lie (47t)
48 Erotomania (40)
50 Answering the Call (75)
54 Beneath the Surface (64)
56 The Count of Tuscany (10)
57 Pale Blue Dot (62)
59 Transcending Time (90)
63 Bridges In the Sky (23)
64 Sacrificed Sons (63)
65 The Looking Glass (92)
66 Hollow Years (59)
61 At Wit's End ( 37)
62 Stream of Consciousness  (39)
73 As I Am (43)
74 The Root of All Evil(36)
75 The Alien (69)
76 Breaking All Illusions (8)
77 A Nightmare To Remember (49t)
78 Misunderstood (31)
81 Behind the Veil (89)
86 Peruvian Skies (44t)
87 Surrender To Reason (83)
88 Ytse Jam (67)
89 Forsaken (95)
90 The Glass Prison (15)
91. The Gift of Music (98)
94. Never Enough (100)
96 Endless Sacrifice (29)
99 These Walls (54)
100 Honor Thy Father (71)

Highest ranker of
8 One Last Time (46), 1 Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (9)

Not rated
Wither (99), Vacant (97), Afterlife (96), S2N (94), A New Beginning (91), This is the Life (88), New Millennium (87), Constant Motion (86), The Enemy Inside (84), Only a Matter of Time (82), I Walk Beside You (80), The Shattered Fortress (79), A Fortune In Lies (78), The Best Of Times (78), Lost Not Forgotten (73), Fall Into the Light (72), The Dark Eternal Night (70), The Killing Hand (68), Raise The Knife (65), The Ministry of Lost Souls (61), The Bigger Picture (60), Outcry (58),  Hell's Kitchen (57), On The Backs Of Angels (56), Panic Attack (55), Barstool Warrior (52), This Dying Soul (47t), Disappear (41), Overture 1928 (32), Lines In The Sand (28), In the Presence of Enemies (22),  Blind Faith (21), In the Name of God (11)

Rated: 66
Not rated: 33

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2234 on: February 09, 2024, 09:25:13 AM »

Is 26 enough?
Well done, sir.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2235 on: February 09, 2024, 09:30:54 AM »
The chord progression at the end of Met. Pt. 1 (Starting at the "Before the leaves have fallen" part) is one of the most clever things (harmonically) DT has done, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 09:47:32 AM by Lonk »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #2236 on: February 09, 2024, 09:36:45 AM »
Metropolis Pt. 1 is my 2nd fave DT song. Well, I don't have much to add to what has been said here, just that this song is always incredible in its live versions that have some variations. And one of the most interesting ones is in LNF Live at Old Bridge, with the alternative solo section from Once in a LiveTime.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2237 on: February 09, 2024, 09:46:14 AM »
Near the end now:

02. Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper
Highest Finish: 1 (Awaken, DTwwbwMP, Jamesman42, lightningbolt, MirrorMask, Mladen, MustActFastToCoverUp, nobloodyname)
Number of Lists appeared on: 65 (Adami, Animal, Awaken, axeman90210, bosk1, CanuckChum, CharlesPL, Cool Chris, Dave_Manchester, devieira73, Dittomist, DragonAttack, Dream Team, DTwwbwMP, energythief, Evermind, Fonzie, geeeemo, hefdaddy42, Indiscipline, Jamesman42, jammindude, jeff_kinsley, JiM-Xtreme, jingle.boy, jonny108, JPZealot, KevShmev, King Puppies and the Acid Guppies, Lethean, lightningbolt, lucasembarbosa, mariner, Metro, MirrorMask, Mladen, MoraWintersoul, Mosh, MustActFastToCoverUp, nobloodyname, NoFred, OpenYourEyes311, Peter Mc, pg1067, PixelDream, Podaar, porcacultor, ReaperKK, ReaPsTA, Revenge319, romdrums, Setlist Scotty, Stadler, SwedishGoose, TAC, The Realm, Toro, Trav86, twosuitsluke, Vmadera00, WardySI, weirdo, Wim Kruithof, wolfking, Zydar)

Not surprised to see it this high. Incredible song but it's worn on me. I tend to skip this track when it comes up, I don't hate it, I've just had too much exposure.

Metropolis was the song that really told me DT was something unique and special.  The opening still gives me chills.  When the full band kicks in, strap in for a crazy ride.  Subtle time shifts in the "I was told there's a miracle" section.  James completely tears it up, and there are some great vocal harmonies that I wish they'd do live.  The middle section is one of the most incredible things I'd ever heard.  There's a bass solo in this song where JM does a bass solo.  It's pretty fucking amazing.  And then the release at the end is just perfect.  I had it at #3, and it finished at #4 in the prior countdown.  I'll save the praise for the obvious repeat winner until Reaper officially reveals it.

List                                                    Not Ranked         
100  This Dying Soul (47T)                  Never Enough (100), The Gift of Music (98), Our New World (93), A New Beginning (91), New Millennium (87), Sleeping Giant (85), Awaken the Master (81), The Best of Times (77), To Live Forever (75T)
99  I Walk Beside You (80)                  Answering the Call (75T), Lost Not Forgotten (73), Fall into the Light (72), Honor Thy Father (71), Raise the Knife (65), The Great Debate (53), Peruvian Skies (44T), Disappear (41), The Mirror (27)
98  Far from Heaven (NR)
97  This Is the Life (88)
96  Prophets of War (NR)
95  A Rite of Passage (NR)
94  The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun (NR)
93  Lines in the Sand (28)
92  The Ministry of Lost Souls (61)
91  Build Me Up; Break Me Down (NR)
90  False Awakening Suite (NR)
89  Under a Glass Moon (16)
88  Another Day (38)
87  Innocence Faded (42)
86  Lie (47T)
85  In the Presence of Enemies (22)
84  Forsaken (95)
83  Enigma Machine (NR)
82  Erotomania (40)
81  The Spirit Carries On (26)
80  A Life Left Behind (NR)
79  Vacant (97)
78  Wait for Sleep (44T)
77  The Silent Man (66)
76  Status Seeker (NR)
75  A Fortune in Lies (78)
74  Burning My Soul (NR)
73  A Nightmare to Remember (50)
72  You Not Me (NR)
71  These Walls (54)
70  Viper King (NR)
69  At Wit's End (37)
68  The Shattered Fortress (79)
67  The Dark Eternal Night (70)
66  Pale Blue Dot (62)
65  Transcending Time (90)
64  Untethered Angel (NR)
63  Space-Dye Vest (30)
62  Out of Reach (NR)
61  Beneath the Surface (64)
60  Hell's Kitchen (57)
59  Afterlife (96)
58  Light Fuse and Get Away (NR)
57  Surrender to Reason (83T)
56  The Answer Lies Within (NR)
55  The Alien (69)
54  The Root of All Evil (36)
53  The Bigger Picture (60)
52  Trial of Tears (6)
51  Pull Me Under (14)
50  Anna Lee (NR)
49  As I Am (43)
48  A View from the Top of the World (49)
47  Lifting Shadows off a Dream (35)
46  Behind the Veil (89)
45  The Glass Prison (15)
44  On the Backs of Angels (56)
43  Ytse Jam (67)
42  One Last Time (46)
41  Through Her Eyes (74)
40  The Dance of Eternity (33)
39  The Enemy Inside (83T)
38  Hollow Years (59)
37  Along for the Ride (NR)
36  Caught in a Web (51)
35  Barstool Warrior (52)
34  Endless Sacrifice (29)
33  Outcry (58)
32  6:00 (34)
31  The Looking Glass (92)
30  Bridges in the Sky (23)
29  Misunderstood (31)
28  S2N (94)
27  Wither (99)
26  Finally Free (19)
25  Overture 1928 (32)
24  Beyond This Life (24)
23  Take the Time (17)
22  Surrounded (20)
21  Strange Deja Vu (18)
20  Voices (7)
19  Sacrificed Sons (63)
18  Constant Motion (86) (high ranker)
17  Only a Matter of Time (82)
16  The Count of Tuscany (10)
15  The Killing Hand (68)
14  Panic Attack (55)
13  Illumination Theory (25)
12  Breaking All Illusions (8)
11  Stream of Consciousness (39)
10  Fatal Tragedy (13)
9  Blind Faith (21)
8  In the Name of God (11)
7  Scarred (12)
6  Home (5)
5  Octavarium (4)
4  Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (9)
3  Metropolis - Part I: "The Miracle and the Sleeper" (2)
1  A Change of Seasons (3) (high ranker)

Most of my misses don't surprise me, but I'm honestly quite surprised that Along for the Ride and Untethered Angel couldn't make the top 100.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2238 on: February 09, 2024, 09:53:56 AM »
Metropolis is my #23

Still love the song, just love 22 others more. That intro is iconic, and to this day I still haven’t figured out exactly how to tap out the instrumental section on my steering wheel.

I remember being so proud of myself when I finally figured out how to count the fives and sevens section!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2239 on: February 09, 2024, 10:11:56 AM »
^
‘There’s a bass solo in this song where JM does a bass solo.’

You should think about using that for your signature  :lol :lol :lol :lol
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!