Author Topic: Spotify........convert me. v.I guess I'm converted.  (Read 7261 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Spotify........convert me.
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2023, 05:41:25 PM »
Classic Rewind on Sirius XM in the car...........but I still have my Bose Sound Wave 4 for my cds.

Nothing in this sentence makes any sense to me at all.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2023, 05:43:29 PM »
yes i know, nobody on planet earth respects the cd more than me.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2023, 05:52:57 PM »
So glad you are on board with Spotify Kade, welcome to 2012.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2023, 05:56:01 PM »
So glad you are on board with Spotify Kade, welcome to 2012.

Well, I haven't committed to Premium yet......I'll need the day to work up to this. 

Although it will be nice to finally be hip and up to date with the cool kids. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2023, 05:57:41 PM »
No one has ever had to get hip and up to date with ME before. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2023, 05:59:11 PM »
For shame dude :lol

Also, lucky you, you can now easily access my 8 hour, specially curated King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard playlist...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1FMmAVVl3bc58AVsrFksFj?si=dQnC3IaMSiWEXoH78FIbvA&pi=e-7qJe560hS-6u

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2023, 05:59:38 PM »
No one has ever had to get hip and up to date with ME before. :lol

Sounds like I'm in line for another badge then!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2023, 06:01:05 PM »

Also, luck you, you can now easily access my 8 hour, specially curated King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard playlist...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1FMmAVVl3bc58AVsrFksFj?si=dQnC3IaMSiWEXoH78FIbvA&pi=e-7qJe560hS-6u

By luck you, do you mean fuck you? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2023, 06:02:36 PM »

Also, luck you, you can now easily access my 8 hour, specially curated King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard playlist...

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2023, 06:42:50 PM »

Also, lucky you, you can now easily access my 8 hour, specially curated King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard playlist...

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2023, 12:17:53 AM »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2023, 02:41:47 AM »
I tried the free version in the car this arvo.  Where are all the ads?  Haven't been interrupted once.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2023, 02:42:59 AM »

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2023, 03:46:18 AM »

How many sales you made?

Well, I think the amount of threads King Gizzard are discussed in answers that for you. I'm ready to make my next sale when you're done listening to the playlist :tup

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2023, 03:52:04 AM »
Okay, I'll have a think about it.  I have a couple of other places to check out, but I'll be back.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2023, 03:58:29 AM »
Okay, I'll have a think about it.  I have a couple of other places to check out, but I'll be back.

You're on the free Spotify so I think you'll only be able to play the playlist on shuffle. If you do get the paid version, you need to come back to it as I've made it flow in the order its in. That's the perfect experience.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2023, 04:00:35 AM »

You're on the free Spotify so I think you'll only be able to play the playlist on shuffle. If you do get the paid version, you need to come back to it as I've made it flow in the order its in. That's the perfect experience.

Upselling aswell! 

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2023, 04:07:06 AM »

Offline WardySI

« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2023, 04:11:18 AM »
Still driving my early 90's ute with about 30 cassettes on board which were being swapped out with others here at home until the cassette deck stopped playing a little while back.

Hard to find someone who can fix/restore it so considering a replacement but therein lies the next problem, finding the right fit as it is the original that came with the car and fixed in place leaving limited options...

Probably be cheaper to buy a CD player at this point...  "Ohh hey there Marty, how's that 4x4 going?"

I know I know it's an 80's thing...

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2023, 04:14:24 AM »
Still driving my early 90's ute with about 30 cassettes on board which were being swapped out with others here at home until the cassette deck stopped playing a little while back.

Hard to find someone who can fix/restore it so considering a replacement but therein lies the next problem, finding the right fit as it is the original that came with the car and fixed in place leaving limited options...

Probably be cheaper to buy a CD player at this point...  "Ohh hey there Marty, how's that 4x4 going?"

You must have cried.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2023, 04:20:03 AM »
Quite possibly yes  :sad:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2023, 04:21:36 AM »
Damn.   :'(

I hope you can find a solution mate.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2023, 06:57:45 AM »

If it's a 90's car with a cassette player it's probably a single-din headunit. You could just replace it with one here: https://www.crutchfield.com/m_266150/Car-Stereos.html

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2023, 07:53:55 AM »
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2023, 09:11:50 AM »
I tried the free version in the car this arvo.  Where are all the ads?  Haven't been interrupted once.

In the free version of Spotify, you might hear ads popping up between songs. Not too frequently, it has happened to me when I try to skip many songs.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2023, 10:28:12 AM »

The free version of Spotify does let you listen to playlists in order. 

In the free version of Spotify, you might hear ads popping up between songs. Not too frequently, it has happened to me when I try to skip many songs.

When you start using the free version of Spotify it doesn't have many ads at first, but it starts ramping them up 'til you're getting about a 1:30 block of them every three songs or so. 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2023, 01:24:28 PM »

The free version of Spotify does let you listen to playlists in order. 

When you start using the free version of Spotify it doesn't have many ads at first, but it starts ramping them up 'til you're getting about a 1:30 block of them every three songs or so.

Oof.  Sneaky buggers.  Good info, thanks Josh.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2023, 02:36:39 PM »
i enjoy spotify   hef mentioning liking tunes there has helped me build my fav song list there as I had been lazy but I still buy cds and have zillions of cds   they sound the best in cars trucks etc
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2023, 03:51:44 PM »
I've also been recently wondering the best avenue to start selling a lot of my cd's.  So many I have I've never listened to or are from bands or artists that I have no idea why I would have them in the first place.  Seems a waste of time for the amount you get for them.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2023, 05:31:43 PM »
I mainly buy vinyl but I feel like discogs.com is hard to beat, check it out. You can see how much particular cd's sell for, plus they have their own marketplace.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2023, 07:28:53 PM »
I mainly buy vinyl but I feel like discogs.com is hard to beat, check it out. You can see how much particular cd's sell for, plus they have their own marketplace.

I hate to say it, but I agree with this as that site is highly addictive and both makes me feel guilty for not buying more at local record stores, and guilty for how much I spend. Even when I try and limit the price and only for domestic shipping. They just have so many items that I want, that I either will never see in any store, or will pay a lot more if I did buy it at 1 of my record stores.

My "Want List" is like 8+ pages long, and I get those emails almost every day, often hesistant to even open them.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2023, 07:52:21 PM »
Yea same :lol, I have so many albums want listed that I just ignore the emails. I do think it's a lot tougher to find hidden gems at record stores. There are a few shops I like to visit and they are almost exactly, or slightly more, than what's listed on discogs.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2023, 09:30:42 PM »
Sweet lads, I'll have a look. I'm even tempted to bundle like 50 at a time for a good price just to offload some perhaps.  I'll have a look and maybe do some sums with pricing and shipping.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2023, 02:47:54 PM »
Wolf, wouldn't it be much easier just to put a CD in the CD player in the car.
That will soon not be an option.  Already, most modern vehicles don't have CD players.

Subarus still come with cd players, thankfully.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2023, 02:58:49 PM »
When I walked around car dealerships for 2 days when I was buying a new car a few years ago the only car I saw with a cd player was a Nissan Rogue, which seemed like a lady car to me.  Trust me, I'm a true cd player guy for cars, but if you are buying a new car.............it's over for cds.