News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Re: jingle.boy's Roulette v5 - th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks!

Started by jingle.boy, November 18, 2023, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jingle.boy

Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on December 19, 2023, 10:30:38 PM
Didn't realize you were already a fan of Moon Safari. I had a song from their newest album queued up for the next round for you....Back to the drawing board  :P

Oh yeah... got in to them 6 years ago when they came over to do RoSFest.  That was the festival where King, Hef, Doc, Nick and I all hung out (and Hef King and I got the chance to have 'za and beers with Coz on the way there too!)
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

King Postwhore

LithoJazzoSphere

Dr. DTVT

Far left is Brandon.  I think his handle was 2Timer?  Left to right the rest - Cosmo, Hef, jingle, Lisa (king's wife) and king

Dr. DTVT

Also, Marco Minnemann was the drummer on that track.  Other than the keyboard player/song writer, the rest of Legacy Pilots are guest spots, kind of like an Alan Parson's Project album where you have different singers on different songs.

jingle.boy

Helluva good round, bitches.  Heading out for an early Christmas dinner with jingle.mom, so impressions later tonight or in the morning.

LithoJazzoSphere

So surely this has been explained in the past, but as far as I can remember I've never seen it, so what's the story behind your username?

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 20, 2023, 11:46:37 AM
Helluva good round, bitches.  Heading out for an early Christmas dinner with jingle.mom, so impressions later tonight or in the morning.

Say hi to her for me.  ;D

jingle.boy

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on December 20, 2023, 11:59:36 AM
So surely this has been explained in the past, but as far as I can remember I've never seen it, so what's the story behind your username?

From the 'Explain your username' thread - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=33629.0

Quote from: jingle.boy on August 16, 2012, 04:06:20 AM
I was registering for some website about 15 years ago, and every username I chose (no matter how seemingly obscure - oooohhhh...nugget!), I kept getting 'that username is taken'.  At the time, there was a commercial on TV around here with a family at a dinner table, and the daughter's boyfriend was dressed as a court jester.  It was clearly an awkward moment for the family (it was total silence), and when mom asked someone to pass the potato's, the jester started to, and she yelled out "not you jingle boy!".  My gf (now wife) loved that line, and used it over and over again.

That username was not taken, so it's kinda stuck in a lot of places I register at.

TAC

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 20, 2023, 11:46:37 AM

Love to hear your impressions of jingle.mom for sure.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

TAC

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 20, 2023, 12:04:10 PM

That username was not taken

There's probably some poor dude trying to register at DTF going I can't believe jingle.boy is taken!!!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on December 20, 2023, 12:06:18 PM

That username was not taken

There's probably some poor dude trying to register at DTF going I can't believe jingle.boy is taken!!!

:lol

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on December 20, 2023, 11:59:36 AM

From the 'Explain your username' thread - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=33629.0

Quote from: jingle.boy on August 16, 2012, 04:06:20 AM
I was registering for some website about 15 years ago, and every username I chose (no matter how seemingly obscure - oooohhhh...nugget!), I kept getting 'that username is taken'.  At the time, there was a commercial on TV around here with a family at a dinner table, and the daughter's boyfriend was dressed as a court jester.  It was clearly an awkward moment for the family (it was total silence), and when mom asked someone to pass the potato's, the jester started to, and she yelled out "not you jingle boy!".  My gf (now wife) loved that line, and used it over and over again.

That username was not taken, so it's kinda stuck in a lot of places I register at.

Ok, so I turned into Tim for a minute and forgot that Google and search exist, and had just already finished reading that and was going to link to it and ask if there was anything to add since then, but I do notice that it explains the phrase, but not the significance of the ".".  The versatility of it is fascinating, but where did it start?

jingle.boy

I think I put the period in there, as I'd assumed that spaces weren't allowed in usernames.

Impression of jingle.mom .... She likes her desserts!  Man was I stuffed.

jingle.boy

My current takes:

1. That is guitar crunchy and metal af.
2. Guitar almost as crunchy, but with better vocals.
3. I hope I warm up to the vocals, cuz the music is is tracking to an easy A.
4. Not the kind of music that I'd normally or proactively reach for, but what a beautiful performance.
5. This scratches a particular itch that I often have, and it does not bite.
6. It's about fucking time.  That's some boner-inducing riffage.
7. What a powerful voice, and amazing vocalist.  One of the best of the round.
8. I would've bet money this was Ted Leonard on the mic.
9. With that singer, you'd think I'd enjoy this more.
10. By far the most "prog" song of the round.

King Postwhore

Indiscipline

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

lonestar

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Stadler

jingle.boy

Indi and Ev yes; everyone else, no

1. That is guitar crunchy and metal af.
2. Guitar almost as crunchy, but with better vocals.
3. I hope I warm up to the vocals, cuz the music is is tracking to an easy A.
4. Evermind: Jesse Cook - Cancion Triste ... Not the kind of music that I'd normally or proactively reach for, but what a beautiful performance.
5. This scratches a particular itch that I often have, and it does not bite.
6. TAC: Mythika - Soulpaths ... It's about fucking time.  That's some boner-inducing riffage.
7. What a powerful voice, and amazing vocalist.  One of the best of the round.
8. I would've bet money this was Ted Leonard on the mic.
9. Indiscipline: Vandenberg - Skyfall With that singer, you'd think I'd enjoy this more.
10. King: Xerosync - Torn Asunder to Sand ... By far the most "prog" song of the round.

King Postwhore

jingle.boy

TAC

lonestar

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AM
I be am boner inducing.

I regret to inform you that you are not.

Your submission is though.

@ RJ... have a listen to the chorus in your track and make your final guess.

King Postwhore

lonestar

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 21, 2023, 06:13:28 AM
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AM
I be am boner inducing.

I regret to inform you that you are not.

Your submission is though.

@ RJ... have a listen to the chorus in your track and make your final guess.

Working, not in music mode. Not all of us have cushy desk jobs...  :P

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

Stadler

Evermind

One more day at work and I'll be able to hit the playlist (probably will tackle Round 3 too).

In defense of my song for this round, Chad said any genre goes, plus it was a good fit for hangman with the non-English title.

Off to DT section to read Kade's astonishing rant.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.