Author Topic: Re: jingle.boy's Roulette v5 - th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks!  (Read 43770 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: jingle.boy's Roulette of Anonymity and Unpredictability: Let the games begin!
« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2023, 08:05:51 AM »
Fourth time the charm, 2?

Second impressions:

1. A beautiful overall composition and sound, start to finish, every instrument, every voice
2. Evermind - Angtoria / Confide in Me: The way it starts makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, and then ….
3. Litho - Dave Bainbridge / Love Remains: That's a lot of musicianship to take in.  Is that a Damian Wilson fly-by?
4. Puppies - Days Before Tomorrow / Wasted Years Part II: Sleepwalking: Well lookie what you found ... my wheelhouse.
5. The album title is alarmingly accurate, and was a blatant hint of things to come.
6. Started good, but then turned into quite the plodder.  Musically, very strong none-the-less
7. Wolfking - Hollow Hour / The Canyon: It's like The Dear Hunter smashed with Dynazty
8. lonestar - Joseph Magazine / Night of the Red Sky That is a very rich guitar tone, and some prog chops from the rest of the band to go along with it.
9. Indiscipline - Michael Schenker Group / Lost Horizons: Bitchin as fuck.  So much emotion
10. You almost completely nailed the intention of what I want out of this roulette.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: jingle.boy's Roulette of Anonymity and Unpredictability: Let the games begin!
« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2023, 08:07:22 AM »
6!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2023, 08:11:07 AM »
6!

Alarmingly, no.  I thought my hint was blatant.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2023, 08:12:22 AM »
Second impressions:

1. A beautiful overall composition and sound, start to finish, every instrument, every voice
2. Evermind - Angtoria / Confide in Me: The way it starts makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, and then ….
3. Litho - Dave Bainbridge / Love Remains: That's a lot of musicianship to take in.  Is that a Damian Wilson fly-by?
4. Puppies - Days Before Tomorrow / Wasted Years Part II: Sleepwalking: Well lookie what you found ... my wheelhouse.
5. TAC - Ekphrasis / A Maze In Oneiroi II: The album title is alarmingly accurate, and was a blatant hint of things to come.
6. Started good, but then turned into quite the plodder.  Musically, very strong none-the-less
7. Wolfking - Hollow Hour / The Canyon: It's like The Dear Hunter smashed with Dynazty
8. lonestar - Joseph Magazine / Night of the Red Sky That is a very rich guitar tone, and some prog chops from the rest of the band to go along with it.
9. Indiscipline - Michael Schenker Group / Lost Horizons: Bitchin as fuck.  So much emotion
10. Stadler - Sweet / Fox on the Run: You almost completely nailed the intention of what I want out of this roulette.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:52:56 AM by jingle.boy »

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2023, 08:13:10 AM »
Weird Interbreeding? :lol

Oh, I misread that—I thought you meant "hint of things to come in this roulette".
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #356 on: November 29, 2023, 08:14:54 AM »
Weird Interbreeding? :lol

Oh, I misread that—I thought you meant "hint of things to come in this roulette".

No, hint of things to come in the song.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #357 on: November 29, 2023, 08:46:04 AM »
I think of the album name as "Desolation Boulevard".  :)

Fair point.  But then the album title would not be appropriate.  Clearly I didn't add the song to my playlist directly from the link you gave me - Spotify's first search hit was from a Best of compilation.

Well, I didn't know that!!! :) :) :)

10?  Or, 1?  ;)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: November 29, 2023, 08:53:54 AM »
I think of the album name as "Desolation Boulevard".  :)

Fair point.  But then the album title would not be appropriate.  Clearly I didn't add the song to my playlist directly from the link you gave me - Spotify's first search hit was from a Best of compilation.

Well, I didn't know that!!! :) :) :)

10?  Or, 1?  ;)

Likely the only 10 you'll get this Roulette.   :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #359 on: November 29, 2023, 08:55:45 AM »
I'll assume mine is 6
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2023, 08:57:39 AM »
I'll assume mine is 6

Then you've made and ass out of u and me.

Have even listened to your song??  C'mon... that's some beautiful stuff!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2023, 09:00:25 AM »
Second impressions - SOLVED!

1. King - Advent Horizon / How Did it Get So Good: A beautiful overall composition and sound, start to finish, every instrument, every voice
5. TAC - Ekphrasis / A Maze In Oneiroi II: The album title is alarmingly accurate, and was a blatant hint of things to come.
6. Dr. DTVT - Figure of Speechless / Tunnel at the End of the Light: Started good, but then turned into quite the plodder.  Musically, very strong none-the-less
10. Stadler - Sweet / Fox on the Run: You almost completely nailed the intention of what I want out of this roulette.

Listening shall continue for a few more days.  Maybe I'll get results fired up by Friday if Stadler will promise to submit before Monday  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2023, 09:09:58 AM »
I have every confidence that if you tell Stadler what the deadline is, he'll honor it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2023, 10:09:38 AM »
I'll assume mine is 6

Then you've made and ass out of u and me.

Have even listened to your song??  C'mon... that's some beautiful stuff!

You know why I said that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #364 on: November 29, 2023, 12:56:15 PM »
I have every confidence that if you tell Stadler what the deadline is, he'll honor it.

And I wouldn't let you down. Already sent.  ;P)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #365 on: November 29, 2023, 01:04:17 PM »
I'm confused.  The reason you did this roulette was to get songs like Fox on the Run?  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: November 29, 2023, 01:15:28 PM »
I'm confused.  The reason you did this roulette was to get songs like Fox on the Run?  :lol

Kinda... without stealing too much of the writeup, I didn't want to handcuff people from sending things that I might already know.  I wanted people to challenge themselves to A) send good music that was also B) an unexpected/uncommon/unlikely song, AND C) outside of their normal comfort zone for roulette submissions and .  Fox on the Run meets A, but didn't do so good in the B and C categories.  I mean, as soon as it was solved as Sweet, it took about 0.5 seconds to know it was Bill.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #367 on: November 29, 2023, 01:17:38 PM »
I think TAC has interpreted the intention to be to send the song with the most cryptic title.  :p

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: November 29, 2023, 01:23:50 PM »

Kinda... without stealing too much of the writeup, I didn't want to handcuff people from sending things that I might already know.  I wanted people to challenge themselves to A) send good music that was also B) an unexpected/uncommon/unlikely song, AND C) outside of their normal comfort zone for roulette submissions and .  Fox on the Run meets A, but didn't do so good in the B and C categories.  I mean, as soon as it was solved as Sweet, it took about 0.5 seconds to know it was Bill.

Still confused.  Bill nailed the intention of the roulette yet the song fails 2 out of the 3 categories.

So you're saying I should have sent Fox on the Run then?  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: November 29, 2023, 01:24:17 PM »

Still confused.  Bill nailed the intention of the roulette yet the song fails 2 out of the 3 categories.

Now you're getting it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #370 on: November 29, 2023, 01:34:16 PM »
I think TAC has interpreted the intention to be to send the song with the most cryptic title.  :p
Well that's it; I'm sending something that is impossible to spell, even if you know the song, and is a known favorite of someone else here.  The song blows, but who cares?  I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you, now don't be sad!  'Cause two out of three ain't bad!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #371 on: November 29, 2023, 01:39:14 PM »

I got B and C covered, but not A. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2023, 01:42:58 PM »

Now you're getting it.

I did send something out of my comfort zone though.  No growls anywhere in sight.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2023, 02:38:13 PM »
Everyone gets an A for effort.  Unfortunately, there is no scoring category for effort.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2023, 02:38:54 PM »
Well that's it; I'm sending something that is impossible to spell, even if you know the song, and is a known favorite of someone else here.  The song blows, but who cares?  I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you, now don't be sad!  'Cause two out of three ain't bad!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2023, 02:40:34 PM »

More like I want to like this song, I need to score this song, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love this song.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #376 on: November 29, 2023, 02:53:38 PM »
Technically I can just send stuff with all Japanese kanji characters and people would have to guess that, right?

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #377 on: November 29, 2023, 03:00:05 PM »
Technically I can just send stuff with all Japanese kanji characters and people would have to guess that, right?

This is a move right out of the Jingle playbook! It's gotta be acceptable :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #378 on: November 29, 2023, 03:00:18 PM »
If I get desperate I might take the Puppies strategy and just send songs with Swedish titles. 

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2023, 03:11:10 PM »
Let me get this straight ... are we anticipating an upcoming hangman featuring:

RJ typing in Kanji
Jazzo typing in Swedish
Ruslan typing in Cyrillic
Me typing in Latin

Joe typing in Joetype?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #380 on: November 29, 2023, 03:19:27 PM »
 :rollin

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #381 on: November 29, 2023, 03:37:04 PM »
I think Joe is going to be typing in more of his wife's clothing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #382 on: November 29, 2023, 03:47:00 PM »
Let me get this straight ... are we anticipating an upcoming hangman featuring:

RJ typing in Kanji
Jazzo typing in Swedish
Ruslan typing in Cyrillic
Me typing in Latin

Joe typing in Joetype?

And yet, none of you can speak it.

I WIN!! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #383 on: November 29, 2023, 03:58:27 PM »
And Indiscipline, it's Kinganese.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #384 on: November 29, 2023, 04:01:40 PM »
And Indiscipline, it's Kinganese.

Kingshmeglish