Author Topic: Re: jingle.boy's Roulette v5 - th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks!  (Read 44621 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: jingle.boy's Roulette of Anonymity and Unpredictability: Let the games begin!
« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2023, 03:08:13 PM »
Angtoria-Confide In Me-Litho?

Chad's going to like this song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: jingle.boy's Roulette of Anonymity and Unpredictability: Let the games begin!
« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2023, 03:09:51 PM »
Seeing as how scoring will be connected to hangman, I think it's only fair to put a pause on people guessing multiple letters - lest Tim get thru the entire alphabet before lonestar gets home from work.

From this point forward, one letter per day.

Edit .. one letter per person per day
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 06:56:45 PM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2023, 03:13:19 PM »
Angtoria might be Evermind.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2023, 03:15:31 PM »
Granddadler: Sweet - Fox on the Run
??: _a__ Ba__b_____ - _o__ ___a__s
??: Figure of Speechless - Tunnel at the End of the Light
Kingshmeggin: Advent Horizon - How Did it Get So Good
??: _os___ _a_a____ - ____t o_ t__ ___ S__
??: _____as_s - A _a__ __ O____o_ __
??: Days Before Tomorrow - Wasted Years Part II: Sleepwalking
Everbigbrain: Angtoria - Confide in Me
??: _o__o_ _o__ - T__ _a__o_
??: Michael Schenker Group - Lost Horizon

Guessed: ABOST

Participants:
Dr. DTVT
Evermind
Indiscipline
Kingshmegland
Litho
lonestar
Puppies
Stadler
TAC
wolfking
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 03:21:34 PM by jingle.boy »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2023, 03:17:03 PM »
Figure of Speechless - Tunnel at the End of the Light

Kade

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2023, 03:21:03 PM »

Bruce Dickinson side projects aren't banned?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2023, 03:26:10 PM »
Gotta head out for a few hours.  Play freely amongst yourselves.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2023, 03:26:33 PM »

Smooth move. You sent it!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #253 on: November 27, 2023, 03:29:05 PM »
Seeing as how scoring will be connected to hangman, I think it's only fair to put a pause on people guessing multiple letters - lest Tim get thru the entire alphabet before lonestar gets home from work.

Wait, what?  So how the f- did I get guessed that quick?  Sweet isn't THAT obvious; it's not like it was Asia for god's sake. ;) :) :)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2023, 03:30:35 PM »
After being outed so early Ruslan is going to move to the US for the rest of the roulette. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2023, 03:31:49 PM »
After being outed so early Ruslan is going to move to the US for the rest of the roulette.

:lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2023, 03:33:58 PM »
There is a band that fits perfectly into one of the slots, but they have no songs that fit, nor would they be a great idea to send to Chad. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2023, 03:35:00 PM »

Wait, what?  So how the f- did I get guessed that quick?  Sweet isn't THAT obvious; it's not like it was Asia for god's sake. ;) :) :)

Sweet was the first thing I thought of, but I was like...Nah... and skipped right by it.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2023, 03:37:33 PM »
There is a band that fits perfectly into one of the slots, but they have no songs that fit, nor would they be a great idea to send to Chad.

Boston Horns?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2023, 03:50:03 PM »

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2023, 03:52:47 PM »

Guess a letter fool. We're all shut off!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2023, 03:56:03 PM »
No. I'm not to spite you. Suck it, Trebek.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2023, 03:57:34 PM »

Guess a letter fool. We're all shut off!

With Chad out for the next few hours we're all stuck until Ruslan brings out his supercomputers to assign the rest of us our guessing placements in the most punishing order. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2023, 04:21:55 PM »
If that's really Stadler he either really doesn't care about this part of the roulette, or someone is impersonating him.   :lol

Not Stadler; Not TAC.

Kade? :neverusethis:

You know I don't steal other peoples bands mate.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2023, 04:30:01 PM »
It sucks that this is tied to scoring.  I got work during most days, and vacation coming up.  I don’t have time for this hangman stuff.  I just want to beat all your asses by sending awesome stuff.

And I was going to send Advent Horizon next round, you goof.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2023, 04:42:07 PM »
On the positive side, I know next to nothing about your tastes, so I might not be able to guess your entries.  ;)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2023, 04:45:05 PM »
It sucks that this is tied to scoring.  I got work during most days, and vacation coming up.  I don’t have time for this hangman stuff.  I just want to beat all your asses by sending awesome stuff.

I've been making cookie dough for two hours, and then have to commute an hour home. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2023, 04:48:05 PM »

Love you too, Mason.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2023, 06:54:34 PM »
To clarify, only Mason, Josh, and Tim are blocked from guessing letters (and Rich, I suppose).  EVERYONE can guess a letter per day.  I just didn't want any one or two people to rhyme off like 8 letters and solve the hangman while they were the only two people that happened to be online when the hangman was posted - which, I'm going to try and do at different times of the day throughout the next 7 rounds.  For fairness.

Have at it the rest of ya!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2023, 06:59:45 PM »
Well, Joe's being a pouty bitch. ;D

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2023, 07:08:12 PM »
To clarify, only Mason, Josh, and Tim are blocked from guessing letters (and Rich, I suppose).  EVERYONE can guess a letter per day.  I just didn't want any one or two people to rhyme off like 8 letters and solve the hangman while they were the only two people that happened to be online when the hangman was posted - which, I'm going to try and do at different times of the day throughout the next 7 rounds.  For fairness.

Fuck that...I'm not giving Ruslan any more letters to figure shit out....

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2023, 07:08:26 PM »
Any K's?

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2023, 07:09:15 PM »

:rollin

I checked the thread regularly yesterday. Chad posted the hangman 15 minutes after I went to sleep. :lol

I'll try and guess something on my commute.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2023, 07:09:42 PM »

Explain this to me!?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: November 27, 2023, 07:11:06 PM »

The Hangman points are assigned not by players actually guessing, but awarded to the player who's submissions are "hardest" to guess, and "hardest" to match to the player.  Unpredictability is solving the song/band; Anonymity is solving the participant who submitted the song.

In this case, the player who submitted Days Before Tomorrow / Wasted Years Part II: Sleepwalking will only get 0.5 point for Unpredictability because their song was guessed first.  Conversely, Stadler gets 1.5 Unpredictability points for his song being guessed third, and 0.5 Anonymity point for being first matched to his submission.  Hopefully this will all be much clearer at the end of the hangman.  I'll put the order of things being solved in parenthesis to keep track of things.

Fuck that...I'm not giving Ruslan any more letters to figure shit out....

You should've tried before he woke up.  The monster is lurking now!   :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2023, 07:13:12 PM »

Explain this to me!?

The singer sounds like Bruce Dickinson.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: November 27, 2023, 07:15:32 PM »
Granddadler (0.5): Sweet - Fox on the Run (1.5)
??: _a__ Ba__b_____ - _o__ ___a__s
??: Figure of Speechless - Tunnel at the End of the Light (3)
Kingshmeggin (1): Advent Horizon - How Did it Get So Good (2)
??: _os___ _a_a____ - ____t o_ t__ ___ Sk_
??: _k___as_s - A _a__ __ O____o_ __
??: Days Before Tomorrow - Wasted Years Part II: Sleepwalking (0.5)
Everbigbrain (1.5): Angtoria - Confide in Me (2.5)
??: _o__o_ _o__ - T__ _a__o_
??: Michael Schenker Group - Lost Horizon (1)

Guessed: ABOSTK

Participants:
Dr. DTVT
Evermind
Indiscipline
Kingshmegland
Litho
lonestar
Puppies
Stadler
TAC
wolfking

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: November 27, 2023, 07:15:45 PM »

Explain this to me!?

The singer sounds like Bruce Dickinson.

Ah....roger that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2023, 07:21:34 PM »
Joseph Magazine-Night Of The Red Sky

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #279 on: November 27, 2023, 07:24:17 PM »
Joseph Magazine-Night Of The Red Sky

Lonestar!