Author Topic: Re: jingle.boy's Roulette v5 - th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks!  (Read 36940 times)

Offline Lethean

I wanted to play but I seriously didn't think I would have enough stuff to send. Sure, I could've experimented with stuff you're not usually into but I figured this wasn't that type of roulette :azn:
This was me - I took the warning seriously and also the premise.  There's stuff that wasn't banned that people would be able to guess was me sending it, and doesn't seem to be what jingle likes.  Stuff I thought about sending that might not be guessed and that might have a better chance was already played on last.fm. Maybe if I had a little more time to think about it I'd find stuff, but I was traveling for a bit and yesterday was the only time I had to look into it. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Crossposting from the Top 50 band countdown thread :lol

By the way Chad, can we try and guess the participants at the same time as we guess the hangman?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Playlist? Bout to drive to the parents house...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2vXlfE18I0N7XtAD1rgny1?si=8c64e69a103d4738

By the way Chad, can we try and guess the participants at the same time as we guess the hangman?

Hang tight if you don't mind, I'd like the songs to still be anonymous to me for a few more listens.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son

:corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Playlist? Bout to drive to the parents house...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2vXlfE18I0N7XtAD1rgny1?si=8c64e69a103d4738

Hang tight if you don't mind, I'd like the songs to still be anonymous to me for a few more listens.

I think he might have been talking about the normal rounds, perhaps. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I meant the question for Round 1 and onwards, Litho is correct. Or are we to send our songs for all rounds to Tim for anonymity? (that might not work in our favor as Tim also participates in this roulette and will then solve the hangman in no time :biggrin: )

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I meant the question for Round 1 and onwards, Litho is correct. Or are we to send our songs for all rounds to Tim for anonymity? (that might not work in our favor as Tim also participates in this roulette and will then solve the hangman in no time :biggrin: )
In fairness that's the only way anyone can solve it faster than you. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
In fairness that's the only way anyone can solve it faster than you. :P

During the Roulette, songs will come to me directly.  I had toyed around the idea of waiting to guess who submitted songs until the entire Hangman was solved, but than that could/would pose some complications whereby someone could potentially match multiple participants to their submission, and then pick the order of who is revealed (and thus how many bonus points they get).

So, we'll play Hangman the same as any other roulette - matching songs with the participant can happen at anytime.  All the more reason to go deep and obscure.

Not deep in obscure.  :lol

:obscure:

:corn

What's exciting is that I'm not 100% sure which 6 submitted!  Only a few people confirmed they sent or did not.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I just want to say, The Beatles are amazing and they belong in here, 100%.  My mom bought me the Red and Blue compilations when John Lennon died, and they've been special to me ever since.

;)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
*applause emoticon*

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I just want to say, The Beatles are amazing and they belong in here, 100%.  My mom bought me the Red and Blue compilations when John Lennon died, and they've been special to me ever since.

;)

Run your own roulette!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
I should have results by Saturday, btw.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
I should have results by Saturday, btw.

;D

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
I have read the thread and would like to have access to the forum.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Controversial opinions only!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Poor Jingle, but this is why I love this forum so much. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

To quote Hef when I asked to be added the the political forum, "Oh Hell No!"  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Gifpressions??

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Nvm
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Nvm

Let me guess... did it start with "Is mine ..."  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think it started with "Let's fucking go!!!!" ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Oh boy, I think I have mine narrowed down to 2 of those gifpressions. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Seems a few people took my warning of 'sit this one out' quite seriously, and/or the format was too convoluted.  Was hoping to get a few more, but this will work.

One of the reasons I haven't participated in any roulettes for a while is because I felt I was getting too predictable with my submissions, and the whole point of this roulette is to be unpredictable, so it didn't seem like a good fit. :lol Plus I might have struggled to fill a completely open roulette with appropriate submissions for you anyway.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I can vouch for the format being convoluted! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Nvm

Let me guess... did it start with "Is mine ..."  :lol
Get out of my head man lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I can vouch for the format being convoluted! ;D

The convoluted part is for me!  All the participants have to do is send tunes that are outside your normal kind of submissions.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
We getting an answer tonight, Chad? I ranked these songs in one listen.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 06:55:01 PM by TAC »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Seems a few people took my warning of 'sit this one out' quite seriously, and/or the format was too convoluted.  Was hoping to get a few more, but this will work.

One of the reasons I haven't participated in any roulettes for a while is because I felt I was getting too predictable with my submissions, and the whole point of this roulette is to be unpredictable, so it didn't seem like a good fit. :lol Plus I might have struggled to fill a completely open roulette with appropriate submissions for you anyway.

The irony is that those of us trying to get in have to prove in a single song that we understand jingle enough to participate, but then due to the format probably can't send anything else similar.   :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I think people are overthinking this one.  If anything, it's a roultte that really means the taste of the host could really be thrown out of the window.  I mean, I have no idea which way I'm going to play it but it's kinda wide open.  At first when Chad mentioned it, I was like, 'lol, WTF is this,' but the more I thought about it, I can send anything and in a way hedge my bets.

You can take a route of sending something he'd like, score well but fall over in the predictability column or just go fuck it, send something completely unknown and out of the box, maybe get some scores in that predictability column but then snag some points if by chance he likes it too.  There's a few ways to play it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The irony is that those of us trying to get in have to prove in a single song that we understand jingle enough to participate, but then due to the format probably can't send anything else similar.   :lol

See my post, but I guess the other way is gun for a 10 in the 'Chad loves it' column and hope it's somewhat unknown to others that it would be you.

Saying that, definitely harder for you guys trying to qualify.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Well, we only have to be unpredictable to each other. We can be totally predictable to Chad.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

I think people are overthinking this one.  If anything, it's a roultte that really means the taste of the host could really be thrown out of the window.  I mean, I have no idea which way I'm going to play it but it's kinda wide open.  At first when Chad mentioned it, I was like, 'lol, WTF is this,' but the more I thought about it, I can send anything and in a way hedge my bets.

You can take a route of sending something he'd like, score well but fall over in the predictability column or just go fuck it, send something completely unknown and out of the box, maybe get some scores in that predictability column but then snag some points if by chance he likes it too.  There's a few ways to play it.

Yeah, there's a fine razor's edge of balance between the different scoring criteria, with merit to focusing on certain components more than others, and all kinds of potential for chicanery.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Well, we only have to be unpredictable to each other. We can be totally predictable to Chad.

Good point mate.  Well worth mentioning.

My issue is my tastes have greatly gone away from Chad's over time.  There is nothing I sent you in your roulette for example that I would send to him.  :lol

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: jingle.boy's invitational Roulette of Anonymity and Unpredictability
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2023, 07:09:00 PM »
He can post it..

WELL HE CAN FUCKING UNPOST IT!

For all you Lebowski fans out there

I wonder if those gif order corresponds to the list order on the previous page