Author Topic: DTF 2024 Release Date Calendar  (Read 11446 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF 2024 Release Date Calendar
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2024, 01:46:35 PM »
I was kinda thinking the same.  I appreciate Ministro has insights to lots of upcoming music, but getting a list of a few dozen/hundred a month is going to be overkill.  In the last 2 dumps of his, there are 2 bands that caught my eye of interest, and if there's any more posts like that, I suspect that I (and others) will find the list to overwhelming and burdensome to be useful.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online The Letter M

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2024, 12:36:33 AM »
I was kinda thinking the same.  I appreciate Ministro has insights to lots of upcoming music, but getting a list of a few dozen/hundred a month is going to be overkill.  In the last 2 dumps of his, there are 2 bands that caught my eye of interest, and if there's any more posts like that, I suspect that I (and others) will find the list to overwhelming and burdensome to be useful.

Agreed. I think if a band has never had a discussion thread anywhere on this forum, chances are there aren't any fans of them on this forum. Using the search function for them might be helpful in deciding if a band is worth mentioning in this album release thread, that is, if there aren't ANY results by other forum members (presumably talking about said artists), then I doubt anyone here is going to be checking this thread for them.

Personally speaking I like looking at the OP to see if any bands I like/know have had their release dates updated or just to remind myself when something is coming out. It's just good to have that info pinned at the top rather than searching for said artist's dedicated thread on this forum to find that specific discussion.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2024, 12:35:24 PM »
My intention in sharing upcoming album releases on the calendar thread is to contribute to the music discovery experience. I've discovered and grown to appreciate numerous bands through the "What are you listening to" thread, many of which were unfamiliar to me before. If my contributions are perceived as less valuable due to unfamiliarity with the bands I post and the lenght of my post, I may reconsider participating in this thread.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :\

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM »
I guess for the "I believe it when I hold it in my hands" category, but All That Remains is expected to release new stuff this year (or so it seems based on some comments).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2024, 02:43:32 PM »
May
3: Matt Page - Apocalypse Garden

Frontman from Dream the Electric Sleep debut solo album (sound wise, per the description below, it's not supposed to be too much like DTES though, more Prog-Pop).
1st single coming Friday 1/19/24

https://www.instagram.com/p/C17GTRLOVrP/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 02:50:37 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2024, 06:33:43 AM »
January
19: Green Day - Saviours.

Might not be the most DT released release, but I’m looking forward to it.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2024, 07:54:28 AM »
January
19: Green Day - Saviours.

Might not be the most DT released release, but I’m looking forward to it.

I love punk and I love Green Day, but good lord their last album was bad. I'll be checking it out, it's gotta be better than that.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2024, 02:07:00 AM »
February 23rd: Blaze Bayley - Circle of stone

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2024, 06:34:27 AM »
My intention in sharing upcoming album releases on the calendar thread is to contribute to the music discovery experience. I've discovered and grown to appreciate numerous bands through the "What are you listening to" thread, many of which were unfamiliar to me before. If my contributions are perceived as less valuable due to unfamiliarity with the bands I post and the lenght of my post, I may reconsider participating in this thread.

I don't think that they're any less valuable, but it's overwhelming.  Too much of a good thing is still too much.  Look at what you dropped for January - you've listed what .... 150 albums or so?  How many of those bands have *you* even heard of?  And are you going to explore each and every one of those?

I won't speak for anyone else, but my us of the list/thread is to periodically check to see if there's any pending releases I wasn't aware of.  But in a list of albums that large, (again, speaking for myself) I'm likely to skip it because it's simply too much 'noise' to sift thru.

Respectfully, it's tantamount to joining a conversation amongst a bunch of people, and shouting over top of everyone.  Just tone it down a little, and join the conversation - don't dominate it or take it over.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2024, 07:20:02 AM »
Yeah...I used to be on the receiving end of promos, and half of the stuff I used to receive was borderline unlistenable and barely made it past the first track before being deleted without a review.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2024, 07:34:45 AM »
Likely
Happy the Man (new single coming 1/15/24)
Leprous
Nightwish
The Velvet Teen
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 09:34:55 AM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2024, 01:05:27 PM »
Omg how did I not add this...

January 17- Nemophila - Evolve

I apologize to my Japanese metal goddesses for this oversight.  :hefdaddy

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2024, 01:29:48 PM »

I don't think that they're any less valuable, but it's overwhelming.  Too much of a good thing is still too much.  Look at what you dropped for January - you've listed what .... 150 albums or so?  How many of those bands have *you* even heard of?  And are you going to explore each and every one of those?

I won't speak for anyone else, but my us of the list/thread is to periodically check to see if there's any pending releases I wasn't aware of.  But in a list of albums that large, (again, speaking for myself) I'm likely to skip it because it's simply too much 'noise' to sift thru.

Respectfully, it's tantamount to joining a conversation amongst a bunch of people, and shouting over top of everyone.  Just tone it down a little, and join the conversation - don't dominate it or take it over.

It's OK, I requested yesterday my contribution to be deleted.

In response to your question, I make it a point to give a listen to all the promo albums that come my way. Admittedly, not every one of them resonates with my taste, and just like lonestar, many find their way to the digital trash bin on my computer.

However, my approach has led me to stumble upon some real musical gems, according to my humble opinion. Artists like Borknagar, LEAH, Engulf, Yellowcard, and Fit for a King, to name a few from my recent discoveries, might have slipped through the cracks had I not taken the time to explore beyond my comfort zone. It's through this process that I've uncovered music that brings me immense joy and satisfaction.

Naturally, I don't expect anyone to adopt my approach, so I'll be signing off from this thread.

Now, moving on...

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2024, 01:58:00 PM »
Dude, this was why the FRIDAY RELEASES thread was created. For those of us who devour a shit ton of new releases, but don't want to clog up this thread, we post the new releases we're interested on each Friday release day.

Come post those albums on their release date, in that thread. You'll reach the crowd who are looking to explore something new each Friday, without spamming this one.

Edit: I just realised you were the one who created that thread :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2024, 06:27:55 AM »
Dude, this was why the FRIDAY RELEASES thread was created. For those of us who devour a shit ton of new releases, but don't want to clog up this thread, we post the new releases we're interested on each Friday release day.

Come post those albums on their release date, in that thread. You'll reach the crowd who are looking to explore something new each Friday, without spamming this one.

Edit: I just realised you were the one who created that thread :lol

That's a great point Luke.  Drop all of those in there week by week, and that ought to satisfy everyone.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2024, 08:50:27 PM »
February
12: Béla Fleck - Rhapsody In Blue

https://www.belafleck.com/about

Pre-orders will ship to arrive on February 12, 2024. Pre-order products are excluded from sales/promotions.

Béla Fleck Rhapsody in Blue CD in gold foil wallet with poster insert.

The latest project from banjo great Béla Fleck expands and explores George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue by paying homage to the legendary composer while redefining an American classic—just in time for its centennial.  Available February 12, a hundred years to the day Gershwin premiered the work at Aeolian Hall in New York City, Fleck’s Rhapsody in Blue album includes three variations:  “Rhapsody in Blue(grass),” “Rhapsody in Blue(s),” and the classic orchestration, but with banjo featured instead of piano, performed by the Virginia Symphony Orchestra and conducted by Eric Jacobson.  The set also features Gershwin’s “Rialto Ripples” and “Unidentified Piece for Banjo,” an unrecorded and unreleased gem discovered at the Library of Congress.

Track Listing

Rhapsody in Blue(grass)
Unidentified Piece for Banjo
Rhapsody in Blue (featuring Eric Jacobson & the Virginia Symphony Orchestra)
Rhapsody in Blue(s) (feat. Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Victor Wooten)
Rialto Ripples

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2024, 07:18:22 PM »
Confirmed Title
Last Chance to Reason - Level 4

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2024, 06:25:12 AM »
February
2: Vennart - Forgiveness & The Grain

"Fractal"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UsHraqzZ54

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2024, 04:21:03 AM »
May
3: Matt Page - Apocalypse Garden

Frontman from Dream the Electric Sleep debut solo album (sound wise, per the description below, it's not supposed to be too much like DTES though, more Prog-Pop).
1st single coming Friday 1/19/24

https://www.instagram.com/p/C17GTRLOVrP/

This should be interesting. DTES last album was amazing, probably my favorite from last year.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2024, 04:22:43 PM »
January
19: Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Is It the Clouds?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2024, 07:34:51 AM »
Under the "likely" category... The Ferrymen.  FB post today indicated they are writing together atm.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2024, 10:46:27 AM »
April 12: Mark Knopfler - One Deep River  :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2024, 12:09:01 PM »
April 26: Justice - HYPERDRAMA
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2024, 01:03:24 AM »
May 3: Frank Turner - Undefeated

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2024, 01:21:50 AM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 01:48:46 PM by SwedishGoose »

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2024, 09:43:01 AM »
Likely
A-Z

https://www.facebook.com/metalbladerecords/posts/pfbid0i1fzVoiZkG2sfN7zJjZvX38VNDQos1akjFBKrXDU3yCFNRVqJGBG8y1JMvwaXnvZl

The second A-Z record is nearing completion and one of the final pieces needed is YOUR VOICE. That's right, we want YOU, the fans, to literally be a part of this release! We're looking for you to record part of a group style chant and send it to the band for mixing into one of their new tracks!
First step, listen to the sample HERE: https://soundcloud.com/mark-zonder/a-z-chant-1
Once you've checked it out - grab a mic and record yourself singing the same line!
Just click on the “more” icon to download the file and email the file to azchant1@gmail.com no later than February 5, 2024. That's it! We'll handle the rest from there.
Have fun and rock out! 🤘🏼

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2024, 01:50:01 PM »
Sorry.... I made an error on the Soeterboek Lucassen album.... it's o the 17th of May....

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2024, 10:18:12 PM »
April 26: Justice - HYPERDRAMA
I'm moderately HYPED for this

Offline obro

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2024, 08:26:48 AM »
June 14th:

Black Country Communion - V  :coolio
First single Stay Free seems to come out March 1st

https://bluesrockreview.com/2024/01/release-date-for-fifth-black-country-communion-album-revealed.html

Online The Letter M

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2024, 01:21:12 PM »
April
26: Transatlantic - The Absolute Whirlwind (title tentative, Neal wasn't exactly sure what it was called but I'm sure that's what it'll be called - this is the Morsefest 2022 release)

-Marc.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2024, 09:44:53 PM »
I'm going to defend Ministrio here - I like looking at the release date OP and seeing what I might have missed if I hear about a band after the fact.  People post stuff like Sheryl Crow on this thread and the only reason she should be on a prog forum is to show that Kevin Gilbert was the best thing to happen to her musically.  The Friday release thread was meant for discussion and it is a useful thread as well, but having a place to look up just album releases without having to skim through posts is just as helpful, to the point I even asked the people in that thread to post some of them in this thread.  I see the point of it being "overkill", and maybe keeping it limited to signed bands would be a good thing if he hasn't already.

Let's update this one:

March
8: Myrath - Karma (source: their website)

Also, that Blind Ego album was released in 2020.  long past due

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2024, 08:07:17 AM »
March
8: Sonata Arctica - Clear Cold

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2024, 04:52:17 PM »
Allegaeon just posted they're in the studio, so add them to the probable list  :metal

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2024, 03:10:03 PM »
May

17: Ayreon - 01011001 Live Beneath the Waves