Author Topic: Enslaved Discography and Listening Party: Vikingligr veldi  (Read 4938 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Enslaved Discography and Listening Party: Vikingligr veldi
« on: November 09, 2023, 12:27:32 AM »

Alright guys, here it is. The long awaited Enslaved Discography and Listening Party thread!

In this thread I will be covering everything related to Enslaved. That means, all albums, demos, EPs, live releases, splits, side projects, and career paths of current and former band members. I will be including links to relevant albums and songs being discussed, as well as pictures and liner notes (this is going to be tough for some releases). My history with this band goes back more than 20 years now and my listening experience goes back almost 18 years. I am extremely familiar with all their albums. I will try to give as much history about each album as possible, as well as my thoughts. The plan is to give 1 to 2 weeks between updates to give people time to listen to and digest and discuss each of the albums.

Anyways, without further ado…

To give a little background on my experience with Enslaved, I first heard of the band back in 2001 or 2002 on the Bethesda games forums of all places. In the off topic section someone had created a “Metal Thread” where people could talk about metal music of all kinds. I remember one person in particular that posted in the thread regularly was a diehard Enslaved fan (we’ll call him Mr. Enslaved Fangirl) and he said they were the most amazing band he’s ever seen live and raved about their musical prowess. Knowing nothing about them I looked into them and found out they were Black Metal. At the time I was still in High School and hadn’t really started branching out into new music and this was pre-Dream Theater discovery for me. So, knowing they were Black Metal I just immediately wrote them off, especially since I thought (at the time) that all Black Metal bands were all about Satan worship and I’m not cool with that. This was also prior to me getting into harsh vocals.

Fast forward a couple years to 2004. I had been steadily branching out in my music discovery. Dream Theater had quickly become my second favorite band and I was getting into stuff like Fates Warning, Metallica, Type O Negative, and dozens of other bands. Then Mr. Enslaved Fangirl posted a link on the forums to Enslaved’s first music video, for the song Isa, taken from the newly released album of the same name. Once again, out of curiosity I decided to check it out. I read through the lyrics and realized they weren’t about Satanism and figured I’d give it a listen. I hated it. I thought the vocals were stupid, I didn’t see the so-called “talent” Mr. Enslaved Fangirl raved about, I just didn’t get it. So I again put them out of my mind.

Fast forward to 2006. I had started getting into bands with harsh vocals for the past year thanks to some co-workers. Bands like Opeth, Agalloch, Gojira, Between the Buried and Me, God Forbid, Darkest Hour, All Shall Perish, etc etc. Anyway, I was in a record store one day looking for some new bands to sink my teeth into and I came across that Enslaved album Isa again. Thinking back on the previous couple years on the Bethesda forums, I remembered Mr. Enslaved Fangirl raving about Neogenesis being an epic prog metal masterpiece. So I thought to myself, you know what, I’ll give it another try and boy did it click with me. That dude on the forums was right! I quickly gobbled up all available Enslaved albums over the next several months and they quickly rocketed up to top 5 band status. Ever since they have been a day 1 purchase when they release a new album. I consider them to be one of the most consistently good bands out there, in any genre. They don’t have a bad album, in my opinion.

I find that I go through spurts where I listen to tons of Enslaved. I will typically do a full discography listen about once or twice a year (same as with Rush), and I always seem to find new little nuances that I never noticed before. Plus I find a lot of the riffs they use are super catchy earworms. Good for banging your head along with the song. They also have a really cool atmosphere on all their albums, mind you it’s different from album to album and era to era, but we’ll get to that more later on. For now, let’s get everyone signed up for class, because the first lesson begins in the morning.

Keep an eye on this post as it will eventually be filled with links to various things as the discussion progresses.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 01:04:47 AM by King Puppies and the Acid Guppies »
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
Re: Enslaved Discography and Listening Party: Enslaved Pre-History
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 12:28:10 AM »
Saved for possible future info
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 12:53:45 AM »
I've been meaning to do a deep dive of this band's discography, so I might try to follow along. :corn

Offline Lethean

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 12:57:28 AM »
I haven't read the OP in full yet because I really should go to bed even though I'm procrastinating, but I'll try to follow along on this.  I just saw Enslaved for the first time (and second time) last weekend doing two different albums.  I'd like some more clean vocals and I don't know that listening to the albums is going to be my favorite thing, but I think I'll at least like some of it. Live, it was cool.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 05:54:09 AM »
OK, I've really been looking forward to this (I feel it's been a few years in the making?) so thanks for running it Puppies.

It's really interesting to hear your history with the band, as I love sharing that sort of thing myself. I reckon that my story somewhat mirrors yours, in some ways. I definitely didn't hear of the band in 2001 (although you hearing about them via a Bethesda forum sounds fitting. What a band to play Elder Scrolls to!), but I reckon between the period of 2004-2006, when I was exploring more extreme metal, and it's many subgenres, would've been the first time I'd heard the name Enslaved. I've never really been into black metal, and even now I really like the progressive/gaze/dissonant/post/symphonic subgenres of black metal more than the straight up version. When I first heard of them I too would've written them off. I can't actually remember when I first heard the band to be honest (which is unusual, as that sort of thing normally sticks),  but it may have been in the mid to late 00s.

However, it was good old DTF that brought me round to the band. I remember in early 2015 was when I really started exploring all the great bands DTF would regularly post about, and this was around the time In Times came out. That was my first Enslaved album experience, and is still a top 5 album for me. Once I realised they had progressed on from their black metal roots I started to really enjoy their albums. For a good long while I'd only listened to albums from Isa onwards, but the last three years or so, I started to work backwards. I'll talk about my favourites as we get to them, as there are a few, but I'm hoping for a greater appreciation of others as well.

As you said Puppies, Enslaved are super consistent and haven't really released a bad album. I appreciate their early albums, even if I don't listen to them that often. I find it fascinating to listen to a band who have progressed their sound on, and I like listening for glimpses of that in their early work. It's like Ulver, but to less of an extreme as they haven't changed their sound quite as drastically.

In regard to side projects, I'm aware of some of Ivar's side projects but I don't think I need of Grutle's (if he has any?). I'll be really looking forward to listening along with you and will try and recruit (pressure) as many as I can to follow this thread!

Obviously, as a Listening Session fanatic and champion, I'm looking forward to listening sessions. How are you planning to approach these? Are we doing them via Deepcut.fm? Listening to these albums in real time, with as many as we can get on board sounds epic and I'm pumped for it.

Looking forward to more info and the first post proper dude. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 06:06:58 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 07:04:56 AM »
Interesting, I started listening to them not that long after Puppies, but obviously far less in volume since then.  I think I'd been increasingly hearing the name for a few years, but finally checked out Ruun the year it came out, since '06 was really the first year that I had the desire to check out a lot of new music from the year, before then it had been on smaller scales.  I'm not even sure what I made of it at the time, but I just know it didn't stick.  Over the years I would keep hearing them described as "the black metal Opeth", and given that Opeth is arguably my second favorite band, it did pique my interest. 

To be honest, for awhile I unfairly lumped them in as "Banger-core", for Sam Dunn's Youtube channel.  It kind of annoyed me that he and his crew didn't even seem to know of the existence of a lot of my favorite bands, and constantly talked about the same bands all the time, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Gojira, and Enslaved being some of the most prominent.  Nevertheless, that's not their fault, I've listened to probably half a dozen of their albums in the past, and after Puppies sending "The Roots of the Mountain" in my roulette, they are starting to grow on me, so I'm looking forward to this. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 04:49:30 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline billboy73

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 09:13:31 AM »
Nice! I am pumped for this one.

I didn't really get into Enslaved until RIITIIR, but I had known of them well before that.  One of my metal friends was super into a lot of black metal, and I really wasn't at that point.  Emperor was the only band I really liked, and it was mainly the more progressive stuff like IX Equilibrium and Prometheus.  I remember listening to Frost and Eld with him, but nothing really clicked.  Years later, when I realized they had become more proggy, I checked out the newest record at the time (RIITIIR), and was totally into it.  Now I have physical copies of most of their albums.  I also enjoy a bit more black metal now too, so I enjoy the earlier albums as well.  It will definitely be fun going through their discography with y'all. I'm along for the ride.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 11:12:42 AM »
That's awesome to read everyone's history with the band so far. :metal

As far as the listening party part goes. I mostly meant for people to listen to each of the demos/albums/eps/etc as they are posted and give feedback and discussion. However I definitely would like to get people together in Deep-Cut.fm and listen together and discuss in real-time. I'm not sure how feasible that will be with everyone spread out all over the world. Maybe y'all can let me know what times work best and we can arrange that. Would be fun. :metal

First update coming within the next hour! :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 11:29:28 AM »
Yea, it'd end up being me, you and Litho :lol

I'd love to do it if we could though. Between 4pm-7pm EST would be best for me personally. But I'd be happy to try and make another time if I had enough notice.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 12:22:07 PM »
Alrighty, feel free to discuss more of y'alls personal history with the band, but now we move on to the band's pre-history.

Enslaved was formed in 1991 in a town called Haugesund in Norway. It was originally founded by Ivar Bjørnson (Guitars, Backing Vocals, Keyboards), Grutle Kjellson (Lead Vocals, Bass, Mouth Harp), and Trym Torson (Drums).

(Ivar Bjørnson)
Ivar had grown up listening to a lot of Pink Floyd and other prog rock bands and often cites Pink Floyd as his favorite band and the biggest influence on his songwriting. He also cites bands like Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Tangerine Dream, Rush, and Celtic Frost as big influences. His dad was also a big influence and they bonded over music when Ivar was younger and was a major supporter of his musical endeavors early on, even acting as a sort of band manager for Enslaved in the early years and driving the band's bus, until he died.

(Grutle Kjellson)
Grutle grew up as more of a metal head with his influences leaning more towards stuff like Metallica, Venom, Led Zeppelin, Mercyful Fate, and Slayer. Him, along with Ivar, have been the only two constant band members.

(Trym Torson)
Trym on the other hand was much more influenced by Jazz growing up and was obsessed with trying to play the fastest blast beats and double bass possible. He would eventually go on to play in another highly influential Black Metal band, but we’ll get to that in due time.

(Band photo of Phobia)

Prior to Enslaved’s formation, in early 1990 Ivar was in a Death Metal band called Obnoxious and Grutle was in a band called Phobia, along with drummer Hein Frode Hansen, who would go on to form Gothic/Doom band Theater of Tragedy, and a few other kids they knew from the local metal scene. Both bands would rehearse at a local slaughterhouse converted to a youth center called Slaekten Studio. The place was equipped with multiple rehearsal spaces, studios, and performance spaces. Many young bands in the area used the place to record demos. When Phobia was looking for a guitarist, they heard Ivar playing with his band in the next room at Slaekten. Impressed by what he heard, Grutle asked Ivar if he wanted to join Phobia. At the time Ivar was just 12 years old and Grutle was 16. Ivar decided to join and the band recorded 2 demos in March and June 1991 respectively, “The Last Settlement of Ragnarok” and “Feverish Convulsions” at Slaekten. The original demos are extremely hard to find these days, but they were re-released in a compilation that is available on Bandcamp.

(Band photo of Phobia [L-R: Hein Frode Hansen, Ivar Bjørnson, Grutle Kjellson, Kai Abrahamsen])

It was shortly after the second demo when after having a conversation with Demonaz from Immortal, who had also started around the same time as Phobia in that area, they decided to scale the band back to a 3 piece and switch over to Black Metal. Hein Frode Hansen left the band at this time to move to the United States, so Ivar brought in his friend that he played with in Obnoxious, Trym Torson, to play drums. They then rebranded as Enslaved, taking the name from the lyrics of a demo song by the band Immortal called Enslaved in Rot (fun fact, Immortal also recorded their first demo at the same converted slaughterhouse, Slaekten).

(This is the oldest band photo I could find of the original lineup, probably taken 1992 or 1993)

Stay tuned for more!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 01:03:39 PM »
WTF is a mouth harp??

And Kai Abtahamsen dresses like a muppet.

I'll be listening along I think.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 03:32:56 PM »
Baby Ivar! It's just mindblowing to think he started his Enslaved journey at 12 fucking years old. He's a literal child in these photos.

This is a really interesting part of their history and career, and I learnt so much about this period in the Heimvegen documentary they put out on youtube 2 or 3 years ago. It mainly focuses on the early part of their career and talks a lot about Slaekten House. Unfortunately, it's been taken off youtube, and I can't find where you can stream it now. If I can find it I'll link it, as it's well worth a watch, but maybe once we get past the 90s part in this thread, as I don't want to spoil anything you're writing up Puppers.

In preparation for this thread, I just went and downloaded some of the earlier albums and chucked them on my ipod, as I only went as far back as Monumension (although I've listened to all the early albums on Spotify at least 2 or 3 times) up until now.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 04:44:11 PM »
One band I've always heard about and not really heard much from at all if anything.  Might try and follow along.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 05:57:44 PM »
A few random observations so far:

*That picture of them as Phobia in front of the giant cross is fascinating.  It reminds me of the iconic one that Entombed posed in front of in Skogskyrkogården, near Stockholm, that Katatonia and other bands would also do photoshoots featuring. 

*Which ties into how in my mid-late teens I started discovering via power metal and then melodic death metal that there was this whole scene of fantastic European underground music that it seemed hardly anyone in the US knew about, at least not the people in my circles.  I gravitated towards the Scandinavian and Nordic bands especially, particularly focusing on Sweden.  There were lots of great Norwegian ones as well, though I didn't tend to seek them as often.  Various people sending more artists from there in my roulette has made me realize that I've been neglecting them though, so this thread will be a great head start on rectifying that.

*Lethean sending Ivar Bjornsson & Einar Selvik in my roulette is another point of interest, realizing that Ivar collaborates on more than just extreme metal or prog rock. 

*I think I'd forgotten about the Theatre of Tragedy connection.  I like a lot of their music and they're important in developing facets of a lot of the death/doom and gothic metal that I like. 

*The Immortal connection is one I probably didn't realize either.  They were the first black metal band I listened to, with Sons of Northern Darkness being the first album in that style that I heard and liked. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 07:53:20 PM »
WTF is a mouth harp??
Here's a link to what a mouth harp is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew%27s_harp

And Kai Abtahamsen dresses like a muppet.
Well, it was the early '90s...

Baby Ivar! It's just mindblowing to think he started his Enslaved journey at 12 fucking years old. He's a literal child in these photos.

This is a really interesting part of their history and career, and I learnt so much about this period in the Heimvegen documentary they put out on youtube 2 or 3 years ago. It mainly focuses on the early part of their career and talks a lot about Slaekten House. Unfortunately, it's been taken off youtube, and I can't find where you can stream it now. If I can find it I'll link it, as it's well worth a watch, but maybe once we get past the 90s part in this thread, as I don't want to spoil anything you're writing up Puppers.
Yeah, I went looking for that documentary after you had mentioned it, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

One band I've always heard about and not really heard much from at all if anything.  Might try and follow along.
Considering the other kinds of Black Metal bands you like, I think you will find a lot to love here. Hopefully.

*That picture of them as Phobia in front of the giant cross is fascinating.  It reminds me of the iconic one that Entombed posed in front of in Skogskyrkogården, near Stockholm, that Katatonia and other bands would also do photoshoots featuring. 
Yeah, I've seen that Katatonia picture and thought it looked very similar.

*Lethean sending Ivar Bjornsson & Einar Selvik in my roulette is another point of interest, realizing that Ivar collaborates on more than just extreme metal or prog rock. 
Ivar has done a lot of different things and judging by his influences it makes a lot of sense.

*I think I'd forgotten about the Theatre of Tragedy connection.  I like a lot of their music and they're important in developing facets of a lot of the death/doom and gothic metal that I like. 

*The Immortal connection is one I probably didn't realize either.  They were the first black metal band I listened to, with Sons of Northern Darkness being the first album in that style that I heard and liked. 
That area around Haugesund and then a little ways north in Bergen and to the east in Oslo was a massive melting pot for the whole Second Wave of Black Metal. Enslaved and Immortal were kind of the catalyst for a lot of bands that would follow.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2023, 12:34:26 AM »
For those following, I'd like to do a listening party for the Phobia demos on Deep-cut.fm on either Friday (tomorrow for me) at 7pm EST or Sunday at 5pm EST

Let me know which day works for everyone.

Link for the room here - https://deep-cut.fm/652b54b5270237001d4c857e

If you don't already have an account, you will need one to be able to chat in the listening room.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2023, 12:43:06 AM »
For those following, I'd like to do a listening party for the Phobia demos on Deep-cut.fm on either Friday (tomorrow for me) at 7pm EST or Sunday at 5pm EST

If you don't already have an account, you will need one to be able to chat in the listening room.

I am definitely down for this, I've never heard those Phobia demos. I can do either, or both, but Sunday I'd be around longer as that would be 10pm for me.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2023, 02:52:55 AM »

Yeah, I went looking for that documentary after you had mentioned it, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

That area around Haugesund and then a little ways north in Bergen and to the east in Oslo was a massive melting pot for the whole Second Wave of Black Metal. Enslaved and Immortal were kind of the catalyst for a lot of bands that would follow.

Just to address these two points. This is a link to some info on the documentary...

https://www.nuclearblast.com/eu/band/news/enslaved-12-part-documentary-series-7071989

It has the YouTube links to the first few episodes, but it appears the videos have now been set to private. I'm not sure if the band are planning a proper release of the documentary but I definitely want to watch it again now

The documentary talks a lot about that early scene in Norway, around Bergen. It really was just a small group of extreme metal kids who managed to form these legendary bands and alter the course of black metal. In 2023 it's crazy to think how the scene was there, without the Internet and what have you. Just tape trading, fanzines and a small community with everyone knowing everyone.

Online nick_z

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2023, 06:28:39 AM »
Good stuff Puppies, glad you are doing this...I'll be following and commenting as much as I can...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2023, 06:55:16 AM »

I am definitely down for this, I've never heard those Phobia demos. I can do either, or both, but Sunday I'd be around longer as that would be 10pm for me.

How long are the Phobia demos? I should be able to catch one of the sessions, but probably can't commit to either, if that makes any sense.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline billboy73

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2023, 07:30:22 AM »
Early 90's Swedish and Norwegian band pics are the best.  It would have been awesome to be growing up in those scenes back in the day, until it got out of hand.  Obviously some of the extreme views and actions from some of the bands/members really caused issues, but it is still a fascinating history to read.  I have read the Lords of Chaos book at least 3 or 4 times in my life. Some of those guys are pretty far out there.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2023, 08:36:39 AM »

How long are the Phobia demos? I should be able to catch one of the sessions, but probably can't commit to either, if that makes any sense.
I believe both demos together are about 30-40 minutes of music, if I remember correctly.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2023, 08:42:47 AM »
Early 90's Swedish and Norwegian band pics are the best.  It would have been awesome to be growing up in those scenes back in the day, until it got out of hand.  Obviously some of the extreme views and actions from some of the bands/members really caused issues, but it is still a fascinating history to read.  I have read the Lords of Chaos book at least 3 or 4 times in my life. Some of those guys are pretty far out there.
Indeed and I'll be talking a bit more about this subject in the next update, but the band members of Enslaved and Immortal were never part of the more crazy stuff that happened. Enslaved even consciously distanced themselves from that stuff.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2023, 09:41:37 AM »
I'll try to make one of the sessions, but my schedule is a bit unpredictable, so I can't say for sure.  I just listened to the Feverish Convulsions demo, and I didn't realize they started out as more of a death-doom band.  It's not terribly far off from other bands of that type at the time.  The production is awful though.  This is where you get the guys saying "dude, the demos were sooo much better!", and I know we're not going to be aligned.  The keyboard parts especially sound intriguing, but it's just unlistenable sound quality-wise for me. 

I noticed that there's the Slaughterhouse Tapes compilation, which has three of the same songs, and is on Bandcamp, though it only lets you listen to one of them, and the quality is still shit.  I guess they never tried rerecording these?  Shame.  I don't know how you're going to have a listening party for the other tracks on that one though, since they aren't on Youtube for deepcut.fm to pick up. 

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2023, 09:42:53 AM »
Indeed and I'll be talking a bit more about this subject in the next update, but the band members of Enslaved and Immortal were never part of the more crazy stuff that happened. Enslaved even consciously distanced themselves from that stuff.
Yea, I'm pretty sure Enslaved saw all that church burning shit and were just like "you wanna cosplay as vikings and homoerotic dungeon masters?".

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2023, 09:43:35 AM »
I should be able to make one or part of both sessions. I'm just not sure this morning.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2023, 09:46:14 AM »

Does these boys look like they gonna light up the house of god?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2023, 09:49:21 AM »

Yeah, I'll be probably be doing an unreasonably high number of Swedish scene comparisons, but that's just how I roll.  One of my favorite music books is Daniel Ekeroth's Swedish Death Metal, and it talks about how small the Stockholm scene was, really just a few dozen people being central figures, and I imagine it's a similar situation in other places for those early years in extreme metal. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2023, 09:50:12 AM »

The Nimp, the Gimp, and the Pimp.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2023, 09:51:06 AM »

Which you dressing as next Halloween?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2023, 01:17:13 PM »

Which you dressing as next Halloween?
:lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2023, 02:04:49 PM »
So my day just totally hit the fan at work. I'm still hoping to do the listening party today though. I'll let you know if anything changes.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2023, 02:14:44 PM »

I've never done these listening rooms before and obviously for me timings probably don't work but are all the albums run through this format or more through the thread?  Just might determine if and how involved I can be.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2023, 06:57:36 PM »
Sorry guys, all hell broke loose at work today. So we will do the listening session on Sunday.

I've never done these listening rooms before and obviously for me timings probably don't work but are all the albums run through this format or more through the thread?  Just might determine if and how involved I can be.
The Deep-Cut.fm stuff was just a fun idea for those that wanted to listen together at the same time and chat about it while listening. I'm still going to be posting links to where you can listen to the music, where possible. These first 2 Phobia demos are really hard to find and only the 2nd one is available on Youtube.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2023, 03:54:50 AM »
Ah, gotcha.  Might start listening once we get into the real stuff.