Author Topic: Meeting your heroes…  (Read 2183 times)

Offline TheRich13

Meeting your heroes…
« on: November 03, 2023, 08:58:39 PM »
Quite sure everyone knows what they always say about “meeting your heroes” ….Well, I’m posting this because I saw a very upsetting video earlier today ..First, let me say , I am a long time (53 years) fan of the Miami Dolphins . Visited family in Florida as a child and they gave me a Dolphins football and a jersey. I have followed them ever since . Today I saw a video of my hero Quarterback,… Dan Marino, outside the stadium in Buffalo, where he approached about a half dozen people wanting an autograph. He walks up and says “ Nah , I’m not gonna do all this , I’ll just sign for the little kid and then he walked away …Now I understand being famous, having people in your face all the time gets to be too much, but on the other hand another few quick signatures and these people have a lifelong great memory ! It really hurt me to see this as I cheered and cried plenty watching Dan play all those years.
Now , on a positive note , another hero of mine , Mr. Mike Portnoy, has been the coolest , friendliest, kindest , approachable, most accommodating person you could ever meet ! From the first time I met him in 98, he signed a dollar bill for me when he and Marlene were sitting 2 rows in front of me at a Billy Joel concert. Meeting Mike, so many other times since , he will ALWAYS sign something , chat a bit , take a pic, no matter how exhausted, or the situation…Happy to say, in this case , it was an honor to meet this hero of mine, and I remember every time I have, and always will !!! Thank you Mike !
Welcome back to DT, MP ! You’re the BEST !
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 11:59:25 PM by TheRich13 »
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Meeting your heroes…
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 09:38:04 PM »
Hmmm... heroes I've met...

Stephen Hawking... he stayed at my hotel when doing a lecture at Berkeley, and ate at my restaurant. I had a chance to thank him for his inspiration, I had seen him lecture 20 years earlier. Obviously he didn't say anything, but I did have a nice chat with his assistants.

Peter Nichols and Mike Holmes... just about the nicest and most gracious guys one could imagine, even as I gushed on about how much IQ's music meant to me.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 09:43:20 PM »
This demonstrates quite well that the line between Keanu Reeves and Neil Peart really isn't that wide.  You're either going to engage your fans or you're not, and everything in between is simply a matter or degrees. In this case he seems to have actually sought out a kiddo to sign an autograph--way to go. From that point it's merely a matter of how rigidly he adheres to his standards. Honestly, this seems to me to be a moonshot grand slam.

It's really an interesting thing. I admire Keanu a great deal for how much he's willing to put out there for his fans. I also admire the Professor for how strident his was with the barriers he set.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 06:39:23 AM »
"I just feel like, you have to have a perception change when your life shifts into the gear of everyone knows who you are.  You have to focus on thinking about it in the perspective of, I'm going to go shopping right now, it's not going to take the amount of time it used to take before people knew who I was.  It's going to take double, and I'm cool with that because this is what I wanted, and I am one of the lucky people who actually got what they wanted in life. It's a good thing, you know, you can't look at it as an inconvenience or else you'll feel inconvenienced nonstop." -Taylor Swift, 2010

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 07:05:50 AM »
Queen Elizabeth II said she was told "you might not remember every person you meet, but everyone you met will remember meeting you and what you told to them". I guess that goes for any celebrity.

Also, let's remember they're all humans and they might have bad days or bad moments like everyone else. MP is indeed known for being very nice to fans, and luckily he got recently good news for his dog after an an health scare - imagine if the news were not so good and someone tried to talk to him, he would maybe walk away saying "meh, MP is no longer the fan friendly musician he used to be, he was all grumpy and annoyed" while in reality he was worried for his dog.

Anyone can have a bad day, even Keanu Reeves.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online HOF

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 09:16:14 PM »
What did Keanu do?

I have often thought what I would do if by some crazy circumstance I came to be in the same room with an artist I admire. I’ve always thought that at most, I might ask to shake their hand and thank them for their music. But I possibly wouldn’t even do that. It would probably be enough to say I saw them up close in the wild.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 11:19:02 PM »
What did Keanu do?
At this point he's pretty much universally regarded as the nicest guy in Hollywood. When it comes to being gracious to the fans, and pretty much all the rest of humanity, he's The Man. Stories abound.

I have often thought what I would do if by some crazy circumstance I came to be in the same room with an artist I admire. I’ve always thought that at most, I might ask to shake their hand and thank them for their music. But I possibly wouldn’t even do that. It would probably be enough to say I saw them up close in the wild.
This is me. When I've met people with some notoriety I only ask for a handshake and tell them that I enjoy what they do. Not only is it all that I want, but it seems to knock them out of their routine for a more genuine response.

Thanks. Autograph *click*
Hey, thanks. I appreciate that. Glad you enjoyed the show.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 08:08:19 AM »
So, I have two sides to this coin.

I've met Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley each twice.   The first time I met Gene was with the whole band, at Cutler's Records in New Haven, before the Lick It Up show; I had never even seen them before, let alone met them.  I snuck in (one of my finest hours, if truth be told) and was behind three girls of indeterminate age and not-so-modest clothing.  Gene was first, and he was gracious, and signed whatever they offered (I couldn't see if it was anything fun), but they knew Paul, so they started talking to him.  Which left me in front of my hero.  I had the Lick It Up album, Killers, and the booklets from the two live records with me.  He stood there and talked through the booklets.  "I remember that picture; we tried to take it during the show and it didn't come out right, so we staged this the next day before sound check!" He was amazing.  Paul and Eric were too (Vinnie was a dick).   The second time I met Paul was at one of his painting exhibits, and my then-wife, my daughter and I got about five minutes with him. He got down on one knee and talked to my daughter like she was a real person, asking her about her earrings and shit (she was five, maybe?).  She didn't know him from Adam, just as the "Beth guy from Kiss" (yes, I know that was Peter; that's the point) which I used to sing to her at night, and someone who her daddy really liked.   To this day, she's a Kiss fan, and when we finally saw them together live, she posted in Instagram "Greatest night of my life!"

Contrast that with meeting Fish.  He was on the 13th Star tour, was bleeding money, and was meeting people in local Irish Bars to avoid paying the merch fees.  The bar in Philly was four blocks from my house, so we went.  We had gone to a street fair in the morning and my kid had her face painted up; we got up to Fish and I said something along the lines of "remind you of the early days?" and pointed to her makeup and he said something like "Look, I don't have time to make small talk, I've got to get through this line."   Fair enough, though on the forum, there was some talk about how he went back to another bar a couple doors down from the venue and had a couple before the show, so there's that.  I later understood that period to be a very, very dark time for him, and I don't hold it against him but my daughter still calls him the "mean guy".    (Funny coincidence, she's actually in Edinborough as I write this, and I suggested she go to East Lothian, Haddington, and look up the "mean guy".  She remembered, 15 years later).

Me, I'm sort of in the El Barto camp; I got to meet Gary Barden - my favorite MSG singer - outside the gig in NYC on the Fest tour, and he actually came out of his bus and had a cigarette with me (I didn't smoke, he did) and we just shot the shit for 10 minutes about nothing at all. It was funny, because he was signing stuff for others while talking to me - no, it wasn't me not taking the hint; he kept asking me questions about Philly, their next stop - and at the end, he actually insisted on the picture (it was part of the conversation, more or less).  Those guys - Chris Glen, Ted McKenna, too - were all a hoot. The band was holding court on sidewalk and it was fun.  I don't think Barden wanted to be in the middle of things, which is why I was sort of his excuse.   Fine with me.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 10:06:22 AM »
I don't really have much to add in terms of meeting heroes.  I mean, once I met RJ in person for the first time, I just feel like I have to count that as the pinnacle, and I feel like I shouldn't even try to compare other experiences because it wouldn't be fair.  Was thinking about that last night as I was smoking some salmon and found myself involuntarily talking to myself about making sure I got that DAP on it. 

Stadler's stories above made me think about the Sons of Apollo tour when they played here, and how Derek behaved.  It was just weird.  Got there hours before the show, and he was eating lunch (or late dinner) at the place across the street.  He was at a table by himself, but was in plain view of the venue and the area outside the venue.  Made eye contact a couple of times, and he would immediately and intentionally look away and hunch over in a way that clearly conveyed that he didn't want to be seen or approached.  And I respected that and left him alone.  But I also thought it was really odd behavior since he was sitting there in plain sight a few hours before his show right across the street from the venue.  Later, he was walking across the street to the side entrance of the venue, and had his songlasses on and head down, obviously trying not be be recognized, and some fans spotted him and approached, and he very abruptly brushed them off, sidestepped, and got to the stage door as quickly as he could.  Then during the show, he was visibly disengaged and even looked upset at various times throughout the show, layed into his tech publicly during the show, and looked like he just wanted to be anywhere else.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, people have bad days.  Who knows what might have been going on in his personal life that may have impacted his mood, and if there was something serious, it sucks that he couldn't just bow out and deal with that.  But "the show must go on," so he was stuck.  I get that if it was something like that.  Or even if it just wasn't his day and he was just in a bad mood one day for no particular reason.  It happens to us all.  But I heard a number of similar stories from that tour.  And putting that together with a lot of his public comments during that time period, I just can't even nearly give him the kind of respect I would give to lots of others I have met, or those that act like what Stadler described above.  IMO, if you want the public adoration that comes with being onstage, you also need to come to grips with the fact that you have a responsibility to the public as well, and part of that is giving your fans who are spending their hard-earned money to give you your lifestyle the time of day and make them feel appreciated when they meet you, whether the meetup is scripted or impromptu.  Props to those that "get it." 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 10:30:29 AM »
I've met several celebrities/famous people over the years, and I've been lucky enough never to have a bad experience with any of them.

The best encounter was with Jordan Rudess.  He was awesome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 10:32:10 AM »
Bosk1 :hearts:

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 09:19:35 PM »
I've met several celebrities/famous people over the years, and I've been lucky enough never to have a bad experience with any of them.

Yes ! Absolutely!! Jordan is super friendly and approachable…
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 04:51:59 AM »

Yes ! Absolutely!! Jordan is super friendly and approachable…

I went to a meet and greet with the band in 2017 (hence the "17" in my username). They were all super nice and friendly (though JM really doesn't talk very much irl). The last one of them that I had the pleasure of speaking to was James, and honestly I had to mentally rehearse what I was going to say to him so that I wouldn't have a meltdown on the spot, lol. He seemed tired, but aside from that was very sweet and personable and I really couldn't have asked for a better encounter.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 08:08:59 AM »
I've had the chance to engage many people I admire but as I am super private I can never bring myself to bother them. This is outside of an arranged meet and greet or signing.

I really only have 2 instances that I can remember actually having met people I admire.

Harlan Ellison is one of my absolute favorite writers. Back when I was in night school I discovered he was doing a show at a nearby community college. I instantly bought tickets. I made sure to bring a book for him to sign. Saw the show which was just a speaking thing that went on for hours. The man is electric. Afterwards he did a signing for anyone that had anything. When I got to him he reached out his hand and we shook hands. He commented on the firmness of my handshake and told me I have the hands of a bricklayer. This was over 20 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I also ordered many of his books directly from him and in many cases he personalized the books without me even asking. I just expected to get books in the mail and instead I get them with notes from the man himself in them.

The other was the MST3K crew when they toured as Cinematic Titanic. They did a meet and greet and signing after a show I attended. I wanted to say something to Joel but when I got to him I locked up. The show meant so much to me and got me through some tough times I guess I got starstruck. He was first in line and I sort of blew it with the rest of them. I couldn't come up with anything to say. This is why I mainly avoid interactions with people I admire. I fear my shyness will ruin it and as someone who cherishes their privacy, I can only imagine what these people go through.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 08:30:31 AM »
I've met a few musicians and they were generally cool to me, usually during a record signing event:

Slayer - I was a teenager, didn't know what to say.  Tom Araya asked me if I was going to see them that night and seemed bummed that I wasn't. 

Megadeth - Dave Mustaine really impressed me.  I was so star struck and mumbled something to him.  He started pressing me on what I was saying, which only made me more star struck.  "Oh no, I pissed off Dave and he's going to make fun of me," which he had a tendency to do with fans that made him mad.   My brother was behind me and mentioned that I'm star struck - Dave reached out, shook my hand and said "well, let's not leave this on bad terms, right?"  I was mortified and embarassed, but looking back on it, he took five seconds to be kind and made me love him for it.  I'm a loyal Megadeth/Mustaine fan for life because of that experience.

Iced Earth and Nevermore - another cool experience with these guys.  The two bands were touring together in 1999.  We were all too young to get into the bar, since it was a 21+ show.  The bands signed everything we had, posed for pictures, and were cool to chat with.  Warrel Dane was drunk and wanted to sneak us into the bar.  I wish we had taken him up on that.  Matt Barlow from Iced Earth was kind and mentioned that #52 was "his" number when he signed my copy of a cd that was numbered 52 out of 500.  Jon Schaffer was amazing, dropped his guitar cases on the ground, signed everything, put his arm around me for a picture and chatted.  When he learned we couldn't even go in to buy t-shirts, he sent his merch guy out into to the parking lot to sell us shirts. 

I've also met a few athletes - Richard Dent from the '85 Bears at a restaurant.  We let his family finish their meal, he signed a couple of autographs and talked to us.  Saw Pete Rose signing things in Vegas and waved.  Rusty Wallace from Nascar - the signing had a one-item limit and when security tried to stop my brother from having a second item signed, Rusty shut them down and waved him over to have the second thing sign, saying that it was OK.

So overall, my experiences have been positive, but I always understand that people can have bad days and to remember that these people are human too.  I don't think they should be dicks about it, but being honest and telling fans "hey, I'm sorry I can't sign - I'm running late, or even saying "hey, I'm not feeling too good, maybe another time" would be better than a cold shoulder.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 08:51:17 AM »
Jon Schaffer was amazing, dropped his guitar cases on the ground, signed everything, put his arm around me for a picture and chatted. 

Let's see this pic!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Grappler

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 09:06:00 AM »
Jon Schaffer was amazing, dropped his guitar cases on the ground, signed everything, put his arm around me for a picture and chatted. 

Let's see this pic!!!

Me, a couple weeks shy of my 19th birthday, posing with a future felon and the first person to plead guilty in the January 6 insurrection.  :lol

In all fairness, this was before he went Q-Anon crazy and was then known to be very cool with fans.  His ego hadn't yet taken over as it did later on in his career.  I loved meeting him back then. 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 09:11:02 AM by Grappler »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 09:35:41 AM »
Awesome pic, Grapp!!!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Grappler

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 10:14:00 AM »
I have one with Barlow too.  After January 6th though, my wife hates when I bring him up.  I framed an autograph of his that I found, which came with his kickstarter book that I bought and she didn't want another of his autographs hanging up in the basement. 

So I brought it to my desk at work and printed out one of his J6 FBI photos to put with it as a conversation piece.   :rollin

Honestly, that actually fits this thread - he's my favorite musician and rather than being disgusted by meeting him in person, I felt so icky after that day and knowing of his involvement.  I was a realist and knew that whatever anyone believes (right or wrong), his career was going to take a big hit.  My favorite band broke up because of his actions and it took me 10 months to want to listen to any of that music again.  I can laugh about it now and separate that stuff from loving his music, but at the same time I can only shake my head at what could have been.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2023, 11:42:18 AM »
Count me in among those having a photo with Jon Schaffer and Matt Barlow. There were a lot of fans after the show so the encounter was not that personal but they've all been kind.

As I said once, the photo with Jon Schaffer is the only photo I have with a terrorist  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2023, 03:01:19 PM »
Haha.... not me, but a friend went to a sports card show and after met two other friends in the bar.  Bob Lilly - legendary Dallas Cowboy defensive lineman - one of the athletes, walked in as well.  They talked for a good 45 minutes and he even said "damn, I'd rather go to dinner with you but I'm committed to dinner with the promoter and the other athletes (Steve Carlton - legendary and someone else I don't remember)". 

So he embellished the signature he had already put on a football for my friend who was a die-hard Cowboys fan and basically told stories about the 70s Cowboys for a while.  About half an hour later, Carlton walked in and says hi.  My friend pulled out a ball and gave it to one of the two other friends - who was a life-long Phillies fan, but who didn't go in to the show - and said "there's Steve Carlton".   He goes up and says "I didn't get into the show, but you're a hero" blah, blah, blah... and "Carlton goes "Ahhhhh, I just signed like a 100 balls, ahhh...." and Lilly says "Carlton, sign the fucking ball." 

He signed the ball (and actually turned out to be a decent guy, even though he has a reputation for being prickly.)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2023, 03:07:18 PM »
I was in a strip club in Montreal as an 18 year old,  at a stall taking a leak when Bobby Smith & Guy Carbonneauwent to the stalls to my left and my right.

I started talking to them while we all pissed. It was a hilarious conversation in a hilarious moment.

I'll never forget it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2023, 03:10:39 PM »
Carbonneauwent is a focking legend.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2023, 06:23:20 PM »
 :lol :lol

I’m just hoping king didn’t turn each way to shake hands…
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2023, 10:48:00 PM »
It is not my intention to rip on this thread at all, but something was nagging at me as I kept coming back to this thread before it dawned on me I have never really had any desire to meet anyone famous.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2023, 02:27:15 AM »
I don't have any heroes. Not since I was about 21, anyway (Hetfield* and Chris DeGarmo), which is now a pretty long time ago.

Besides, I've met one or two famous-ish people and worked with a few** and they're just people - one of them's just gotten a lifetime achievement award out of the industry and he's literally the only person who's made me raise my voice at work because he was being so bloody difficult in a meeting - and I don't much like meeting new people anyway so the fact that I know them and they don't know me just adds a layer of weirdness to any interaction I might have with them... I'm just not interested.

The most amusing (to me) almost meeting I've had with someone famous was eyeballing Jimmy Carr outside a railway station in a busy city. I have a pretty stern looking resting face so when I briefly locked eyes with him, as I was trying to work out if he was actually Jimmy Carr or someone who just looks a lot like him, it's fair to say he looked a tiny bit worried! I suppose being tall enough to loom over him somewhat might've contributed to his cautious look... or maybe he just thought I work for the Inland Revenue :police:

* Still love his attack on a guitar but let's just say the more I found out about him the less there was to like.
** The games themselves are a lot better known than the people making them but there's a few self-promoting types in the industry happy to take the credit for games made by teams of people and I've worked with a few of those.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2023, 04:19:14 AM »
Carbonneauwent is a focking legend.

Oops!   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2023, 09:45:31 AM »
I took a leak at Toad's Place in New Haven with Ian Mosley to my left and Mark Kelly to my right.  I didn't say a word, and just kept my head down, as is appropriate for urinal etiquette.  ;) :) :):):)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2023, 09:56:28 AM »
I took a leak at Toad's Place in New Haven with Ian Mosley to my left and Mark Kelly to my right.  I didn't say a word, and just kept my head down, as is appropriate for urinal etiquette.  ;) :) :):):)

Totally missed opportunity to start humming Incubus.... "nursing an erection...a misplaced reaction..."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2023, 02:25:36 PM »

Who are those guys??

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2023, 02:34:44 PM »
I've met a lot of famous musicians and athletes, along with a few actors. It really depends on the timing of the encounter, and how you approach them, not to mention what they have going on.

I've had a few shake me off, and I try not to take it personally. Most have been gracious. Those that weren't, fame, I'm sure, comes with a lot of downsides. Again, I just try to roll with it, and wish them well when that has happened.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2023, 02:42:53 PM »

Who are those guys??

On my left, Marillion drummer, and on my right, Marillion keyboard player. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2023, 02:44:40 PM »

Who are those guys??

On my left, Marillion drummer, and on my right, Marillion keyboard player.

Gotcha.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2023, 08:09:10 PM »
Marillion is so bad even their band members take piss breaks during their sets. :biggrin:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2023, 08:13:16 PM »
Marillion is so bad even their band members take piss breaks during their sets. :biggrin:

:rollin :rollin