Author Topic: Completely hypothetical storyline idea for Metropolis pt. 3?  (Read 770 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Completely hypothetical storyline idea for Metropolis pt. 3?
« on: November 02, 2023, 08:32:22 AM »
Let me preface this by saying -- I don't think that Dream Theater will ever do Metropolis Pt. 3. But as I was driving into work today, listening to Pt. 2 - SFAM, I started thinking about the storyline and where, if the band decided to do it, could go with it. It doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be an entire record. Hell, a 10-15 minute "afterword" would be more what I think would be in the realm of realism (if that).

But if they DID do it, where do you see the storyline going, and why?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
Re: Completely hypothetical storyline idea for Metropolis pt. 3?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 09:07:01 AM »
I think that if it were to happen, this time it would be set in the future as opposite to the past. Maybe in a dystopian society where, instead of the tension coming from the family ties between the Miracle and the Sleeper, and their love for the same person, it could come from a difference in the character's caste. Maybe one is a commoner and the other from royalty. You could still get the family tensions by perhaps extending the cast of characters to also give the world more depth. Then at the end, instead of having the main character die, they somehow manage to escape death, while the Miracle is caught, but ultimately forgiven thus ending the cycle.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 09:09:59 AM »
Let me preface this by saying -- I don't think that Dream Theater will ever do Metropolis Pt. 3. But as I was driving into work today, listening to Pt. 2 - SFAM, I started thinking about the storyline and where, if the band decided to do it, could go with it. It doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be an entire record. Hell, a 10-15 minute "afterword" would be more what I think would be in the realm of realism (if that).

It's 2028 and the the characters have been reincarnated and grown to adulthood.  I think this time, the Julian/Victoria souls need to find a way to avoid the cycle of violence with the Edward soul.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 10:34:22 AM »
I think that if it were to happen, this time it would be set in the future as opposite to the past. Maybe in a dystopian society where, instead of the tension coming from the family ties between the Miracle and the Sleeper, and their love for the same person, it could come from a difference in the character's caste. Maybe one is a commoner and the other from royalty. You could still get the family tensions by perhaps extending the cast of characters to also give the world more depth. Then at the end, instead of having the main character die, they somehow manage to escape death, while the Miracle is caught, but ultimately forgiven thus ending the cycle.

Astonishingly sneaky post.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 10:37:34 AM »
Yeah, I caught it.  ::)
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 10:45:54 AM »
Sorry. Somebody had to do it. At least now it's out of the way!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 12:03:44 PM »

A dystopian sci-fi concept album would give them an excuse to step out of their comfort zone musically which would be interesting
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 12:06:35 PM »
 :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023, 01:26:22 PM »

I dunno, Dead Again didn't get a sequel so it's hard to imagine.

;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline HOF

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2023, 09:40:16 PM »
It should definitely go into the story of the three dancing turtles.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2023, 12:29:56 AM »
It should definitely go into the story of the three dancing turtles.

I haven’t heard that in ages.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline HOF

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2023, 11:45:35 AM »

I dunno, Dead Again didn't get a sequel so it's hard to imagine.

;D

They’ll need to find another B film with Shakespearian actors to draw inspiration from.