Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Post-roulette: And now I go exploring...

Started by Jamesman42, October 29, 2023, 06:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamesman42

Quote from: ReaperKK on December 16, 2023, 07:18:40 AM
I'm glad you dug and Ekcle, and I really hope you have some great holiday time with the family, much :heart to you James.

Oh yeah, I love this time of year, this will be a much needed break!

Quote from: TAC on December 16, 2023, 07:21:12 AM
Quote from: Jamesman42 on December 16, 2023, 07:11:53 AM
I love my job and the school I work at, but this year so far has not been it. It has felt like a constant struggle to keep up with the demands of my job, and the kids themselves this year are a lot more unruly than I usually get. I also don't get my planning period to myself this year, or the last 3 years really, so my room is buzzing with noise all day long

I can imagine that this is an extremely underrated part of your day.

My man, you nailed it. Some people think I am being selfish about this. But I teach 5 math classes in a row, which covers 3 very different preps. And then I have my planning, followed by a class of younger kids which I can only describe as herding cats that just drank caffeine. The teacher that uses my room is nice, she is a great teacher, but those kids get extra loud because it's an elective. And this is the third year in a row like this, while other teachers don't have to deal with it. They ALWAYS assign my room as the one to get used and it depresses me. It is one of the perks of being a teacher and it makes me not want to teach. Sounds petty, but you are right, it is underrated.

Can you tell how much I think about this? :lol
\o\ lol /o/

jingle.boy

So, jingle.daughter is wrapping up her 7-week school placement this week, and she's experiencing some of the same, James.  She's in a 5/6 split, and the 2-3 year period of COVID-era schooling really fucked up the development of a lot of these kids.  Granted, the school is in low economic area of the city, but the literacy, (reading, writing, and comprehension) is WAY below what it should be for most.  Not sure if that's kinda what you're experiencing, but I feel so bad for the kids that were in that 5-9 age range during COVID.  Those are some pretty formative educational years for a lot of foundation building skills and knowledge.

Anyway, that's a lot of scoring packed into 8.4-8.6 (60% of the scores!).  Glad we're giving you a bit of a reprieve, and hopefully we all give you another playlist to look forward to.

Guess it would be severely cheating to send something from Lonely Robot's 2020 release?!?   :lol

Sending momentarily
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Jamesman42

Yes, I have a lot of kids from that age range now in middle school.

I just found out my school is one of the top 20 middle schools in Florida from last year's scores (or, we will be once they fix something about how they interpreted our scores from last year). We work these kids to the max. But I won't lie, I am worried this year about their comprehension. And the behavior is much worse. Homework isn't getting done nearly as much either.

Send whatever, I started these roulettes to get the best music out there. Plus, there is risk to sending the same artist.

\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

It's definitely a DT vibe you're getting.. If you go to their YouTube channel, they've pretty much covered every DT song. Like, it's 90% DT cover vids.

I'll send 2020 soon.
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

Wow, I won the round! Glad you liked that song. That whole album is fantastic!

On the other hand, Thank You Scientist kind of got done dirty. I mean, that is their weakest album, but it's like an A- and the other 2 albums are A+.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

twosuitsluke

Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on December 16, 2023, 11:19:33 AM
Wow, I won the round! Glad you liked that song. That whole album is fantastic!

On the other hand, Thank You Scientist kind of got done dirty. I mean, that is their weakest album, but it's like an A- and the other 2 albums are A+.

I kinda also agree, but 7.7 is almost a round winning score in my roulettes so....
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

Jamesman42

Is all their music like that? It just felt too whacky and the vocals do not gel with me.
\o\ lol /o/

Lonk

lonestar

Round 6 is open, send a song from 2020, and fuck you Covid! Please get them by Monday!

Highly doubt anyone will submit it, but this needs to be included in your 2020 listening at least once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjRMz7w7UwM
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

ariich

Quote from: lonestar on December 16, 2023, 02:28:09 PM

Round 6 is open, send a song from 2020, and fuck you Covid! Please get them by Monday!

Highly doubt anyone will submit it, but this needs to be included in your 2020 listening at least once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjRMz7w7UwM
Conceptually related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKjZQT9Xcw

He also did a tune called F* You 2020 but it's not one of his funniest.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

lonestar

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

lonestar

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Sacul

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Jamesman42

Everyone has sent besides faizoff and Stadler, but I said by Monday so it's all good. Getting my first listens and impressions in the books tonight!
\o\ lol /o/

faizoff

Sent for 2020 !

QuoteColdplay – Orphans   faizoff   8.1   

First, I like Coldplay, at least the songs I have heard mostly. And the chorus is super catchy, it was stuck in my head a lot. But this might be a case where I like a band's older material and this new stuff doesn't quite hit for me. It's a fine song, has that Coldplay feel, it just doesn't do it for me like a song like The Scientist or In My Place or Clocks.

Don't know if I'm in the minority or majority but as fan of Coldplay since Parachutes, I love their newer material a lot more than the older stuff. I like how they do a commercial poppy record followed by a very different type of record the past few album cycles. This cycle was that non poppy mainstream one but still had some poppy tracks.

lonestar

Quote from: Jamesman42 on December 17, 2023, 04:51:37 PM
Everyone has sent besides faizoff and Stadler, but I said by Monday so it's all good. Getting my first listens and impressions in the books tonight!

Thanks... I seriously wasn't sure I sent. It's been one of those weeks.

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Jamesman42

Quote from: lonestar on December 17, 2023, 08:10:29 PM

I feel that!

Just waiting on Staddy.
\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Stadler

Quote from: Jamesman42 on December 18, 2023, 03:41:04 AM
Quote from: lonestar on December 17, 2023, 08:10:29 PM

I feel that!

Just waiting on Staddy.

Should be in.

Jamesman42

I wasn't ABLE to get on yesterday, and I just got home and school is out for winter break wooo!

Now it's hangman time!

??: __tr__a_t – _____s_s
??: _a_sas – T_r_____ ____ta__s
??: A_r_a_ – Sunsets
??: ____ _s___r__ – _r___ar_ _a_ (__at. __t__ ____)
??: _ara__s_ __st – _ar__r T_____ts
??: ______ _r____rs – _ ____ t__ ___
??: __ra___ T___r__ – ___s_r t_ t__ ___
??: _t_a_ _r_s_a – _a___ _'__ __ _____r_
??: _a____ T______s – Sta__s __ __tra_a_
??: T__ R_t____t – Sta__ _: T__ _a___at___ _r_at_
??: A___a _a__ T_a _art_ – ___ _._._.T.
??: Ar__ ____ – __as_r_ __ a ____
??: ___ __t_____ – __s__s
??: __t_r_a_s – ____ & ___
??: Sara _ar_____s – __r_ ____

Guessed letters: rtsa
\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

TAC

Give me an S and then I'll let someone else pick some letters.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

TAC

Jamesman42

I'll be back in 5 hours, everything is updated.
\o\ lol /o/

TAC

LithoJazzoSphere

Sara Bareilles. 

Paradise Lost. 

Pyramid Theorem. 

The Reticent. 

Alpha Male Tea Party. 

Arch Echo. 

Intervals.