News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Post-roulette: And now I go exploring...

Started by Jamesman42, October 29, 2023, 06:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

I had 2 decades of domination. What fan can say that?

No one is the answer.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

LithoJazzoSphere

Nth Ascension - "So, That Was the Apocalypse". 

An Abstract Illusion might be ariich. 

Jamesman42

Guess who sent what

vmads: Alter Bridge – The Last Hero
??: Jinjer – I Speak Astronomy
Stadler: The Cult – Dance the Night
lonestar: Anciients – Incantations
??: Djelmash – Incredible
King: Bent Knee – Leak Water
TAC: Volbeat – Seal the Deal
??: Nth Ascension – So, That Was the Apocalypse
??: Little Tybee – Loaves of Bread
??: Mandroid Echostar – Hypnos
ariich: An Abstract Illusion – Drop This Planet of Dust
tomislav: The Hotelier – Soft Animal
faizoff: Volbeat – The Devil's Bleeding Crown
romdrums: DGM – Portrait
sacul: The Black Queen – Ice to Never

Participants:

1. jingle.boy
2. puppies on crack
3. ariichisgoingdown
4. luke
5. lonedaddy
6. reaper
7. litho
8. faizoff
9. TACK
10. romdrums
11. vmadera
12. tomislav
13. stadler
14. King Pats Suck
15. Sacul
\o\ lol /o/

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

Jamesman42

here's who sent what

vmads: Alter Bridge – The Last Hero
Puppies: Jinjer – I Speak Astronomy
Stadler: The Cult – Dance the Night
lonestar: Anciients – Incantations
Litho: Djelmash – Incredible
King: Bent Knee – Leak Water
TAC: Volbeat – Seal the Deal
jingle: Nth Ascension – So, That Was the Apocalypse
reaper: Little Tybee – Loaves of Bread
luke: Mandroid Echostar – Hypnos
ariich: An Abstract Illusion – Drop This Planet of Dust
tomislav: The Hotelier – Soft Animal
faizoff: Volbeat – The Devil's Bleeding Crown
romdrums: DGM – Portrait
sacul: The Black Queen – Ice to Never

Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/500vqpU310suOG5LvSW81i?si=d1fa8f56c63e4059
\o\ lol /o/

Jamesman42

Have some impressions!

1   ??:   DAT. DIRTY. ORGAN. Yum.
2   ??:   Good energy, has a very old-school feel.
3   ??:   I am learning there are a lot more female fronted metal bands than I would have guessed.
4   ??:   I love a few songs by this band, I am hoping this one gets on that level, not sure yet.
5   ??:   I thought I was listening to Coheed and Cambria. It's pretty good.
6   ??:   Let's rock and roll! This song is grooving.
7   ??:   Reminds me of old school Brand New, with a more modern sound or evolution.
8   ??:   Synthy and 80s but feels modern. I think this will grow as I get more familiar with it.
9   ??:   That is some of the most original stuff I have been sent between both roulettes.
10   ??:   The music feels polished and the vocals feel raw.
11   ??:   There are some beautiful metal moments here, the fast and high guitar riffs are mesmerizing.
12   ??:   This is manly rock music, good workout music I think.
13   ??:   This is what Dream Theater sounds like if you imagine them in a dream. Or in a theater...?
14   ??:   This such light-hearted stuff compared to what is usually sent. I think I am good with it.
15   ??:   Whoa dude, save some brutality for the rest of us! That said, that was a very cool intro to lead into it.
\o\ lol /o/

ReaperKK

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Sacul

lonestar

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: lonestar on November 14, 2023, 05:56:00 PM
Motherfucker... I had them slotted for 2020...and why would someone not send Pisces for 2016...
Just to address this. I actually like I Speak Astronomy more. Pisces is great, but it kind of got overplayed for me and it seems to be the obvious pick from the album.
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

lonestar

Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on November 15, 2023, 07:23:51 PM
Motherfucker... I had them slotted for 2020...and why would someone not send Pisces for 2016...
Just to address this. I actually like I Speak Astronomy more. Pisces is great, but it kind of got overplayed for me and it seems to be the obvious pick from the album.

Fair enough... but at some point we gotta make sure James watches a few Pisces reaction vids...they are the best of them all.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: lonestar on November 15, 2023, 07:40:54 PM
Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on November 15, 2023, 07:23:51 PM

Fair enough... but at some point we gotta make sure James watches a few Pisces reaction vids...they are the best of them all.
Oh, I agree. :metal

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Jamesman42

Y'all are good.

1   ??:   DAT. DIRTY. ORGAN. Yum.
2   ??:   Good energy, has a very old-school feel.
3   Puppies   I am learning there are a lot more female fronted metal bands than I would have guessed.
4   ??:   I love a few songs by this band, I am hoping this one gets on that level, not sure yet.
5   luke   I thought I was listening to Coheed and Cambria. It's pretty good.
6   TAC   Let's rock and roll! This song is grooving.
7   tomislav   Reminds me of old school Brand New, with a more modern sound or evolution.
8   Sacul   Synthy and 80s but feels modern. I think this will grow as I get more familiar with it.
9   King   That is some of the most original stuff I have been sent between both roulettes.
10   ??:   The music feels polished and the vocals feel raw.
11   ariich   There are some beautiful metal moments here, the fast and high guitar riffs are mesmerizing.
12   faizoff   This is manly rock music, good workout music I think.
13   ??:   This is what Dream Theater sounds like if you imagine them in a dream. Or in a theater...?
14   Reaper   This such light-hearted stuff compared to what is usually sent. I think I am good with it.
15   lonestar   Whoa dude, save some brutality for the rest of us! That said, that was a very cool intro to lead into it.
\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

King Postwhore

jingle.boy

13 is likely DGM
4 is either Cult or Alter Bridge.  I'll say the Cult

Which leaves Nth Ascension as 1 or 2.  There is some organ in there, and it's also got good energy and old-school vibe.  Probably the organ one.

Which leaves Alter Bridge as #2.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Jamesman42

Close enough!

jingle   DAT. DIRTY. ORGAN. Yum.
Stadler   Good energy, has a very old-school feel.
Puppies   I am learning there are a lot more female fronted metal bands than I would have guessed.
vmads   I love a few songs by this band, I am hoping this one gets on that level, not sure yet.
luke   I thought I was listening to Coheed and Cambria. It's pretty good.
TAC   Let's rock and roll! This song is grooving.
tomislav   Reminds me of old school Brand New, with a more modern sound or evolution.
sacul   Synthy and 80s but feels modern. I think this will grow as I get more familiar with it.
King   That is some of the most original stuff I have been sent between both roulettes.
Litho   The music feels polished and the vocals feel raw.
ariich   There are some beautiful metal moments here, the fast and high guitar riffs are mesmerizing.
faizoff   This is manly rock music, good workout music I think.
romdrums   This is what Dream Theater sounds like if you imagine them in a dream. Or in a theater...?
reaper   This such light-hearted stuff compared to what is usually sent. I think I am good with it.
lonestar   Whoa dude, save some brutality for the rest of us! That said, that was a very cool intro to lead into it.
\o\ lol /o/

jingle.boy

Yeah... the impressions for The Cult and Alter Bridge could have gone either way.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Jamesman42

I don't know any songs by The Cult (besides what dadler sent me)
\o\ lol /o/

TAC

Puppies_On_Acid

Well that impression doesn't really tell me if you liked it or not  :lol

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

LithoJazzoSphere

Hopefully just raw emotion, I don't think they're sloppy or out or tune or anything.