Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Post-roulette: And now I go exploring...

Started by Jamesman42, October 29, 2023, 06:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

twosuitsluke

I'm literally just sending my favourite songs from each year that aren't already banned. If the band has scored well before then that's just because they're a great band.
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

Jamesman42

It's tricky, because I want the good stuff, I rarely like whole albums by bands anyway (unless they are 1 of 15ish bands). Wasn't sure if banning stuff would be I want, and it's always risky.
\o\ lol /o/

Jamesman42

Looks like I have 8/15 submissions, including Stadler! Please send by tomorrow if you can.
\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

Quote from: Jamesman42 on November 12, 2023, 11:35:44 AM
Looks like I have 8/15 submissions, including Stadler! Please send by tomorrow if you can.

SAY WHAT?  Lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on November 12, 2023, 12:35:29 PM

SAY WHAT?  Lol

How have half the people not submitted????
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on November 12, 2023, 12:44:19 PM

SAY WHAT?  Lol

I'm more shocked that Stads sent all ready. Lol

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on November 12, 2023, 12:47:07 PM
Quote from: TAC on November 12, 2023, 12:44:19 PM

SAY WHAT?  Lol

I'm more shocked that Stads sent all ready. Lol

Nope, not me. I know Stads was driven to get his rouletting done before heading to the spa this weekend.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

King Postwhore

lonestar

Ok James...seems the Japanese stuff won't win me this thing, so I'm curating a list of some deep dive stuff, see if I can pull off an upset here. (still got one Japanese submission, I just can't help myself  :lol )
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

King Postwhore

Jamesman42

You've made me a fan, but yeah, nothing may top the first one you ever sent (Thrill).
\o\ lol /o/

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: TAC on November 12, 2023, 05:05:23 AM
Quote from: jingle.boy on November 12, 2023, 02:55:36 AM
So, I'm just going to give him grief here cuz he's my bestie... but fuck Joe - Riverside got a 9/10 in the 2015 round in his last roulette (ie, #2 song).  Big fucking shocker it would score well again.  I mean, I know you didn't play in his first one and all, and James explicitly stated re-sending artists was ok, but geez!

I'm just going to pre-shame anyone who sends Periphery or Oceans of Slumber this round.   :P

Step it up people... send James new music he hasn't been exposed to - that's the point of a roulette!!!

I considered an Oceans Of Slumber song for this round, but then I noticed it received a 9 last time, and I didn't want to be that guy.

Intentionally or not I feel kind of called out, since I sent an Oceans of Slumber song last time after one had already been sent a few rounds earlier.  I had it planned from the beginning of the roulette already though, and was kind of annoyed when one showed up earlier.  Can't say I'm shocked since the first one is one of their more popular ones, but the one I sent later is a different type of song and is always overlooked.  Didn't score as well either, which is fine, I just wanted to put it out into the ether.  I don't normally like sending artists that have already been sent, but it felt like a good time for an exception, since unlike most roulettes it wasn't banned, and since a number of people were doing it with other artists anyway.  V2 was one of the few roulettes I've sent much DTF-core anyway. 

Also, it doesn't even cosmically balance out since I lost 10 points because unknownst to me, someone beat me to sending the song I was going to send in one of the rounds.  Duplicate artists later in the roulette, that's fine, two people sending the same song at once, absolutely not.  :p

King Postwhore

Jamesman42

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on November 12, 2023, 04:24:43 PM
So, I'm just going to give him grief here cuz he's my bestie... but fuck Joe - Riverside got a 9/10 in the 2015 round in his last roulette (ie, #2 song).  Big fucking shocker it would score well again.  I mean, I know you didn't play in his first one and all, and James explicitly stated re-sending artists was ok, but geez!

I'm just going to pre-shame anyone who sends Periphery or Oceans of Slumber this round.   :P

Step it up people... send James new music he hasn't been exposed to - that's the point of a roulette!!!

I considered an Oceans Of Slumber song for this round, but then I noticed it received a 9 last time, and I didn't want to be that guy.

Intentionally or not I feel kind of called out, since I sent an Oceans of Slumber song last time after one had already been sent a few rounds earlier.  I had it planned from the beginning of the roulette already though, and was kind of annoyed when one showed up earlier.  Can't say I'm shocked since the first one is one of their more popular ones, but the one I sent later is a different type of song and is always overlooked.  Didn't score as well either, which is fine, I just wanted to put it out into the ether.  I don't normally like sending artists that have already been sent, but it felt like a good time for an exception, since unlike most roulettes it wasn't banned, and since a number of people were doing it with other artists anyway.  V2 was one of the few roulettes I've sent much DTF-core anyway. 

Also, it doesn't even cosmically balance out since I lost 10 points because unknownst to me, someone beat me to sending the song I was going to send in one of the rounds.  Duplicate artists later in the roulette, that's fine, two people sending the same song at once, absolutely not.  :p

And they beat you by sending in their whole list at the beginning :lol
\o\ lol /o/

jingle.boy

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on November 12, 2023, 04:24:43 PM

Wasn't calling you out at all.  I didn't even remember you sent OoS later in the roulette.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

LithoJazzoSphere

You'd probably only have remembered it if it had gotten a 9 or a 10.  ;)

Tomislav95

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

Jamesman42

Round 2 hangman!

??: __t__ B_____ – T__ ___t ____
??: ______ – _ _____ __t______
??: T__ ___t – _____ t__ ____t
??: _______t_ – _____t_t____
??: ________ – _______b__
??: B__t ____ – ____ __t__
??: ___b__t – ____ t__ ____
??: _t_ _________ – __, T__t ___ t__ __________
??: __tt__ T_b__ – ______ __ B____
??: ________ _____t__ – ______
??: __ _b_t___t ________ – ____ T___ _____t __ ___t
??: T__ __t_____ – ___t ______
??: ___b__t – T__ _____'_ B_______ _____
??: ___ – ___t___t_
??: T__ B____ _____ – ___ t_ _____

Guessed letters: bt
\o\ lol /o/

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

TAC

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

LithoJazzoSphere

Let's get an "S" to make it plural and start passing those around.

TAC

TAC

An Abstract Illusion-Drop This Planet Of Dust
Is Wolfking playing?

I'll take an E

Jamesman42

He is! BLTs all around, thanks lonestar!!!!
I am off to bed my homies.

??: _lte_ B____e – T_e L_st _e__
??: ____e_ – _ S_e__ _st______
Stadler: The Cult – Dance the Night
??: _____e_ts – _____t_t___s
??: __el__s_ – ____e__ble
??: Bent Knee – Le__ __te_
??: __lbe_t – Se_l t_e _e_l
??: _t_ _s_e_s___ – S_, T__t __s t_e _____l__se
??: Little Tybee – Loaves of Bread
??: ________ E___st__ – _____s
??: An Abstract Illusion – Drop This Planet of Dust
??: T_e __tel_e_ – S__t _____l
faizoff: Volbeat – The Devil's Bleeding Crown
??: ___ – ___t___ts
??: T_e Bl___ __ee_ – __e t_ _e_e_

Guessed letters: btlse
\o\ lol /o/

TAC

TAC

LithoJazzoSphere

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/