Author Topic: Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Post-roulette: And now I go exploring...  (Read 26430 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Round 1 Results (hef is the best dad, just so you kn
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2023, 11:47:19 AM »
Apparently Joe didn’t mind! :D :P

You bastard!  Lol. I didn't even look at his last roulette! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Round 1 Results (hef is the best dad, just so you kn
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2023, 12:18:10 PM »
I'm literally just sending my favourite songs from each year that aren't already banned. If the band has scored well before then that's just because they're a great band.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2023, 12:27:42 PM »
It's tricky, because I want the good stuff, I rarely like whole albums by bands anyway (unless they are 1 of 15ish bands). Wasn't sure if banning stuff would be I want, and it's always risky.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2023, 12:35:44 PM »
Looks like I have 8/15 submissions, including Stadler! Please send by tomorrow if you can.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2023, 01:35:29 PM »
Looks like I have 8/15 submissions, including Stadler! Please send by tomorrow if you can.

SAY WHAT?  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2023, 01:44:19 PM »

SAY WHAT?  Lol

How have half the people not submitted????
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2023, 01:47:07 PM »

SAY WHAT?  Lol

I'm more shocked that Stads sent all ready. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2023, 01:50:31 PM »

SAY WHAT?  Lol

I'm more shocked that Stads sent all ready. Lol

Nope, not me. I know Stads was driven to get his rouletting done before heading to the spa this weekend.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2023, 02:01:06 PM »
OK, OK, I sent.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2023, 02:05:22 PM »
Ah. I didn't know that.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2023, 04:28:52 PM »
Ok James...seems the Japanese stuff won't win me this thing, so I'm curating a list of some deep dive stuff, see if I can pull off an upset here. (still got one Japanese submission, I just can't help myself  :lol )

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2023, 04:57:12 PM »
We know my friend. We know.  :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2023, 05:12:51 PM »
You've made me a fan, but yeah, nothing may top the first one you ever sent (Thrill).

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2023, 05:24:43 PM »
So, I'm just going to give him grief here cuz he's my bestie... but fuck Joe - Riverside got a 9/10 in the 2015 round in his last roulette (ie, #2 song).  Big fucking shocker it would score well again.  I mean, I know you didn't play in his first one and all, and James explicitly stated re-sending artists was ok, but geez!

I'm just going to pre-shame anyone who sends Periphery or Oceans of Slumber this round.   :P

Step it up people... send James new music he hasn't been exposed to - that's the point of a roulette!!!

I considered an Oceans Of Slumber song for this round, but then I noticed it received a 9 last time, and I didn't want to be that guy.

Intentionally or not I feel kind of called out, since I sent an Oceans of Slumber song last time after one had already been sent a few rounds earlier.  I had it planned from the beginning of the roulette already though, and was kind of annoyed when one showed up earlier.  Can't say I'm shocked since the first one is one of their more popular ones, but the one I sent later is a different type of song and is always overlooked.  Didn't score as well either, which is fine, I just wanted to put it out into the ether.  I don't normally like sending artists that have already been sent, but it felt like a good time for an exception, since unlike most roulettes it wasn't banned, and since a number of people were doing it with other artists anyway.  V2 was one of the few roulettes I've sent much DTF-core anyway. 

Also, it doesn't even cosmically balance out since I lost 10 points because unknownst to me, someone beat me to sending the song I was going to send in one of the rounds.  Duplicate artists later in the roulette, that's fine, two people sending the same song at once, absolutely not.  :p
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 05:42:16 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2023, 05:52:15 PM »
Go in dumb.  It pisses of old fucks.  My bruhs.   :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2023, 05:53:50 PM »
So, I'm just going to give him grief here cuz he's my bestie... but fuck Joe - Riverside got a 9/10 in the 2015 round in his last roulette (ie, #2 song).  Big fucking shocker it would score well again.  I mean, I know you didn't play in his first one and all, and James explicitly stated re-sending artists was ok, but geez!

I'm just going to pre-shame anyone who sends Periphery or Oceans of Slumber this round.   :P

Step it up people... send James new music he hasn't been exposed to - that's the point of a roulette!!!

I considered an Oceans Of Slumber song for this round, but then I noticed it received a 9 last time, and I didn't want to be that guy.

Intentionally or not I feel kind of called out, since I sent an Oceans of Slumber song last time after one had already been sent a few rounds earlier.  I had it planned from the beginning of the roulette already though, and was kind of annoyed when one showed up earlier.  Can't say I'm shocked since the first one is one of their more popular ones, but the one I sent later is a different type of song and is always overlooked.  Didn't score as well either, which is fine, I just wanted to put it out into the ether.  I don't normally like sending artists that have already been sent, but it felt like a good time for an exception, since unlike most roulettes it wasn't banned, and since a number of people were doing it with other artists anyway.  V2 was one of the few roulettes I've sent much DTF-core anyway. 

Also, it doesn't even cosmically balance out since I lost 10 points because unknownst to me, someone beat me to sending the song I was going to send in one of the rounds.  Duplicate artists later in the roulette, that's fine, two people sending the same song at once, absolutely not.  :p

And they beat you by sending in their whole list at the beginning :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2023, 06:21:13 PM »

Wasn't calling you out at all.  I didn't even remember you sent OoS later in the roulette.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2023, 06:26:31 PM »
You'd probably only have remembered it if it had gotten a 9 or a 10.  ;)

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2023, 07:04:23 AM »
Glad you liked Eidola :tup
Sent some non-metal stuff, again.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2023, 07:20:01 AM »
Thank you! Just waiting on two more people.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2023, 07:25:06 AM »
Sent!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Re: Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Round 2 Hangman (lonestar cooked me dinner tonight)
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2023, 07:13:23 PM »
Round 2 hangman!

??: __t__ B_____ – T__ ___t ____
??: ______ – _ _____ __t______
??: T__ ___t – _____ t__ ____t
??: _______t_ – _____t_t____
??: ________ – _______b__
??: B__t ____ – ____ __t__
??: ___b__t – ____ t__ ____
??: _t_ _________ – __, T__t ___ t__ __________
??: __tt__ T_b__ – ______ __ B____
??: ________ _____t__ – ______
??: __ _b_t___t ________ – ____ T___ _____t __ ___t
??: T__ __t_____ – ___t ______
??: ___b__t – T__ _____'_ B_______ _____
??: ___ – ___t___t_
??: T__ B____ _____ – ___ t_ _____

Guessed letters: bt
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 07:20:41 PM by Jamesman42 »

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2023, 07:14:40 PM »
B
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2023, 07:15:37 PM »
T

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2023, 07:17:08 PM »
L
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2023, 07:21:07 PM »
That's what lonestar made me, a BLT.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2023, 07:22:33 PM »
That's what lonestar made me, a BLT.
I'll take one too!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2023, 07:28:12 PM »
Let's get an "S" to make it plural and start passing those around.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2023, 07:33:02 PM »
Volbeat-The Devil's Bleeding Crown
Is Faizoff playing?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2023, 07:34:58 PM »
An Abstract Illusion-Drop This Planet Of Dust
Is Wolfking playing?

I'll take an E

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2023, 07:36:26 PM »
He is! BLTs all around, thanks lonestar!!!!
I am off to bed my homies.

??: _lte_ B____e – T_e L_st _e__
??: ____e_ – _ S_e__ _st______
Stadler: The Cult – Dance the Night
??: _____e_ts – _____t_t___s
??: __el__s_ – ____e__ble
??: Bent Knee – Le__ __te_
??: __lbe_t – Se_l t_e _e_l
??: _t_ _s_e_s___ – S_, T__t __s t_e _____l__se
??: Little Tybee – Loaves of Bread
??: ________ E___st__ – _____s
??: An Abstract Illusion – Drop This Planet of Dust
??: T_e __tel_e_ – S__t _____l
faizoff: Volbeat – The Devil's Bleeding Crown
??: ___ – ___t___ts
??: T_e Bl___ __ee_ – __e t_ _e_e_

Guessed letters: btlse
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 07:44:55 PM by Jamesman42 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2023, 07:36:58 PM »
Little Tybee-Loaves Of Bread. No idea...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2023, 07:38:11 PM »
The Cult-Dance The Night-Stadler

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2023, 07:43:59 PM »
Bent Knee.  Is Crow playing?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2023, 07:44:38 PM »
Crow is not playing